Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

sexpig by night posted:

Have they confirmed this is the last expansion, though? Does that mean CK3 is coming at some point or do we not know?

this isn't confirmed to be the last expansion but they're adding all of the 'fun' and game unbalancing things in now so if this isn't the last one, then the next one likely is. the game is almost seven years old at this point and i'm sure they could still milk some DLC bucks out of the playerbase since this is a unique and fantastic game, but they do have other games to develop

ck3 isn't confirmed or hinted at but at this point it is more certain to be released than fallout 5. ck2is a top seller, in july there was a leak of steam ownership stats so the rough numbers are like:

Cities: Skylines 6,132,366
Magicka 4,976,290
Crusader Kings II 3,170,312
Europa Universalis IV 1,983,657
Stellaris 1,967,015
Hearts of Iron IV 1,352,834
Pillars of Eternity 1,275,530
Magicka 2 857,543
Age of Wonders III 764,290
Tyranny 562,631
Teleglitch: Die More Edition 453,247
Cities in Motion 2 451,407
BATTLETECH 289,619
Cities in Motion 237,970

so of the 'classic' grand strategy map painting games ck2 is by far the biggest draw. granted it's been out the longest but we can be sure they'll develop a new one as soon as they release victoria 3, fuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

luxury handset posted:

more certain to be released than fallout 5.

Is fallout 76 not actually selling or something?

I'd take CK2 ownership with a small grain of salt at least, it was a free game giveaway one weekend so there's gonna be lots of people that added it and never played it

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

The most we got regarding new/no new dlc is a "no comment at this time" in the latest Dev Diary.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

MinistryofLard posted:

Are the new prestige retinues for Vikings not allowed to raid? I can't select it - is it only raised levies that can raid now?

They can raid, but you can only toggle to raiders in peace time.

Also make sure they didn't get combined with any event troops that are forbidden to raid.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Azhais posted:

Is fallout 76 not actually selling or something?

i'm saying, as sure as you can be that bethesda is going to release a fifth fallout, you can be more sure that paradox is going to release a third crusader kings. they might as well just liquidate the company if they choose not to release ck3

if they decide to make a new engine rather than continue to iterate and develop clausewitz i'd guess that ck3 will be the flagship title

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

I remember reading somewhere that they're adding a bunch of new features to the engine in Imperator: Rome. Something about having actual dev tools instead of having to script absolutely every goddamn thing.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

luxury handset posted:

so of the 'classic' grand strategy map painting games ck2 is by far the biggest draw. granted it's been out the longest but we can be sure they'll develop a new one as soon as they release victoria 3, fuckers

If you truly wish to play a game of Econimics, and the rise of communism and fascism, might I suggest Real Life :smug:

(for real tho I want it so bad)

DeadLetterOfficer
Mar 30, 2011

I said, I've got a big stick.
I haven't played Stellaris since release but was reading up on the DLCs and looking at the Imperator dev diaries and pops were a big thing for both. So looking good for Victoria 3.

Does Vicky 2 still hold up? I remember sliding back down that learning curve time and time again.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Radio Free Kobold posted:

I remember reading somewhere that they're adding a bunch of new features to the engine in Imperator: Rome. Something about having actual dev tools instead of having to script absolutely every goddamn thing.

That game looks cool and I hope it will ship with a converter to send your saves to ck2.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Palemdromes posted:

Someone asked about Basques and the Reconquista. The culture description definitely says they can, but I haven’t found a way to do it yet, even starting as navarra. Is it normally in the intrigue screen? Or via right click on yourself? Or right click on the target?

It's an intrigue decision. All Iberian cultures can do it if they are Christian, so you'll see it in there if you're an independent duke+

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Piell posted:

Start with whoever on Ireland has the most counties. Start trying to fabricate a holding on one of the other counties in your duchy (unless you already hold a majority of your duchy). While you're doing that, send your marshal to train troops in your capital. Once you have a claim, taking out a solo county should be relatively easy. From there, you need to save up enough to form a duchy and ask the remaining count to become your vassal, and make war on him for it if he doesn't accept. Once you have a duchy, just keep taking out solo counties as much as you can. If you are liked by the pope, you can ask for claims. Also check once in a while to see if anyone in Ireland has switched to a heresy so you can declare war on them for it. Once you have 50% of the counties in Ireland, you can become a king and ask the rest of Ireland to become a vassal and fight them if they refuse.

