Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Terror Sweat posted:

Duo characters are never really that great. Except when bone queef and chief came on together, but that might be because they started as individuals

How about the original duo, Chupacabra and Baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008

GoutPatrol posted:

We got a baby on the line! Hola, baby!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

GoutPatrol posted:

Ahem. You mean trio. Don’t forget Old Man Juárez.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

ibntumart posted:

Ahem. You mean trio. Don’t forget Old Man Juárez.

And the goat.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Franchescanado posted:

And the goat.

True, but frankly you’re talking about a decidedly temporary quartet when you mix cabra and chupacabra.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Everyone in this thread needs to stop crying and step down from standing on their chairs.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Bachelor Brothers were the best duo and smart enough to not redo it ever again

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The Senator Giroux posted:

Bachelor Brothers were the best duo and smart enough to not redo it ever again

psure they showed up at least 3 times

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

cams posted:

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

cams posted:

I am not sure how I blocked that out.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yeah Bachelor Bros definitely showed up more than once and it just wasn't the same without that original giddy energy

Only consistently good duo is indeed Victor & Tiny

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Yeah even the GOAT duo, the Calvin’s twins lost it on their second time around, probably because of the fact they tried so hard to continue every single detail about themselves instead of doing something else.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Terror Sweat posted:

Yeah even the GOAT duo, the Calvin’s twins lost it on their second time around, probably because of the fact they tried so hard to continue every single detail about themselves instead of doing something else.

Eh, the Calvin's twins 2nd appearance was hilarious* until the 3rd improviser pushed to be the 3rd long-lost-sibling and they had to rework the entire backstory again to make it make sense.

CBB guests often try to work in that they're somehow related, and it usually makes things muddier instead of funnier for me. I'm trying to think of a time where characters pushed that they were related and it made it funnier. I got nothing.

*"COAT THE THROAT!"
"If that's a life-time supply of honey, that's a SAD LIFE."
"Mmmhmm, I'm doin' my Chico thang."
*The whole bit about them doing auditions together*
*bit about giant horse microwaves*

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Franchescanado posted:

CBB guests often try to work in that they're somehow related, and it usually makes things muddier instead of funnier for me. I'm trying to think of a time where characters pushed that they were related and it made it funnier. I got nothing.

Yeah, that's a weird improv impulse that needs to end. I would say Scott is often responsible for pushing them in that direction, but it's certainly not just him.

Wompler and Lissler are a pretty good duo. Or they were for a good long time, at least.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FitFortDanga posted:

Yeah, that's a weird improv impulse that needs to end. I would say Scott is often responsible for pushing them in that direction, but it's certainly not just him.

Wompler and Lissler are a pretty good duo. Or they were for a good long time, at least.

A lot of credit goes to Jessica St. Clair for making notes about every appearance, which she would bring for reference (which is also why they would go into such detailed tangents to rehash backstory), and St. Clair and Parham's skills as improvisers to say no to prompts that would be dumb for the characters while still moving forward with the game.

Scott likes to box people in with weird prompts, it's a game he plays to challenge good improvisers, and sometimes it's handled very well, like with Big Grande, Jon Daly and Andy Daly, Matt Besser and PFT, all because they're clever enough to roll with the punches or smart enough to say "no, but" to continue the game.

Lately the characters that I find funniest are the ones that just straight up stump Scott. Guests like Chief, Dash Grabbem, and any Mary Holland character. Or characters that outright hate Scott or that Scott hates. The funniest Scott's been lately was when Parking Lot Scott reared his ugly head once again on Hollywood Handbook.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Wompler and Lissler are still great on Womp It Up, where they don't have to rehash their entire history each week to get you "caught up." There's still continuity but they don't beat you over the head with it.

Also Jess and Len just have a wonderful dynamic as friends and it's fun to hear their personalities routinely break through the characters.

Franchescanado posted:

A lot of credit goes to Jessica St. Clair for making notes about every appearance, which she would bring for reference (which is also why they would go into such detailed tangents to rehash backstory), and St. Clair and Parham's skills as improvisers to say no to prompts that would be dumb for the characters while still moving forward with the game.

I loved that oral history of CBB where Jessica talked about how hard she worked to make Melissa a relatively "grounded" character, and how she couldn't believe Lennon upended the whole thing in her first appearance by going directly to "retired Black Ops sniper."

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Where can I listen to his "Parking Lot Scott"?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Franchescanado posted:

Eh, the Calvin's twins 2nd appearance was hilarious* until the 3rd improviser pushed to be the 3rd long-lost-sibling and they had to rework the entire backstory again to make it make sense.

