Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Lt. Lizard posted:

So uh is Tribal kinslayer a new trait or did I just never noticed it before? Because its kinda silly. (- 5 general opinion, + 15 sex appeal)

Apparently murdering my baby nephew makes me super hot?

Please don’t kinkshame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

pidan posted:

Monks and Mystics and Holy Fury add a lot of role-playing options.

Seconding these two, they really add to every playthrough.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Torrannor posted:

Most (all?) plots can't fire until there are at least three plotters. Invite more people.

One of the murder bloodlines has a description that claims to let you plot by yourself, but I haven't tested it yet.

e: Yep, HF.24113 has a 3000 month MTTH (can drop as low as 25.8 months with modifiers) to manually execute him yourself if you have the correct murder bloodline. The success of it has a pretty big modifier based upon how much more combat rating you have, in addition to the usual intrigue score.

binge crotching fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 23, 2018

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Yadoppsi posted:

I got into Paradox games through Stellaris and I was hoping to try Crusader Kings 2 and get started during the Steam winter sale. From watching a couple let's plays I think I'd most enjoy the role playing and being a character in history aspects of the game so I think the two DLCs I really need are Conclave and Way of Life. Does anybody recommend and the other essential DLCs for somebody just starting out?

old gods unlocks pagans, who are more conquery and war focused than the default catholic feudals you have in vanilla ck2

if you have the money, old gods and holy fury are good to add if you want to do a more tradition paradox-style map painting

as mentioned, monks and mystics (societies) and reaper's due (diseases) are probably good picks if you want to play ck2 more as a role playing game than a map conquering game

none of the dlc are essentially really, all of them are good and worth getting. it's a question of how much cash you want to throw at the game. i'd say start with these dlc in this order and then stop when you have run out of money

-way of life
-conclave
-monks and mystics
-old gods
-holy fury (if you got old gods)
-reaper's due
-sons of abraham
-charlemagne
-any of the specific dlc for playstyles like republics, muslims, nomads, etc. that seem interesting

note that this isn't a dlc quality ranking but just what you should buy first to maximize your game per dollar if you want to play rpg ck2

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
The only thing I would add to that is that Legacy of Rome adds Retinues and they are a very powerful tool.

However, the AI doesn't seem to exploit them very much so the net effect may be to make the game easier.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Argh, I really hate how there's nothing you can do to influence whether a wound becomes infected or not. Going back to court instead of continuing to fight and having a badass physician should at least give you a little better odds.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

Fat Samurai posted:

Did he came pre-castrated?

Don't think so.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

twistedmentat posted:

That's some game of thrones stuff, but I'm sure that's pretty basic for what you can do later.

Me a long time ago posted:

I started out as the Count of Wurttemberg. I immediately set out with the goal of obtaining my own duchy. Though luck and God's favor, I quickly fabricated and claimed the counties of Baden and Breigsau. In addition I also secured a second barony in both Wurttemberg and Baden, the former by using intrigue focus to expose and imprison my childless Baron who was swiftly thrown in the oubliette, the latter baron, also childless, died of severe stress before I could do the same thing to him (guess he knew what was coming!).

Anyways, at first I was gonna just go independent and form the Duchy of Baden, but then the opportunity to plot fabricate a claim on my liege, the Duke of Alemannia came up and I took it. Cue brutal civil war. I defeat his army in the field but he hires mercenaries to regain the advantage. I hire my own mercenaries and defeat him again. Then disaster strikes, King Karloman (who outlived bigger bro) calls for realm peace! I quickly rush to my liege's capital, all I need to do is take it to get enough warscore. The clock is ticking, I order a brutal bloody assault, devastating my men. The assault is nearly completed when suddenly realm peace kicks in, White Peace! I'm outraged, I SWEAR it kicked in at least a week early!

I sit and I brood for five years, on the anniversary of the end of the first war, I declare my 2nd title claim war. This time my men easily drive him from the field and lay siege. He lacks the money for mercenaries, I do not. Karloman's Realm Peace is still on cooldown. Nothing can save him. However he wins one final battle against me. He dies, granting him the honor of dying Duke of Alemannia and not a lowly count. A few months later his grandson is brought before me in chains and I am named the new Duke. His grandson is thrown in the oubliette to rot and dies there. Left in charge is his great-granddaughter, just a small child. Not wishing to see her in control of 3 counties, I plot and revoke one, she fights, loses, and I revoke a second. No matter, she's worthless.

