Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

mods changed my name posted:

I want rudder pedals to go with my x56

edit: x4 currently doesn't support trackir :negative:

Huh - well, can I get by with mouse and keyboard, or do I need to bust out the hotas for x4? Just bought it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

TCD posted:

Huh - well, can I get by with mouse and keyboard, or do I need to bust out the hotas for x4? Just bought it

m/kb should be fine

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Godholio posted:

I watched a couple of the steam videos because I'd never heard of this and it got me really loving interested. Then I found out there's not even a co-op mode. :geno:

Well I have good news for you! Have you heard about a little game called Star Citizen???

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
https://twitter.com/TheIndigoGaming/status/1068613090869211137

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

lol jesus

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7xTAnUCLek

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Dec 1, 2018

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So I got a copy of BLOPS 4 with my new processor. loving :lol: there's a memory leak issue that's known and over a month old that they still haven't fixed. Like can't even launch a game without it crashing on me. As of right now, the fix is to either let your drive have a massively big page file, or free up memory that's on standby.

It's like BF and COD switched places this year, christ.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

So I got a copy of BLOPS 4 with my new processor. loving :lol: there's a memory leak issue that's known and over a month old that they still haven't fixed. Like can't even launch a game without it crashing on me. As of right now, the fix is to either let your drive have a massively big page file, or free up memory that's on standby.

No way they still haven't fixed that?

I think BLOPS 4 is a great entry in the series but I'm super not in the mood for competitive FPS lately. BF games are a lot more chill by comparison.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
so what is the scoop on BF5? I could go for some battlefielding the but the last one I could get into was 3. The second Battlefield 1 seemed ok but it was just atrocious on ps4 so I gave up, plus I didn't have anyone to play with.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

so what is the scoop on BF5? I could go for some battlefielding the but the last one I could get into was 3. The second Battlefield 1 seemed ok but it was just atrocious on ps4 so I gave up, plus I didn't have anyone to play with.

Do the 7-day free trial for Origins Access that comes with 10 hours of BFV. I think DICE really needed to put a lot of effort into making the new game interesting in order to revitalize the series but they ended up kind of phoning it in.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't have the energy to focus on playing BF/COD/Titanfall/etc. at the level I used to do when I was in school. I pushed BF4 hard and I don't think I could remotely come close to that now.

I'm waiting for the next Path of Exile league to start on the 7th, which will occupy a solid 6-7 weeks of my time easily. Hitman 2 is real good but I don't find a compelling reason to keep playing it. Like I'll do a mission and just stop playing it for a few days.

I would start up a game of Fallout 4, which has been my premier gapfiller time waster for years, but I have to do a fresh reinstall/redownload of mods and that's like a two day event in itself.

edit: apparently the new hotness in FO76 is a weightless equipment glitch, and you can crash the server if you have too much on you and hit 'discard all'

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 1, 2018

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I'm playing on PC, so keep that in mind, but I'm really enjoying it thus far. Already have put more hours into it than I did for BF1. The weapons are a ton of fun, medics are restricted to SMGs so you don't get the quasi-sniper thing going on. They've removed 3D spotting for the most part which makes the game a TON more fun to play when people aren't just plinking at Doritos on the horizon. It's also awesome because you can actually flank around positions on the map and hide in cover to good effect. I feel like with the 3D spotting in 3/4/1, you couldn't really do that because all someone had to do was look in your general direction and spam Q. Spotting is still present, but it's a lot more nuanced (only support and recon can do it, and even then, they're limited to how they can do it).. Also the spot only lasts for a few seconds at most. The maps for the most part are pretty fun.

It's on sale at Target and BB right now for 30 bucks I believe, which is pretty good.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm playing on PC, so keep that in mind, but I'm really enjoying it thus far. Already have put more hours into it than I did for BF1. The weapons are a ton of fun, medics are restricted to SMGs so you don't get the quasi-sniper thing going on. They've removed 3D spotting for the most part which makes the game a TON more fun to play when people aren't just plinking at Doritos on the horizon. It's also awesome because you can actually flank around positions on the map and hide in cover to good effect. I feel like with the 3D spotting in 3/4/1, you couldn't really do that because all someone had to do was look in your general direction and spam Q. Spotting is still present, but it's a lot more nuanced (only support and recon can do it, and even then, they're limited to how they can do it).. Also the spot only lasts for a few seconds at most. The maps for the most part are pretty fun.

It's on sale at Target and BB right now for 30 bucks I believe, which is pretty good.

I'll try the PC trial probably, sounds like a good way to see if its for me. The spotting changes seem nice. Can I stuka poo poo? I hope the evil SJWs havent ruined the series!!

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

I hope the evil SJWs havent ruined the series!!

I like how fans freaked out about BF5 letting you play as a woman and DICE just being like "Yeah, we don't really care if you're upset about it. Don't play it."

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Mustang posted:

I like how fans freaked out about BF5 letting you play as a woman and DICE just being like "Yeah, we don't really care if you're upset about it. Don't play it."

