Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

WATCH CHAT

Thinking about getting another TAG Heuer in a few years. Just a regular 'ol automatic Formula 1 model--no chronograph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schlesische posted:

(Ferrari engine)

thats a Dino

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Minto Took posted:

Thinking about getting another TAG Heuer in a few years. Just a regular 'ol automatic Formula 1 model--no chronograph.
Heuer is awesome, Niki Lauda had Heuer on his car. TAG Heuer is awful, Zak McLaren had TAG Heuer on its cars. Preemptive goondolences.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Heuer is awesome, Niki Lauda had Heuer on his car. TAG Heuer is awful, Zak McLaren had TAG Heuer on its cars. Preemptive goondolences.

I'd love a Breitling, but yeeesh, $toomuch.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
McLaren were such a nonentity for me this year, that I forgot that they had switched to Renault engines.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Falken posted:

McLaren were such a nonentity for me this year, that I forgot that they had switched to Renault engines.

I remember thinking "Hey, they'll probably be competitive with the works team but be about as far away from Red Bull as the works team is".
Then the preseason test came around and it was time to "apply the McLaren correction" to my expectations.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Schlesische posted:

(Ferrari engine)

As a kid, I owned the Hot Wheels model of that car.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Theophany posted:

If that doesn't stir a fire in your loins then you're somehow more dead from the neck down AND neck up than Sir Frank Williams.

Reminder that this thing beat the Quattro without even being AWD. Mid-Engine supremacy wins yet again.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The Quattro is overrated, just like Lance Stroll.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Midship>Front Engine any day.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

The Quattro is overrated, just like Lance Stroll.

You’re gonna burn at the stake motherfucker

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
:itshappening:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Minto Took posted:

I'd love a Breitling, but yeeesh, $toomuch.

I have owned a couple Breitlings and they are fine, I guess. Same goes for Rolex. The only one I own has sentimental value and I rarely wear it anyway. I'm rocking a Blancpain Villeret every day now and I love it. I have a Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso and a Ulysse Nardin San Marco that are my dress watches and a Grand Seiko that I wear occasionally for Reasons.

That being said, if I could stomach the cost I'd be in on Audemars Piguet Tourbillion in a heartbeat.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Get this bourgeois poo poo out of the Formula 1 thread.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Unironically love the Monaco Grand Prix legit my favourite race of the season

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Khablam posted:

Thread is making me install Dirt Rally again.

New laptop coming. Defo going to do the same.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
When I was a child my mother exclusively drove various OP ford Cosworths to their deaths. Once got “chased” 10 miles through a moor in the late 80s because a pack of boy racers thought she was racing them, she only “escaped” when she pulled into the bakewell police station car park at about 90mph.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Driving a JCB is about right for Stroll

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
The Quattro is cool but it was stupid to stick with the engine hanging way over the front wheels when everyone else just realised it was a better idea to build a mid engined awd car. Audi did even build a mid engined prototype https://rallygroupbshrine.org/group-s/audi-quattro-mid-engine-gr-b-proto-audi-sport-quattro-rs002-gr-s-proto/

Also I managed to bend some suspension on my car by running over the curbs at surtees at brands on monday ftw

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Nov 28, 2018

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sha already faster than Vettel
#ForzaFerrari

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Go Chuck!

Also final results in:

Decent result. :toot:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
There are sixty people in the worst thread?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

​ʃaʁl ləklɛʁ driving the sf71h today, really nice picture

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

As Borat would say, very naice I like. #ForzaFerrari

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DoctorGonzo posted:

One of the best looking Ferraris in recent years.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I also really like those sidepods.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pvt. Public posted:

I have owned a couple Breitlings and they are fine, I guess. Same goes for Rolex. The only one I own has sentimental value and I rarely wear it anyway. I'm rocking a Blancpain Villeret every day now and I love it. I have a Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso and a Ulysse Nardin San Marco that are my dress watches and a Grand Seiko that I wear occasionally for Reasons.

That being said, if I could stomach the cost I'd be in on Audemars Piguet Tourbillion in a heartbeat.

Just lmfao if you aren't rockin' the Breguet Marie Antoinette all day every day.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Nice one Carth Dookie, I got third place, iirc I set my picks just after the summer break and didn’t change anything - what failed me was my over optimism in Ricciado’s ability to finish a race.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
help im going to spent like 80 bucks buying an hesketh retro shirt in the official formula 1 store

#f1experiences

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

help im going to spent like 80 bucks buying an hesketh retro shirt in the official formula 1 store

#f1experiences

Don't buy a shirt of a bad British Fraudulent Team that doesn't exist anymore op.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but im not buying mclaren merch?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have a box full of enormous manor racing flags.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Minicurve is going to be in the papers because she’s currently being headhunted by several major engineering firms, and the RAF, at 14. She’s currently researching who at NASA and formula 1 to send the article to.

Machiavellian child is going to go far.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

OhsH posted:

gently caress off

I'm sorry, but anyone who supports Lance Stroll as a driver has legitimate brain damage. Can I take you back to the hospital you have clearly escaped from, sir?

Pvt. Public posted:

Pvt. Public taking a big bite out of the 2018 watchtalk thread. Nice unique choices. Tourbillions have never really interested me, which is good because they are firmly out of my price range.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

learnincurve posted:

Minicurve is going to be in the papers because she’s currently being headhunted by several major engineering firms, and the RAF, at 14. She’s currently researching who at NASA and formula 1 to send the article to.

Very cool LC, I hope she does well for herself. Maybe she can be the one to fix this terrible dead sport.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

CratSock posted:

Very cool LC, I hope she does well for herself. Maybe she can be the one to fix this terrible dead sport.

She’s interested in aerodynamics/electronics so McLaren WCC 2028

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

learnincurve posted:

She’s interested in aerodynamics/electronics so McLaren WCC 2028

Toxx that!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

learnincurve posted:

NASA will be hosed out of a budget or militarized before she's an adult. ESA!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The Delta and the Stratos are probably the best rally cars but my heart belongs to the Impreza.