Where do you find the options to form duchys and stuff? And the only way to increase your troops is to build stuff that increases it, and grow your pops right?

GHOST_BUTT posted:

Its more complex than it used to be owing to the added counties in this patch, but it's still pretty easily doable starting, as always, in Dublin (which is the optimal Holy Fury start anyway because there's a decent bloodline there). I tried it last night to see if tutorial island was still viable and united Ireland with my third ruler. Probably could have done it on the second but Satan did not see fit to heal her smashed brains with unholy magic, although he did heal her concurrent food poisoning which is about as accurate a representation of making a deal with the devil as I've seen. As ever it's vastly easier if you've got Jade Dragon because the CBs in that expansion let you just conquer people for basically no reason if you've got the cash and piety to throw around. I bet it saved me a decade of claim forging.

e it's also a little harder now that you can't just pull 2500 dudes from the aether, but I think that the prestige retinues made up for that pretty well.

I found that as soon as my first leader died, I lost Meth, and I had already had to give my dads demanse to my other son so I wouldn't piss everyone off. One of the hardest things to wrap around is how to keep your lands at a size people don't freak out about, but also grow your lands.

luxury handset posted:

yeah. don't hesitate to start higher on the ladder if you want. everyone likes the idea of starting as Count Nobody of Zero and climbing up the ladder with a knife in your teeth but, playing as a catholic count is really boring most of the time

-try to time it so that you go feudal when you have the largest possible demense. all of your directly owned holdings will become feudal, saving you time. also try to ensure that you've built up the holdings properly - a level 2 weaponsmith in a tribe converts to a level 1 armory in a castle, a level 2 tribe town to a level 1 castle town, etc. but a level 1 building won't convert to anything. this can save you tons of money since prestige is easier to get as a tribal than money as a feudal. at the very least, thicken out your capital holding to take advantage of this conversion. otherwise try to do it before the vikings show up
-building forts for your vassals is expensive as poo poo and they will still take their time to convert anyway. just ignore them and wait for them to get around to it. you should generally never be building in your vassal holdings because there are so many other, better things to spend the money on - like buildings in your own holdings, claims, etc.
-any bishop who likes you more than the pope will give you stuff. any bishop who likes the pope more will ignore you. if you have a super charismatic pope, then you're out of luck. that's catholicism!
-check the bloodline, there's a little icon that will tell you if it can be inherited through the mother or through the father. you may see both icons

Cool. I remember playing a England game where I eventually united the kingdom and everyone loved me, so I figured I could do the same with Ireland, but nope, as the holder of the traditional captial is fairly weak. I should take control of one of the Petty Kings that are on the Island before forging the Kingdom in iron and blood.

Oh I don't have any DLC besides Republic and Sword of Islam. I will probably get Old Gods with the sale coming up, but I don't know what else to grab.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Are there any intrigue related Bloodlines?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Edit : Oops that's what I get for having 2 games threads open at the same time.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 21, 2018

jwalrus
Jul 27, 2007

Radio Free Kobold posted:

this is the most byzantine thing i have read all week.

It's even more amazing that the new emperor has done more to reclaim imperial territory than all the previous ones combined did. He's constantly at war with someone. Who knew that the best way to restore the Roman empire was to put a Tengrist in charge? I'm honestly considering converting just because he's such a Billy Badass. I'd probably have to leave the hermetics, though, wouldn't I?

Also, the Swedes united Scandinavia and just reformed the Norse faith. It's not even a hundred years into the game. Is there a way to see what reforms they picked?

