Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So I just tanked The Vault as DRK in Squadron.

Man, the squadron mates are slow as hell at doing DPS checks. Four fireballs exploded during his big attack. :argh:

also why does he do so much damage

Managed to do it in one shot, though.

Get two archers at max offense level and they will do stupid amounts of damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I know it's a bit early, but please consider using this TVIV tag for the future 5.0 thread:

Gearhead posted:

Were I to take a wild guess on this: Zodiark, by all logic, is a PART of Hydaelyn that was ejected. Thus, without him Hydaelyn is incomplete and, perhaps, bleeding. He is no longer a part of her, so she cannot simply allow him back in. It would be like trying to combine matter and antimatter Or trying to force to magnets together. But if the differences between the two of them could be, somehow, equalized, perhaps a proper recombination would be possible. Most of the Ascians, while trying to bring Zodiark back, are Zodiark fanboys who want him to not merely reintegrate but 'win' which would logically be just as bad as the current situation, if not worse.

Of course.. this also begs a new question: How did Hydaelyn wind up in this state to begin with?

The first Calamity, maybe?

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 26, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Xyven posted:

Get two archers at max offense level and they will do stupid amounts of damage

Even after the Engage nerf?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Are squadron dungeons worth it for levelling past 50 now?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kaubocks posted:

think i blew a newbie’s mind today

wife wanted to see the bard macro player i had so i hopped onto my alt and fired it up. immediately as i launched into a stunning rendition of the mii channel theme a lala says “omg” and starts clapping and dancing. once i stop it they ask if there’s any way to give me gil as a trial player. i laughed and said not to worry about it and kicked into a couple more songs as they sat down and tried to guess what they were. when i was done i gave them a hug and a wave and told them to have fun out in the world before teleporting away~

I saw someone in Gridania playing the FF6 boss theme on their harp. They had a small crowd watching them. It was cool.

Renegret posted:

Usually what ends up happening is that everybody who can raise doesn't, because they think someone else is going to do it and they don't want to waste their resources.

After a few seconds of no raises, all of them decide at the same time that nobody else is going to do it, and the dead person eats 3 raises at the same time.

Yeah, I was thinking that this is one of the reasons it would be really helpful to do raids in voice chat for this game. Would also make it much easier to coordinate the various mechanics that require coordination between players.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 26, 2018

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

How do you do, my fellow Samurai

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So I just tanked The Vault as DRK in Squadron.

Man, the squadron mates are slow as hell at doing DPS checks. Four fireballs exploded during his big attack. :argh:

also why does he do so much damage

Managed to do it in one shot, though.

Pharos Sirius and Copperbell Hard are two walls I've hit in command missions. The Zu is a huge pain with a squad and I haven't been able to clear the first boss in Copperbell at all before the bridge catches fire and the bombs wipe me.

Aurum Vale, on the other hand was... :mmmhmm: piss easy :mmmhmm: with a squad, I found.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Leofish posted:

Pharos Sirius and Copperbell Hard are two walls I've hit in command missions. The Zu is a huge pain with a squad and I haven't been able to clear the first boss in Copperbell at all before the bridge catches fire and the bombs wipe me.

Aurum Vale, on the other hand was... :mmmhmm: piss easy :mmmhmm: with a squad, I found.

Tonberry King was also pretty bad with a squad and I wish I could give them more precise orders.

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Even after the Engage nerf?

It's slower than before but they still get +50% damage from max offense

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Leofish posted:

I've cleared all of the Squadron dungeons so far.

Except for Wanderer's Palace Hard. I'm inclined to believe that dungeon wasn't play-tested for Squadron at all because :suicide:

Xyven posted:

It's slower than before but they still get +50% damage from max offense

Good to know.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Zu in Pharos Sirius was definitely the most obnoxious squadron boss because no matter what role you play you will be targeted by 100% of the mechanics, the heal/tank can't keep up with keeping you alive for long, and the dps can't kill Zu fast enough to skip. Bring potions, basically.

