Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Someone's doing voter fraud. Who it is may shock you!it won't

https://twitter.com/PoliticsWolf/status/1068235003241381888?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

KingNastidon posted:

Do you think women that are the primary caretakers of children and [deservedly] get paid time off may also be subject to slower career growth than men/childless women? Because they spend less time at work or have limited availability outside of work and many white collar salary jobs are largely based on 24/7 work flexibility? And that could explain some, but certainly not all, of the wage gap?

Ok so what does that have to do with my post. There are reasons that woman are penalized for fulfilling a biological imperative? Who gives a poo poo? That doesn't make it just or reasonable?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

How many Reps are "No Labels" people?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

frest posted:

But how can that be? I was at my Hipster Brooklyn Coffee Shop and I overheard a diverse, multi-ethnic group of Hill Staffers talking about how they are so tired of all the fake news hype about Mueller!

Weird, they were talking about how much they wanted the wall at mine

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

TheScott2K posted:

Amazing how normal that total loving nonsense has become to so many people

Yeah let's penalize people for having lives and responsibilities outside of the workplace. Oh but look, they gave us free snacks and a ping pong table!

Americans already lost the battle against the corporate class. We say their own talking points for them now and that poster you quoted is proof.

Brony Car posted:

How many Reps are "No Labels" people?

What does that even mean?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Guze posted:

This was a very close race.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Kimsemus posted:

spicy take: maybe there are inequalities in the system and maybe some of that is caused by personal choices

thank you for making my point for me.

You are a moron (and yes I mean this as a personal attack)... the study is accounting for the difference in time spent working (as in statistically removing its impact from pay calculation). It's NOT validating it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Kimsemus posted:

like if you earned the same for taking off work everyone would just take off work.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

sexpig by night posted:

w'ere gonna mcfuckin lose in 2020

Who gives a poo poo about the DCCC, they are dinosaurs.

DSA is where future relevance will come from.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kimsemus posted:

spicy take: maybe there are inequalities in the system and maybe some of that is caused by personal choices

the funniest part of this whole "personal responsibility, your problems are not society's problems who cares if it's fair" is that he was kicked from goonswarm and has spent years (edit: not an exaggeration, literal years) whining about how it wasn't fair and he should be entitled to be let back in

just puts what is and is not a grave injustice in the world of kimsemus in perspective

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Guze posted:

:lol: holy poo poo. This is for sure go to prison voter fraud.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

VanSandman posted:

Pay raises for time on the job are mostly bullshit. You should be paid as much as your union can bargain for, with seniority counting for little if anything. Annual or scheduled cost-of-living increases are perfectly acceptable.
Let's be honest for most jobs the difference in performance between someone who's been there a year and someone who's been there five are basically non-existent.

Isn't an annual raise a pay raise for time on the job?

Also, I'm going to disagree with you on the "experience means nothing" claim. The folks I work with sporting 30 year pins know a hell of a lot more than the folks with only five years. I thin seniroity should be used for little more than a tie-breaker when it comes to promotions or transfers, but I don't think it's very pro-labor to deny the knowledge and experience of someone who's worked in their profession for years.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Groovelord Neato posted:

did we already have a chuckle over another mccain meltdown?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5upLfVseRnI

This is the video companion of Thomas Picketty's work.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Solkanar512 posted:

Isn't an annual raise a pay raise for time on the job?

Also, I'm going to disagree with you on the "experience means nothing" claim. The folks I work with sporting 30 year pins know a hell of a lot more than the folks with only five years. I thin seniroity should be used for little more than a tie-breaker when it comes to promotions or transfers, but I don't think it's very pro-labor to deny the knowledge and experience of someone who's worked in their profession for years.

Yeah in my job if everyone with experience retired and everyone left had 5 or less years experience it would be a huge disaster (it is a huge disaster, I'm 11 years in and I'm the most knowledgeable one in the room frequently and it's terrifying).

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

evilweasel posted:

the funniest part of this whole "personal responsibility, your problems are not society's problems who cares if it's fair" is that he was kicked from goonswarm and has spent years (edit: not an exaggeration, literal years) whining about how it wasn't fair and he should be entitled to be let back in

just puts what is and is not a grave injustice in the world of kimsemus in perspective

Lol, of course. Its unfortunate that this makes so much sense.....

