Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I forgot did they eventually patch in better drops for BL2 or nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I forgot did they eventually patch in better drops for BL2 or nah

No.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Borderlands is redic and works because of it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Fallom posted:

Base BL2 was aggressively unfun until I used cheat engine to massively increase the drop rate for the rare items and even then most of them were garbage

It kind of felt like playing Diablo 3 around launch, to be honest

The DLCs were pretty neat, though.

I’m pretty handy with cheat engine and yet I never figured out how to tweak the drop rates. I even tracked some pointers that’s got changed with the 5% drop rate relic.

On the other hand I’ve got a permanent pointer link to add anarchy stacks so I don’t have to spend 20 mi it’s grinding up 400 every time I die as Gaige

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

I’m pretty handy with cheat engine and yet I never figured out how to tweak the drop rates. I even tracked some pointers that’s got changed with the 5% drop rate relic.

On the other hand I’ve got a permanent pointer link to add anarchy stacks so I don’t have to spend 20 mi it’s grinding up 400 every time I die as Gaige

I just got a default template from reddit or something that had a bunch of easy options. I bet it’s more fun to figure it out yourself, though.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Did any of y'all know this was coming?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/463170/Jagged_Alliance_Rage/

Jagged Alliance: Rage

I was/am a huge fan of 2, I couldn't even begin to guess how many hours I've played that game but if I had to it would be like at least 500 in the past 18+ years or so. I even have 84 hours in the terrible "Back in Action" from a few years ago. I completely missed the scam Kickstarter one more recently, which seems like something I should be grateful for.

Probably gonna skip this one too because it looks like a lovely phone game.

edit: It only has 6 mercenaries :catstare:

hard loving pass, what a loving joke

mods changed my name fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 28, 2018

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

mods changed my name posted:

edit:

you know what I'm having a real lovely day and I'm letting it overrun my poo poo. I hope BL3 game comes out and you like it. Sorry for making fun of memes.

nah I get you borderlands is almost but not quite too much for me in that zany poo poo. The main thing it has going for it is that its a 4 man co-op FPS with diablo style loot and an acceptable storyline.

The shooting is kinda generic but with ROCKET LAUNCHERS THAT SHOOT SWORDS THAT EXPLODE but I enjoyed it in spite of that because the only thing close is destiny which is a loving FPS MMO :lol:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Ugh, this thing.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Play some mediocre shooter with floaty controls on one monitor and run a script that shows you random know your meme pages on the other. Bam, instant Borderlands 3.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
BL1 and 2 were fun, but I just lost interest in the Pre-Sequal or whatever it was called.

I tried BL2 again recently, but I ruined it for myself by entering in all the available codes on the internet for the golden chest or whatever it was, which completely ruined the “go shoot things and find a better gun” mechanic. I just kept coming back to the town every once in a while a burning a couple keys to get better loot.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hitman 2 has been a pleasant surprise. It feels like Blood Money again and there's a lot of variety.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I bought and have been playing DSIII. All i know about DSIII is that its apparently the worst of the series but I am having fun so far.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ds3 is the worst but its not a bad game at all

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Play some mediocre shooter with floaty controls on one monitor and run a script that shows you random know your meme pages on the other. Bam, instant Borderlands 3.

you're not wrong but like I said earlier there really aren't many co-op FPS you can play with 4 people. the game is mediocre but shoot dudes in a shooter with wife and brother in law was fun (gf at the time)

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
seems pretty messed up to date your brother in law but that's our pookie

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

seems pretty messed up to date your brother in law but that's our pookie

well he is from texas

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
New Battletech expansion came out yesterday, itching to lop arms off with the Hatchetman

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

CommieGIR posted:

New Battletech expansion came out yesterday, itching to lop arms off with the Hatchetman

i got a hatchetman, it took a melee to the face and died

i'm a bit underwhelmed tbh

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

ElMaligno posted:

I bought and have been playing DSIII. All i know about DSIII is that its apparently the worst of the series but I am having fun so far.

I have been playing coop with my son and it's been a lot of fun. I prefer Bloodborne's attack oriented playstyle but I will take what I can get on PC.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Red Dead Online is even worse than GTA Online. What a joke.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ElMaligno posted:

DSIII is more linear and you advance by fighting to the next bonfire and you can teleport between bonfires right from the start. In DS1 the map is denser and you advance by opening shortcuts.

