Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I've since switched out the blindfold for shades.

I get a lot of weird tells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

I've since switched out the blindfold for shades.

I get a lot of weird tells.

What are the arms?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Without it, I might acknowledge that WWM has a point. With it, the coat flatters my characters collarbones and is great.

naw I like the midan coat of fending too, I use it. I just wish - well, maybe someone itt knows of some armor that's like a flexible chainmail under leather like the midan coat of fending is, just with less loving exposed vulnerable spots?

in the same vein, I used the biggest necklace I had so that it at least looks like I'm not begging to get my throat slit. you can see the goddamn mail under the leather just floating out to the collar sides doing no one any good aaaa

scholar glams I feel a little more free though

Mad Science
Jul 23, 2013

PVP drk club is the best, it's the #1 weapon glam for my alt.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Runs O12N on BLM

jesus what?

oh :smug:

(I'm a casual I know this doesn't count because it's not savage leave me alone)

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I've got a limited tank glamour.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Doing top dps always counts, even if you're just king poo poo of satasha

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

just ran O9-12N for the first time and honestly the starboard larboard boss is really cool even if he rocked my poo poo three ways to sunday

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Can someone post the eos sweetie macro images please I need to show them to my static

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
+1 suit

Simple, but I think it works well with AST for a stage magician look, rather than AST's usual fortune teller thing, especially with the glasses.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

There was a point in time in 2.x where I had the best man's suit glamoured on all of my classes and just dyed the jacket differently for each.

The shire top hat works real well with it for casters as well.

keirharder
Jul 22, 2017
So when does the bad ARR msq stop? Is it a level 50 quest? I just beat titan and while I enjoy some of the msq there is just so much loving filler.

It’s been good for xp though with the road to 60 buff. Should probably be leveling a third and fourth class to take advantage of it.

Also I stumbled on a multi stage fate in Coerthas that had a big group of people playing it and it was really fun.

keirharder fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 22, 2018

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

keirharder posted:

So when does the bad ARR msq stop? Is it a level 50 quest? I just beat titan and while I enjoy some of the msq there is just so much loving filler.

It’s been good for xp though with the road to 60 buff. Should probably be leveling a third and fourth class to take advantage of it.

Also I stumbled on a multi stage fate in Coerthas that had a big group of people playing it and it was really fun.

Never my friend.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

keirharder posted:

It's bad until the final stretch and then is bad for most of the post content until like 2.4 then it gets good again.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
the bad arr msq stops when you start to hear about shiva, which will be a level 50 quest.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

keirharder posted:

Depending on who you ask, you just got over the worst part, your next primal, or Leviathan.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I've got the suit as my BRD/MCH glam, and I only play those classes in PVP, so it doesn't get a lot of use.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

somepartsareme posted:

the bad arr msq stops when you start to hear about shiva, which will be a level 50 quest.

This, but also the period from Coerthas to Praetorium.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

I hope it's not too late for tank glamours. I did both of these as Halloween glams, but I like em both enough to keep around for a while.
DRK

WAR

beastmen all over the shop

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brainamp posted:

Basic is fine. Suits are good and you pull it off really well.

Edit: I desperately need the glamour closet to expanded like nowish. Retainers and armory can't hold all the spare glamour items I've still got.

Thanks. It's pretty much my favorite glamour because it's very hard to pull something similar in, say, WoW.

Cythereal posted:

+1 suit

Simple, but I think it works well with AST for a stage magician look, rather than AST's usual fortune teller thing, especially with the glasses.

Looking good.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
My current tank glamour of choice is actually just the Mercenary's set, in Bark Brown.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
so did anyone see that rock paper shotgun article people are mad about? guy gets paid to go to fanfest and report on it, patronizingly describes cosplayers and calls people enjoying themselves at a concert cultish, and wasted 10 minutes of an hour reserved for press questions to yoshi p in a small setting asking what he thinks about ERP and ingame prostitution. classy stuff

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Wait, did Yoshi-P say anything about the Allied Beast Tribe quests for Stormblood?

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

somepartsareme posted:

yoshi p in a small setting asking what he thinks about ERP and ingame prostitution. classy stuff

Well?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Wait, did Yoshi-P say anything about the Allied Beast Tribe quests for Stormblood?

