Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I actually recognize a couple, but not enough to know if they're any good. What about that one who won the kart championship in the best kart race ever? Too young?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nERc_53wLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Gigi Galli posted:

NASA will be hosed out of a budget or militarized before she's an adult. ESA!!!

Of course the mods would love to waste a top British talent in an EU-run bureaucracy hell.

Get that kid into the UK Space Agency and she'll be making the NHS rich from mined moon diamonds before George Russell's 3rd WDC.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Assuming her engineering skills are fine, have you seen her interact with her peers and authorities at school? Does she know how to maneuver in complicated adversarial social hierarchies? To play off the ambitions and fears of others without their understanding? To manipulate and control for personal gain and advancement? Then send that CV to Scuderia Ferrari

Also, tourbillons are worthless crap unless it's a gyrotourbillon

She does seem to be able to convince all around her into doing everything she wants to do, she has to ‘win” at everything, her PowerPoint presentations must be the BEST, her test scores must be perfect, she throws her toys out the pram if she loses, and she tries to manipulate the rules in every game she plays.

I’m thinking Mercades.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have a fun fact for you.

Beagle 2 was found on mars in 2015, it had done everything it was supposed to do, landed where it should have done safely, collected data perfectly, and then when it went to transmit and phone home it couldn’t because one of the petals on the solar panel failed to open properly.

Guess who made those panels?

it was McLaren

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Is your daughter Sebastian Vettel in a wig?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I have a fun fact for you.

Beagle 2 was found on mars in 2015, it had done everything it was supposed to do, landed where it should have done safely, collected data perfectly, and then when it went to transmit and phone home it couldn’t because one of the petals on the solar panel failed to open properly.

Guess who made those panels?

it was McLaren

McLaren made the actual solar panel material, not the mechanism that opens them.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

The Kimoa Kid posted:

McLaren made the actual solar panel material, not the mechanism that opens them.

Just a guess.. did Honda make the mechanism?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Beagle 2 was such a stereotypically British thing. A tiny budget, headed up by someone who looked like a homebrew enthusiast, and it didn't loving work.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Carth Dookie posted:

Is your daughter Sebastian Vettel in a wig?

She didn't say anything about her daughter being a fraud who melts down at the slightest hint of pressure.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

Beagle 2 was such a stereotypically British thing. A tiny budget, headed up by someone who looked like a homebrew enthusiast, and it didn't loving work.

Feel free to explain several other things that makes this a 'stereotypical' thing for you

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Thanks Ants posted:

A tiny budget, headed up by someone who looked like a homebrew enthusiast, and it didn't loving work.

This applies to academia as a whole.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gret posted:

She didn't say anything about her daughter being a fraud who melts down at the slightest hint of pressure.

hi LC not daughter

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Beagle 2 looks worse in hindsight since NASA has been killing it recently, but around the turn of the millennium there were a ton of mission failures that were pretty much all more catastrophic than a solar panel not opening. NASA had one burn up in the atmosphere because they hosed up converting between imperial and metric.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Thanks Ants posted:

A tiny budget, headed up by someone who looked like a homebrew enthusiast, and it didn't loving work.

but enough about my kart team.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
It's not British unless it kills a few people in the name of masculinity and the spirit of the gladiators

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Beagle 2 looks worse in hindsight since NASA has been killing it recently, but around the turn of the millennium there were a ton of mission failures that were pretty much all more catastrophic than a solar panel not opening. NASA had one burn up in the atmosphere because they hosed up converting between imperial and metric.

I thought it thudded into the planet because they were working with the europeans and neither side checked units. There was no conversion done because everyone thought calculations were in their system

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

ilmucche posted:

I thought it thudded into the planet because they were working with the europeans and neither side checked units. There was no conversion done because everyone thought calculations were in their system

No Europeans involved, it was NASA using metric and Lockheed using imperial.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Thanks Ants posted:

If it had been stereotypically British, it would have colonized the planet.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

mrfart posted:

If it had been stereotypically British, it would have colonized the planet.

What makes you thing it didn’t?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

djssniper posted:

Feel free to explain several other things that makes this a 'stereotypical' thing for you

Williams Grand Prix Engineering

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Is that better or worse than not getting an engine and a gearbox to line up?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Do you like McLaren? Do you like listening to "dope beats"? Do you like over-spending on basic technology? You'll love this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CZ1J9VR?tag=22

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im going to buy ferrari branded cologne

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Cactrot posted:

You know what was the first threaded fastener standard ever invented? Whitworth.
Rule Brittania

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

Do you like McLaren? Do you like listening to "dope beats"? Do you like over-spending on basic technology? You'll love this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CZ1J9VR?tag=22

Unironically yes to all of these questions

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

None of our :toxx: conditions went far enough guys.
I watched this and got chills.
https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/a1elry/i_did_a_shoey_with_my_own_piss_because_i_bet/

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Cactrot posted:

The best part was that multiple people noticed that the craft was going to be far too low and got told to gently caress off because they didn’t fill out the right form.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Khablam posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/a1elry/i_did_a_shoey_with_my_own_piss_because_i_bet/

they're multiplying

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

poty posted:

Of course the mods would love to waste a top British talent in an EU-run bureaucracy hell.

Get that kid into the UK Space Agency and she'll be making the NHS rich from mined moon diamonds before George Russell's 3rd WDC.

The UK has a space agency?

Well... I say!

djssniper posted:

Just a guess.. did Honda make the mechanism?

Honda made a mechanism to deploy a single petal, which worked fine in lab testing.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

Lol loving hell reddit owns haha

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CratSock posted:

The UK has a space agency?

Well... I say!

Honda made a mechanism to deploy a single petal, which worked fine in lab testing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki

Yep, and it did some pretty cool and good stuff, it's a pity that our political leaders are at least 50 times as retarded as are max.

We remain the only country to obtain and then immediately abandon a satellite launch capability. :smith:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

who among us wouldn't drink our own piss from a shoe for le epic reddit karma

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

who among us wouldn't drink our own piss from a shoe for le epic reddit karma

I mean someone on these forums shat on a gamecube sooooo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

I mean someone on these forums shat on a gamecube sooooo

Did they eat the Gamecube afterwards?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I bet you degenerates would line up for Sharl to piss in your mouth from a ladder

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I bet you degenerates would line up for Sharl to piss in your mouth from a ladder

Fuckin' A right, op

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If Ferrari doesnt win im going to kill myself like that weird Björk dude :toxx:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DoctorGonzo posted:

If Ferrari doesnt win im going to kill myself like that weird Björk dude :toxx:

Schumacher tried, and failed. So don't do it, Gonzo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

One of my friends is complaining that he bought a $19 cable from Apple and they won't leave that at his door either, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If Ferrari doesn’t win what? If it’s “most bottled championships” then you’re in the clear.