Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Share Le Claire is a better driver than Max Verstappen

I'm reserving that judgement until after he demolishes Max's points total next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

See even people with critical brain damage can take part

I prefer 'differently abled', thank you very much. :colbert:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When is Charles driving the sf71h?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/partners/oneplus/mclaren-announces-new-partnership-with-oneplus/

Zak can't stop signing sponsors

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I like the "Salute to Speed" title of their event thing there. It presents an image of a social event intended to show respect for a vague desirable concept which may exist somewhere out in the world but not in the building where the event is being hosted.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

As an iPhone haver, are OnePlus phones worth a poo poo?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Minto Took posted:

They were amazing value for money and were probably the first of the Chinese "flagship specs for budget price" phones available in the west.
They were "invite only" and a pain to get a hold of which meant they were also super popular and the hype train was out of control.

Their latest phones aren't anything super special iirc (Huawei's doing fancy poo poo that doesn't make any sense, Samsung has gone hard after build quality, etc. etc.) while their price point has gradually drifted higher.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i use a motorola g play, posts your phones ITT

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

A sony experia that cost like £150 because i have a functioning brain and refuse to waste money on pointless consumer objects.

I need that money for sim racing parts

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I have an iPhone X because I don't have a functioning brain and go out of my way to waste money on pointless consumer objects.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Minto Took posted:

I had the OnePlus 2 before an iPhone and they were really loving good value for money phones and I still use mine as a pseudo tablet. I really never had any complaints about the phone itself I just think Android is complete rear end.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

My old boss cracked me up because he would poo poo talk iPhones to anyone who'd listen, yet he was constantly rebooting his Android phone because something had crashed or frozen.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Kimoa Kid posted:

My old boss cracked me up because he would poo poo talk iPhones to anyone who'd listen, yet he was constantly rebooting his Android phone because something had crashed or frozen.

Mine never outright crashes but it did have a loving miserable time trying to hand off poo poo from one application to another and I’d guess there was maybe a 50% success rate of being able to open something like a PDF the first time without it throwing an error message or something up.

This would be tolerable if it weren’t for Google profiting vastly from my data and them also consistently making aspects of the user experience worse so you would buy into one of their various subscription services.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

i use a motorola g play, posts your phones ITT

A 256GB Space Gray iPhone X which UPS refused to leave on my porch whilst I was at work.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I have an iPhone SE that I conned some sucker out of for a ridiculously low price. It’s like the perfect size phone and I’m legit angry they don’t make anything this small anymore.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidpoocati posted:

I have an iPhone SE that I conned some sucker out of for a ridiculously low price. It’s like the perfect size phone and I’m legit angry they don’t make anything this small anymore.

lmao what kind of a dumb gay retard would sell an iPhone SE for cheap??

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I mean they'd have to be amongst the bottom 1% of brains in the world.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

LochNessMonster posted:

Don’t forget the man who turns a top tier car into a reliable midpack finisher, Bottas.

Why would Mercedes keep this guy around? If ferarri didn’t Ferrari themselves out of the WDC they would’ve taken WCC for sure.

I almost added him but then specifically left him out because he's a blatant high profile failure, where the others are generic interchangeable midpackers.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Personal or family convictions for tax fraud is a requirement for a superlicense isn't it?

Bernie definitely approved of the mom's "business".

Schlesische posted:

Having said that, there's precious few people in F1 who out and out don't deserve a drive. Even Sebastian "Fraudulent pissbaby supreme" Vettel deserves a seat. It's really only Stroll and even he has shown that he can drive an F1 car at F1 race speeds when given an F1 car and not a garbage fire on wheels.

Yeah, I can give Stroll that much credit at least. He's bad, but he wasn't a complete and utter fuckup all of the time.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Theophany posted:

I mean they'd have to be amongst the bottom 1% of brains in the world.

Would you say their brains are smooth?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Would you say their brains are smooth?

Smooth as a fastidiously seasoned cast iron skillet.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidpoocati posted:

This is so annoying because the bezel-less poo poo they're doing now is perfect for that form factor.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Get a used phone from like 2 years ago for cheap. Hell, a phone from like 5 years ago will get the job done if you're using it for phone/text/casual shitposting

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

If you're dumb enough to buy a $1000+ phone you're the feet of the ladder holding the whole broken system up.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's the computer I interact with most often, my entire life is on this thing. $1000 isn't that much.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

freeranger posted:

I sort of feel bad for Hartley.

He really was just a stop gap in the Redbull program. Wouldn't have even been on the radar for a drive if everyone else in the driver program wasn't terrible at the time.

He certainly wasn't Ide/Yoong levels of terrible.

I get the feeling from his interviews that Hartley was too nice for F1

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Hartley was too old for Markos tastes

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
charles lecker looks like the kid from that netflix show with the bald protagonist and mattew modine

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The Kimoa Kid posted:

It's the computer I interact with most often, my entire life is on this thing. $1000 isn't that much.
Is $1800 too much? 2k?
How far does this line of justification work? Does it just happen to be whatever price apple are asking?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

Is $1800 too much? 2k?
How far does this line of justification work? Does it just happen to be whatever price apple are asking?

Buy what you want if you can afford it. People pay tens of thousands for watches when a £10 Timex will do you just fine.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

lol if you don't alternate between wearing an entry level Seiko Automatic and a Casio F91w

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidpoocati posted:

lol if you don't alternate between wearing an entry level Seiko Automatic and a Casio F91w
Been genuinely tempted to get a Bagelgauss lately

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I only buy smartphones where I need a ladder to see how far away I am from the store in the queue on release day

posting from an iphone x. I'm sure ron dennis also uses one.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Theophany posted:

Buy what you want if you can afford it. People pay tens of thousands for watches when a £10 Timex will do you just fine.

1500quidpoocati posted:

Yes! Offseason watchtalk is back!

I can't get behind the goofy bagel watches, but the milgauss replica at least looks OK from a distance.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I literally just spent loving $60 getting the scratched up glass replaced on my Seiko so I'm looking for more cheap dumb seikos at this point in time the AE1200 is calling to me cause that looks awesome as poo poo. Wanna get a GS at some point in the next year or two though.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wear an Omega like me

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
This fuckin' owns so hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpzOf4-6GoE

I'm not even sorry it's cheesy as gently caress 80s nostalgia, it was top of my YouTube recommendations this evening.

*chugs 2 litre bottle of Evian in slow motion*

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Group B owned so loving much and its the reason I got into racing.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I am sexually excited by the Audi Quattro, the thing is just loving perfect.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidpoocati posted:

I long ago promised myself that if a Peugeot 205 GTI that isn't rusted to gently caress comes up for sale near me, I will buy it, post a farewell to you all in here and promptly go and get myself killed trying to go around a corner in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidpoocati posted:

This but Michele Mouton in a Quattro
Also there are no other rally cars except the Quattro, every other rally car is the lamest thing on four wheels
Also Sauber got Kimi a suit that matches his personality

Only registered members can see post attachments!