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

VanSandman posted:

Pay raises for time on the job are mostly bullshit. You should be paid as much as your union can bargain for, with seniority counting for little if anything. Annual or scheduled cost-of-living increases are perfectly acceptable.
Let's be honest for most jobs the difference in performance between someone who's been there a year and someone who's been there five are basically non-existent.

years on the job basically directly scales with your job-specific skills that make you more useful and valuable to the company, for which you should be rewarded, and also makes you less valuable to competing employers. it makes perfect sense both from the union's standpoint and from the employer's standpoint.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

DandyLion posted:

Then Trump's going to pardon him :agesilaus:
Trump will pardon him and Heather Heyer at the same ceremony and repeat that both sides have great people.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

evilweasel posted:

Let him back in on condition that he's not allowed to use offline training

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Easy Diff posted:

Trump will pardon him and Heather Heyer at the same ceremony and repeat that both sides have great people.

Oh heck yeah, thats perfect. I mean, its totally fair to both sides.

Taiko
Jul 13, 2006

Spun Dog posted:

Who gives a poo poo about the DCCC, they are dinosaurs.

DSA is where future relevance will come from.

I for one am incredibly grateful to the DSA's efforts in taking back the House, sick burns on Twitter surely flipped Orange County

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

VH4Ever posted:

Pump this poo poo into my veins so hard.

Dude worked there for 7 years (!) according to LinkedIn. Lmao so hard. Antifash Gordon is doing God's work.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

evilweasel posted:

Sounds like you did him a favor and he just can't appreciate that.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

GriffX posted:

I for one am incredibly grateful to the DSA's efforts in taking back the House, sick burns on Twitter surely flipped Orange County

Salty

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

my bony fealty posted:

Dude worked there for 7 years (!) according to LinkedIn. Lmao so hard. Antifash Gordon is doing God's work.

God, I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that meeting.

Seriously, just pump that poo poo right into my heart like Uma in Pulp Fiction.

KingNastidon
Jun 25, 2004

kidkissinger posted:

Ok so what does that have to do with my post. There are reasons that woman are penalized for fulfilling a biological imperative? Who gives a poo poo? That doesn't make it just or reasonable?

Then we can address the 50% wage gap with better support of childcare services to minimize time out of work for women. But simply providing additional parental time off wouldn't completely address the issue that women with children will be paid less than men on average because they're spending more time out of work. People are claiming the wage gap is the result of discrimination.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Let me know how that works out for you, you pale gently caress.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/1068177931095162881?s=19

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

kidkissinger posted:

Women earn less because they are, on average, not as valuable of workers as men. It's not a giant misogynistic HR conspiracy, it's simply the case because our society and culture actively discourage women from entering the fields and gaining the skills that make the most money. STEM is where the money is, most people know this, and women are very underrepresented in STEM. Our culture teaches men that their value as people is dependent on how much money they personally earn to a far greater extent than it does for women, and tells women they should stay home. I mean, it's 2018 and we're not outright telling women to stay in the kitchen anymore, but some level of that sentiment is still there and it affects womens' life decisions.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Your Taint posted:

"sure, your client, julian assange, currently wanted by the british courts for jumping bail, can sue someone just as soon as he shows up in this courtroom in person"

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Your Taint posted:

Three separate grammatical gently caress-ups in one tweet. That's impressive for a self-proclaimed news organization-- even compared to the Grauniad.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1068244727298953216
https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1068244546788753414

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Having a normal one

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

That'll learn 'em, Laura

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

New Maryilyn Manson video looking good.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Girl is six kinds of crazy.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Please stop giving the mentally unwell person a platform, you jerks!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pleads posted:

Please stop giving the mentally unwell person a platform, you jerks!

If you're talking about Twitter, they did

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Kimsemus posted:

brokebrain leftist logic

it's your body, your choice

and

have kids or humankind is doomed its not a choice

Only men should have to pay taxes towards the US military because the vast majority of troops are men. Women shouldn't have to pay for the choices men make to join the military.

brokebrain Kimsemus logic

it's your job, your choice

and

have a military or the US is doomed its not a choice

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1068245987838189568

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1068242764830253056

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 29, 2018

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

VH4Ever posted:

What does that even mean?
It means it's okay if you're a Republican shitbird who wants to run on the Democratic ticket in a purple district (or, gently caress it, in a blue district because why the hell not) because the Democratic party is a big tent has absolutely no ideology to speak of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

"But we thought Republicans in Congress decided who got indicted for lying to Congress"