Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

revmoo posted:

day gay, so what

Fighter of the night gay, so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Mmm baby ya dick look so good in those sweatpants
I never realized that some guys think wearing sweatpants is a way to get women to check you out. In fact, I thought it was the exact opposite.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
You forgot the best response from 6 flags grandpa:

myclothesmybody posted:

I was hoping (and this wasn't why I started dressing that way) that his preferred aesthetic would change along with society. "Unflattering" clothes are definitely a popular choice right now for young women tired of having our bodies patrolled by the patriarchy (sorry to use the P word, but, oh well.) He always seemed progressive to me. I thought he would find this style sexy- not that his opinions were even on my mind when I chose to dress this way- but he should find ANYTHING that makes me happy/confident to be sexy. Sexy is not about how you look, it's about how you feel. I'm disappointed he apparently doesn't feel that way.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Not finding me dressing as a clown sexy is abuse

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

Danaru posted:

Fighter of the night gay, so what

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
*Vengabus plays as I enter the bedroom*

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
A woman I work with is in her 20s and at times wears the most mom-jeansiest mom jeans in the world. Is it a hipster thing? She also dyed her hear grey like an old woman.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Leon Einstein posted:

A woman I work with is in her 20s and at times wears the most mom-jeansiest mom jeans in the world. Is it a hipster thing? She also dyed her hear grey like an old woman.

That cut of jeans is occasionally a style trend for younger people. Just because it doesn't make your dick hard doesn't put in on the same level as 6 flags girl.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
High waisted jeans are back, if that's what you were asking.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Leon Einstein posted:

This is a thing now. The mom jeans and gray hair. I think one of the younger Kardashians did it?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

I never realized that some guys think wearing sweatpants is a way to get women to check you out. In fact, I thought it was the exact opposite.

https://www.oxygen.com/very-real/the-confusing-sexiness-of-men-in-gray-sweats

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

kimbo305 posted:

I'm not talking high waisted. High waisted jeans are fine. These are like the acid washed 80s mom jeans that are cut like Bugle Boys or Z Cavaricci.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Straight White Shark posted:

My (18m) GF (19f) Wears Leggings In Public, How Do I Get Over It?

I really really want to know what "mistakes" he's talking of. It's the difference between him being a super insecure baby for no reason, or sympathetically insecure.

I remember one friend that I'd always give poo poo for being a total weenie just like this guy, until one day we figured out it all stemmed from some hosed up things she said early in relationship, basically telling him if he didn't get better in bed she'd just go out and find someone better, and he just internalized it hard, even years after she apologized and changed herself for the better.

Or he could just be a huge stupid baby, which is probably more likely

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Einstein posted:

They see attractive athletes doing it and miss the part where they're not an attractive athlete.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If only more men would go the under armor leggings route for working out the women and a good chunk of the men of America will finally have their own yoga pants.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

kimbo305 posted:

Also I saw enough people wearing overalls this past summer, I assume they are back too. One day six flags grandpa style will flourish.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

You are correct

Athletic shorts are what he wants but his brain is soft so he'll never figure that out

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

I'm not talking high waisted. High waisted jeans are fine. These are like the acid washed 80s mom jeans that are cut like Bugle Boys or Z Cavaricci.

Yes they are back

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
big dick print in grey sweatpants is a Thing on black Twitter

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/a2hm3t/honestly_dont_know_what_to_do/

quote:

So about a year ago my wife and I moved out to Saskatchewan it was a decision made for many reasons job opportunity for me, cheaper rent then Toronto and openings in my wife's field as well as closer to my other partner. (We are poly.)

My wife hadn't worked in about four years and had a couple interviews but nothing panned out. Other then looking after our son she would complain that she never had time to do any house chores and that she wasn't a (50's house wife) i had been working nights for years in Toronto and our apartment was filthy if i didn't do all the cleaning and cooking. She is diabetic and was lying to her doctors about recording blood sugar levels. She was also caught shoplifting while taking care of someone else's kids.

We started arguing about it as well as my son's hearing aids. I'd put them in in the morning without any argument but when she got up late close to lunch he'd take them out and screamed when they got put back in.

On family day i had things planned we had a big blow up about his hearing aids. I told her that the doctors said he needs them in during waking hours when she said it was fine to have breaks without them.

