Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
man that is the least energetic performance i've ever seen. the vocalist looks like he's just mocking a live performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

a short interlude to the posting of Ghost pictures:

here's a nice oglaf strip

also, BOLT THROWER

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the goblin dude is basically the dancing guy from the mighty mighty bosstones

I can't tell if you are disrespecting John Goblikon or not but Nekrogoblikon loving owns :getin:

A dude on a Discord server I hang out in just linked me this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I0RQ-8xzl0

Fenrir posted:

Of course you still can't figure out a goddamn word Karl says without a lyric sheet.

On the Nile forums they used to call it "Karl's zombie thing".

Apparently the upcoming album has like a 12 minute song on it. Nile. :black101:

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

*listens*

quote:

KAFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRR!!!!

dammit what's he sayin

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

At the Gates + Unleashed + Memoriam

I am going to die right then and there

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Mr. Pickles posted:

here's a nice oglaf strip

Worksafe Oglaf, frequently best Oglaf.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Hot drat, the new live Amon Amarth album rules.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Still waiting for my collectors edition to arrive from Germany, can't wait!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Maybe it’s the weather but the new Windhand album is exactly what the doctor ordered. It is slowly making its way into my top 5 albums of the year. Music to Seasonal Depression to.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I just came home from one hell of a tech/brutal death metal show.

Cytotoxin, Benighted, Cryptopsy and Aborted is the type of lineup that doesn't happen very often, but when it does :stare: And on a goddamn Wednesday FFS.

So worth the hangover tomorrow.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

very stable genius posted:

Maybe it’s the weather but the new Windhand album is exactly what the doctor ordered. It is slowly making its way into my top 5 albums of the year. Music to Seasonal Depression to.

Windhand became my favorite doom band because they’re so weirdly comforting. I first got really into them on a car trip where I hadn’t slept much the night before. I blasted them and drifted off to sleep, waking up every once in a while. Ever since they’ve been a very grounding band for me. Melancholy and heavy but in a relaxing way depending on my mood.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I put on a doom gig back years ago and managed to catch a nap by the sound desk through one of the sets. Not sure how to something that loud but yeah, strangely comforting.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Their music may have gotten repetitive over the years but Hegg's vocals just get better over time. God drat he sounds so good.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

EL BROMANCE posted:

I put on a doom gig back years ago and managed to catch a nap by the sound desk through one of the sets. Not sure how to something that loud but yeah, strangely comforting.

This is my go-to for strangely comforting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyE4aMxsd6c

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

I know contemporary doom bands tend to be boring but this is ridiculous!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

There’s nothing like harsh noise for a good nap

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Snowy posted:

There’s nothing like harsh noise for a good nap

I don't get all the internet guys who want to sleep to harsh noise, seems weird to me

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

A human heart posted:

I don't get all the internet guys who want to sleep to harsh noise, seems weird to me

It’s really no different from using a white noise machine made for sleeping.

Are there really a lot of internet guys sleeping to noise? I had no idea that was a thing but I guess I’m not surprised since it always worked for me.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Snowy posted:

It’s really no different from using a white noise machine made for sleeping.

Are there really a lot of internet guys sleeping to noise? I had no idea that was a thing but I guess I’m not surprised since it always worked for me.

There's a bunch of guys on like rym or whatever who seem to like it, but I don't really get it because harsh noise doesn't have the same relaxing quality that you would get from a white noise machine(and obv it's not supposed to be relaxing).

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’ve just had some amazing sleep to stuff like Macronympha. Turn down the volume a little and sleep like a baby.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

A human heart posted:

There's a bunch of guys on like rym or whatever who seem to like it, but I don't really get it because harsh noise doesn't have the same relaxing quality that you would get from a white noise machine(and obv it's not supposed to be relaxing).

I could fall asleep to Bell Witch or Sunn O)))) but I can't promise I won't have nightmares

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

TBH I got pretty sleepy during Mournful Congregation playing at the end of Migration Fest this year, they were still very good but I was really tired of standing

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I've drifted off to sleep listening to all kinds of metal.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Filosofem helped me fall asleep a ton during high school.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I fell asleep at a Neurosis show.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Snowy posted:

I’ve just had some amazing sleep to stuff like Macronympha. Turn down the volume a little and sleep like a baby.

Don't do that to my good friends Macronympha! Only loud is real!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Crimfall just disbanded. :(

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
New Corpsessed is out. I'm just a few songs in but I'm really digging it.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

New Obliteration is out and streaming on spotify, haven't jammed yet but I'm hearing great things.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Nazzadan posted:

New Obliteration is out and streaming on spotify, haven't jammed yet but I'm hearing great things.

What I've listened to so far has been pretty drat good.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

very stable genius posted:

I fell asleep at a Neurosis show.

I fell asleep at Rush's R30.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Eat The Rich posted:

I fell asleep at Rush's R30.

At their age they may have done the same.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Couple more good releases from yesterday. New Spearhead, really good Irish blackened death band and new Corpsefucking Art a very fun Italian brutal death band who penned this eternal jam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_Pfqgqa7_A

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
that's definitely the sandwich form of opeth's music

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Only one release on my radar today. New Valkyrja, a very generic Swedish bm band featuring members of the vastly superior Ondskapt. This new album is actually pretty great though, much better than their previous work and sounds to me like Watain if they were better.
Tomorrow is loving stacked though: Whoredome Rife(fun BM band who put out a super good 2017 release), Monolith Deathcult(great weird DM), Blasphemer(classic DM band releasing new material) and Cantique lépreux (Forteresse side project)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I've grown to like recent Opeth stuff - it's not that bad, the last album that is.

But it's a shame the direction they turned to when Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree started producing then got rid of Peter Lindgren and Martin Lopez.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Vintersorg posted:

I've grown to like recent Opeth stuff - it's not that bad, the last album that is.

But it's a shame the direction they turned to when Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree started producing then got rid of Peter Lindgren and Martin Lopez.
Martin Lopez is a great drummer, but in the context of Opeth he was a weird drug addict who kept dissociating and wandering the streets half a mile from the venue ten minutes before a show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Nazzadan posted:

Tomorrow is loving stacked though: Whoredome Rife(fun BM band who put out a super good 2017 release)

Oh sweet, that album was awesome