Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Lambert posted:

I don't know if they did, but they are still critical of things. Just listen to the latest episode's take on Fallout 76 for proof.

Yeah I listened to that, I understand that they still can be critical of some things. I just couldn't listen to only them, I need a good balance of ultimate optimism and supreme skepticism/pessimism. Giant Bomb are my favorite podcasters at the moment, they just come across as 100% authentic, and that I can trust when it comes to opinions on games.

edit: I'm supposed to page snipe or something? I don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
is psn still down

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Oh, the Titanfall campaign is real short, huh? It was a blast, but drat I wanted so much more of the cool time travel stuff because it's the most fun thing I've seen in any FPS ever. But it's just one level.

Well worth four quid though. Anyone in the UK that doesn't have it, buy it now as the discount ends at midnight

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm sure I know the answer already but does d3 support any cross-play? My little brother wants to jam with me on PC or Switch but I'm feelin the ps4 ver, ugh

If there is it would be between the Switch and PS4 because the console versions have a sweet dodge roll that the PC doesn't have

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
D3 did not have the pull to make Sony reverse their policy and allow that, only Fortnite could and certain VR games because Sony knew they would be DOA if the player base was fragmented any more

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sony doesn't give a poo poo about PC and has always been okay with doing crossplay with them and only them. Stuff like Final Fantasy 14 and Street Fighter 5 crossplay just fine (and are console exclusive to them).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Console D3 is not crossplay compatible with PC because in addition to some mechanical changes like the aforementioned dodge roll and spell targeting, damage calculations are also completely different between the two versions.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

blizzard didnt even care enough to stop cheating in console d3 what makes you think sony is why there's no cross play

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sakurazuka posted:

Finished Spider-Man, it was pretty decent. Wish there was a way of getting crimes to spawn more often because that 100% all areas trophy is starting to be a pain.

I know it doesn't help with the spawn rate but as I started getting 100% in some districts, I would put a custom map marker in the middle of a district I hadn't cleared of crimes and swing around making sure I never got a certain distance away from the marker to help ensure I stayed in the district I still needed crimes in. For some reason the game doesn't have the typical notification pop-up telling you what area you're currently in or just entered. It'd be nice to have even though I'd usually toggle it off.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quote-Unquote posted:

Oh, the Titanfall campaign is real short, huh? It was a blast, but drat I wanted so much more of the cool time travel stuff because it's the most fun thing I've seen in any FPS ever. But it's just one level.

Well worth four quid though. Anyone in the UK that doesn't have it, buy it now as the discount ends at midnight

Short and sweet, very much like the chub you now harbor for a certain sexy roBoT companion.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hey all, best of 2018 is stickied at the top of the games forum rn. Go submit your top 10 for the year!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
God drat Lobok. jesus christ them skillz

I’m sad the discussion about Graham Linehan being a piece of poo poo didn’t gain more traction. he’s such a piece of poo poo

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
https://twitter.com/BethesdaSupport/status/1069713890806849536?s=19

This is nice to see, good on em for righting the ship.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
There's two timings they could have used, before being shamed on Reddit and after being shamed on Reddit. as with many other things about them, I'm confused as to why they chose the ladder.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

veni veni veni posted:

Some people also eat elmer's school glue but as a society we've collectively decided not to accommodate/enable them.

We don’t just accommodate them, we make them famous, rich and powerful!

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Samurai Sanders posted:

There's two timings they could have used, before being shamed on Reddit and after being shamed on Reddit. as with many other things about them, I'm confused as to why they chose the ladder.

I don’t see how a ladder would help, other than elevating their stupidity.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Short and sweet, very much like the chub you now harbor for a certain sexy roBoT companion.

The BT bits were good, it's just that the bouncing off of walls while traveling back and forth in time unloading a shotgun into scum while they yelled "where'd he go?!" were so much better. I want a 12 hour campaign of that.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Deadguy2322 posted:

:golfclap:

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Deadguy2322 posted:

Better than a chair or table for hanging yourself. You can get more height.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Samurai Sanders posted:

because if not enough people complained they wouldnt have to spend money. nobody ever does anything like this without a big enough public outcry

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Deadguy2322 posted:

People forget, ladders also help you descend

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

BisterdDave posted:

It might sound weird, but I trust jaded opinions more than "everything is always awesome!" attitudes. More cautious that way I guess.

This here. I've been following giant bomb for near 8 years and i appreciate how realistic and reserved their opinions can be. By contrast i got fed up with kinda funny after a few months because its just relentless positivity for each new thing and its tiring

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

CrRoMa posted:

This here. I've been following giant bomb for near 8 years and i appreciate how realistic and reserved their opinions can be. By contrast i got fed up with kinda funny after a few months because its just relentless positivity for each new thing and its tiring

I use to love KF, and then "the incident" happened. Stopped listening shortly after because they were just taking everything in a direction that wasn't for me. Gary Whitta is great though!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m sad the discussion about Graham Linehan being a piece of poo poo didn’t gain more traction. he’s such a piece of poo poo

you mean in the thread or in general? threads not really the place for it but his horseshit got more traction with that whole thing the other month, from what i saw. its so weird because other than his meltdowns over his transpobia he seemed like a pretty cool guy? and its loving hilarious how he thinks its some gamergate psy-op against him. but eh, maybe he'll figure it out and heal?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

you mean in the thread or in general? threads not really the place for it but his horseshit got more traction with that whole thing the other month, from what i saw. its so weird because other than his meltdowns over his transpobia he seemed like a pretty cool guy? and its loving hilarious how he thinks its some gamergate psy-op against him. but eh, maybe he'll figure it out and heal?

