Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

this is silly. Brexit isn’t good for the uk or the Eu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Pissflaps posted:

this is silly. Brexit isn’t good for the uk or the Eu

still makes me laff

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Poor 18th century Great Britain...

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/eucopresident/status/1066625821161517056

https://twitter.com/JamesERothwell/...ingawful.com%2F

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I’d like some more clarity from Labour on what their plan is if they’re successful in preventing this deal going through because if it’s this deal or no deal then I’d rather they voted it through, but if there’s a plausible way of preventing Brexit by voting it down then that’s ok.

Pissflaps has issued a correction as of 14:49 on Nov 25, 2018

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

I’d like some more clarify from Labour on what their plan is if they’re successful in preventing this deal going through because if it’s this deal or no deal then I’d rather they voted it through, but if there’s a plausible way of preventing Brexit by voting it down then that’s ok.

Well the EU themselves now appear to be adding to the confusion. They are saying this is the only option now but next week they'll be hinting that calling brexit off would be totally ok with them *thumbs up*. I have no idea if we can cancel brexit before March and I doubt the fuckwits in Parliament do either.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
the EU have said this is the only Brexit deal, but they’ve always been clear that if the uk chose it could cancel Brexit

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Saying this is the only deal also kills off the idea of lexit

More probably though they're just loving sick of brexit and want it over with

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
‘lexit’ isn’t some quality of the Brexit process that’s within the EU’s power to offer - it’s an ambition based on the ‘opportunities’ that Brexit provides

it’s also horseshit

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I agree

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/...ingawful.com%2F

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Plz change thread title accordingly.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
there will be adequate death and chaos

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
you know it's hosed up when the brits die unorderly

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Anarchy in the UK

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Kurtofan posted:

there will be adequate death and chaos

Sold.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

:thejoke:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol duh tho??

its so stupid that I'm laffing through to the other side

brexit!!!!!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

imagine caring about a future where michael gove survives

:barf:

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

This seems like a terrible, disappointing outcome for everyone, in true Theresa May style. Why did this matter so much to her again?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Quicksilver6 posted:

This seems like a terrible, disappointing outcome for everyone, in true Theresa May style. Why did this matter so much to her again?

Terrible how? Sure it’s bad because Brexit is bad and this is Brexit.

But if you accept we’re leaving the EU I don’t see how this could be much improved. This is what a soft Brexit looks like.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pissflaps posted:

But if you accept we’re leaving the EU I don’t see how this could be much improved. This is what a soft Brexit looks like.

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Well the improved version would be one that accepts freedom of movement, ie Norway. Which would be less good than staying in the EU, but better than Mays deal.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
that would be better yes but this deal is about keeping the lights on and the trucks crossing the channel and the food better than adequate for a few years

I’d want to see freedom of movement assured in the actual trade deal

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Pissflaps posted:

Well, no, soft Brexit looks a lot like Norway. This is "kill free movement at all costs" Brexit.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

tarbrush posted:

Well, no, soft Brexit looks a lot like Norway. This is "kill free movement at all costs" Brexit.

Wasn't that advertised as one of the main features of Brexit during the campaign? That it would stop migration from the EU (by eliminating freedom of movement)?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

tarbrush posted:

this literally describes Brexit

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

it's going to own when the hard brexiteers blame whatever difficulties occur as a result of soft brexit on not brexitting hard enough

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

it's going to own when the hard brexiteers blame whatever difficulties occur as a result of soft brexit on not brexitting hard enough

new referendum for hard brexit when

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Brexit can never fail, it can only be failed

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I have a feeling most brexiteers won't actually make the connection between their life getting even shittier and brexit. Country is falling apart before brexit has even happened but it couldn't possibly be because they keep voting for the tories.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Why did they leave out the Irish cross, to separately troll the DUP?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

how does brexit even benefit the people that created brexit, aside from their imminent emigration to russia or saudi arabia?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

how does brexit even benefit the people that created brexit, aside from their imminent emigration to russia or saudi arabia?

It was a decent way to get votes before people actually voted for brexit.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

When the economy takes a dive the Tories will have a great excuse to sell stuff off for quick cash. So if you're rich, Brexit will be a great chance to, for example, buy some roads and turn them into toll roads.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Well, for a chunk of the people funding the various Brexit groups, it furthers their goal of disrupting the West so that they can avenge the fall of the Soviet Union (and also make shitloads of money).

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

They want to do Russia post-USSR to the UK.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Gripweed posted:

When the economy takes a dive the Tories will have a great excuse to sell stuff off for quick cash. So if you're rich, Brexit will be a great chance to, for example, buy some roads and turn them into toll roads.

I doubt you can make money off people from toll roads if they don't even have fuel for their cars. Which could be because hard border causes a massive fuel shortage, or because everyone's so poor they can't afford the car anymore, or both.

In any case, making money out of this will depend hard on people still having money to spend and the new owners not getting lynched for extortionist practices.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Dance Officer posted:

I doubt you can make money off people from toll roads if they don't even have fuel for their cars. Which could be because hard border causes a massive fuel shortage, or because everyone's so poor they can't afford the car anymore, or both.

It may surprise you to learn that conservative privatizers are short-sighted loving morons who don't think beyond the next financial quarter if that far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol she refused to debate him during the 2017 election

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1066817630064058368