Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
People have review hardware but I think they're prohibited from cracking if open. It's confirmed in the boot they're using PCSX ReArmed on ARM hardware. I think early claims it's a PSTV were a combination of speculation and jest, but I wouldn't be shocked.

Regardless of the hardware, the PAL bullshit should result in a mass recall 😛

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

anyone else ever feel like that there's some game out there that they want to be playing right the hell now, but without actually knowing what that game is (or sometimes even what it entails)

or is that one finally weird enough to just be me

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the game i want to play most right now, is the one im making. but that also means that it's not out there, in some unknown place

whether this applies to other people, or if it's exclusive to me, well i guess i couldn't say :v:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you: sega should remaster skies of arcadia

some other person: sega should remaster sakura wars

me: sega should remaster wachenroder for the sega saturn, the german industrial srpg with music by ian mcdonald of king crimson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsf-b7SU2AQ

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
was the person who designed turtle rock aware that video games are supposed to be fun

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

was the person who designed turtle rock aware that video games are supposed to be fun

Turtle Rock is Ganon's first of three ways of telling you to gently caress Off, Kid

Turtle Rock is a lovely kind of hell and I miss it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's really just two specific rooms in turtle rock, the rest of the dungeon was about as good as a normal lttp dungeon (which is, not great by zelda standards since the series has come a long way but not terrible either)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

With all the recent talk in the thread over the last couple of weeks of people giving their GOTYs I've realised it would be super fun to bring over the Top 10 of the Year thread that I've run a few times in TV IV. Before I get started on knocking an OP up I just wanted to check, is this something that someone already does in this forum? I don't want to go stepping on somebody's toes :ohdear:

A few pages back but please do this!!

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Turtle Rock is the Mario level, so the enemies have to be overpowered to show how cool Mario is to deal with them on a regular basis.

If it makes you feel better, imagine if you had gone to Turtle Rock before Ice Palace. Like having Chain Chomps chew through your health bar? How about with green mail?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

DEMAND: Bring back the Blue Mail with that pale yellow cap, best palette swap

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The chain chomps were challenging but I felt like I had counterplay and when I got hit it was my own fault, the fire bars in the dark room and the eyelasers guarding the chests are the real fuckers

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

At a little bit past getting the flame hollow in Darksiders 3 I'm not having too bad of a time (though it did crash on me once, but I figured it was time to call it a night at that point). Hit stun does generally exist for small enemies though that was also true for 2 in the beginning, so I'll have to see if that still holds later. Whip combos feel good and have clear purposes, though the flails are a bit underwhelming. Fighting big enemies seems to be heavily dependent on getting perfect dodges, which from what I can see will basically stop any attack chains they are doing and give you a chance to get some hits in but usually not a full combo. Otherwise they are pretty aggressive. You also can't dodge out of most or all of your attacks so you have to be conservative in attacking. Enemy damage does not gently caress around even on standard difficulty and if you take one hit you're usually taking several, so it might honestly be better to play on easy. I ran into a miniboss in a side room that could basically one shot me and took quite a few deaths.

I'll see how it holds up, but right now it's about on par for me with the previous games and is different in what it is going for. It seems a lot of reviewers didn't like the lack of loot from 2, but I disliked the loot so it's not a negative for me, and graphically it looks fine but basically everything after last gen looks pretty much the same to me anyway. Main annoyances I have are that the lock on has some issues and the camera runs has problems in tight spaces and around pillars.

I also keep forgetting that there is a sprint.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Nov 28, 2018

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
honestly turtle rock is a hard area but it doesn't stand out to me as being particularly nasty. like yeah you have to deal with the wand tracks but whatev'.

to me, the real nightmare in all of lttp is the room where you have to keep casting ether to reveal the invisible floor, and it's only visible while the spell is animating

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

cheetah7071 posted:

The chain chomps were challenging but I felt like I had counterplay and when I got hit it was my own fault, the fire bars in the dark room and the eyelasers guarding the chests are the real fuckers

For the eye lasers: If you charge a spin, Link can move without changing directions, and he’ll hold his shield out to his side, so you can move into and out of the way of the laser without dropping your guard by holding the charge.

