Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
AND I WILL SEE BILL SHORTEN AT SUMMERSLAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
NoMo ScoMo

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

AND I WILL SEE BILL SHORTEN AT SUMMERSLAM

BY GOD THAT'S *checks notes* MUSIC!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Vince Kroger with Stone Cold Dan Andrews pointing a gun at his head but instead of a bullet it unfurls a little flag with 52:24 on it (so far)

E: also this is how you lose in a nutshell

What we stand for

Literally nothing

JBP fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 26, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
SoCiAlLy PrOgReSsIvE eCoNoMiCaLlY cOnSeRvAtIvE

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yeah there was an opinion piece in the Guardian from one of these today. If you and others are genuinely embarrassed to vote Liberal, just loving stop doing it and let it die. It's a wingnut party.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Solemn Sloth posted:

It was all good up until that point, she's an otherwise a very accomplished independant

https://twitter.com/ellinghausen/status/1066912144824778754

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Solemn Sloth posted:

The problems are bad but their causes? Very good!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
https://twitter.com/J_C_Campbell/status/1066915666668609536

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

video not work

e: I opened it in explorer and it played lol

JBP fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 26, 2018

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

JBP posted:

video not work

:shrug: I'm not having any issues with it?

e: Either way, it's a video of Kroger eating poo poo for a minute selling Labor policy and explaining it was just a lot better than the Liberals and that's why they lost, so please don't fire him.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Nov 26, 2018

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

That's some great trolling by Labor.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Works here. Embedded Twitter videos can be dodgy though.

What's the context for those quotes? At first I thought it was going to be taking a bunch of his previous criticisms out of context but it seems like he is genuinely saying Labor did a bunch of good poo poo.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Senor Tron posted:

Works here. Embedded Twitter videos can be dodgy though.

What's the context for those quotes? At first I thought it was going to be taking a bunch of his previous criticisms out of context but it seems like he is genuinely saying Labor did a bunch of good poo poo.

Like a lot of the right wing talking heads and nutcases he lives in a warped reality where those objectively good things he just listed one after another are somehow bad (because they don’t involve digging up and burning coal or making rich people richer)

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Eat poo poo mark.

https://twitter.com/oz_f/status/1066922840455208960

im alan jones
Feb 1, 2009

the muhammad ali of radio

these past few days have owned so much

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hey Latham :dunkedon:

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Day one in the Soviet Republic of Victoriastan

African gang members spotted defenestrating bankers off of CFMEU construction sites

Government issued red shirts mandatory as public dress

Anti-vaxxers drafted to dig a canal from fitzroy to Darwin to allow the boats to come direct from Indonesia

Lobster consumption attracts instant incarceration inside the city loop gulag

All is well

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Day one in the Soviet Republic of Victoriastan

African gang members spotted defenestrating bankers off of CFMEU construction sites

Government issued red shirts mandatory as public dress

Anti-vaxxers drafted to dig a canal from fitzroy to Darwin to allow the boats to come direct from Indonesia

Lobster consumption attracts instant incarceration inside the city loop gulag

All is well

You forgot to mention the free luxury eight track fully automated train system to and from every individual's residence and workplace

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Meanwhile in The Queensland Confederacy...

Flouride is a myth
Newman is life
Hail Transurban

Please sire spare some Campbell Coins.
The punishment for homelessness is

Death.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Anidav posted:

Meanwhile in The Queensland Confederacy...

Flouride is a myth
Newman is life
Hail Transurban

Please sire spare some Campbell Coins.
The punishment for homelessness is

Death.

Meanwhile in WA,

- Train Operation has become part of mandatory Year 10 curriculum, as the number of operational carriages begins to surpass the number of unemployed people in the state,
- Every house has a lithium ion battery supply chain in their back shed (most are converted meth labs, from back when the Liberals were in power)
- The Kwinana Fwy now as 86 lanes between North and Southbound sides. The Mitchell FWY still has 4 a side, because gently caress those rich northern scabs
- The number of small bars opening per month has now risen to 230. Urban planners predict that prospective proprietors are going to need to start looking into opening new establishments within existing small bars, a kind of "barception"
- The coffee is still garbage.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Don Dongington posted:

- The coffee is still garbage.