Fast forward almost a decade. I'm now King of Swabia, a titular breakaway kingdom formed in the aftermath of the balkanization of Karloman's crowns. Meanwhile I've spent twenty years desperately trying to produce a male heir. Eventually my desperation leads to open adultery and seduction of young women. I produce 3 legitimate children with my wives, and a number of bastards, probably close to 10. All are daughters.

The young great granddaughter of my old liege has finally come of age and she hates me. No matter, I shall put my new "Master Seducer" skills to the test and woo her as my ultimate conquest. Its successful, and I repeat the process several times, Veni Vidi Vici'ing each time. Eventually I succeed in my goal, she bears a child of my blood. It is a son! He will be the first and likely last bastard I ever acknowledge, though I do not plan to legitimize him immediately. However then providence occurs, my damnable chaste second wife (who the Pope refuses to let me divorce) dies. Grinning I propose to the great-grand daughter of my old liege and, despite stripping her titles in the past, to my amazement she accepts. I legitimize our child.

In time she will come to hate me again but it doesn't matter. I have my heir and my victory over the old man is complete. I have not only conquered his title, but now I have conquered his bloodline.

TL,DR: After two bitter wars I overthrew my old duke and eventually seduced his countess great granddaughter to sire my heir and marry me, obliterating his line.

[edit] The young feelings of lust and love I instilled wore off and she suddenly remembered how much she hated me. Eventually she finally blew it. She plotted to kill my spymaster and I tried to arrest her, causing her to rebel. Her army was quite obviously crushed and I got lucky and captured her immediately. She's now sitting under house arrest while I debate what to do about her.

I don't want to throw her in the oubliette just yet, as I don't want to lose too much control over my heir by landing him. Oddly enough unlike previous rebellions I can't revoke her last county because we've got a truce from the end of her revolt? That is weird (oh wait, is it because we're married?). Oh well, I'm almost 65 and probably don't have much longer to live, plus I'm pretty well liked between long-reign, prestige, and diplomacy. Maybe I'll just break this nonsense truce and strip her title anyways. Then throw her in the oubliette.

Oh I know! Maybe in the cell containing the bones of her father! I mean, I doubt anyone cleans those things out.

And thats nothing compared to what some people do. Still possibly the most evil I've been unless you count killing a couple children as part of a revenge plot because someone killed my child.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
For some reason, a few realms with my reformed enatic clans hellenism are ending up following agnatic open succession, which should not be available to them.

zebez
Apr 27, 2008
Only major DLC you don't want is the Sunset Invasion one.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

zebez posted:

Only major DLC you don't want is the Sunset Invasion one.

Would you say it took away your ability to feel human?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I keep antagonising the pope to make him my rival and then try to duel him, but he always chickens out. The caliph at least comes out to play when I do that to him.

Since Christians are basically non entities in my game, the Abassids are the biggest threat right now. They've been super stable all game and murdering Caliphs in honourable one on one combat doesn't seem to affect that.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can start destabilising their realm?

I once destabilized the Abbasids via a duel, but the thing was it came after I assassinated their current caliph and my involvement was discovered. This made me rival to his whole family and all, so I immediately challenged his son who inherited to a duel, as being rivals enabled that. (This was a while ago.) Because I was a badass from conquering TransoxianaSogdiana and the lands south of it by this point, I won easily, then deliberately killed him at the end, resulting in his half-brother taking over instead. They then faced multiple revolts and fragmented, making conquering the rest of what was left of their tributaries, the other people east of them, and some of their stuff as well much, much easier.

Basically, my advice is to kill more of them, and faster.

luxury handset posted:

old gods unlocks pagans, who are more conquery and war focused than the default catholic feudals you have in vanilla ck2

if you have the money, old gods and holy fury are good to add if you want to do a more tradition paradox-style map painting

A note, Holy Fury also unlocks pagans, but it doesn't unlock Zoroastrians or the 867 start date, which are Old Gods-only. Old Gods is still really good, but I feel that's worth pointing out.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 24, 2018

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

binge crotching posted:

Would you say it took away your ability to feel human?

Wtf do you even mean? No it did not?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

zebez posted:

Wtf do you even mean? No it did not?

Paradox Forums Nutter posted:

October 31st, 2012 is a day I will always remember. It was the day I became cynical, bitter, and distraught. You may call it an overreaction for me to feel this way simply because of the business practices of a single video game company, but let me explain what all of this means to me.

