Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

clinton's probably mad he wasn't president in an earlier time cuz he woulda got away with it scot free like jfk did. jfk's intern poo poo was way creepier/gross.

lol pro click regarding tyson:

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1068575399003619328

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

what the gently caress, dude

*sigh* goddammit

NDT has been more and more douchey recently so this is sort of unsurprising to me, in that it is part of a trend.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jaxyon posted:

I 100% believe the accusations but oddly the only people I've seen carrying that story so far are religious websites.

I know that traditionally my opinion has been unpopular on this topic but while we should by default believe women, I think it's also important to keep an open mind when all of the accusers or reporters only come from one antagonistic side. Especially when Lindsey Graham was threatening to basically do this poo poo all the time now due to Kavanaugh not getting an easy pass

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/donrearden/status/1068570667933564928

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean that's a fair take I suppose. I'm not gonna probe him over it or anything but it's a pretty easily misread take imo.
Noted and edited out.

Edited: although I'll die on my weird safe sex hill, I guess. No one thinks their partner is cheating on them, but statistically most of us will cheat on or be cheated on by someone in a monogamous relationship, and should therefore should be taken into consideration.

Tibalt fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Nov 30, 2018

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:lol: good job Republicans

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jim_Jordan/status/1068566823489232896

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Groovelord Neato posted:

hearing about the dudes with two families and poo poo is wild. where do they find the time.

It's called load balancing, having 2 makes it almost twice as efficient

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sounds like the Ohio bill only that one was punishable by death.

Ohio, somehow first in the midwest in being poo poo.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Groovelord Neato posted:

hearing about the dudes with two families and poo poo is wild. where do they find the time.

During all their business trips, duh.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Lightning Knight posted:

NDT has been more and more douchey recently so this is sort of unsurprising to me, in that it is part of a trend.

Yeah I had the same thought

still saddening though

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Crow Jane posted:

Cheating seems like it would take way too much effort

This is why the McNulty "have sex with anything that moves, just cause" thing isn't what normally happens. Most adultery isn't some pre-meditated attempt to just get sex, it's a thing where a marriage has issues and one of the two partners finds themselves having feelings for someone outside of the marriage. Typically, the issues within the marriage resolve, the cheating partner apologies for their infidelity, and things move on. Granted I'm just talking from memory of my Human Sexual Behavior class from undergrad, and that was awhile ago, maybe the statistics have changed.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Sir Lemming posted:

It's called load balancing, having 2 makes it almost twice as efficient

Lol, god drat this was good

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mystic Mongol posted:

Is it safe to assume you're not famous and powerful? So when you, for example, take a third slice of pizza and leave one of your buddies with only one, your friends feel comfortable telling you you're a dick.

Imagine that everyone in your life tells you that you're special, that you're better than normal people, and that you're entitled to that slice of pizza. What would that do to your morals?

That's pretty much what I was getting at. Fame and power bring with them a sense of invulnerability that causes a lot of folks to behave like this. Politics and showbiz also tend to attract people with certain personality traits though, too...

DandyLion posted:

It also helps if you're so repulsive that women reflexively flee from your very presence.

I'll have you know it's my smell that they flee from, not my appearance.:colbert:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Of course, they are slamming these blatantly unconstitutional bills through so they can run them up the legal flagpole to try and get Roe v Wade overturned, especially now that we have Judge Beer

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I wonder how epic Trump's recovery fuckup will be.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1068578354616520704

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

lol above the law is often bad but they hit this one out of the park

https://twitter.com/atlblog/status/1068573275972866050

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Crow Jane posted:

Cheating seems like it would take way too much effort

People have this weird pathological obsession with making relationships last even when they are terrible. If you want to cheat, poo poo is broken in your love life and you should deal with it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Can't wait for Trump to toss paper towels to the people of Alaska and complain that Canada, or Big Ice, is in the way of driving trucks there.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Talking to someone on a Discord server who lives there, their school took some structural damage and he got bonked on the head by falling ceiling. I expect to see some footage he took on his phone making the rounds on news stations.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Pellisworth posted:

Kind of, one way of "predicting" quakes is looking at the historical record and saying a quake happens about every X years, we've gone X + 100 without a big one so it could happen any time now. You're right it's certainly not on a timetable, but risk does accumulate in terms of strain. There's more and more stress being accumulated on faults, so we know a big quake is only getting more likely and when it happens it'll be pretty bad.

I am not an earthquake expert but I thought it specifically doesn't work like that. Like, there is tons of earthquakes all day every day, there isn't a separate store of 100 year old earthquake energy that builds up that gets saved for the big one separately. So it's mostly just a luck of the draw every X years if conditions do or don't make a big earthquake, waiting longer doesn't increase the odds beyond it being more time. (statistically at least, I am sure someone could find a specific fault that had specific energy building and building at a specific location, but not like, that is how earthquakes as a concept work)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

Can't wait for Trump to toss paper towels to the people of Alaska and complain that Canada, or Big Ice, is in the way of driving trucks there.