Oh, and Saxony now borders the Umayyads. They conquered chunks of southern France, for some reason. And so did the Umayyads. This is just loving bizarre.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

twistedmentat posted:

So this is my collection

https://swgoh.gg/p/958318655/characters/

Who should I be leveling to put in a Jedi group with Bastila now that I have her both zeta'd and at 7*.

Did they extend the time period a bit with this DLC as well?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Man, something really seems weird with secret cults. I'm failing most of the time to induct people into secret hellenism, despite that what I can see from the files governing it, I should have a nearly overwhelming chance of success.

MNM.3410 governs it; the target gets two choices, to join the secret faith or not. The starting AI chances are 60/40 favoring the secret faith, and you can get some pretty big bonuses. My current guy is a great diplomat, so as I calculate it, there's a base weight of 286.2 for them to join, increased to 858.6 if I make the right "appeal" - pretty straightforward, as for anyone but intrigue education, one "right appeal" is just picking the one matching their education.

Whereas if the target has no special traits like zealous or paranoid, they've just got that weight of 40 to refuse - multiplied by 2, 3, 4, 16 or 32 for barons, counts, dukes, kings and emperors respectively. By my counting, then, I should have a 95% chance to convert a landless character, 88% chance to convert a count, 84% chance to convert a duke, and even a 57% chance to convert a king. But I'm failing more than half the time, often even against landless characters, and I have no idea why. Anyone else messed around with secret cults that can shed some light on this?

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 21, 2018

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

twistedmentat posted:

Where do you find the options to form duchys and stuff? And the only way to increase your troops is to build stuff that increases it, and grow your pops right?

A notification bubble of a blue shield will pop up in the top left if there are titles you can create. If there's a specific duchy you're after, click one of the counties in the duchy, click the coat of arms, and then in the new window check the "De Jure" checkbox in the top right. This will show three new coats of arms in the top right: the Duchy, Kingdom, and Empire the county is a part of. Click the Duchy coat of arms, and you should see one of three buttons:

Create: This means the duchy doesn't exist yet. If the button is blue, it means you meet the requirements and just have to click the button to do so. If it's greyed out, hover over and it will tell you what you need. Usually you need to own a majority of counties in the duchy, and have a certain amount of gold.

Usurp: This means the duchy already exists and somebody else has it. Like with create, you need a majority of the counties (or all in some cases, it depends on the religions of yourself and the older) and you need to pay gold. This one is kind of a pain though since even if you meet all the requirements you're not allow to usurp a title from somebody who's at war, so somtimes you have to play a waiting game until whatever war they're fighting wraps up.

Destroy: This means you already own the duchy. Sometimes it's valuable to destroy titles but for the most part you should avoid doing so until you get pretty big.

As for troops, one thing the game doesn't really explain well is that you get a HUGE boost to levies in your capital. One capital province with 4 castles will pump out way more troops than four provinces with one castle each. Build up your capital as much as possible, and then focus on other castles. You can also get a temporary boost by setting your marshal to train troops in your capital.

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
I, the king of Ireland, just killed my own daughter, the queen of Scotland, to get away with stealing the foreskin of Jesus from my Benedictice Order without them knowing. This game.

edit: oh apparently she was pregnant with my 4th grandkid.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

twistedmentat posted:

So this is my collection

https://swgoh.gg/p/958318655/characters/

Who should I be leveling to put in a Jedi group with Bastila now that I have her both zeta'd and at 7*.

im glad rey is reforming the jedi

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Azhais posted:

It just randomly hands out titles until you're under the cap with no interaction or confirmation

Will it make new nobles of your culture and religion? Or will use random Courtiers?

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
A bit late but I would say that Warlike can be quite nice for early-mid game wherein you can just take your entire vassal levy and go raiding with it with little penalty. Additionally if you are running anything else which excludes Great Holy Wars then you don't have any worries of said pointless conflicts destroying MA/Blobbing.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I don't often cheat in this game, but when I'm defending Greece in a Crusade against the Catholics as the newly converted Hellenic Byzantines, and the Karlingblob manages to recombine itself, only to GET EVEN loving STRONGER BY THE loving CHILDREN'S CRUSADE FIRING AND THEM GETTING 100,000 EVENT TROOPS BECAUSE IT WAS WON BY A loving KARLING SOMEHOW, I really am fed up with that complete and utter amount of ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT and will cheat my way to victory.