My life was thrown off balance and I never regained my footing after that day, because I lost my ability to respect. An essential part of being human is to feel respect for those who may or may not be deserving of it. But it is equally human to feel painful disillusionment when someone or something you respected turns out to be much less than you thought. But the level of betrayal I felt when Paradox announced their new DLC tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover. They tore away my ability to respect anything, and they tore away my ability to feel human.

Paradox Interactive was a company I respected, and their employees were people I looked up to. Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Victoria, and Hearts of Iron were all quality game series that combined historical accuracy with sandbox game worlds. These games may have been cartoony and humorous at times, but deep down they were always realistic and crafted with a level of detail and skill that won appreciation from gamers all across the internet. CK2 was their newest release, and the internet was in unanimous agreement that it was of unparallelled quality. Following it's long awaited release, Paradox began releasing quality DLC that raised the bar ever higher for Grand Strategy Games.

Then Sunset Invasion was announced. This was not just an announcement of DLC, it was announcement of Paradox Interactive's suicide. It was an expansion intended to completely disregard any historical accuracy, and instead shock the entire world with its lunacy. Paradox Interactive had gone off the deep end and raised the middle finger to everybody who stayed loyal to them. They had announced that they didn't care anymore, that they didn't care for their community, and they were going to go out of their way to sabotage everything they had spent years creating.

The pain I felt from this betrayal has destroyed me on an emotional level, and has deprived me of my primary source of entertainment. No longer can I play Grand Strategy games without remembering the day I ceased mattering to people I devoted myself to. Paradox had not just destroyed me or their company, they had destroyed the one force of stability in the world: Trust.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/casualisation-and-streamlining.647344/#post-14632431

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Man, Holy Fury has lots of little things to make playing as a woman more of a pain in the rear end than before. I got an intrigue decision to become celibate after a troublesome pregnancy. Cool, I've already got 6 kids, master seductress, and I'd really rather not die crapping out another little bastard so that's net gain for me. But apparently doing that deletes master seductress. I understand why but man it should really tell you beforehand especially because as a woman character losing 50 opinion with every character that matters is a bit of a problem.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

this post wasn't actually earnest, i feel like I should point that out

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

binge crotching posted:

One of the murder bloodlines has a description that claims to let you plot by yourself, but I haven't tested it yet.

e: Yep, HF.24113 has a 3000 month MTTH (can drop as low as 25.8 months with modifiers) to manually execute him yourself if you have the correct murder bloodline. The success of it has a pretty big modifier based upon how much more combat rating you have, in addition to the usual intrigue score.

A thing to bear in mind about this is that it's an event that has a chance to fire in addition to the normal plotting events. So it basically adds a second roll to your chances of killing someone, raising the overall speed of plots.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Couple of quick questions, currently doing an Ireland/Mumu run to get the basics back in my head with Holy Fury:

1) How do you get the bloodline ambition to be available? I think I've only even seen it as an option on one ruler this game, and it's like 1350 at this point.

2) I'm embarrassed to say how many hours I've played this game before realizing when you have the option to lock someone up, you can see why on their character sheet (stabbing, plotting a claim, etc). But now and then I've had a few people come up with the 'can be imprisoned' notification, and there's nothing showing as to why. Am I missing the reason elsewhere?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Gobblecoque posted:

Man, Holy Fury has lots of little things to make playing as a woman more of a pain in the rear end than before. I got an intrigue decision to become celibate after a troublesome pregnancy. Cool, I've already got 6 kids, master seductress, and I'd really rather not die crapping out another little bastard so that's net gain for me. But apparently doing that deletes master seductress. I understand why but man it should really tell you beforehand especially because as a woman character losing 50 opinion with every character that matters is a bit of a problem.
The month of needing a regent towards the end of a pregnancy will also trash your levies for a year or so if you have good personal martial skill.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wolfechu posted:

Couple of quick questions, currently doing an Ireland/Mumu run to get the basics back in my head with Holy Fury:

1) How do you get the bloodline ambition to be available? I think I've only even seen it as an option on one ruler this game, and it's like 1350 at this point.

2) I'm embarrassed to say how many hours I've played this game before realizing when you have the option to lock someone up, you can see why on their character sheet (stabbing, plotting a claim, etc). But now and then I've had a few people come up with the 'can be imprisoned' notification, and there's nothing showing as to why. Am I missing the reason elsewhere?

1) You need to have at least 5000 personal prestige. I don't think there's any requirement beyond that (I think you're also blocked if the character already has an ambition bloodline on them, even if they didn't create it themselves, but I'm not 100% on that).