*"COAT THE THROAT!"
"If that's a life-time supply of honey, that's a SAD LIFE."
"Mmmhmm, I'm doin' my Chico thang."
*The whole bit about them doing auditions together*
*bit about giant horse microwaves*

Bone queef and chief work together, but I think it’s because chief keeps denying bone queef and hates her

Bang rodgeman was pretty low key last week, they really could have pushed a lot further and I’m glad they didn’t. Reminds me of the mole woman girl from a while back with nick Nolte and the clemdawg, pretending not to get the guests secret schtick is comedy gold I tell ya

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

piratepilates posted:

Where can I listen to his "Parking Lot Scott"?

Hh pro version, he was on a little while ago

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Franchescanado posted:

Lately the characters that I find funniest are the ones that just straight up stump Scott. Guests like Chief, Dash Grabbem, and any Mary Holland character. Or characters that outright hate Scott or that Scott hates. The funniest Scott's been lately was when Parking Lot Scott reared his ugly head once again on Hollywood Handbook.

Ah, so all of PFT's characters.

If people still have the 2016 tour episodes, the first appearance of Al Peterson is pure vitriol.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GoutPatrol posted:

Ah, so all of PFT's characters.

If people still have the 2016 tour episodes, the first appearance of Al Peterson is pure vitriol.

All of PFT’s characters have been amiable lately.

Bang Rodgeman making Sean and Hayes laugh non-stop on HHPro last week was delightful.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Franchescanado posted:

One of the hardest times I've ever laughed at CBB was when Gemberling was the sex robot and he got Scott to agree that he had hosed him, then he described his physical appearance.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Gemberling is always funny on CBB, especially as Lil Buttonpuss. One of my favorite characters is when he played the etiquette teacher that was high on morphine from oral surgery, which made her horny. His professional video game player talking poo poo about Scott was hilarious, too.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Gemberling is a funny loving guy

In the second scene of this asssscat vid, he kills it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU46Hh1iKvY

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Terror Sweat posted:

Gemberling is a funny loving guy

In the second scene of this asssscat vid, he kills it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU46Hh1iKvY

That vid is blocked in the USA. :(

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
i found a free chrome VPN extension called SetupVPN, and selecting the Netherlands worked to unblock it

eta: here's the link https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/setupvpn-lifetime-free-vp/oofgbpoabipfcfjapgnbbjjaenockbdp?hl=en-US

SousaphoneColossus fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 20, 2018

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
I'm still waiting for CBB's best character ever to return. I'm of course talking about Lil drat it Man

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I don't think we'll see him back until Scott stops bein' such a dickbitch.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I thought CBB's best ever character was Jazz Jazz. Or maybe that's just Bobby Moynihans favorite character.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ArtVandelay posted:

I thought CBB's best ever character was Jazz Jazz. Or maybe that's just Bobby Moynihans favorite character.

Jazz jazz is Nathan fielders favorite character, he has nothing to do with bobby moynihan

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

One of the hardest times I've ever laughed at CBB was when Gemberling was the sex robot and he got Scott to agree that he had hosed him, then he described his physical appearance.

lil butt n puss is the best episode of the whole podcast

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Sometimes I randomly think of "Never the Twain Shall Meet" and then remember everything Claudia o'dougherty ever said or did on the podcast and there goes my afternoon.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Terror Sweat posted:

Jazz jazz is Nathan fielders favorite character, he has nothing to do with bobby moynihan

It was a reference to a fourvel episode when he unzipped and became jazz jazz and Scott/Paul couldn't remember who that was. Bobby is a fan of the show.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

scary ghost dog posted:

lil butt n puss is the best episode of the whole podcast

"United flight 93" was amazing

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My favorite Gemberling character was the guy who had dozens of multiple personalities. He delighted in infuriating Scott. It was wonderful.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
The Gemberling character that stuck with me was the California drought guy who was severely dehydrated and said he pisses in the tank of his toilet so he can flush.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

The Gemberling character that stuck with me was the California drought guy who was severely dehydrated and said he pisses in the tank of his toilet so he can flush.

Any clue which episode this was?

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012

Maarak posted:

Any clue which episode this was?

Episode #361. Waiting for Infinnerty.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

i think i love Mary Holland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ArtVandelay posted:

It was a reference to a fourvel episode when he unzipped and became jazz jazz and Scott/Paul couldn't remember who that was. Bobby is a fan of the show.

yeah i listened to the first two time bobbies, but im pretty sure thats more than enough fourvel