Seriously, HOLY gently caress.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sydin posted:

A notification bubble of a blue shield will pop up in the top left if there are titles you can create. If there's a specific duchy you're after, click one of the counties in the duchy, click the coat of arms, and then in the new window check the "De Jure" checkbox in the top right. This will show three new coats of arms in the top right: the Duchy, Kingdom, and Empire the county is a part of. Click the Duchy coat of arms, and you should see one of three buttons:

Create: This means the duchy doesn't exist yet. If the button is blue, it means you meet the requirements and just have to click the button to do so. If it's greyed out, hover over and it will tell you what you need. Usually you need to own a majority of counties in the duchy, and have a certain amount of gold.

Usurp: This means the duchy already exists and somebody else has it. Like with create, you need a majority of the counties (or all in some cases, it depends on the religions of yourself and the older) and you need to pay gold. This one is kind of a pain though since even if you meet all the requirements you're not allow to usurp a title from somebody who's at war, so somtimes you have to play a waiting game until whatever war they're fighting wraps up.

Destroy: This means you already own the duchy. Sometimes it's valuable to destroy titles but for the most part you should avoid doing so until you get pretty big.

As for troops, one thing the game doesn't really explain well is that you get a HUGE boost to levies in your capital. One capital province with 4 castles will pump out way more troops than four provinces with one castle each. Build up your capital as much as possible, and then focus on other castles. You can also get a temporary boost by setting your marshal to train troops in your capital.

Ah awesome. Even with the tutorial this game is really dense. I haven't played in a long time, and forgot the mechanics, plus that poo poo is really buried in the UI. I was building multiple cities assuming that would increase pop and money, to get more troops, but I guess castles are better for that.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
There is literally only a single bloodline in the entire game that is both patri and matrilineal and there is no way to create one yourself, where I tested it out with a cosmopolitan, equal rights pagan faith and it was just patri :psyduck:

Cool beans, Aliénor de Poitou, in the post 1122 start

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

I found that as soon as my first leader died, I lost Meth, and I had already had to give my dads demanse to my other son so I wouldn't piss everyone off. One of the hardest things to wrap around is how to keep your lands at a size people don't freak out about, but also grow your lands.

I've generally found that making my vassals mad isn't something I really have to worry about until I hold a kingdom or greater. For the most part, feel free to flex on your siblings if you get gavelkinded out of what's rightfully yours.

You can also game gavelkind pretty hard if you've got Monks and Mystics by just taking a vow of celibacy after your first son is born. If he dies, no big deal, stop being celibate and have another, then repeat until you die. With only one male heir in agnatic-cognatic gavelkind, you essentially have agnatic primogeniture.

e vvv this too, ultimately if you die in a claim duel you still end up getting both titles, just maybe not on the person you planned for.

GHOST_BUTT fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 21, 2018

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Gavelkind hasn't been a problem for me since Holy Fury launched. Claims duels are easy mode.

I don't always get my preferred heir, but I always get all the titles.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

There is literally only a single bloodline in the entire game that is both patri and matrilineal and there is no way to create one yourself, where I tested it out with a cosmopolitan, equal rights pagan faith and it was just patri :psyduck:

Cool beans, Aliénor de Poitou, in the post 1122 start

The wiki is actually wrong on that. I started an Eleanor of Aquitaine game (you have to pick her during ONE SPECIFIC MONTH in 1138 after she inherits from her father but before she marries Louis) specifically for that reason and it turns out her bloodline is only matrilineal, and since Aquitaine surprisingly doesn't start with Cognatic succession or at least high tolerance tech/SoW laws it's kind of a pain to keep it actually attached to the ruling line. In my game I've collected a decent number of other bloodlines instead (Ragnar and Boleslaw, and I also founded the patron of the arts one with a subsequent king) but it's still kinda irritating. On the other hand it's not really THAT great a bloodline, 5 general opinion and 5 PCS.