If you mean Shadowbringers then yes. The Nu Mou from Ivalice are gonna be a thing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

somepartsareme posted:

so did anyone see that rock paper shotgun article people are mad about? guy gets paid to go to fanfest and report on it, patronizingly describes cosplayers and calls people enjoying themselves at a concert cultish, and wasted 10 minutes of an hour reserved for press questions to yoshi p in a small setting asking what he thinks about ERP and ingame prostitution. classy stuff

I for one am shocked that a RPS article was really bad.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

quote:

Huuuhh!?” says director Naoki Yoshida when I ask about this during a press Q and A. He seems surprised, but it’s hard to believe the creators of the game aren’t aware of this most MMO of player behaviours. I just want to know the studio’s position on cybersex for gil. Do they quietly discourage this kind of thing? Or are they happy to turn a blind eye to this erotic role playing?

“Can I make a very general response to this?” says Yoshida, via a translator. “First and foremost, before you even start playing the game there should be a user agreement that pops up and you will have had to check it off…

“So within that user agreement there is a clause that states that anything that… breaks the law, any activity or any remarks that are made that are meant to break the law or infringe on any sort of laws, for those players… there will be punishment… either that being your account being banned or… some kind of penalty will be imposed upon them.”

It’s a strict invocation of the laws of Eorzea, rather than real life laws (although perhaps he’s reminding us of that too). Is cybersex really that concerning? Even if it’s a consensual encounter between two adult players?

“Regardless,” says Yoshida, “that is still eligible for an account being banned.”

also he said he thought haurchefant was ffxiv's equivalent to vilerat

somepartsareme fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 22, 2018

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Continuing the proud tradition of asking the dumbest questions possible at a convention Q&A

JimmyBiskit
Nov 15, 2007
DRK glam!

psst hey kid lemme see your notes

(yes it's just a full set dyed, it looks really cool though ok back to lurking!)

JuggernautEX
Feb 2, 2011
Did someone say tank glams?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

kirbysuperstar posted:

I for one am shocked that a RPS article was really bad.

i thought rps was on the better side of game sites but the article reads like he got paid by square enix to go to this thing and responded by acting like a patronizing alien who had never heard of mmos, fantasy, or human enjoyment of things. it's bonkers

http://archive.is/RTN8a for the morbidly curious

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

thanks to the kind folks who directed me towards the sophic edge this morning

now i need to figure out a glam set around it....... though my default glam works pretty well......

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Not really seeing what's so awful about that article, I mean it's not good either but it reads like a pretty typical fish-out-of-water-lightly-pokes-fun-at-a-gathering-of-nerds type travelogue. Odds are you can see the same type of thing on Conan or your local news any given week.

The brothel thing was weird though, but the throughline of the piece is the guy doing 5 minutes of research on Google and then trying to relate the top three results to the story. Bad launch, land barons, cybersex. More journalistic laziness than outright hostility.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

If you mean Shadowbringers then yes. The Nu Mou from Ivalice are gonna be a thing.

No, the Allied Beast Tribe quest where all of the Beast Tribes of an expac come together to beat up that edgy cat.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

homeless snail posted:

Not really seeing what's so awful about that article, I mean it's not good either but it reads like a pretty typical fish-out-of-water-lightly-pokes-fun-at-a-gathering-of-nerds type travelogue. Odds are you can see the same type of thing on Conan or your local news any given week.

The brothel thing was weird though, but the throughline of the piece is the guy doing 5 minutes of research on Google and then trying to relate the top three results to the story. Bad launch, land barons, cybersex. More journalistic laziness than outright hostility.

thats about it, along with being really patronizing and wasting peoples time. people on reddit are really Gamer Mad about it and the guy's response to people telling him that question was not useful and disrespectful was like "i'm here to ask the hard questions not tip toe around people" which is just lol

eta: it is funny to imagine someone writing an article like this about blizzcon in 2018 and not getting laughed out of everything

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

somepartsareme posted:

i thought rps was on the better side of game sites

Some stuff, but John Walker's (not who wrote the article, mind) stuff is so bad that it taints the rest, honestly

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Tank glamours? okay sure

it's hard to come up with a color scheme for the Hellfire set!

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Show me some Caster and BLM glams.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

somepartsareme posted:

i thought rps was on the better side of game sites but the article reads like he got paid by square enix to go to this thing and responded by acting like a patronizing alien who had never heard of mmos, fantasy, or human enjoyment of things. it's bonkers

http://archive.is/RTN8a for the morbidly curious
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/11/20/final-fantasy-xiv-fan-fest-2018-report/

FYI, the article is still available (and why shouldn't it be) - unless you're doing the "linking to archives so the bad men don't get clicks!" thing :reddit: does.

orcane fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Nov 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Argas posted:

Show me some Caster and BLM glams.

I have a couple of those too