Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I think one thing that has really helped me like Giorno more in this is just his outfit. Typically I don't like pink with blonde hair but Giorno is loving killing it. It's a lot better looking than his typical blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

They're in the intro stage still so I'm willing to bet next bad guy will be fighting fugo alone, since everyone is getting their own little 1 v 1 to establish stands. After that I'm sure we'll be seeing more gio.

Has fugos stand even been brought up or seen? I don't know if it's in the intro but we know he has one since everyone does.

Maybe it's the other part of his jacket :o

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i still have no idea what fugo's stand is. we've SEEN it in the intro but gently caress if i know what the power is

i'm guessing his time to shine is in two episodes though, that seems to be the way they're doing it. which is great

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Do you think Aerosmith is strong enough to handle the weight of a full sized Narancia

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i sure hope so because then he can fly everywhere on a very small plane and that makes me happy

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's not really a spoiler but yeah there's gonna be a fight with a relative focus on each person early-ish on. the little feet encounter is definitely narancia's time to shine.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Thumbtacks posted:

i still have no idea what fugo's stand is. we've SEEN it in the intro but gently caress if i know what the power is

i'm guessing his time to shine is in two episodes though, that seems to be the way they're doing it. which is great

Yeah, the OP does a good job of letting you know the basic gist of Mista, Bruno, and Narancia's Stand powers. Giorno's is at least shown in the episode before we get the opening. Abbacchio and Fugo, though, have abilities difficult to fully convey with brief visuals.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

Honestly, thinking about it now I think this is one of the scarier stands in part 5 (so far)

Like how the gently caress do you fight a very small airplane with very real bullets that can blow up a car

well, you go tiny, and then you go on top of the car and jump into their pocket

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
it seems like being really tiny wouldn't do much good against being exploded, how did he escape the bomb and end up on the roof so fast?

i guess this is one of those jojo questions you're just not supposed to think about too much

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
he got tiny and jumped on the roof. you saw it happen

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

the bomb was already in the car and falling when he started to react

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

get tiny, get stand to throw you out of the car like a softball, dismiss stand then resummon stand in position to catch you, place yourself gently onto roof, dismiss stand.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Mimesweeper posted:

the bomb was already in the car and falling when he started to react

he got tiny

and jumped up on the roof!!!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
watch the 2016 film antman or something idk drat

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Or like, opened the door with his right hand, rolled out the door, shrank while falling, went back to normal, jumped up shank in mid air, land on the car.

use your imagination

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Expect My Mom posted:

use your imagination

no

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

JoJo is inspired by horror movies and horror movie villains have the power to teleport.

QED, JoJo villains can teleport when they aren't onscreen.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

JDRockefeller posted:

Joseph: English, then Spanish being a common language in the states.

Am I forgetting something or was Joseph only just immigrating to the United States during/immediately after Battle Tendency?

This reminds me, aren't the Joestars technically some sort of minor nobility? Would their titles persist across generations? Or maybe just end with Holly since Joseph has no legitimate male children? Or would getting US citizenship void the title somehow? I don't know poo poo about how this stuff works, but neither does Araki.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Joestars are minor nobility yes but Joseph could have surrendered his title when obtaining US citizenship. He wouldn't be required to though.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
What with the fire, George's untimely death, Jonathan's untimely death, George ii's untimely death, Elizabeth's disappearance, and the weird birthmark, the Joestar family is legally cursed now and loses all status.

Alternative: Jotaro's technically a Duke but Holly wasn't sure when the best time to bring it up was.

Alternative: Joseph lost his title in a poker game.

Alternative: Probably at least forty people were horribly murdered when Dio sank that ship so Erina's laying low to avoid awkward questions.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Am I forgetting something or was Joseph only just immigrating to the United States during/immediately after Battle Tendency?

This reminds me, aren't the Joestars technically some sort of minor nobility? Would their titles persist across generations? Or maybe just end with Holly since Joseph has no legitimate male children? Or would getting US citizenship void the title somehow? I don't know poo poo about how this stuff works, but neither does Araki.
I think the Joestars were gentlemen but did not seem to be affiliated with the 1st Baronet of Joestar so they might have just been wealthy landlords. In fact, Joseph himself was a wealthy landlord in America. As I recall part of why Jotaro went to Morioh was to talk to Josuke about the inheritance.

I'm not a lawyer but Josuke presumably could have had legal standing to get a piece off of Joseph's money if Joseph had fallen into a hole. Matters would have been potentially complicated by both of Joseph's children residing in a foreign country.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
So now that Narancia's stand is officially revealed, I just want to say:

Dude looks like a lady.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Archenteron posted:

So now that Narancia's stand is officially revealed, I just want to say:

Dude looks like a lady.

I showed a good friend of mine a clip of the boat torture dance. He knows nothing about Jojo and said "why did I just watch three homosexuals dancing in front of a severed head?"

Needless to say he's starting from part 1.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/nekomalovebot/status/1069309331030663170

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mimesweeper posted:

I showed a good friend of mine a clip of the boat torture dance. He knows nothing about Jojo and said "why did I just watch three homosexuals dancing in front of a severed head?"

Needless to say he's starting from part 1.

I don't think that'll exactly give him an explanation of that scene in particular, but it should at least show him that having several homosexuals on-screen doing varied poses is just what you should expect of JoJo in general.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I left out a lot of the story, but the short version is he thought it was amazing and wanted to know more and I told him just start from the beginning.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I appreciate JoJo's attempts at normalizing what is generally seen as extremely homoerotic behavior and presentation.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Every time it's thursday night I wake up feelin so horny

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I fully expected cheese guy's Stand to just be fitting things in bottles and he shlorped into one of the sodas in the grocery bag

and I was riveted

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Alternative: Joseph lost his title in a poker game.

It was a coin game, actually. :v:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

yeah actually they will posted:

well, you go tiny, and then you go on top of the car and jump into their pocket

Luckily for him, Narancia is very dumb.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

RaspberryCommie posted:

Luckily for him, Narancia is very dumb.

You can say that about a lot of Jojo characters.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Marx Headroom posted:

I fully expected cheese guy's Stand to just be fitting things in bottles and he shlorped into one of the sodas in the grocery bag

and I was riveted

I was confused and thought you were talking about Fugo because he is dressed as a cheese

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

David D. Davidson posted:

You can say that about a lot of Jojo characters.

yeah but there's dumb and then there's Designated Dumb and narancia kind of halfway fits that role

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Is Designated Dumb like Polnareff and his bathroom troubles and is normal dumb like Avdol not knowing about most modern-day conveniences?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
We've known these violent chucklefucks for, like, three hours at best but it's pretty obvious to me that Narancia's an idiot.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

polnareff is the designated clown of the group in part 3 which is about as much as we get on that front

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What was dumb about Avdol?

Also, Kakyoin was probably the smartest member of the group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
normal dumb is fugo slamming staples into mista's gut to fix him up and mista thinking it looked cool

The Dumb Guy is Narancia straight up not paying attention when's being told what he needs to do