It's surrounded by ice. Big ice. Canada Ice.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

People have this weird pathological obsession with making relationships last even when they are terrible. If you want to cheat, poo poo is broken in your love life and you should deal with it

The thing about cheating is that it is generally due to the insecurity of the cheating partner more than the desire for sex. You could have the perfect romantic partner and still cheat because you are insecure.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Yeah take a spin around some of the Twitter pics, lots of cracked roads and highways, collapsed ground and etc. Nuts.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Groovelord Neato posted:

I think about this all the time. Also guys my age and older tryna fornicate with 20yo girls. Dude, her brain isn't even fully developed, you can't even have a conversation, and 20yos mostly can't gently caress worth poo poo. That ain't it, don't creep.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Nazzadan posted:

Talking to someone on a Discord server who lives there, their school took some structural damage and he got bonked on the head by falling ceiling. I expect to see some footage he took on his phone making the rounds on news stations.

You might want to PM Helicity as he does storm chasing and might be able to help license the footage.

Might as well get paid for your bonk on the head right?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Clinton flavor of adultery is not actually that common, though. Most adultery is one spouse committing a single instance (or repeated instances with one person), and actually includes a romantic connection and not just a sexual one. Usually marriages move past it, oddly enough. What Clinton did as a President was collect women who felt like they couldn't say "no" as sex partners, because toxic masculinity being what it is, that is a symbol of power in our culture. The Lewinsky thing has more in common with the #metoo movement and it being revealed that every famous or powerful man is a sexmonster than it does with common marital infidelity.

While Bill was certainly credibly accused of impropriety and sexpestness for his behavior as Governor, and there is the Epstein crap after, there is no evidence that he 'collected women' as president.

Sort of an ackshually post I guess, but it is worth getting the timeline right imho.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Failed Imagineer posted:

I think about this all the time. Also guys my age and older tryna fornicate with 20yo girls. Dude, her brain isn't even fully developed, you can't even have a conversation, and 20yos mostly can't gently caress worth poo poo. That ain't it, don't creep.

I say to my gf all the time that poly just seems loving exhausting. I cant even imagine a unsuspecting polygamy relationship l. You could never let your mental guard down for a second in case you accidentally mention the other family.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

We started talking about it earlier this week, but its looking like there's a very real chance that North Carolina will not certify a winner in NC-09, and the House of Representatives may refuse to seat Mark Harris. If that happens, then that will trigger a special election next year.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article222363510.html

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

He's douchey in a pedant way and I didn't like him before, but I try not to do the "Is anyone really surprised?" about sexmonsters at this point, because it's not like there aren't some perfectly likable, non-pedantic sexual assaulters out there.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

The Supreme Court to outlaw abortion except in cases of incest and deformities caused by the pregnant mother drinking :kav:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
https://twitter.com/Adequate_Scott/status/1068577547598929920?s=19

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/jonathanjewel/status/1068579653781086208

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Caros posted:

While Bill was certainly credibly accused of impropriety and sexpestness for his behavior as Governor, and there is the Epstein crap after, there is no evidence that he 'collected women' as president.

Sort of an ackshually post I guess, but it is worth getting the timeline right imho.

Yeah, fair enough.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Your Taint posted:

I wonder how epic Trump's recovery fuckup will be.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1068578354616520704

He's just gonna give it back to Russia.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

He's douchey in a pedant way and I didn't like him before, but I try not to do the "Is anyone really surprised?" about sexmonsters at this point, because it's not like there aren't some perfectly likable, non-pedantic sexual assaulters out there.

I need to start writing poo poo down because I called NDT like a year ago. I am the Nostradamus of sexmonsters

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Bicyclops posted:

You're right, my bad.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Protip: if the tweet you wanna dump in this thread is two days old, then it has already been posted likely multiple times and thus you don't need to post it again

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Regarding NDT, The first accusation is on par with Al Franken, but the second is beyond that.

There are better science communicators out there, so gently caress NDT. Throw bill Nye in that trash bin of history as well.

Cara Santa Maria is far superior in every way, same with the Skeptics Guide folks.

https://www.carasantamaria.com/about/
https://www.theskepticsguide.org/

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Booourns posted:

Protip: if the tweet you wanna dump in this thread is two days old, then it has already been posted likely multiple times and thus you don't need to post it again

In general yes, it would be best if you checked before doing this, but as USPOL is a quick-moving thread it is understandable that people do not.

In Chomskyan's case that tweet had just been posted within the last few pages so I would ask that you try a little bit more, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Regarding NDT, The first accusation is on par with Al Franken, but the second is beyond that.

There are better science communicators out there, so gently caress NDT. Throw bill Nye in that trash bin of history as well.

Cara Santa Maria is far superior in every way, same with the Skeptics Guide folks.

https://www.carasantamaria.com/about/
https://www.theskepticsguide.org/

What did Bill Nye do?