She disappeared for 8 hours to reappear with my mil and told me they had contacted coffins services and were returning to Ontario and left.

I got Skype visits with him during custody (that rarely happen) and supervised visits when i come to Toronto (I'm just happy to see him)

We are coming up on the 6 months period of our custody agreement and she informed me that she has moved out of her parents and can't tell me where due to her roommates divorce. I have no contact information and I'm worried that without her mom supervision she will fall back into the messy ways and not putting in his hearing aids. And from what I'm told her roommate is afraid of her husband so i don't know what type of environment my son is being dragged into.

Also i believe its good for a child to be with thier mother but I don't trust her and I miss my son a lot and want him home

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
r/sex•Posted byu/ng102014

How do I become more sexually attracted to my obese spouse?

quote:

My husband (29M) and I (29F) were both healthy weights when we dated for 5 years then married. But now, after 4 years of marriage, he’s stopped exercising and has gained 125 lbs and I don’t find him attractive at all anymore. The sight of him naked or shirtless disgusts me. It’s an instant turn-off! I desperately want to enjoy our sex life. Orgasms are very hard for me as it is, and after 4 years of marriage, I’ve never been able to orgasm with him in the room, whether or not we include toys in our sexual encounter. I think this is because 1) we were still getting used to each other sexually our first year of marriage since we didn’t have sex before we married, and 2) he started putting on weight and getting big around the middle especially within 3 months of the honeymoon. He also sucks at touching and kissing me during sex, and we can’t get in a lot of my favorite positions during sex due to the size of his belly (57 inches) and hips (56 inches). He’s 6’0”. Having sex with him is like having sex wit someone and then adding a huge, plush pillow between the two of you; position-wise, it’s just so awkward to kiss or touch or get really close to each other. Foreplay is pretty much non-existent now because that requires enjoying each other’s bodies, and I really don’t enjoy anything about his body (except for his facial features - he has an attractive face - and penis. He has a really nice penis, even though his mons pubis is so fat and his penis has lost length as he’s gained weight). Can you think of any ways I could become more aroused by him when we’re in the moment, instead of letting my eyes and mind fixate on his fatness? No, cheater or divorcing are not options.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

On one hand this absolute catch of a woman is who you want partially involved in your childs life on the other hand you moved to saskatchewan so I assume youre actually a moose in a button down

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

CheesyDog posted:

r/sex•Posted byu/ng102014

How do I become more sexually attracted to my obese spouse?

lmao this is so obviously fake

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

La Brea Carpet posted:

This is a thing now. The mom jeans and gray hair. I think one of the younger Kardashians did it?

I'll wear high waisted jeans (I'm wearing them right now), but they're nicely fitted/not pleated, and my hair is still a normal blonde color. I'm to old to be a grey haired hipster in mom jeans.

Bamabalacha fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 2, 2018

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

bell jar posted:

lmao this is so obviously fake

Probably a fat man trying to ask how to be more attractive to women without having to lose weight

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My sister (41F) wants me to spend more money for the holidays than I (28F) am willing

quote:

Growing up, I lived with a single mom and two older sisters (10+ yrs older). My family has always struggled with money, living paycheck to paycheck, and often choosing conveniences over savings. I was not eligible for financial aid in college because my mom’s salary was deemed sufficient enough to pay for me, but I ended up taking out loans since she never had any money to give. After I graduated college, I was asked to pay $1000 in rent per month to essentially live in my bedroom, so I moved. I now live with my bf, have a steady job, and have gone back to school to hopefully get a better paying job one day. My credit score has reached 800, I have a small amount of savings, and I’m hoping to buy a house by the time I’m 35.

All my life, my family has done a big Christmas where the living room would be filled with presents. To this day, they still put a lot of presents under the tree for the 4 of us, and they even still put stickers saying they are from Santa even though we are all grown adults. Growing up I’d say they (my mom and sisters) would spend $2000+ for Christmas just so we had presents to open. It’s gone down in recent years but it’s still a lot to wake up in the morning (like 10+ gifts each).

I have been trying to tell my oldest sister that I would like to just give each of them a present, but she has argued that I should contribute to the Christmas gifts. I’ve been asked in recent years to contribute up to $300 dollars to help buy our mom and other sister presents. However, I keep saying I would like to just buy her a present myself on a budget that I’m comfortable with. My sister has called me greedy, rude, and thinks I’m messing up Christmas. Of course this makes me feel super guilty because I grew up being spoiled with gifts. However, I’d be spoiled with gifts once a year and then left hearing arguments about money for the rest of the year. And often during college they asked me for money to help pay bills. I don’t agree with the way they manage their money, and I feel like practically speaking I do not want to feel obligated to “make Christmas happen”.

