Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fabricated posted:

I like how Ippo's former bully knows more about how to diagnose a concussion than Kamogawa and the other seconds at the gym

Haha Jesus i didn't even consider it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

At least Japanese jails are pretty nice.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Welp, I guess it is kinda true that Ippo committed assault there as an (boxing champion) adult against an underage teenager, and being open-hand doesn't change the fact he hit him hard enough to seemingly make him bleed a lot. Ippo is actually not being entirely unreasonable in thinking this is a criminal offense.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ippo will use samurai spirit to get out of this assault charge

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the police will hire ippo to fight crime

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Prison boxing

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Ippo has started his long and perilous journey of mastering the dark art of the slapsui no hadou.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
jesus christ ippo

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ippo realizes his calling is slapping the poo poo out of people, puts on weight and becomes the yokozuna

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
after reading the full chapter i can't help but think how disappointed his mom will be. she will probably say something along the lines of like "i thought you had become stronger"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Slapped all the oxygen right out of him.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Lamebot posted:

slapsui no hadou.

Hajime no Ippo: Slapsui no Hadou

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 17, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Ippo realizes his calling is slapping the poo poo out of people, puts on weight and becomes the yokozuna
Unfortunately he's way too short and gets sued for copyright infringement

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Ippo will use his head to smash through the prison walls to become this series unchained

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Riki Oh prison arc coming up

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
These chapters just made me rewatch Rocky 5.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Rare insightful Reddit comment:

quote:

He also very deliberately raises his arm, essentially warning Taihei that he's gonna do it.

So in less time than it took for Taihei to raise his arms from his waist to his face after being warned, Ippo swung his entire outstretched non-dominant arm all the way in front of him while wearing training weights. Jesus christ, even comparing that to my slow asf guard time, getting hit by something with that much weight and angular velocity would be akin to getting mauled by a bear. But given that Taihei is semi trained it must have hit even harder than that, and this is Ippo showing restraint. gently caress.

I forgot about the training weights, that slap must have felt like getting hit with a log.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Taihei is actually dead and the series is better for it

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Non-dominant hand nothing, that's his Liver Blow hand.

kwokkie
Jan 19, 2011

Being a dumbass is the best form of defence.
I would have liked to see a liver slap, gazelle slap, followed by a barrage of dempsey slaps.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

kwokkie posted:

I would have liked to see a liver slap, gazelle slap, followed by a barrage of dempsey slaps.

That would be ACTUAL murder and Ippo would actually be justified in wanting to turn himself in.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Imagine Tahei not going down after the slap and then the theme starts playing and Ippo does a Dempsey Slap

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

TaurusOxford posted:

That would be ACTUAL murder and Ippo would actually be justified in wanting to turn himself in.

I mean, Ippo is justified in wanting to turn himself in even if it was just a slap, because goddamn, he sent him flying and bloodied and ended up unconscious.

I don't think Ippo will go to prison, someone, maybe the brother, will convince Tahei to not place charges or something like that, but man, Ippo's mom is going to be dissapointed, and that will break Ippo more than going to prison.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Taihei will either continue to be a piece of poo poo and report Ippo, or he'll be like "Wow that was cool" or humbled or something and not report him.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
one direction i really would like the story to go is tahei apologizes and starts taking boxing seriously

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

tbp posted:

one direction i really would like the story to go is tahei apologizes and starts taking boxing seriously

Isn't this by far the most likely outcome?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 1244 is out.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i like that moment where all the boxers prepare themselves to have to do an entire final fight on whatever might be loving with ippo

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Itagaki's still obsessed with seeing what Ippo's like when he's angry? And here I thought Morikawa had forgotten about that little storyline.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

You know, I was holding out hope that this would become about Ippo training someone to a title. He's going to come out of retirement soon isn't he?

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Shadow Oxygen Ippo (Blanco) will win a loving prison tournament

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

You know, I was holding out hope that this would become about Ippo training someone to a title. He's going to come out of retirement soon isn't he?

Takamura knows that this is what Ippo needs to be world-class level, basing this off the single frame of his eye. Tapping into the monster and coming out of retirement is my bet. Maybe some early issues adapting to it or fighting too violently because of it etc

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Looks like all Ippo needed to up his Boxing level was to hit a child.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
How is Ippo going to be able to tap into his monster form? Do all of his future opponents have to disrespect the coach's training gloves in some way?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
His brain becomes so broken he believes that everyone in the ring has sullied the training gloves, creating an unstoppable juggernaut

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

DeadBonesBrook posted:

How is Ippo going to be able to tap into his monster form? Do all of his future opponents have to disrespect the coach's training gloves in some way?

Ah, pulling an O'Connor

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Just gotta have the coach drop them before the match and bam get him fired up. Also didn't think the "monster" plot would be brought up. I doubt Ippo will go through with it though. I mean he's heading for jail right now so what would convince him..err actualy Taka probably would do it like acknowledging that Ippo finally is learning what it means to "box" like him.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
now all that's needed is for coach to die and Ippo's comeback will be in full swing

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The best base for combat sports has always been child abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Takamura's been seen hitting kids asking him for an autograph, so it checks out.