Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Patware posted:

that made me do some searching and now i know that araki drew naruto once and that's gonna take a while to process

Oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'd like a copy of the book that Araki wrote about horror, not because I can read it or anything but because the sketches I've seen from it were pretty cool and it was neat seeing Araki's various doodles of horror movie stuff

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Patware posted:

that made me do some searching and now i know that araki drew naruto once and that's gonna take a while to process
a lot of mangakas draw fanart of other mangakas characters so like.....I don't see what your boggle is here

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
there were posters in japan a couple years ago of an official outfit swap of Josuke/Yasuho and the couple from My Love Story iirc

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Expect My Mom posted:

a lot of mangakas draw fanart of other mangakas characters so like.....I don't see what your boggle is here

look at the picture and tell me your brain has a space for that, specifically

no poo poo people draw other people's poo poo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There's something weird about how Araki draws Naruto's hair, but I can't place my finger on it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The real question is if Araki has read Animorphs.

This is about what late Naruto deserves.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Patware posted:

look at the picture and tell me your brain has a space for that, specifically

no poo poo people draw other people's poo poo
it's just....araki's hyperstylized faces done with a usually pretty simple character? i just dont see the problem, it's cool

here it is in color

Electric Phantasm posted:

There's something weird about how Araki draws Naruto's hair, but I can't place my finger on it.
It's the realistic face + not the same effort done to the hair

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

see, i look at that picture and immediately start trying to process what the entirety of naruto would look like if drawn by araki

not written by araki because then it'd just be jojo, just drawn, with all the people standing across blasted plains in omni-color shirts replaced with Araki Fashion Standing

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
If Kars had a stand, I like to think it would be 「 QUEEN OF THE STONE AGE」

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I really wanna se Araki draw Luffy, I cant imagine how he'd make such a simple face look but he'd do something with that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

I really wanna se Araki draw Luffy, I cant imagine how he'd make such a simple face look but he'd do something with that

I imagine it'd look like a shaved Shanks gone through the renaissance art filter yea?

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

This is one of my fave Araki pieces. Just this extremely beautiful delicate masculine trademark Araki face and then like regular naruto hair.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I like how you can kinda see that araki started to draw a different texture for the hair next to the ear before deciding gently caress it, Lisa simpson now.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Oda's Jotaro is also very strong.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lol that rules

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yusuke Murata's is, unsurprisingly, basically 1:1 Part 3 era Araki.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Here's Kishimoto's.

There's one Kubo did of I think Polpo floating around.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And CLAMP did Jolyne of course

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

clamp comin in with the legs that can impale someone like usual

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

And CLAMP did Jolyne of course

Presumably the original Jotaro and Kakyoin piece they submitted was rejected by Jump for being too lewd.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Those are some quality JoJos imo.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Onmi posted:

drat, now I really want to see a crossover, like that DBZ-OP one.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Onmi posted:

That's basically just Mihawk wearing Jotaro's hat.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

There's one Kubo did of I think Polpo floating around.

i think you're thinking of this one

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Silver2195 posted:

That's basically just Mihawk wearing Jotaro's hat.

Ah, yes, Mihawk's final form.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Clamp Jolyne makes me think of pure strain 90's anime

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

God Murata is so good

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Clamp Jolyne makes me think of pure strain 90's anime

Clamp designs are cursed, don't @ me

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Wanna see Clamp's uguu-eyed Jolyne go full part 6 ultraviolence on a dude, not gonna lie.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Fight goes into next week. Sorbet's fate still gruesome.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

That entire flashback was added to the anime right? It was really cool. I hope they keep doing things like that.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Oh poo poo, the shadow chopping up Sorbet is Cioccolata, not Diavolo. Is that a new addition? I don't remember it at all.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Oh poo poo, the shadow chopping up Sorbet is Cioccolata, not Diavolo. Is that a new addition? I don't remember it at all.

All the manga had was some exposition about them finding Gelato and Sorbet, with no dialogue and all the execution squad members other than Fromaggio in sillouette

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Well it was a really cool touch, and sets up Cioccolata as being the one to do Diavolo's dirty work.

I hope they keep the line where Diavolo mentions he only uses him and Secco as a last resort cuz they're so gross and weird.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Well it was a really cool touch, and sets up Cioccolata as being the one to do Diavolo's dirty work.

It makes a whole lot of sense, really. Diavolo only seems to gut punch people to death, not chop them up into pieces, put them in frames, and mail them to people.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Secco is there, too, if you look on the right.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Liked the added scenes and giving the hit squad more screen time, but not enough Ghiaccio ranting about something completely unrelated.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I love how everyone is apparently just used to Ghiaccio screaming about nothing.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

And how everyone is creeped out about Melone

Yup very creeped out

boredsatellite fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Araki's original plan for VA was to have Fugo be a traitor that Giorno would have to take down, but that didn't sit well with him and he scrapped it and came up with Cioccolata for that instead, so he didn't even exist back during this part of the manga. :v: