Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mettle Suit Bundam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Today I learned that if you combine shroud, light speed, cleric stance and celestial opposition you can spend the next 20 seconds flattening the countryside with gravity and I don't even like holy anymore.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Finally settled on a DRK glam, and all it took was dyeing some crafted leveling boots

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what's the chest???

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

isk posted:

Finally settled on a DRK glam, and all it took was dyeing some crafted leveling boots

That's nice. I'm having trouble with my DRK glam, but I think the problem is he's a male Au Ra. That hourglass shape and those child-bearing hips make all the armor look very bottom heavy. I went for the generic Steppe Warrior look on my WAR but it doesn't fit as well for DRK.

There was this awesome great sword I saw another DRK wielding that reminded me of a beefier/thicker version of the cleaver from dark souls. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Found it. It's called kidomaru.

central dogma fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Nov 21, 2018

Mumblyfish
Jul 22, 2007
Senselessly gorgeous.

isk posted:

That's a pretty sick glamour. Could you post each of the pieces?

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Sorted out my tank glam too- I kept trying different things but kept going back to this- I really like the way it looks on femroes.

I also really hate how imgur destroys the image quality of any screenshot I make. Is there any better alternatives?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I too have recently made a tank glam.

Samael posted:

I also really hate how imgur destroys the image quality of any screenshot I make. Is there any better alternatives?

Not really. I just crop my stuff beforehand before I upload so that it stays high-def.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

I too have recently made a tank glam.

Which greatsword is that? I don't recognize it at all, or maybe just not while sheathed.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I got my final dps to 70 last night, next up is healer. The last one I did was dragoon, and man I thought machinist might be the least fun dps to play but dragoon was sitting over there being miserable the whole time.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Did someone say tank glam?

This is my current PLD set up and I'll probably use much of it for WAR once I get that to 70.

Ala Mhigan Kilij + Heroic Spirit Shield
Scion Rogue's Bandana
Ultima Choker / Ala Mhigan Earrings
Ala Mhigan Coat of Fending
Rathalos Vambraces
Woad Skyraider's Breeches
Rathalos Greaves

No dye.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Relax Or DIE posted:

I got my final dps to 70 last night, next up is healer. The last one I did was dragoon, and man I thought machinist might be the least fun dps to play but dragoon was sitting over there being miserable the whole time.

Stormblood was very much not kind to Dragoon and made what was a fairly entertain if somewhat rigid and one-note rotation into... that. 60 Dragoon was good (if a bit more hollow now that phelbotimize is gone), 70 dragoon is clunky as poo poo, imho.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Choyi posted:

Which greatsword is that? I don't recognize it at all, or maybe just not while sheathed.

Suzaku greatsword. It glows!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

central dogma posted:

There was this awesome great sword I saw another DRK wielding that reminded me of a beefier/thicker version of the cleaver from dark souls. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Found it. It's called kidomaru.

That's from a boss FATE in Yanxia.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

central dogma posted:

I'm having trouble with my DRK glam, but I think the problem is he's a male Au Ra.

slides into frame whispering "did someone say male au ra DRK"

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 21, 2018

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Do you need a laxative there buddy?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Always and forever reminded of this cat with that pose on a DRK.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Thyrork posted:

Always and forever reminded of this cat with that pose on a DRK.

:emptyquote:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

DRK's have amazing upper-body strength.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I think I'm doing this DRK thing right.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samael posted:

Sorted out my tank glam too- I kept trying different things but kept going back to this- I really like the way it looks on femroes.

Save as a max compression cropped .png and pray.

Also, don't post pics that are so large. Reduce them to around 1280 horizontal.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 21, 2018

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Do you need a laxative there buddy?

No, he just stabbed his sword into the ground too hard when being edgy and now he can't get it out.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Samael posted:

if u sign up for an account there you can go into the account options and set it to use the original, uncompressed pic

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Kuvo posted:

if u sign up for an account there you can go into the account options and set it to use the original, uncompressed pic

Makes it much easier to find all the garbage you've uploaded, also.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I can't even go to the site without adblocker or I get jacked by like 10 malicious ads simultaneously. I don't think I'm going to give them any info.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what's the chest???

Mumblyfish posted:

That's a pretty sick glamour. Could you post each of the pieces?

Definitely -

Weapon: Hyperconductive Nothung (Anima)
Chest & Gloves: Halonic Inquisitor's (The Vault)
Legs: Dravanian Longkilt of Fending (The Antitower/Lost City of Amdapor Hard)
Boots: Wyvernskin Boots of Fending (lvl 52 LTW crafted)

isk fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 21, 2018

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

'sup

Recently several of my glamours have had a more "am I the baddie?" look so I guess I'm already prepared for patch 4.5

the whm glam was actually a Fashion Report 100% outfit from a couple of months ago that I decided to hang onto

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Monathin posted:

Stormblood was very much not kind to Dragoon and made what was a fairly entertain if somewhat rigid and one-note rotation into... that. 60 Dragoon was good (if a bit more hollow now that phelbotimize is gone), 70 dragoon is clunky as poo poo, imho.

Ya'll are both high as poo poo. Granted I haven't played Heavensward Dragoon, but the Stormblood one is rigid as poo poo, and it's certainly not clunky. The opener is a little chaotic, but after that you basically hit things as they come off cooldown. It's basically a far more forgiving Machinist that's restricted to melee range, with a way less poo poo burst window. Just don't double weave your jumps

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Well managed to get over my tank anxiety on my 70 PLD, by realizing that I will never see most people in roulette again. It's been fun, no bad experiences so far at 70, other than PLD seems fairly boring. The level 70 gear set they give you is stunning though. So now I'm leveling DRK because it is insanely fun and I want a tank that I am excited to play beyond just getting clusters. Everything they have just looks so cool.

I also picked up my AST again after not touching it since I got it to 60 in HW. I had forgotten how much fun it is. I am sorry Holy, you just aren't enough for me.

At some point I should look into leveling crafters and gatherers, but I'm not sure if I really want to bother.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I've rocked this glamour since 3.4 and I'm not likely to change any time soon.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I've rocked this glamour since 3.4 and I'm not likely to change any time soon.

This is real good

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Been rocking this for a couple months now, so it's about time to change. Not really sure if I want to go armored or not for my next tank glam.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

A Real Horse posted:

At some point I should look into leveling crafters and gatherers, but I'm not sure if I really want to bother.

Come, join us in hell. We have [NQ] cookies [from a 97% HQ craft]!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
man y'all make me feel guilty for just wearing AF gear with how good all of this is

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I've been using the WHM 90 AF gear ever since I could get it. AF gear is good too.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Blockhouse posted:

man y'all make me feel guilty for just wearing AF gear with how good all of this is

Glamour is the real end game.

But I tend to wear full sets. Everything has one undyeable section that can't be matched on non set pieces and that drives me crazy.

thewizardofshoe
Feb 24, 2013

My motorcycle glam.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It looks like we need to make a high mythrite cuirass clubhouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I can confirm that the high mythrite cuirass looks good as hell

I personally prefer the midan coat of fending and would post a screenshot were I not shitposting at work, but for some goddamn reason the collar is popped to hell and the player's chest is exposed and it drives me nuts

while I'm at it, HEY, ZEN, IF YOU STILL READ THIS THREAD, HELLFIRE ARMOR OF FENDING HAS A GIANT loving HOLE DIRECTLY ABOVE THE HEART AND IT'S STUPID