Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Huxley posted:

Hold right on the d-pad teleports you back to town.

E: you can do that at any time, not just after you kill a rift guardian. In town you can use the giant glowing portal to go back to where you where when you ported out (in case you need to repair or whatever).

Hey that was helpful thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I can't believe I'm considering this, but I grabbed a Xbox one X and a 4k tv so I'm thinking about picking this up on Xbox, which will be my third Diablo 3 console to play on. Started on 360, migrated to PS4, and now this.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Big McHuge posted:

Just picked this up on the PS4 sale thing. I had played the original D3 on PC when it first came out, and I was hesitant about how it would feel on a console but it's actually fun! I've even nabbed an acceptable amount of legendary items during act 1. Are there any skills I should be avoiding completely as a Crusader, or is it pretty much use whatever looks cool?

There's no reason not to experiment. If something doesn't work for you you can always swap it out then or later. You might have more or less difficulty with certain builds but most "meta" builds rely on sets you won't get until level 70 to be at their strongest.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

CYBEReris posted:

There's no reason not to experiment. If something doesn't work for you you can always swap it out then or later. You might have more or less difficulty with certain builds but most "meta" builds rely on sets you won't get until level 70 to be at their strongest.

To expand on this, do whatever you like until you hit max level. You can then complete the season rewards for a class specific set. Once you start doing this it may make sense to align to a build that works with that set.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

BigHead posted:

Hey that was helpful thank you.

To be further helpful, you don't have to hold it. Short press d-pad right is fine too.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Big McHuge posted:

Just picked this up on the PS4 sale thing. I had played the original D3 on PC when it first came out, and I was hesitant about how it would feel on a console but it's actually fun! I've even nabbed an acceptable amount of legendary items during act 1. Are there any skills I should be avoiding completely as a Crusader, or is it pretty much use whatever looks cool?

Turn on elective mode and just play around with the skills.

You pretty much build around the strong class legendaries that will drop. You'll know them when you see them because they directly augment some ability specific to your class in powerful ways. Then you look at your other abilities and try to build as much synergy as you can until stronger items drop or you get to 70.

Then you do your season journey to get your free set

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Playing on the switch and got bored of my necro who is at GR 70 or so I decided to roll an alt wizard. One gem of ease in a beastly two handed, hellfire ring and Leorics with a t10 ruby - lol this is so fun. First couple packs in a Master rift got to level 25. I think my favourite part of this game is the level 50 - torment 10 or so part. After that it’s persnickety grinding of specific gear thats slow and not as much fun but those power jumps when you’re a total god as you finish sets and gems are awesome.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

squirrelzipper posted:

Playing on the switch and got bored of my necro who is at GR 70 or so I decided to roll an alt wizard. One gem of ease in a beastly two handed, hellfire ring and Leorics with a t10 ruby - lol this is so fun. First couple packs in a Master rift got to level 25. I think my favourite part of this game is the level 50 - torment 10 or so part. After that it’s persnickety grinding of specific gear thats slow and not as much fun but those power jumps when you’re a total god as you finish sets and gems are awesome.

I really should just grind out some gear and make a beast of an alt instead of waiting for a power level.

I always forget about that drat gem.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Just came across my first gem horder. In fact, he just kept spawning over and over again.

Must have killed like 5 of them.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

squirrelzipper posted:

If you put a gem of ease in an ancient weapon (doesn't even need to be useful) and wear a hellfire amulet/ring you can start at t6 and usually be around 60 after the first rift.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
How do you get ancients? Do they only drop at a certain rift level?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Ancients are about a flat 1 in 10 for any legendary, Primal Ancients only start dropping once you clear GR70 solo and have 1 in 400.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Chain speed running T7 rifts if anyone wants to leach.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Good runs tonight Feenix. I got some great upgrades so I can likely push GR65 now. Hitting for 100B+ is great.

Just need my neck and cubed weapon for my necromancer and then the only upgrade will be gems and ancient items.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

m.hache posted:

Good runs tonight Feenix. I got some great upgrades so I can likely push GR65 now. Hitting for 100B+ is great.

Just need my neck and cubed weapon for my necromancer and then the only upgrade will be gems and ancient items.

Thanks for letting me run with you. I was a touch under capable so I just kinda trailed and mopped up leftovers.