Also irritating: that the younger sister I won a Crusader kingdom for (granted, it was in Finland so maybe the weather drove her crazy)
a) started murdering my kids in response,
b) stopped murdering my kids one son too early, so I'm stuck with my inbred lunatic third son rather than one of the TWO genius princes my second wife gave me after my first wife (also my first cousin, once removed, THANKS AI, I forget to tick that checkbox ONE TIME) died of smallpox.

No I don't care that you died of depression after you got caught murdering my second son, chop chop, get to it. Haunt this one if you have to.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Crusader Kings II: My wife murdered the wrong kids

I love this game :allears:

Anyway, I've just got the demon child event, and I'm going to try my immortal run with the guy (gonna just console the dude to be immortal). Anyone know what I can expect with this?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Crusader Kings 2: THE WRONG KID DIED

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dallan Invictus posted:

Also irritating: that the younger sister I won a Crusader kingdom for (granted, it was in Finland so maybe the weather drove her crazy)
a) started murdering my kids in response,
b) stopped murdering my kids one son too early, so I'm stuck with my inbred lunatic third son

I mean... why do you think she stopped, exactly

The goal here seems fairly obvious and she achieved it and then some

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Funky Valentine posted:

Can smell-blind characters inherit?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Funky Valentine posted:

Oh, no, the right kids died, just NOT ENOUGH OF THEM, which is probably even funnier.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I mean... why do you think she stopped, exactly

The goal here seems fairly obvious and she achieved it and then some

She would have inherited Aquitaine back with only four more murders and I'm pretty sure that was the actual goal but I'm sure her ghost is happy with this outcome too, I would have been PISSED if my sibling got to rule the South of France and I got frigging Finland.

(plus my new lunatic heir somehow has 10 base intrigue and she probably just couldn't off him in time)

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

twistedmentat posted:

Ah awesome. Even with the tutorial this game is really dense. I haven't played in a long time, and forgot the mechanics, plus that poo poo is really buried in the UI. I was building multiple cities assuming that would increase pop and money, to get more troops, but I guess castles are better for that.

there's no such thing as pop really, only holdings. you can spend money to make holdings and build them up, but typically it's a higher priority to spend your resources taking holdings from other people

if you're feudal, you want castles. you don't want to hold cities or temples. eventually it's nice to have cities in your counties, especially counties that don't have at least one city, but really you just want to own as many castles as you can, and ideally all the counties in one duchy. so if you have a capital duchy of four counties, you want to hold all four counties and as many extra castle holdings in those counties as you can fit. or, own all counties in two adjacent or nearly adjacent duchies. building holdings is really expensive though and is better saved for when you can't blob any more, why build a castle when you can just steal some other idiot's castle?

yorkinshire posted:

What does the intrigue event of having your chancellor help manage holdings do? It popped up when I inherited too many counties but I just handed them out manually.

ScottyJSno posted:

Will it make new nobles of your culture and religion? Or will use random Courtiers?

it will use currently landed courtiers. you never really want to click this button unless you have no other choice. you will end up with large, powerful, potentially dangerous vassals. the button is mostly there for people who want to dispose of the land and don't want to deal with it by hand, which doesn't take that long

if you do something like win a holy war and end up with a shitload of land that needs to be disposed of, and you don't want to actually move to this land but just hang on to it, you want to do something like:

