Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

We're bedding down for the night and I didn't see this soon enough to take pics! I asked my six year old daughter to write down what we ate at our tiny dinner, and humbly submit this as evidence of our meal.

qucumber is just too drat adorable :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Majorian posted:

And not just give them nukes, but also, you know, do so in a manner that's pretty flagrantly in violation of the NPT.

I'm sure Iran will be totally fine with this.

e: lol Christ:

https://twitter.com/IL4Hillary/status/1065713515523006464

yikes

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

We're bedding down for the night and I didn't see this soon enough to take pics! I asked my six year old daughter to write down what we ate at our tiny dinner, and humbly submit this as evidence of our meal.

I love this

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I don't image Israel is keen on nuclear SA

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mango sentinel posted:

The Internet makes you glow in the dark

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

That's too frickin cute :kimchi:

Here's my second Thanksgiving dinner I guess:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

Technically that's a leafy green so it counts as a salad.
I'm from now on going to be mentally spelling the vegetable qcumber, whether I like it or not, I just know it. :sax:

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
On the whole nothing ever improves, I just watched a commercial from Boehner extolling the amazing opportunities offered by the legalization of Marijuana.

As someone who came of age listening to the 1st lady telling everyone to "just say no" I sure as hell never expected a former speaker of the house supporting weed business. Much less a republican one doing it.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Aw, thanks everybody. I don't chime in much here but I read the poo poo out of all you smart folks' posts, and I'm genuinely thankful for all the effort each and every one of you put in. I'm better informed and thoroughly entertained because of you. Even the shitheads. I really love you, D&D. Happy turkey day :kiddo:

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Majorian posted:

I'm amazed that the Saudis don't see how incredibly dangerous this game is to them though.

I’m no Saudi Arabian Polsci expert, but;

In a previous professional life I was lucky(?) to work with sites in Saudi Arabia, eventually making a short trip there in person - I used to work in mining.

What I learned while dealing with the place, and then visiting, is that it’s largely an uninhabitable wasteland, bereft of any drinkable water or land that can support food production, and imported slave-labour isn’t even hidden behind any kind of veneer.

It’s the least habitable, most environmentally hostile places I’ve seen, occupied by an equal mix of the most miserably down-trodden humans barely scraping together shelter, alongside the gleefully, wilfully blind “FYGM” ex-pat and Royal-adjacent people making a (often literal) killing.

It’s a loving horrible place, more so than I can find the words to properly describe. While the USA has some incredibly class disparity and marginalisation of people by race, creed and colour, Saudi Arabia is well and truly at “... hold my Alcohol free beer” next-level human rights abuses and class war. Except the royals have already won. Many times over.

What possible danger do you think the ruling folks feel from these actions, and what makes you think the men on the street are empowered to even know the gravity of the situation and rise against it?

Nah bud.. the Saudis are going to be murderous until the sun goes dark, because decades of practice has told them they’ve got no reprisal to fear. These are their every day atrocities, we should be so lucky to be numb to them also...

Deeply depressing stuff eh? Hope everyone gets a Black Friday bargain.

** edited for clarity and me speeling gud.

PuntCuncher fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 23, 2018

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

PuntCuncher posted:

What possible danger do you think the ruling folks feel from these actions, and what makes you think the men on the street are empowered to even know the gravity of the situation and rise against it?

Well, the potential threat of nuclear war probably should give them pause, no matter how filthy rich they are. (and yes, they are absurdly rich)

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Majorian posted:

Well, the potential threat of nuclear war probably should give them pause, no matter how filthy rich they are. (and yes, they are absurdly rich)

Let's not forget that life and the world and the universe look different from the vantage point of being born into no suffering.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

mango sentinel posted:

You'd be surprised.

They'd probably be okay with it if it means more targets against Iran.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

i am harry posted:

Let's not forget that life and the world and the universe look different from the vantage point of being born into no suffering.

As if we needed one more good reason to redistribute billionaires' wealth.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Party Plane Jones posted:

Anyone who quotes this post with a picture of what they're cooking/eating for thanksgiving will get a nice happy new avatar.

it's all going to be the same avatar so i'll find a nice dog or something.

