Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Sanguinia posted:

I wonder what the fucks at r/T_D have to say about Daddy putting his tail between his legs and whimpering off to a corner instead of prosecuting Clinton like Q promised them was coming for sure.

Not enough to go there mind you.

Do not post r/The_Donald here, or even think about it. :colbert:

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Youre right -- it was at best poorly-stated, and didn't add to the conversation meaningfully. Avenatti is savvy and slimy and probably is using the prior attempt to smear Mueller to cover his own abusive rear end. I had a post written up to clarify the difference between me hoping something and believing something, but ultimately you're right: it was a poo poo thing for me to say and I was wrong.

You are forgiven. :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

Do not post r/The_Donald here, or even think about it. :colbert:

Thank you.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/KatieBoWill/status/1065264516852797442

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol the SCO's response to Papadopoulos' bullshit "please don't put me in jail, even though I already admitted I am guilty" motion is basically dripping with disdain, and invites the judge to consider all the public statements George has made implying his in-court acceptance of guilt was a lie

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1065270618000683008
https://twitter.com/Tierney_Megan/status/1065270657196441600

(none of this will change his sentence, though, but i assume the judge's ruling against pap is gonna be lit)

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1065273697169276935?s=19

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

These midterms have literally been the gift that keeps on giving.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Great. Now Trump is going to claim that he is responsible for another record.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'd be more interested to see a history of voter preference based on percentages of the total vote. 8.7 mil in 1974 may have been the more impressive feat.

E: So for 2018 it looks like Ds won the popular vote by 9%. That's pretty good but there has to be some year that broke double digits.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Remember the "no blue wave," BS on election night, including from inside this very forum? Fun times. If only there was a ghost of a chance in MS or FL had gone the other way to really put the icing on the cake.

It's funny, because I really expected the Rs to be all-in on how successful Kavanaugh was for them because of the wins in MO and ND since those senators refusing Beerman was so high-profile and because the only Dem that backed him survived the Blue Dog Slaughter, but there's been barely a peep on that front.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

Remember the "no blue wave," BS on election night, including from inside this very forum? Fun times. If only there was a ghost of a chance in MS or FL had gone the other way to really put the icing on the cake.

It's funny, because I really expected the Rs to be all-in on how successful Kavanaugh was for them because of the wins in MO and ND since those senators refusing Beerman was so high-profile and because the only Dem that backed him survived the Blue Dog Slaughter, but there's been barely a peep on that front.

To be fair, Tester also voted against him and survived.

Winning MS next week would be amazing because the Rs would only net 1 seat in the Senate despite having the best map they're ever going to have.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
watch trump be more pissed about this than khashoggi

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-46286215

quote:

An American man has been killed by an endangered tribe in India's Andaman and Nicobar islands.

Fishermen who took the man to North Sentinel island say tribespeople shot him with arrows and left his body on the beach.

He has been identified as John Allen Chau, a 27 year old from Alabama.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
How loving dumb do you have to be to go there, that's the island where they shoot everyone who comes close

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Sanguinia posted:

I remember toxxing that the Democrats would take the house while everyone was freaking out

PS, My Jewish rear end and my POC wife were fleeing to, like, Italy like reverse 1930s Jews otherwise because I know how this poo poo ends and I'm going to be one of those grandpas that knows when poo poo is going down in 40 years after the Siege of Salt Lake City finally puts an end to the fascist menace in our lifetime. Nobody putting my loving yinzer rear end in a camp happy rosh hashanah I'm glad I don't have to flee my home country this year so in that context $10 American doesn't mean gently caress.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

How loving dumb do you have to be to go there, that's the island where they shoot everyone who comes close

apparently he was a missionary going for the top prize. like maybe work up to murder island, go and try to convert maoist rebels in the jungle or something

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yep, and it is sanctioned by India. For good reason too, considering the tribespeople on the island are fully isolated and don't have things like built-up immunities to modern diseases.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1065335143529877505

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Tibalt posted:

I remember toxxing that the Democrats would take the house while everyone was freaking out

PS, My Jewish rear end and my POC wife were fleeing to, like, Italy like reverse 1930s Jews otherwise because I know how this poo poo ends and I'm going to be one of those grandpas that knows when poo poo is going down in 40 years after the Siege of Salt Lake City finally puts an end to the fascist menace in our lifetime. Nobody putting my loving yinzer rear end in a camp happy rosh hashanah I'm glad I don't have to flee my home country this year so in that context $10 American doesn't mean gently caress.

I have bad news about Italy

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

rscott posted:

I have bad news about Italy
Correct, the actual escape plan was Hong Kong.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Lolling at all the comments there trashing her for not supporting Barbara Lee.

vvvv Like reality matters to the insufficiently pure purge squad.

Taerkar fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 21, 2018

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Taerkar posted:

Lolling at all the comments there trashing her for not supporting Barbara Lee.

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1065344248357314561

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Tibalt posted:

Correct, the actual escape plan was Hong Kong.

I have some good news about Mormonism. They're incapable of going fascist within the context of American politics, to the point where a goodly portion of Mormon assholes either convert to more poo poo-headed denominations while vocally badmouthing the church or leave the country for some reactionary hot-spot with a large fundagelical movement.

Oh, and they keep picking up bad Catholics which has helped wrt moral alignment.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I don't think even the most optimistic predictions had them at +40. Nate Silver's day of and after prediction was like +32. According to Jake Tapper though not a blue wave.