2) Some of the reasons aren't immediately obvious - if they're discovered BACKING a plot it won't show on their main character page but it will show in the list of discovered plots on your intrigue page. This will still render them eligible for arrest.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Animal kingdoms are all well and good, but has anyone had a random world with the skeletons or the Stellaris robots yet?

My current game I've been stalling on becoming king because I want to be able to look back on the history tab and see when I was just a duke and not a full king, so I've just been burning through prestige upgrading my tribe. I got the option to declare an ambition, and I chose a new one I've never seen before: Improve moral authority - do three of the following, build a temple, win a holy war, convert a province, yadda yadda. Seems neat.

I thought I'd have an easy target for a holy war, half of Britain has been tied up in a viking invasion (from Brittany, oddly enough) for a while now, most of England is occupied, and the war has been sitting at 99% for the invader for a while now. I figured I'd see what was taking so long, and the invader is caught up in another war where some Sverker guy is 60% of the way through an invasion of Britanny. Probably something about having all his men tied up in England. Very annoying to me, because that means I don't have a holy war target.

I kinda wish I hadn't destroyed a couple churches on raids, but maybe they shouldn't be keeping all that money in churches in the first place. I've been leaving a couple fraticelli provinces around to with the idea of maybe converting later to have a vassal pope, but now I may have to clean up just to keep christianity alive.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

The Cheshire Cat posted:

1) You need to have at least 5000 personal prestige. I don't think there's any requirement beyond that (I think you're also blocked if the character already has an ambition bloodline on them, even if they didn't create it themselves, but I'm not 100% on that).

2) Some of the reasons aren't immediately obvious - if they're discovered BACKING a plot it won't show on their main character page but it will show in the list of discovered plots on your intrigue page. This will still render them eligible for arrest.

Thanks - I'll have to check when I get home, but I know my current guy is at over 7000 prestige, because I'm trying to nudge it up to 8000 to form an empire. It's likely the existing ambition bloodline then, as there's been one in the family for centuries at this point.

2) I've seen cases like that, where it's someone backing a plot, but generally you can right click on their portrait and say 'stop backing plot' instead of 'end plot' and it'll sort itself out. I'll have to see if I get one of these specifically again. I know there was at least one where I had maybe a 1-2% chance to imprison, didn't want to deal with a rebellion at the time, and couldn't ask them to stop because it wasn't clear what they did wrong.

That guy, of course, got stabbed to death, which also clears the 'can imprison' alert.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

Animal kingdoms are all well and good, but has anyone had a random world with the skeletons or the Stellaris robots yet?

The skeletons screenshot was a mod gone weird, the Synthetic Dawn easter egg is EU4, not CK2....at least, for the moment. I'm sure someone's working on that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Spaseman posted:

Killing a child or baby really should have a negative modifier of its own.

Which is a sentence I will probably never need to write again.

It does, mostly. If you execute a child you get a -10 malus.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Jedit posted:

It does, mostly. If you execute a child you get a -10 malus.

Does that apply to being discovered after a murder plot concludes?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Is it worth picking up this game on the steam sale to someone new to the genre? I love boardgames and the only other game I've played even close to like this is Civ.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Wolfechu posted:

Thanks - I'll have to check when I get home, but I know my current guy is at over 7000 prestige, because I'm trying to nudge it up to 8000 to form an empire. It's likely the existing ambition bloodline then, as there's been one in the family for centuries at this point.

2) I've seen cases like that, where it's someone backing a plot, but generally you can right click on their portrait and say 'stop backing plot' instead of 'end plot' and it'll sort itself out. I'll have to see if I get one of these specifically again. I know there was at least one where I had maybe a 1-2% chance to imprison, didn't want to deal with a rebellion at the time, and couldn't ask them to stop because it wasn't clear what they did wrong.

That guy, of course, got stabbed to death, which also clears the 'can imprison' alert.

Another common thing that leads to imprisonment justifications that isn't immediately obvious on the character sheet is if they were caught cuckolding you. Check your opinion of the courtier, a number of big opinion maluses go along with imprisonment justifications.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Galaga Galaxian posted:

And thats nothing compared to what some people do. Still possibly the most evil I've been unless you count killing a couple children as part of a revenge plot because someone killed my child.