Mad Science
Jul 23, 2013
Hey Aether goons! My static has found itself down a member and we are looking for a melee dps (drg, mnk, or possibly sam) to join us. Brd is also a possibility, as our current bard is willing to go melee if need be, but he’d prefer not to switch unless necessary. We’re currently at the tail end of M+F prog and looking for someone who at least has 11s cleared. Our raid days are very flexible, usually starting at 9pm est on weekdays with more flexibility on weekends. Feel free to toss me a message on discord if interested: thirteen#7519

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

My general rule for full party non-static stuff on red mage is I'll beeline for raising a healer, or a tank if there's a swap coming up. Otherwise my DPS buddies can wait for a healer to fit them in.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
That feeling when you're the only one who doesn't die to the first mortal ray on the first boss of Qarn.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Cythereal posted:

That feeling when you're the only one who doesn't die to the first mortal ray on the first boss of Qarn.

my favorite quarnism is when the dps doesnt kill the bee adds and the tank stuns one but still gets final stung to death

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

CYBEReris posted:

my favorite quarnism is when the dps doesnt kill the bee adds and the tank stuns one but still gets final stung to death

Mine is having to kill the faces over and over because they're juuuuuuust off of the platform when the DPS manages to kill them.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Qarn is a bullshit nexus, I've probably had more bad, rude, or just wildly misguided players in there than the rest of the dungeons put together

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I've probably had less trouble overall with normal Qarn than with the Emperatriz in hard Qarn. Usually people just blank on the cactuar paladin the first time around.

I still love that fight for introducing, well, a cactuar paladin.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Aithon posted:

I've probably had less trouble overall with normal Qarn than with the Emperatriz in hard Qarn. Usually people just blank on the cactuar paladin the first time around.

I suddenly regret skipping this dungeon.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Aithon posted:

Sabotender beast tribe when, SE?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cabbit posted:

I suddenly regret skipping this dungeon.

Hardqarn isn't the best ARR dungeon but it's still pretty good all told, and each of the bosses will gently caress you up unless you pay at least a tiny bit of attention to what's going on. Plus it drops tiny mummy minions.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The final boss is cool (unless you play BLM), but also kind of a prototype of all the weird bullet hell bosses they've added since.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
stone vigil hard is the best ARR dungeon

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Kaubocks posted:

sole survivor is such a baller move god i love drk

Not enough love for this :krad: picture.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

Well that certainly sucks a bit. Hopefully it's not delayed too long.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Hm, I was wondering why mine was still marked as preorder.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Same, and I just put a ticket in. At least I already know what the reply will be now.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Wacky Delly posted:

What gloves are those?

Pagos Field Dressing, fortunately they're dirt cheap on the MB so you never have to step into the forbidden land.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Thundarr posted:

Zu in Pharos Sirius was definitely the most obnoxious squadron boss because no matter what role you play you will be targeted by 100% of the mechanics, the heal/tank can't keep up with keeping you alive for long, and the dps can't kill Zu fast enough to skip. Bring potions, basically.

Yeah, Pharos Sirius is the only squaddie dungeon I haven't finished solely because Zu is a lot more effort than needs be.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Spoiler for people not up to SB yet

Game that's mean.

(I forgot how good the writing around DRK is)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

BrightWing posted:

a dark knight needs a sword

maybe that's why i've started collecting them..........

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

BrightWing posted:

Game that's mean.

I like how the apparition of Sidurgu's master tells him he should stop being such a miserable edgelord.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

please do not disparage the good name of sidurgu, my great friend who enjoys the finer things in life like punching moogles; the furry shites

to be fair i probably like sidurgu more than most simply because i am also an au ra dude and quite frankly a family can be two dragon dads and their elf daughter

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Got one, thanks

Cory in the Blouse fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 27, 2018

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Do not seek forgiveness. It weighs as it should.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Karanas posted:

I like how the apparition of Sidurgu's master tells him he should stop being such a miserable edgelord.

Sidurgu already absorbed that lesson during the HW questline, give him a break :colbert:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kaubocks posted:

please do not disparage the good name of sidurgu, my great friend who enjoys the finer things in life like punching moogles; the furry shites

to be fair i probably like sidurgu more than most simply because i am also an au ra dude and quite frankly a family can be two dragon dads and their elf daughter

Sidurgu is Very Cool

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Cory in the Blouse posted:

Does this game have any kinda refer a friend system? I've been playing the trial and I'm gonna buy it on the steam sale. PM me

PM sent.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Ha don't get me wrong I love the guy, but I also love how everyone he comes across gives him poo poo for his attitude.

Also never stop punching moogles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

BrightWing posted:

Game that's mean.

Did you come back to him, afterward?