Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Excuse me, your horizon lock seems a bit wonky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
The Hinterlands is very uneven and it's impossible to get a flat horizon.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Argas posted:

Show me some Caster and BLM glams.

Well, if you insist.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

somepartsareme posted:

i thought rps was on the better side of game sites but the article reads like he got paid by square enix to go to this thing and responded by acting like a patronizing alien who had never heard of mmos, fantasy, or human enjoyment of things. it's bonkers

RPS is all based on contributors, now they spam out 4-5 "Guides" for new games and their articles are kinda eh?

Like anything a good institution can become bad if a lot of the people change

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Argas posted:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Argas posted:

BLM glam!

(BLM stands for blue mage....right?)

Bonus tank glam!

IMO this sword+shield entirely justifies PLD's existence.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I might post more later, but heres my BLM again since you asked.

Elentor posted:

As basic as it is, I've tried other items but this has been my favorite glamour for years now.

Hells yes suits are good.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Argas posted:

Here's some of mine:

My most current ones:

Veks fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Nov 22, 2018

drak0nis
Feb 28, 2016

Argas posted:

Red mage

https://twitter.com/drak0nis/status/1062901270535684101?s=20

Black mage

https://twitter.com/drak0nis/status/1053047150811201537?s=20

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

somepartsareme posted:

also he said he thought haurchefant was ffxiv's equivalent to vilerat

Who the actual gently caress would find it in themselves to even think that, much less publish it in an article?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

I'm lazy and have been rocking the Alex Casting Coat since I got it.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Bonus tank glam!

IMO this sword+shield entirely justifies PLD's existence.

Which sword and shield are those?

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Elentor posted:

Who the actual gently caress would find it in themselves to even think that, much less publish it in an article?

"Oh, it must be to a player that passed away" is a reasonable first assumption to make on seeing a candlelit shrine at a fan gathering. The article is saying he first thought that for all of 10 seconds until he asked someone who explained, not that it's actually true.

I don't see what the fuss is about, it's a reasonable outside looking in report. The worst evil it does is make fanfest sound very earnest and nerdy. Which I'm pretty sure it was.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
Anyone know of an up-to-date gearing guide?

I finished the 4.0 story and Deltascape before taking a break about this time last year. Thinking about getting back in once I can work out what I should be doing.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

BrightWing posted:

I'm lazy and have been rocking the Alex Casting Coat since I got it.

that's a good rear end coat

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

small bird pudding posted:

Which sword and shield are those?

Enhancing Sword + Ritter Shield, dropped in Castrum Abania (Level 69 nice )

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xerophyte posted:

"Oh, it must be to a player that passed away" is a reasonable first assumption to make on seeing a candlelit shrine at a fan gathering. The article is saying he first thought that for all of 10 seconds until he asked someone who explained, not that it's actually true.

I don't see what the fuss is about, it's a reasonable outside looking in report. The worst evil it does is make fanfest sound very earnest and nerdy. Which I'm pretty sure it was.

Honestly, I thought it was extremely tasteless given the general tone of the article. I may be too cynical about it but I don't get the vibes the writer was being nice, he was just covering his impressions with sugar. I mean, "cult-like" if it wasn't so geeky, seriously? Person is being paid to go to an MMO fanfest and knows who Vile Rat was, I don't buy that you get to do that, spend a good chunk of the QA inquiring about ERP, and then act naive because you're just so filled with wonders of this strange but mysterious nerdy world.

I'll echo the impression that others had. I don't buy for a single second that the writer had any good intention and that naiveté-filled outsider view reads like an excuse for heavily sugar-coated condescension.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 22, 2018

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
That RPS article was lovely, I'm irritated he wasted a bunch of Q&A time asking DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE HORNY PEOPLE ON YOUR GAME?, but I'm a lot more irritated that RPS, a publication that purports to commit journalism, gets this pass to fan fest and uses it to send a bewildered nonfan who doesn't give a poo poo about final fantasy generally or this game in particular.6

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
There was also this reddit post which isn't very flattering:

quote:

He interviewed my wife - the Tsukuyomi cosplayer who ended up getting Judge's Choice - about her cosplay with this fake friendly demeanor, knowing that he was planning to use it as "evidence" for his quaint hot take. Then, he classifies her and the other cosplayers' hard work as "foam peacocks." That pissed us off the most. He only revealed he was from RPS after the fact, so +1 integrity point there too.