Man, the most Crusader King I've got was seducing my daughter-in-law so that my chaste gay son would have an heir.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

moush posted:

Is it worth picking up this game on the steam sale to someone new to the genre? I love boardgames and the only other game I've played even close to like this is Civ.

this game owns hard enough that people are still excited about it seven years after it was released. it's unique and amazing. imo it's worth a ten dollar gamble to see if it clicks for you or not

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

1) Looking at the code, you're correct - if you already have a forged bloodline on that character then you cannot take the ambition again. Also, you can take the ambition with 2500 prestige if you're am Ambitious, Quick, Genius, Wilful, or Proud...child.

2) As far as I know, every valid imprisonment reason will show up as an opinion you have of them (that is, the second of the two boxes near your picture on their character sheet, if you're their liege). If one is not immediately obvious, check there.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

moush posted:

I would say yes, because that's what I did and I loving love the game, even though the only strategy games I've played before are Age of Mythology/Empires. It's not too expensive just to pick up and play around with to see if you like it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

My gay wife kept giving me daughters until I enforced her claim to become queen of Northumbria. Then she had a son and took all the kids with her so I couldn't use the daughters for alliances and dynasty spreading OR control my son's future marriage.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Time to put another claimant on that throne then. :v:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

moush posted:

It’s fun, though I’d compare it more to RPGs than board games. There are a lot of random elements that will screw with you, but it can be really fun to do badly in his game. Getting imprisoned for decades by your rival sucks, but it makes it feel oh so sweet to get revenge on his family once you get out. I’ve never been able to get hooked on Civ but that role play element is what caught me with this game.

That said, I actually quite like the mechanics of war, as straightforward as they are.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

moush posted:

Go for it. I think it's one of the best options for someone new to the genre. Like you I had only played Civ, but tried to get in to Hearts of Iron and EU and a few other Paradox grand strategy games. They always ended up sounding cooler than they were to actually play, probably because there are a ton of mechanics to master all on a huge scale that all seem equally important. CK does have that high end complexity when you want to get into it, but it also lets the player scale up their involvement starting from the bottom. You start off solving problems you can get your head around like - "I need a wife that doesn't want to kill me", "What kind of literate non idiots can I get together to help run my country".

Watch a little bit of youtube and start in Ireland or do the in game tutorial. Don't worry if you feel like you don't know what the hell you are doing, most medieval rulers didn't know poo poo either. Just blunder through doing whatever you want, don't worry about making mistakes.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

The game's also super helpful with tooltips and the like. I have never known a company like Paradox for putting extra information just about anywhere you mouse over.

Now, finding the exact bit of information you want is gonna take practice, but it's all there somewhere.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

CommissarMega posted:

Man, the most Crusader King I've got was seducing my daughter-in-law so that my chaste gay son would have an heir.

In one of our early multiplayer games, I hosed up badly and wound up with one or two counties in northern Italy. I had three sons, two of whom were already engaged or married, when I noticed that the elderly king of Germany had a single daughter as his sole heir, and his wife was also elderly. "A-ha!" I said. "A plan forms. I'll marry my youngest son to his daughter, and change my own succession law to Ultimogeniture, and after a generation, I'll bounce back from my earlier dumbassery and be ruler over the kingdom of the Germans!" My plan, of course, hinged quite heavily upon the King dying before his wife. Obviously, this didn't happen, and she died shortly after the marriage. The AI more or less immediately married a nubile 16 year old, potentially destroying all of my hard work. The poor young lady simply had to die.

...........................................long story short, I murdered 8 successive Queens of Germany.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm currently in the middle of a Pope murder spree because I'm trying to get a satanist Pope so I can diplomatically vassalize them. And I've managed to get TWO satanists into the position only for them to either immediately loving die, or get involved in a decade long Jihad and croak before ever being at peace.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Kemper Boyd posted:

In my Byz game I noticed that Basileios' dad is sitting around in court, with bad stats and no usefulness, cramping my style. So I sold off my dad to China.

The Makedon start? I married him to the Queen of Italy once. They had one kid and then an epidemic killed her and then kid, so I inherited Italy. Loved that old dude since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

I will say, the antagonise button is amazing. For about a century now, my Irish rulers have been making GBS threads on a chain of English kings, just to kill time between truces expiring.

Most of them have been pretty stoic about it, but the current guy gets super pissed off, and half the time challenges me to a duel. His PCS is negative, so he either gets knocked on his rear end or adds another scar to his collection. I was kinda hoping I'd end up goading him into breaking the truce, but this is just as much fun.