It is telling how easy that response is yet other developers kow-tow to their fans’ worst desires or tie themselves in rhetorical knots.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Mustang posted:

Yeah, the people crying about historical accuracy could give a gently caress about historical accuracy. And I'm glad DICE told them to loving deal.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Doesn't stop fuckers from complaining in map chat in game about WOMEN IN WWII

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

orange juche posted:

Doesn't stop fuckers from complaining in map chat in game about WOMEN IN WWII

I wanna blow their stupid gamer minds by pointing out there were thousands of Soviet women soldiers and airmen. Not to mention all the women resistance fighters in the West.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Handsome Ralph posted:

I get you got it free, but COD has never been good or properly supported on PC

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
oh goddamnit

i'm looking at doing another fallout 4 run

either that or getting darksiders 3

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

You know there's the Battletech DLC that just came out....

I've got a Cyclops now with a battle computer that gives everyone +1 initiative. It stacks with master tactician. That means I have three King Crabs running around going WOOP :zoid: WOOP :zoid: WOOP :zoid: WOOP :zoid: WOOP :zoid: WOOP :zoid: all clacking their AC20 claws.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I started playing Fallout 4, spent a night modding it.

Survival mode is hard as hell, legendary enemies in the newbie part of the map one shot me. 2 or 3 raiders shooting at me at the same time will kill me in seconds. Pretty much have to go everywhere in power armor.

Was hoping to go through the game with a stealth/rifle build.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You totally can do a stealth/rifle build, it's what I largely do. Depending on what you did to it, starting out can be a motherfucker.

My recent adventures involved capping health (both you and the mobs) via Unbogus to certain amounts based off your base type + END. That lets you much more easily control damage incoming/outgoing and completely removes the 'what in the gently caress, why does this bloatfly take two magazines to kill' type bullet sponges.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The Rat posted:

You know there's the Battletech DLC that just came out....

I've got a Cyclops now with a battle computer that gives everyone +1 initiative. It stacks with master tactician. That means I have three King Crabs running around going WOOP :zoid: WOOP :zoid: WOOP :zoid: WOOP :zoid: WOOP :zoid: WOOP :zoid: all clacking their AC20 claws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mHKHKR8x6A

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't have much interest in the Battletech DLC because it doesn't do enough to convince me to reinstall it. Maybe when the next one comes out and I have two new things.

(I played the gently caress out of Battletech)

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Vasudus posted:

I don't have much interest in the Battletech DLC because it doesn't do enough to convince me to reinstall it. Maybe when the next one comes out and I have two new things.

the career mode is decent and you dont need to buy the dlc for it

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
THE SAGE OF THE BAGS CONTINUES

https://imgur.com/gallery/yr6tyhd

edit just click the linku

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

the career mode is decent and you dont need to buy the dlc for it

Oh it's not even a money thing, I just flat out don't have it installed. Flashpoints just don't seem like 'enough' for me to get back into it. It sounds lame as gently caress but I want something meatier to play the next time I pick it up, like uh...I dunno clan invasion or something.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Vasudus posted:

Its well worth it, and UrbanTech comes in Spring 2019.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i havent played a new zelda since...Minish Cap? whatever the capcom GBA ones were.

botw is crazy

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I get you got it free, but COD has never been good or properly supported on PC

The last COD release I bought on PC was BLOPS II, and it had issues but nothing remotely this bad.

Seriously, memory leak issues a month on are well beyond "lol, this gun glichted". I'm just glad I didn't buy my copy.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The BLOPS 4 port is an excellent PC port otherwise. It's really strange they haven't fixed that. A memory leak wouldn't cause the game to crash on load, though, so it sounds like you're talking about different issue.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nah, it crashes usually 5-10 minutes after loading. Tries telling me I ran out of either ram or Vram which is false.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i havent played a new zelda since...Minish Cap? whatever the capcom GBA ones were.

botw is crazy

The new Zelda is a loving great game. I don't even know what to say about it. Huge map. More whimsical than most games I've played lately, and is really just trying to be fun. Game is so broad that you can tailor it to your own goals for gaming -- you can chase the story if you want, you can fight Lynels and Major Tests of Strength and clear monster dens if you just want gamepad play, there are mini-puzzles scattered everywhere and a few dozen puzzle-dungeons, cutesy food crafting, and so on. I've finished 96 shrines and all the major bosses and really enjoy the whole arc of the game, even when you get super powerful late game

The world is so big and so full of wonder, you guys
huge part of the value of the Switch is this one game

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Legend of Zelda: Skyrim Edition

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

its exhausting

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
I really wish I could get into BOTW. I can tell there is an amazing game there and I'll give it another try one day but I just can't get into open world games like that. It held my attention for longer than the 30 minutes into every bethesda game I've gotten at least.

I'll try the PC trial probably, sounds like a good way to see if its for me. The spotting changes seem nice. Can I stuka poo poo? I hope the evil SJWs havent ruined the series!!

The first big patch is Tuesday which should help with a lot of the issues and game balance. I have around 50 hours played so I definitely got my money out of it but the game does feel like a small developer/beta at times. Co-op missions won't be out until January and Battle Royale until March if you wanted to wait to try the whole experience.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So I started playing X4. Trying to do some tutorial thing and I walk onto some big trade ship and... uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipps4BWkvVQ

also hax :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qnCYAyn5ww

ded fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 3, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/BethesdaSupport/status/1069713890806849536

loving lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

do they get to keep the 500 atoms tho, or get the bag if they claimed them