I wish I had taken a picture of my meal now :(

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

thats a pretty hosed up brussel sprout

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

mango sentinel posted:

When did Lowtax get nukes?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Your Taint posted:

When did Lowtax get nukes?

He didn't, Radium just bought five hundred smoke detectors, built a nuclear reactor to power the servers, and got skin cancer. It's how he got his name!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My family is all liberal but I just got into a shouing match with an uncle about climate change where the upshot is he's unwilling to do the barest minimum to even try so I'm gonna die before I'm 60 gently caress humans its good we're doomed

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 23, 2018

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Anyone who quotes this post with a picture of what they're cooking/eating for thanksgiving will get a nice happy new avatar.

I missed a Thanksgiving dinner picture but the GF and I are having a nice beer to end the evening with.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

I find it hilarious that almost everything is misspelled on this and yet your 6-year-old knows how to spell "salmon" perfectly well :v:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I love that she got salmon perfectly.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

mango sentinel posted:

well yeah, not only are we pretty critical of them, but Lowtax would also have a very easy time blackmailing them for a free spineotomy

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

You goddamn infighting goons.

I'm thankful for y'all. And I truly mean that. The dems are bad crowd, the nothing matterers, our crew of lawyers and professionals, all of you.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I find it hilarious that almost everything is misspelled on this and yet your 6-year-old knows how to spell "salmon" perfectly well :v:

Fister Roboto posted:

I love that she got salmon perfectly.

She has a favorite stuffed monster named Sally (it's just Sully from Monsters Inc. but as a girl because why not), and salmon is my daughter's favorite food which of course makes it Sally's favorite as well. 'Sally Monster = SalMon' was the go-to mnemonic device for a food she'll never misspell! Getting the S the right way around is harder, though, as evidenced by the scratch-out. At least she capitalized it to lend some gravitas.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Well that was prophetic. It's cold and rainy here so it was super surprising when this pup showed up cold and wet at our back door.

Pros: a bunch of drunks immediately going into project management mode to arrange to check for a chip, look for an owner.

Cons: scrolling through lost dog craigslist/next door posts is slightly less depressing than realizing that noone is looking for the dog you found.

Edit: we didn't eat the dog

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

cheetah7071 posted:

My family is all liberal but I just got into a shooting match with an uncle about cleanings change where the upshot is he's unwilling to do the barest minimum to even try so I'm gonna die before I'm 60 gently caress humans its good we're doomed

I know how you feel but to paraphrase my girlfriend: For every One of them there is a you and a me. Don't give up.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

BrandorKP posted:

You goddamn infighting goons.

I'm thankful for y'all. And I truly mean that. The dems are bad crowd, the nothing matterers, our crew of lawyers and professionals, all of you.

Look at this drunk motherfucker. I love you too.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Cons: scrolling through lost dog craigslist/next door posts is slightly less depressing than realizing that noone is looking for the dog you found.
Not everyone missing their dog will immediately take to the internet to find them. Especially not for what appears to be a "grandma dog" which breed is often owned by, you guessed it, literal grandmas.

(Call animal control and let them know you found someone's dog.) (Or, eat the dog.)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm thankful for PPJ's tweet dumps

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Well that was prophetic. It's cold and rainy here so it was super surprising when this pup showed up cold and wet at our back door.

Pros: a bunch of drunks immediately going into project management mode to arrange to check for a chip, look for an owner.

Edit: we didn't eat the dog

That’s your dog now buddy. He looks like a little cutie with a ton of personality.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm thankful for PPJ's tweet dumps

I'll never understand the hate for them, they're ideal chapter breaks amidst the bullshit.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Episode IV: AOC

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

mints posted:

That’s your dog now buddy. He looks like a little cutie with a ton of personality.

We don't have a fenced yard and the rescue kitty we have is terrified of dogs so welp. Our DD is taking him to a 24 hour vet to look for a chip so fingers crossed.