The end result is that DSIII is a lot easier to play casually because you can pick it up after not playing for a year and still have an idea of what you're doing, IMO.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

A Bad Poster posted:

Red Dead Online is even worse than GTA Online. What a joke.

so what’s up with the shark cards or whatever cash grab

Also I know some of you are sick of FO76 chat. Anyway, the Collectors Edition came with a cheap nylon bag instead of the advertised canvas bag. Someone emailed and they were pretty much told “sorry you’re not happy it was a prototype and too expensive we don’t plan on doing anything about it.” Which seems hard to believe, but who knows at this point

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/a17g0s/fallout_76_200_collectors_edition_comes_with/?st=JP1PKNW6&sh=76169c04

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 28, 2018

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I don't know, I've been too busy murdering/getting murdered.

So you join these freeroam events. I've joined two. The first one ended up being a giant free for all with about 30 people where you got points for getting kills with sidearms. So I go through, don't win because the guns in that game are fine for shooting predictable AI but not actual people who are running and diving all over the place. The game ends and everyone is running around, but you can't shoot each other. Then the game dumps you back into the open world, but not where you were originally. I realized two things at that point:You're using your own bullets in the game, so I had no ammo, and it drops everyone that was in the match in the same part of the world where the match took place. You've got 30+ people in a very small area, so of course it immediately turns into a bloodbath. I try to get my horse but someone stole it, and then I get shot to death. The game doesn't respawn you at a camp or anything, it respawns you in the immediate area where you got killed. This means that people will just spawn kill over and over again. I killed the game from the menu at that point.

The second match I got into before the game started, and you can freely kill the other players before the game even starts. That match ended when the game crashed.

After that I said gently caress it and went to Blackwater and started killing every living thing I set my eyes on, with no repercussions except for bullets lost.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Also I know some of you are sick of FO76 chat. Anyway, the Collectors Edition came with a cheap nylon bag instead of the advertised canvas bag. Someone emailed and they were pretty much told “sorry you’re not happy it was a prototype and too expensive we don’t plan on doing anything about it.” Which seems hard to believe, but who knows at this point

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/a17g0s/fallout_76_200_collectors_edition_comes_with/?st=JP1PKNW6&sh=76169c04

i'm sure as gently caress not sick of it, lol

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i got my $2.50 steam link today and man it's just a lot beefier thing than I imagined. haven't set it up or anything but it comes with power adapters for like every region in it and everything. God they must have taken such a hit on these financially.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Well it’s not hard to believe it, it’s hard to believe a customer service guy actually admitted it

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It was the Bethesda Gear Store too, not even like regular support. That dude probably gets two tickets a month.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

i got my $2.50 steam link today and man it's just a lot beefier thing than I imagined. haven't set it up or anything but it comes with power adapters for like every region in it and everything. God they must have taken such a hit on these financially.

They did. Both it and the Steam Controller were actually built to good mechanical standards with pretty good QC. Which isn't chinesium cheep and since neither product never really took off...

But they at least made a cool video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCgnWqoP4MM

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I missed it.

I hope they offer them both again during the winter sale

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Probably won't be any more steam links since they were liquidating them at 95% off.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I set up my $5 Steam Link last weekend and was pretty impressed. Maybe it's the new router I got or maybe it's because of the dedicated hardware, but it works way better than my wired gigabit HTPC.

I can still notice a lot of artifacting in AC: Origins but the latency is fine.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i set it up and it seems fine but I really need to just get a steam controller or an xbox controller because steam really doesnt want to seem to want to do PS4 button prompts and that poo poo fucks with my brain. Playing Battletech again anyways and I don't need or really want the couch experience for that, just kinda grabbed it more for a "hey, why not?" and I'll use it for something eventually.

Can't imagine I'll be that disappointed considering the price though

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
https://twitter.com/Fallout/status/1067979637345722370

edit: they deleted it and typed it again but its basically SORRY FOR THE BAIT AND SWITCH contact support for 500 ATOMS!~!! as compensation

lol pieces of poo poo

but also even more lol at people who spent $200 on that box of garbage poo poo anyways

mods changed my name fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 29, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Syrian Lannister posted:

I missed it.

I hope they offer them both again during the winter sale

Do you really want a link? I ordered a spare for shits and giggles that I was planning on leaving mint in box. My original gathers dust on the media center.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
They want $8 for shipping? Pft.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
It's like a 4 pound box its crazy

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

it's worth the money for the three international adapters and HDMI cable it comes with lol

i think there might be an ethernet cable in there as well

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i was honestly expecting a Roku looking stick in a plastic clamshell and didn't even know what the package was until i opened it. It wasn't a bomb that would promptly end this suffering eternal hell of life which was disappointing tho but now I can play games on my tv in a new way so thats cool too i guess

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yoooo I just saw that Bulletstorm is free on PS+. I only played it on 360, time for a revisit

Game is rad as hell

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Nov 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yoooo I just saw that Bulletstorm is free on PS+. I only played it on 360, time for a revisit

Game is rad as hell

Oh poo poo!