Also people all around need to calm the gently caress down about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez already and let her do her loving job as a house rep. Like Jesus loving Christ I don't know what people's deal is, it's like every loving word and happening of her's has to be hyper scrutinized for purity tests or whether she's apparently worthy of being a representative or something and I'm not even just talking about the conservative partisan attacks coming out this week. She was elected by her district by nearly 80% of the vote, that should honestly be more than enough for 2 years.

Kale fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 21, 2018

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
Trump is having it out with supreme court judges on Twitter. That can't be a great legal strategy.....

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

If the Blue Dog idiots in the house push Pelosi and the party even further left via this comically ineffectual leadership challenge I may never stop laughing.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

JasonV posted:

Trump is having it out with supreme court judges on Twitter. That can't be a great legal strategy.....

yeah it's funny, they're trying to keep the myth of the impartial court going and he just casually strides through and tears up the backdrop because he doesn't get that it would benefit him.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Lee getting caucus chair feels a lot like Ellison getting deputy chair.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2018/11/4-teens-to-charged-with-rape-in-damascus-hs-locker-room-attack/

I know D&D is reticent to view charging teenagers as adults as a positive, but seriously, gently caress these teens. I am watching the news story on TV and double-gently caress the media for treating this in a weird humorous fashion and placing emphasis on the fact that they will be in jail over THANKSGIVING! They held a kid down and sodomized him with a broom handle. They raped him, but because they are on a JV Football Team they are treated with kid gloves by the media.

Also, the victim is male so that means its just hazing right? RIGHT?

Edit: For the record I do not support the constant use of trying children as adults. This just pushes an already raw wound as a male victim of rape and sexual assault. The language of boo-hoo they wont get turkey makes me see loving red.

friendbot2000 fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 21, 2018

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Kale posted:

I don't think even the most optimistic predictions had them at +40. Nate Silver's day of and after prediction was like +32. According to Jake Tapper though not a blue wave.

The median 538 forecast was 39, but anywhere from +59 to +22 was in the 80% likely scenario. He basically predicted there was a 10% chance they picked up more than 59.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

friendbot2000 posted:

https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2018/11/4-teens-to-charged-with-rape-in-damascus-hs-locker-room-attack/

I know D&D is reticent to view charging teenagers as adults as a positive, but seriously, gently caress these teens. I am watching the news story on TV and double-gently caress the media for treating this in a weird humorous fashion and placing emphasis on the fact that they will be in jail over THANKSGIVING! They held a kid down and sodomized him with a broom handle. They raped him, but because they are on a JV Football Team they are treated with kid gloves by the media.

Also, the victim is male so that means its just hazing right? RIGHT?

Edit: For the record I do not support the constant use of trying children as adults. This just pushes an already raw wound as a male victim of rape and sexual assault. The language of boo-hoo they wont get turkey makes me see loving red.

I can't speak to the news story you're viewing but the article seems to handle it fairly. Like, there's going to be some sensitivity to it because they ARE kids and its obviously less of an independent or sexual crime as it is clearly an unacceptable and horrible atmosphere. Like you don't rape your teammate with a broom handle unless there's an expectation of it and a confidence that its no big deal. The kids should be and are charged but its obviously a much bigger issue with probably a lot of other people who arguably hold more blame allowing or encouraging it to happen. And like, right or wrong, 5 kids ending up in jail for raping a 6th is gonna rock a community, holidays or otherwise.

I'm guessing the news story you saw was very different in tone because "Thanksgiving" isn't in that article once.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I can't speak to the news story you're viewing but the article seems to handle it fairly. Like, there's going to be some sensitivity to it because they ARE kids and its obviously less of an independent or sexual crime as it is clearly an unacceptable and horrible atmosphere. Like you don't rape your teammate with a broom handle unless there's an expectation of it and a confidence that its no big deal. The kids should be and are charged but its obviously a much bigger issue with probably a lot of other people who arguably hold more blame allowing or encouraging it to happen. And like, right or wrong, 5 kids ending up in jail for raping a 6th is gonna rock a community, holidays or otherwise.

I'm guessing the news story you saw was very different in tone because "Thanksgiving" isn't in that article once.

Yeah, most of my outrage is watching the news story itself which is live, not the article in question. We also have a real penchant for downplaying sexual crimes against men, fuvk, sexual crimes in general. It reminds me of the woman who raped by highschool jocks and the media was "they had such a bright future!"

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

JasonV posted:

Link?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Roberts raps Trump’s ‘Obama judge’ comment; Trump hits back

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/CourthouseNews/status/1065359281178976256

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/BruceBartlett/status/1065383143279079424

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1065375147383615489

https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/1065296911844954112

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1065298330132062208

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003

He was just the coffee-boy, I'm sure. Had nothing to do with them at all, really.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

JasonV posted:

He was just the coffee-boy, I'm sure. Had nothing to do with them at all, really.

Why is this dipshit not in jail yet?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

And in other, holy poo poo, gently caress Facebook news: https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/8xpqy3/a-teenage-girl-in-south-sudan-was-auctioned-off-on-facebook?utm_source=vicefbus

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1065385024298672134

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1065386218760912901

JasonV fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Republicans just continue to show what quality people they are. It used to be fairly even, but It seems like forever since a Democrat had a big scandal but while the Republicans just seem to have one every week not even including Trump's often several a day. Last major Democratic Party one I can recall was Al Franken. I'm sure there's been more since but the Republicans just overwhelm the news with their bullshit and forced errors.