Go to Beaufort St. Locate a florist which I can't recall the name of, it's in Highgate though. If there is still a French man running a small machine inside the florist with no fanfare, you have found the only coffee in Perth.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
What are you talking about, Perth coffee is great!

I mean, I make my own because gently caress paying $4 for a coffee I can make for 50 cents, but the coffee is fine.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

froglet posted:

I mean, I make my own because gently caress paying $4 for a coffee I can make for 50 cents, but the coffee is fine.

Wow the WA recession must really be biting deep I remember them trying to extract $5 from me for a coffee in 2013.

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."

Solemn Sloth posted:

She is pretty poo poo but her election was such an own to the Libs that it was worth it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

froglet posted:

Pretty sure that they are talking about maccas and chain store coffee.

Most cafes will have a decent cup, and those that dont find out very quickly, because people stop going there, because there are so many choices for good coffee now.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

Wow the WA recession must really be biting deep I remember them trying to extract $5 from me for a coffee in 2013.

Mine still costs me $5.30. $4 might be a thing in the CBD, but not Crawley.

Also the difference between Perth and Melbourne or Brisbane is that if you know where to go - and often this involves going to places that aren't even coffee shops - you can get a reasonable cup of coffee. Nothing like the Melbourne average, but it's okay.

In Melbourne and Brisbane, you have to actually seek out bad coffee. Like, go to Maccas, or a chain, maybe a restaurant who are too cheap to put on a barista, so a waiter makes your coffee and that only people over 60 frequent. All of the little dedicated cafes I've been to in both cities, also suburbs, and even FNQ, sold much better coffee than the average cup here. I was in Melbourne in October, even the lovely hotel cafe made better coffee than my favourite places here.

The idea that you should actually have to go out of your way to not end up with a $5 cup of burnt assholes is so loving Perth.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

The trick is to stare directly at the person serving at the till and say “50 degrees please” and if they still gently caress it up, go somewhere else next time.

The main reason why they burn it is because The Old People complain if it doesn’t scorch away the remainder of their tastebuds and demand their money back because modern australia is ruled by entitled boomers.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Les Affaires posted:

The main reason why they burn it is because The Old People complain if it doesn’t scorch away the remainder of their tastebuds and demand their money back because modern australia is ruled by entitled boomers.
This is so true. If you don’t butcher a good coffee into something resembling Moccona the fuckers just start bitching about “young people”

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
See also: anything with beef in it that costs under $40

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Les Affaires posted:

The trick is to stare directly at the person serving at the till and say “50 degrees please” and if they still gently caress it up, go somewhere else next time.

My mother has always ordered a hot latte meaning 50 degrees because she seems to have the opposite problem of cafes bringing out luke warm coffee sometimes. I just wear it on the odd occasion I get a cool one because I don't want to be the specific degrees dude.

Don Dongington posted:

See also: anything with beef in it that costs under $40

I watched these two people arguing with waitstaff on Saturday night that they wanted their steaks well done and the poor old waiter was really emphatic that a medium would be way more than the meat needed, but she eventually relented in the face of fearful boomers.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Les Affaires posted:

If you need to tell the Barista this, the coffee is going to suck anyway.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
i still shudder with horror when I recall some of the attempts at coffee i was served in the uk a few years back.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Congrats to all of you for perfectly fulfilling that stereotype of the left.

im alan jones
Feb 1, 2009

the muhammad ali of radio

https://twitter.com/OverlandJournal/status/1066908830347317248

proclick

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

JBP posted:

I watched these two people arguing with waitstaff on Saturday night that they wanted their steaks well done and the poor old waiter was really emphatic that a medium would be way more than the meat needed, but she eventually relented in the face of fearful boomers.
Those 70’s vertical grills have a lot to answer for. Don’t forget the inability to fathom a vegetable on a plate that has hasn’t been boiled to translucence either.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hooman posted:

People like coffee. News at 11

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

hooman posted:

My latte must be made with free trade beans, ground and blended in store by a guy with an immaculately trimmed beard and a man bun, and decorated with a perfectly symmetrical love heart or fern leaf art in the foam.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Greens need to move left to succeed says VicSoc activist :sludgepal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Graic Gabtar posted:

Those 70’s vertical grills have a lot to answer for. Don’t forget the inability to fathom a vegetable on a plate that has hasn’t been boiled to translucence either.

"Blanch? She was a golden girl wasn't she?"