Also, the last few times I've found free roaming cats. They had collars with phone numbers and the owner was like "yeah she just roams." Motherfucker put that poo poo on the tag so I don't waste the cat's time

Edit: the pup has a chip, but the system is down. Try again tomorrow.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 23, 2018

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

PuntCuncher posted:

I’m no Saudi Arabian Polsci expert, but;

In a previous professional life I was lucky(?) to work with sites in Saudi Arabia, eventually making a short trip there in person - I used to work in mining.

What I learned while dealing with the place, and then visiting, is that it’s largely an uninhabitable wasteland, bereft of any drinkable water or land that can support food production, and imported slave-labour isn’t even hidden behind any kind of veneer.

It’s the least habitable, most environmentally hostile places I’ve seen, occupied by an equal mix of the most miserably down-trodden humans barely scraping together shelter, alongside the gleefully, wilfully blind “FYGM” ex-pat and Royal-adjacent people making a (often literal) killing.

It’s a loving horrible place, more so than I can find the words to properly describe. While the USA has some incredibly class disparity and marginalisation of people by race, creed and colour, Saudi Arabia is well and truly at “... hold my Alcohol free beer” next-level human rights abuses and class war. Except the royals have already won. Many times over.

Nah bud.. the Saudis are going to be murderous until the sun goes dark, because decades of practice has told them they’ve got no reprisal to fear. These are their every day atrocities, we should be so lucky to be numb to them also...

Deeply depressing stuff eh? Hope everyone gets a Black Friday bargain.

** edited for clarity and me speeling gud.

In World War Z it's a minor plot point that during the collapse of the world into Zombie Armageddon, while the middle east endures a nuclear exchange and Israeli civil war, the Saudi's set fire to ALL their oil fields. This not only results in a horrific environmental disaster and intensification of the collapse of global economics, but the post-war world is that much bleaker because such a massive reserve of global energy that could have aided the rebuilding process was completely wiped out. And the worst thing about it nobody ever knew why they did it. Nobody in the decision making chain and no records survived providing a rationale.

The more I learn about Saudi Arabia, the less I question what the motive would be.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
NYT: hire 👏 more 👏 women 👏 war 👏 criminals

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I'll never not be entertained by trumpers having incredibly sad thanksgivings to own the libs.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1065797062233677825

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Smeef posted:

Deviled eggs (and a hairy arm)

:same:

With chili and cowboy bread and enough wine and gin that I passed out before the sun went down.

Looking at all you guys' turkey pictures though, I'm totally going to go get turkey from the store tomorrow and make me some sandwiches anyway.

Thanks all you guys, between this and the Trumpthread the past couple of years have been bearable and I've felt like I'm not being an entirely useless or detrimental appendage to society (just mostly).

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Skex posted:

That consistency gives them power. If the Left voted with the same intensity and consistency that the Right does the Democrats would move. In fact there is plenty of evidence that they are moving. As I've said before the simple fact that MFA is a loving litmus test for Democrats is a huge loving shift in the Overton window. Yet we have you here constantly telling us that not only has tactical voting (love in primary, Dem in the general) has only resulted in the Democrats actively making things worse.

On the other hand, there have been a number of instances in the past few years where a Dem campaigned on a leftist policy, won, and then immediately acted to prevent that policy from being implemented. For example, you point to how so many Dems are saying the words Medicare for All right now (though usually with an asterisk and a lot of fine print tacked on), but let's not forget the way the Speaker of the California Assembly refused to bring a single-payer bill up for a vote, despite the fact that the Dems had a supermajority and that the bill had already passed the state Senate.

That's really the biggest problem the Dems have right now: they've seriously eroded their own base's trust in them. Even if they talk about good policies and put forward a nice progressive platform, a lot of people expect all those nice promises to vanish into thin air the day after the election. Some Dems have managed to win credibility with their personal history, charisma, and messaging, but it's entirely on an individual level and has zero carry-over to other Dems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

how and why do you keep doing this to yourself.

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

The Internet makes you glow in the dark

reminder that Zodiac Killer asked in 2016 "if sand can glow"

gently caress him and gently caress people that think nukes are just really big bombs.