The White Dragon posted:

honestly turtle rock is a hard area but it doesn't stand out to me as being particularly nasty. like yeah you have to deal with the wand tracks but whatev'.

to me, the real nightmare in all of lttp is the room where you have to keep casting ether to reveal the invisible floor, and it's only visible while the spell is animating

Until you figure out you can bonk off of the pots and skip the puzzle.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Seeing a hyper-competent LttP speedrun still produces some impressive internal screaming in me

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I love LTTP, it's my favorite of all the Zeldas and perhaps favorite Nintendo game as a whole

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Discovering 'hovering' was a thing and seeing someone pull it off non-TAS was soul-shaking poo poo I'll tell you

corn in the bible posted:

I love LTTP, it's my favorite of all the Zeldas and perhaps favorite Nintendo game as a whole

Same, my top 3 Zeldas are still 1. LttP, 2. Majora's Mask, and 3. Zelda II

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Colonel posted:

you: sega should remaster skies of arcadia

some other person: sega should remaster sakura wars

me: sega should remaster wachenroder for the sega saturn, the german industrial srpg with music by ian mcdonald of king crimson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsf-b7SU2AQ

:monocle:
Thank you for sharing this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

A few pages back but please do this!!

Aw, only cause it's you :3:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Hooray, thank you! :D I have also stickied it for a month! I am interested in the responses and will definitely be adding my own :D

EDIT: Wait that is not long enough, ok stuck indefinitely as that is the next option up!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm gonna pick some hentai games

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm gonna pick some hentai games

how on earth will you ever narrow it down to just 10 you played in 2018

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have detailed files

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
“Hmm, it appears that the pages of my gaming journal have become stuck together. How troublesome.”

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Race
War
>Super Mario Brothers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El7GVPUl-r0

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

The 7th Guest posted:

Legend of Zelda: Does Link Ever Kiss A Girl?

Like, not cheek but lips. And who made the first move. Who was it? Please let it be Zelda :)! (I'm Sorry! Link and Zelda NEED to be together. It makes me mad if Link doesn't go with her cause he's the one always saving her and crap and suddenly a girl comes out of nowhere and barely helps him and gets his heart. IT WOULDN'T MAKE SINCE!)

Zelda def smooches Link at the end of a combined Oracle games playthrough but it's a one-way smooch. I remember being slightly scandalized as a kid by seeing kissing in my video game.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
In Zelda 2 doesn't it end with the curtains closing and Zelda and Link kissing? You just can't see it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Link and Zelda have got to be the most sexless video game couple in history. Even tetris blocks get more action on the reg.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

um clearly someone didn't think of the volcel doom marine and his super shotgun

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cowcaster posted:

um clearly someone didn't think of the volcel doom marine and his super shotgun

Doomguy is celibate by choice and a devout Christian.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Himuro posted:

Is there a highly regarded list of what were considered the best books of the 20th century? When I think of film I think of AFI’s for instance. Is there a good and reliable one for books?

I generally use the Booker Prize shortlists, they're pretty reliable.

Also someone brought up the Vita TV and god I'm sad I missed out on those, weren't they going on closeout for $25 at some point?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Leon Kennedy is the #1 video game volcel IMO

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i've actually never delved into the incel/volcel stuff for obvious reasons are volcels allowed to whack off or is that considered a violation of their sacred volcel code or whatever because mr. kennedy is definitely not volcel if that's the case

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Travis Touchdown is first in my mind for whatever this conversation is.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

C-Euro posted:

Leon Kennedy is the #1 video game volcel IMO

That’s a weird way to spell Kiryu Kazuma

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Umm snake has had sex

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

RBA Starblade posted:

Travis Touchdown is first in my mind for whatever this conversation is.

Nah he gets laid towards the end of NMH2, also I just remembered that we're getting another NMH game in 2019. Owns.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Doomguy will have sex in doom eternal, and it will be thoughtful and classy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

doomguy will never have sex

• Locked thread