I don’t know how to separate my desire to save my own money and have a secure future for myself and making my family happy. I told my sister that Christmas isn’t just about presents and she just continues to call me rude and she “can’t believe” that I would act like this.

TL;DR

Do I owe my family for all the years they spent their money while I was young to make the holidays fun and spoil me with gifts? Am I being greedy because I want to spend my money my own way and not contribute to the family Christmas plans?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Haifisch posted:

My sister (41F) wants me to spend more money for the holidays than I (28F) am willing

You have escaped the lion's den of poor money management. Do not turn around and go back in.

You might try explaining why you don't want to shovel money into the Christmas celebrations, but your family is absolutely going to be in 100% denial about their problems, so you're just going to be wasting your time, while they resent you for lecturing them. Just say no. By everyone $10 Starbucks gift cards, and move on.

Edit: Buy one $10 Starbucks giftcard, put all their names on the tag, and sign it, "from: Santa."

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

Anony Mouse posted:

My [22F] boyfriend [23M] hates my clothes.

aaaaAAHHHHHH

This seems like an obvious troll if you go and read their comments. Which is a shame because I wanted to believe.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Haifisch posted:

Kids get presents. We all have too much poo poo already.

1 of 3 sisters might not agree, but since their finances could be better, it was easy to bully through.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Anne Whateley posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, that is Claudia Kishi posting

not letting this good post get ignored

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Mukip posted:

This seems like an obvious troll if you go and read their comments. Which is a shame because I wanted to believe.

What do the comments say that makes you think that?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Pick posted:

I appreciate that heavy people are the one group of people who don't seem to get on my rear end about what I eat (in large part, turnips and raw beef). it's like we have an understanding that I accept them for eating a bunch, and they in turn will accept I eat like a dainty bear at a slaughterhouse trashcan

Feel like it's the total opposite of that and fat people you have to put up with in public situation (ie eating together in a work related context) are often very loud and huffy about people eating reasonable portions.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

Feel like it's the total opposite of that and fat people you have to put up with in public situation (ie eating together in a work related context) are often very loud and huffy about people eating reasonable portions.

I've literally never had that happen.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

ArbitraryC posted:

Did you mean to say your mom gets huffy about you not eating enough?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I have a friend that does the insane budget breaking Christmas thing and it is absurd. My wife and I exchange a few presents and we get presents for my niece and nephew and that is enough for me.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Pick posted:

Dunno what to tell you, I've heard it myself and have had plenty of petite galpals that encounter it on a super regular basis. Lotta americans think a healthy weight is borderline anorexic and they're not afraid to say so.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Like if I didn't know you were a girl pick I'd be calling you out on not being aware of this super common dynamic already, pretty surprised you've never experienced it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah, its pretty common to get told youre too skinny at a healthy BMI.

Thankfully due to my ability to do 5th grade math and some self control I can maintain a healthy weight even if Im known as the one who destroys comped dinners so its not directed at me very often.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

therobit posted:

What do the comments say that makes you think that?

You can never really know for sure but my bullshit detector starts going off when someone looking for advice immediately starts refuting and criticizing every last piece of advice given (and in a "no you're wrong" way rather than just "I can't because {excuses}"). I feel like someone that confident in their situation wouldn't seek advice for it.

Edited to add: like acting confident and stubborn on an absolutely absurd opinion is the basis for the majority of trolling I've seen, so I get suspicious whenever I see that pattern.

lizardman fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pick posted:

There used to be a 600 lb life thread that turned into "let's find what fatties are saying on reddit" thread that was full of bizarre persecution complexes, like very fat people getting mad when their thinner friends don't eat as much as they do. That actually showed up way more often than you'd think. Hell we've even had some posts in this thread referencing that kind of thing (like that one woman who became thin and her fat roommate kept trying to force-feed her extra portions of pizza)

Also 300+ lb people posting "the doctor told me that i'm underweight"

Eventually it got gassed because some people thought that a fat-person mock thread didn't belong on Something Awful

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 3, 2018