-first, check all the barony level holdings. if you are feudal, this is all the temples and cities in your counties. click each one and there is a button with a little crown on it near the raise levies and raise ships button. this button will assign the barony to a randomly generated courtier of your culture and religion. you can dispose of all the baronies this way, and it hardly ever matters who some baron is or what he is up to
-next, check the counties. you have to land these to someone, no free auto-generation. you can comb through your court to see if you have surplus people sitting around to be landed. maybe some nephews or something. if you don't have anyone handy, you can generate noblemen (for a variable, hefty amount of gold) or holy men (for 25 piety a pop) and then land them one at a time. try to give each person one county to prevent any large vassals from forming. if you generate someone with the content trait, set them aside or take note of who they are
-if you have a large amount of land like you just took over a whole kingdom, you'll probably want to make duchies if you have the gold for it. give the content vassals duchies, they'll be much less likely to rebel against you. likewise, avoid as much as you can giving an ambitious person a duchy (or cram all the ambitious counts into one duchy so it becomes a brawl)
-if you want to be a real dick, give Sucker 1 two counties, one in each of two neighboring duchies. give Sucker 2 two counties also. land Sucker 1 as Duke A and Sucker 2 as Duke B. since they have land in each other's de jure duchy, they will hate each other. be careful if one conquers the other though

twistedmentat posted:

Oh I don't have any DLC besides Republic and Sword of Islam. I will probably get Old Gods with the sale coming up, but I don't know what else to grab.

conclave and way of life for sure. old gods is a good pick that synergizes super well with holy furry.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So dumb question but I can't find it in the wiki. It tells me I can create a vassal with land in my kingdom that's currently run by one of my council. How do I...do that though? It doesn't show up in 'grant landed titles' and when I select 'transfer vassal' there's no options I can pick. I'd really love to get it out of the hands of the one guy who's an active opponent of mine in the council even if we're kinda bros currently.

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe

sexpig by night posted:

So dumb question but I can't find it in the wiki. It tells me I can create a vassal with land in my kingdom that's currently run by one of my council. How do I...do that though? It doesn't show up in 'grant landed titles' and when I select 'transfer vassal' there's no options I can pick. I'd really love to get it out of the hands of the one guy who's an active opponent of mine in the council even if we're kinda bros currently.

You have to hold the title that you're trying to give away to a vassal. Check your plots and see if you can scheme to revoke it, if not maybe get your chancellor to forge a claim on it then scheme.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GHOST_BUTT posted:

You have to hold the title that you're trying to give away to a vassal. Check your plots and see if you can scheme to revoke it, if not maybe get your chancellor to forge a claim on it then scheme.

Ooooh ok that makes sense, so the alert is just 'hey this is in your turf not in your direct control, maybe you should fix that' then.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

Ooooh ok that makes sense, so the alert is just 'hey this is in your turf not in your direct control, maybe you should fix that' then.

I think the alert you're seeing is probably "hey, you can create a new title and be Duke of X/King of X because of this land you or your vassals control". If you click the alert it'll take you to a screen where you can create the title, but your annoying vassal will still hold the actual land (that is, the county title).

If that's a problem for you, then yeah, scheme to inherit the actual county title or get a claim on it or manipulate the vassal into rebelling so you can beat him down and revoke it.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Sounds more like the alert you get when you own a barony in a county you don’t control.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Successively playing more and more badass pagan women. My enatic-Romuva-Lithuania game is going GREAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

luxury handset posted:

there's no such thing as pop really, only holdings. you can spend money to make holdings and build them up, but typically it's a higher priority to spend your resources taking holdings from other people

if you're feudal, you want castles. you don't want to hold cities or temples. eventually it's nice to have cities in your counties, especially counties that don't have at least one city, but really you just want to own as many castles as you can, and ideally all the counties in one duchy. so if you have a capital duchy of four counties, you want to hold all four counties and as many extra castle holdings in those counties as you can fit. or, own all counties in two adjacent or nearly adjacent duchies. building holdings is really expensive though and is better saved for when you can't blob any more, why build a castle when you can just steal some other idiot's castle?

conclave and way of life for sure. old gods is a good pick that synergizes super well with holy furry.

Oh great. I guess you just have that annoying red 3/2 there or the message Demanse Too big! I remember when playing William the Conqueror I didn't know about giving out titles to your nobles, and was putting down rebellions and cutting off heads left and right it was like playing the GoT mod.

And I'm so used to other games where you need to grow your population because that means more troops. I will stop filling my holdings with cities and start castling it up.

Know what DLCs i'll grab this weekend, no way CK2 isn't going to be heavily discounted in the black friday steam sale.