Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Phi230 posted:

I swear to god your AV switched spots

It does! I think it’s on a 1 minute timer.

Someone swapped out a few of the people that got those avatars to this version. It’s pretty clever imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
In the future everyone wears poorly fitting band shirts.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I see highways are now flat panels you move around on. I guess they did this to give people a good view, but I'm not sure I like it. I would have preferred rings of some sort that you move through.

They can't please everyone though and I like what I'm seeing.

Edit: On second thought, I do like how the highways tilt on corners. It's quite a nice effect.

Inverness fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 29, 2018

PHOOsun
Nov 18, 2010

3V3RYBODY STOP WH4T YOUR3 DO1NG 1MM3D14T3LY
Dev in the stream saying they have to leave to render the end game credits >.<

This really is a small team, I guess

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I wonder how automation is. Hoping you can get a Kestrel to drop satellites everywhere like in AP.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I don't suppose anyone looked into who else got early copies? Maybe one of them won't take four hours to fly around and do a single mission. My lust for knowledge is insatiable.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Orv posted:

I don't suppose anyone looked into who else got early copies? Maybe one of them won't take four hours to fly around and do a single mission. My lust for knowledge is insatiable.

I did a quick check on youtube, and it looks like the only other person who's put up a video is a russian guy, but he does seem to be more competent at the game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah I don't want to be a dick or anything but... hoo boy. Cemented my dislike of streamers, too busy playing the crowd to play the game.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's basically an unwritten rule that if someone gets access to a game early and streams it, they're gonna be terrible.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

At least they didn't give it to some popular variety streamer that would be completely lost and poo poo on the game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
True, they could've given it to DSP who would do both those things while also constantly stopping to thank everyone who gives him a dollar and buys a subscription.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

PHOOsun posted:

Dev in the stream saying they have to leave to render the end game credits >.<

This really is a small team, I guess

LinkedIn claims 15 people.

Contrast to RSI. :haw:

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

So I can't find the recorded video on Twitch and YouTube presumably nuked the video over a copyright claim. Fantastic.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Can we get a streamer with more wacky yelling next time?

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Inverness posted:

So I can't find the recorded video on Twitch and YouTube presumably nuked the video over a copyright claim. Fantastic.

Supposedly there was some personal information that was shown on the video and he took it down to edit that out.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
For anyone who missed the stream like me, here is a Russian one to at least see some gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLrmTcifcKM

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Angry Joe is streaming now

https://www.twitch.tv/angryjoeshow

Orv
May 4, 2011

*Open tab*

...Oh my god we are so fast.

*Close tab*

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Yeah yikes, that is some abrasive poo poo by comparison.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Only 400 viewers on these streams. Doesn't bode well :(

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Are Egosoft advertising these people, though?

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Only 400 viewers on these streams. Doesn't bode well :(
It's 10 PM CST. Few in the US will be looking for streams this late. Also the streams were not planned or advertised. I only found out about what was happening because I wondered why this thread had so many new posts.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
X has always been super niche, but it'll do fine in this current space-sim revival period we're in.

Stream re-uploaded here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igmDNW1AyWQ

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Inverness posted:

It's 10 PM CST. Few in the US will be looking for streams this late. Also the streams were not planned or advertised. I only found out about what was happening because I wondered why this thread had so many new posts.

The previous stream I was watching also had about 400 viewers.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The people that play X games are already gonna buy it, the people who are interested are probably going to go looking more proactively than random streams, especially from a dude who doesn't play these kinds of games ever.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, if Rebirth didn't sink Egosoft I doubt this will, considering it actually looks good.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I've been playing Eve online again please save me again X

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

hobbesmaster posted:

The previous stream I was watching also had about 400 viewers.
I think the earlier stream had closer to 1000, they were just split between youtube and twitch.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

The very fact that egosoft is putting their hyper niche and mega German game in the hands of not so niche streamers is an extremely good sign.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Space :420: that's a buy

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
well, I guess I'm going to have to wait and see how 970s handle this but it sounds like it is gonna be a cool game based on y'all's reactions to the streams

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The earlier Stream got me hype as hell, I wanted to avoid doing that but once he docked on a moving capital ship that was just cruising around between sectors and went up on the bridge I was sold.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Popete posted:

The earlier Stream got me hype as hell, I wanted to avoid doing that but once he docked on a moving capital ship that was just cruising around between sectors and went up on the bridge I was sold.

I was sold the moment I saw that streamer go through about 5 different systems in the span of 30 seconds while on a highway.

In X3 it would have taken me the better part of five minutes with SETA on.

The explorer within me approves immensely.

Edit: Being able to literally hitchhike through systems is also amazing in every way.

Dr. Snark fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Nov 29, 2018

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

Yeah, if Rebirth didn't sink Egosoft I doubt this will, considering it actually looks good.

They claim it’s their best selling title.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Popete posted:

I'm hype as hell, is this what a Star Citizen cultist feels like?

If you are so hyped I have some jpegs of a space bridge to sell you.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

limaCAT posted:

If you are so hyped I have some jpegs of a space bridge to sell you.

Do you accept Bitcoin?

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Snark posted:

I was sold the moment I saw that streamer go through about 5 different systems in the span of 30 seconds while on a highway.

In X3 it would have taken me the better part of five minutes with SETA on.

The explorer within me approves immensely.

Edit: Being able to literally hitchhike through systems is also amazing in every way.

Being able to quickly get from point A to point B kind of diminishes the sense of scale for me in games like this. There has to be a happy medium for sanity sale, of course, but I can't wait to get in the game and see how it feels.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Being able to quickly get from point A to point B kind of diminishes the sense of scale for me in games like this. There has to be a happy medium for sanity sale, of course, but I can't wait to get in the game and see how it feels.

To be fair you're going at 10000kph on one of those highways or something ridiculous like that, but normally you can only go to about 1.5kph-ish max when you're not.

Basically the vibe I got from that and the general size of sectors when you're flying around normally is that you can get to other systems quickly if you want/need to, but there's plenty of space off the beaten path to explore.

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
IIRC the devs felt the same way and removed jumpdrives for that reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I always hated the seti drive so lanes are a nice freelanceresque alternative.