He also wrote a weird insinuation about how event was "designed to tickle the emotions of exactly the kind of person who is willing to fly to Las Vegas and dress up as a moon goddess" - like... what is that supposed to mean? We interpreted it as mocking her after she was gracious enough to give him a minute of her time during a busy day of checking in, etc.

Oh, and for the record, we drove.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The cult of Yoship. Where us foam peacock adventurers ERPG all day errday like the brainwashed weirdos that we are. Unlike that guy, super civilized proper human being.

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.
SE used money out of the FF14 budget to pay this guy to come to fanfest, so really, everyone who is still buying junk off the cash shop and actively has a sub paid him and make a mockery out of your game and community.

money well spent

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
It read a little like those old second life safari articles, just with fewer dicks.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

And one really big dick.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I read the article and most of you are being giant babies.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

JimmyBiskit posted:

DRK glam!

psst hey kid lemme see your notes

(yes it's just a full set dyed, it looks really cool though ok back to lurking!)

what gear is this?

Questions:
1. I have 2 jobs at 60 and all the other non magic classes/jobs at 20-59. is Palace of the Dead still the fastest way to level up lower level stuff? I want to catch up on the story before finally getting to the rest of HW/all of SB that I haven't played yet.

2. has someone aggregated the entire FF14 story somewhere? My eyes glazed over experiencing it the first time and for some reason I feel like reading/watching a really long and detailed recap.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
RDM glams below:

1) Resistance Fighter

Rapier of the Black Griffin
Hood of the Black Griffin (goobbue grey)
Royal Volunteer's chest/hands/feet of Casting
Anemos Sarouel (charcoal grey)

2) Treasure Hunter

Ala Mhigan Rapier (metallic gold)
Anemos Duelist's Chapeau (loam brown)
Miqo'te Vest (aldgoat brown)
Republican Signifier's Fingerless Gloves (snow white)
Expeditioner's Kecks (shale brown)
Ghost Barque Shoes of Casting (no dye)

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

ketchup vs catsup posted:

what gear is this?

Top 100 pvp gear from this and the previous feast seasons.

https://xivstyle.com/combat/pvp/ranked/moddeydhoo/

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
My body is comprised of 95% anger that BLU isn't playable yet.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

My body is comprised of 95% anger that BLU isn't playable yet.

Unsub now, invest your entire energy in pure hate.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Anyone have a good lowkey BLM glam? I'm looking for something that isn't so crazy over the top with tubes/belts/knives/coattails/etc attached in various places

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

ketchup vs catsup posted:

what gear is this?

Questions:
1. I have 2 jobs at 60 and all the other non magic classes/jobs at 20-59. is Palace of the Dead still the fastest way to level up lower level stuff? I want to catch up on the story before finally getting to the rest of HW/all of SB that I haven't played yet.

2. has someone aggregated the entire FF14 story somewhere? My eyes glazed over experiencing it the first time and for some reason I feel like reading/watching a really long and detailed recap.

Grand Company Squadrons for anything not level 50. Level 50-60 is PoTD/Roulette's/Beast Tribes. 60-70 is HoH/Roulette's/Beast Tribes

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

ChickenWing posted:

Anyone have a good lowkey BLM glam? I'm looking for something that isn't so crazy over the top with tubes/belts/knives/coattails/etc attached in various places

I dig Allagan Gear of Casting + Gazelleskin Boots. Can dye it if you get the Replica variant of the Allagan (crafted & random from PotD bags).

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Elentor posted:

Unsub now, invest your entire energy in pure hate.

Settle down there, shadow energy minister.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

ChickenWing posted:

I am a bad who will be suggesting the Scions Adventurer outfit. works for nearly every class.

On that note, does anyone know of any really good female pants that go with the jacket? DRG is the one class I can't thematically justify wearing a miniskirt for.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Groggy nard posted:

On that note, does anyone know of any really good female pants that go with the jacket? DRG is the one class I can't thematically justify wearing a miniskirt for.

Best Man's Slacks are pretty much perfect

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Groggy nard posted:

I am a bad who will be suggesting the Scions Adventurer outfit. works for nearly every class.

I like the taoist's slops.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
ow

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thyrork posted:

Settle down there, shadow energy minister.

When I first read that sentence my joke was that it sounded like something Palpatine would say.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Yoshi-P, add an enemy called Jeremy Coblyn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Groggy nard posted:

DRG is the one class I can't thematically justify wearing a miniskirt for.

Not the pants you're asking for, but I'm firmly of the opinion that the Long Plain Skirt look works for nearly any job.

With the right armor, it turns DRG into a Valkyrie, for instance.