Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'm a hundred hours in, completed over a hundred shrines, and there are still sizable chunks of the map I've never set foot in. I still haven't come across the Goron golf course yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

indigi posted:

I'm a hundred hours in, completed over a hundred shrines, and there are still sizable chunks of the map I've never set foot in. I still haven't come across the Goron golf course yet.

*looks up from 150-hour save file* the what

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I didn’t see my first bear until like 200+ hours

Game is real big y’all

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

indigi posted:

I was the same but with the snowball bowling game everyone said made tons of rupees.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Game is real big y’all

I got killed by one early then didn't see one till after 200 hours when two motherfuckers riding bears attacked me in a snowstorm

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kaysette posted:

I was the same but with the snowball bowling game everyone said made tons of rupees.

I thought snowball bowling was referring to that one shrine where you have to break down the doors

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Game is real big y’all

I saw one pretty early on near the Dueling Peaks stable but I ran away thinking it would one shot me.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Weedle posted:

*looks up from 150-hour save file* the what

You can find it at the bottom of the southern part of Tanagar Canyon

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I saw my first bear around hour five. Snuck up on it and rode it like a horse on my first try.

I've only seen a couple more since then (beat it after 100+ hours on WiiU, restarted on Switch a few months later), and have never successfully ridden one again. Mostly I get mauled.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

I've made a dent.

Game is good; they did a really great job making all of the traversal feel satisfying, and the rain looks incredible.

Collected maybe about 1/6th of the map? Dis game is pretty big.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

where is footraces in this game?

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'd say BOTW's the worst among all 3D Zelda's, since it's the only 3D Zelda where while I played it though "Wow, this hand to hand combat sure does suck and really isn't that fun."

i'm just playing skyrim on the switch for the first time. talk about horrible combat. Botw is pretty good.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

alf_pogs posted:

where is footraces in this game?
It's on the slopes of a mountain named after the king. Probably mt rhoam. It's somewhere due north of the great plateau, can't remember exactly where.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Amppelix posted:

It's on the slopes of a mountain named after the king. Probably mt rhoam. It's somewhere due north of the great plateau, can't remember exactly where.

thats great - more than enough info for me to find em. thanks!!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I'm sorry wait what footraces????

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Skippy McPants posted:

what the heck is the name of this app!!

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

But Not Tonight posted:

what the heck is the name of this app!!

Looks like the BreathCompanion app.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

MokBa posted:

I'm sorry wait what footraces????

North of Mount Rhoam.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

I know the thread threw you shade for wanting to guidebook your way through the game, but now I'm entertained by these occasional updates showing you chiseling away at the map. Goonspeed. :patriot:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Yep, you’re enjoying it a lot more than I thought and said you would

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Oh yeah, there's one last tip that nobody gave you. Feel free to sell gems, especially the expensive ones 💎 There are some places in the game where you'll want to have a few, but you'll want the cash more.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I remember looking it up and jotting it down and IIRC I don't think you need more than like 20-ish of each for everything, Zora trident rebuilding aside.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

yeah later on you might want gems to craft stuff, but early-mid game they’re probably the best money source

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Has anyone actually bothered to reforge a champion weapon. I never felt like it was worth a diamond since they last the same 15 or whatever swings as everything else

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I did so I could put them up on my wall. Or more specifically the Trident since it was the only one I used because it was the only one on pace with my power at the time I got it.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the champion weapons should have been unbreakable or at least super durable

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

b_d posted:

Has anyone actually bothered to reforge a champion weapon. I never felt like it was worth a diamond since they last the same 15 or whatever swings as everything else

I kept reforging Daruk's so I could farm taloses without wasting my cool Lynel bashing weapons.

But now I'm too rich to care.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
I used the ruto champion bow a lot after getting it. I saved 5-shots for tougher encounters and royal/knight's bows for weak things, but the champion bow got the most use for everything else and I ended up reforging it a few times.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Carlosologist posted:

the champion weapons should have been unbreakable or at least super durable
Or on an auto-repair cooldown like the Master Sword.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
That could have been the DLC reward, rather than faster cooldowns on their abilities. Though having that many unbreakable weapons would have wrecked the treadmill of the game a bit.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Robot Hobo posted:

Or on an auto-repair cooldown like the Master Sword.

or even if you needed to bring it to get repaired each team it broke. like make it gold star durable and when it breaks the shards go to your inventory. then you pay 500 rupees to get it reforged

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dictator. posted:

i'm just playing skyrim on the switch for the first time. talk about horrible combat. Botw is pretty good.

Ok, you got my there, nothing is worse then real-time combat in a Bethesda title.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

s.i.r.e. posted:

Ok, you got my there, nothing is worse then real-time combat in a Bethesda title.

also, not hating on skyrim cause it's way older and still holds up, but it makes me appreciate BotW more in terms of playability.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s a little bit of a thing in Ocarina and Twilight Princess as well but BOTW is definitely the horniest Zelda.

Argue posted:

New thread title please

Thanks to VideoGames for making this happen.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

MokBa posted:

Thanks to VideoGames for making this happen.

Now I have two thread titles with dumb poo poo I’ve said.:)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

fukkin lmao

https://twitter.com/Juntendo_Sw/status/1066343040581681154

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This is incredible.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh my loving god.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

The Looney Tunes theme played in my head when this video finished for some reason. All that was missing was Link yelling "Meep meep!" and running off in the opposite direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

That must have taken a few saves to get it perfect