I know it's not really the place for it but it just would have been satisfying is all

Anyway, I'm linking to my post in the top 10 games thread because every single game on the top 10 is something I played on PS4 for the first time this year. This truly was a PlayStation year for me. PS2 still overrated tho hahahahahahah don't @ me

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Escobarbarian posted:

I know it's not really the place for it but it just would have been satisfying is all

Anyway, I'm linking to my post in the top 10 games thread because every single game on the top 10 is something I played on PS4 for the first time this year. This truly was a PlayStation year for me. PS2 still overrated tho hahahahahahah don't @ me

I'm enjoying the PS4 thread contributions and yeah so many PS4 exclusives outside of a couple of CRPGs and poo poo which are also on PS4.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Escobarbarian posted:

This truly was a PlayStation year for me. PS2 still overrated tho hahahahahahah don't @ me

Your #1 is a remake of a PS2 game. Nice.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

qbert posted:

Your #1 is a remake of a PS2 game. Nice.

oh poo poo. stupid bideo james!!!!!!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Majima you're loving killing me just talk for once god damnit

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Kilometers Davis posted:

Is that true? If so I might start listening to that podcast. I’ve been wanting a gaming podcast like that. DLC is somewhat close because Jeff Cannata is a nice dad gamer.

You should definitely give Easy Allies a listen! I think you'll like em, especially Michael Huber.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Is there a store bug going on today or something?

I just received an e-mail that funds had been added to my wallet and I had purchased DQ 11 and Secret of Mana. There are $107 in charges on my credit card to match.

I changed my PS4 password immediately, but I can't call them because they say phone support is closed even though it says on their site they are open til 8 PM Pacific??

My wife also pointed out that she's still logged in on her web client to PSN so I mean I dunno if changing the password even locked anyone hacking me or whatever out. That seems like a really weird hack though, to just buy two games on my account? Does PSN even have gifting like steam?

Anyway what are my odds of getting a refund here, assuming that I'm obviously not going to download the games or anything? Should I wait til Sony is able to be contacted or do a charge back?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Stefan Prodan posted:

Is there a store bug going on today or something?

I just received an e-mail that funds had been added to my wallet and I had purchased DQ 11 and Secret of Mana. There are $107 in charges on my credit card to match.

I changed my PS4 password immediately, but I can't call them because they say phone support is closed even though it says on their site they are open til 8 PM Pacific??

My wife also pointed out that she's still logged in on her web client to PSN so I mean I dunno if changing the password even locked anyone hacking me or whatever out. That seems like a really weird hack though, to just buy two games on my account? Does PSN even have gifting like steam?

Anyway what are my odds of getting a refund here, assuming that I'm obviously not going to download the games or anything? Should I wait til Sony is able to be contacted or do a charge back?

Accounts can get 'hacked'.

1.Make sure your ps4 is still set to primary.
2. 2step on
3. Change password.
4. Talk to chat in morning

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Deadguy2322 posted:

You can use it to get off their backs

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

Accounts can get 'hacked'.

1.Make sure your ps4 is still set to primary.
2. 2step on
3. Change password.
4. Talk to chat in morning

Okay I figured it out!

Apparently I didn't realize that the dual shock can both be connected to a PS4 and a PC at a the same time?

So I plugged it into my computer to use for poo poo, must have accidentally hit the PS4 button, and all my inputs were going downstairs to my PS4 also?

So I guess I didn't get hacked but hopefully they will still refund me since I didn't mean to buy this stuff

it says online you can get a refund if you never downloaded it but when I went downstairs I had apparently already made secret of mana download :negative:

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Dec 4, 2018

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sounds to me like you got yourself some free games

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The charges were on their card

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah they aren't free I accidentally bought them I guess lol we'll see if I can get a refund

This is by far the dumbest way I've ever lost $100

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Feels Villeneuve posted:

as an aside, Ridge Racer 4 kicks rear end

R4 owns but that garbage controller they made with it was garbage

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Stefan Prodan posted:

Okay I figured it out!

Apparently I didn't realize that the dual shock can both be connected to a PS4 and a PC at a the same time?

So I plugged it into my computer to use for poo poo, must have accidentally hit the PS4 button, and all my inputs were going downstairs to my PS4 also?

So I guess I didn't get hacked but hopefully they will still refund me since I didn't mean to buy this stuff

it says online you can get a refund if you never downloaded it but when I went downstairs I had apparently already made secret of mana download :negative:

Weird. Were you using the PSremote? Or like using it on a steam game.

For remote play I've had problems with the USB wiggling and it hooking to the ps4 and I have to reset the program to get it back. But never had duel connectivity problems.

Ninja:not that I'd notice since I'm looking at a mirror of my ps4 screen, but it's down a 30 foot hallway and while it connects the lag is terrible.

Did it download the games? Dont download them so you can tell support it was accidental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I think firing up the game is the big no-no if you want a refund. I'd delete them ASAP just to make sure there's no danger of accidentally doing that.