So, I got a Jesseth shield on our first neph rift. Been looking for that. However, now I need to find/make or otherwise obtain a decent 1H weapon. Anyone have any suggestions? I only seem to find viable 2Hs.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Feenix posted:

Thanks for letting me run with you. I was a touch under capable so I just kinda trailed and mopped up leftovers.

So, I got a Jesseth shield on our first neph rift. Been looking for that. However, now I need to find/make or otherwise obtain a decent 1H weapon. Anyone have any suggestions? I only seem to find viable 2Hs.

Look up what a good 1H for your build is, make L70 rares at the blacksmith of that type of weapon, use 25x Deaths Breath at the cube to upgrade them to legendaries

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

Make rare 1haanded scythes at the blacksmith and use the cube to upgrade. Good chance it'll turn into Jesseths Main Hand weapon and you'll complete the set.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So just go have Haedrig make me a Rare 1H Scythe thingie. (Whatever Rare 1h Scythe he has...) then head to the K-Cube and "Upgrade Rare Item" and keep fingers crossed for a Jesseth. Yes?

[edit]

LOL, the first one I got was a Jesseth.

Should I re-roll for better? I got:
2643.6 dmg
1377-1714 damage
978 Intelligence
7.0% attack speed
1.3% chance to knock back on hit

Reduce cool down on all skills by 8%
+19 Max Essence
And of course the 2-set Skeleton bonus.

Is that on the high end, middle or low?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 29, 2018

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Feenix posted:

So just go have Haedrig make me a Rare 1H Scythe thingie. (Whatever Rare 1h Scythe he has...) then head to the K-Cube and "Upgrade Rare Item" and keep fingers crossed for a Jesseth. Yes?

Exactly, and then once you get a regular one you get to do it 100 more times until you get an ancient version

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dr. Krieger posted:

Exactly, and then once you get a regular one you get to do it 100 more times until you get an ancient version

100 more times referring to having Haedrig craft a L70 1H Scythe and then upgrade at the cube? Or do you mean I have to do something with the Jesseth to make it better?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Feenix posted:

100 more times referring to having Haedrig craft a L70 1H Scythe and then upgrade at the cube? Or do you mean I have to do something with the Jesseth to make it better?

The chances of of an Ancient is 1/100 Legendaries. Ancient weapons are the biggest next upgrade once you finish standard gearing

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

thechalkoutline posted:

The chances of of an Ancient is 1/100 Legendaries. Ancient weapons are the biggest next upgrade once you finish standard gearing

nah ancient is 1/10, primal is 1/400

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

thechalkoutline posted:

Word but what is the action for getting them? Does converting a rare into a legendary have a 1/X chance of spitting out an Ancient? Or do I need to take the converted Legendary and do something *Different* with it?

I guess I can google that. I just like talking shop with you lot.

[ed] in other news, whereabouts should I expect to get Pets, or more wings? I see people with horses and stuff..

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 29, 2018

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Feenix posted:

Word but what is the action for getting them? Does converting a rare into a legendary have a 1/X chance of spitting out an Ancient? Or do I need to take the converted Legendary and do something *Different* with it?

I guess I can google that. I just like talking shop with you lot.

[ed] in other news, whereabouts should I expect to get Pets, or more wings? I see people with horses and stuff..

I think the chance of getting a Leg/Ancient/Prime through upgrading is the same as the chance of it dropping, but I could be wrong about that.

Otherwise, you can reforge legendaries for a chance that they upgrade to Ancient/Primal.

Pets can come from a bunch of places (rare bosses, promos, seasonal rewards), but a lot of them come from the Menagerist Goblins. I've yet to see one on console.

Kamikaze Raider fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 29, 2018

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

nah ancient is 1/10, primal is 1/400

o woops ur rite

Also want to note reforging is really expensive and not on the same tier of efficiency as rare ugrading

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

thechalkoutline posted:

o woops ur rite

Also want to note reforging is really expensive and not on the same tier of efficiency as rare ugrading

It is, but it also guarantees the reforged item is the right item, whereas rare upgrading is complete RNG that varies by “how many items you can use are in the pool” (which can be abused for cube items, if you make a low level alt that’s at the lowest level an item can start showing up at)

But it’s also kind of a moot point because they use different items anyways, so you don’t really ever have to make an either-or decision

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
This is a bit specific, but I started playing the Switch version on my friend's console, with a profile connected to my own nintendo account. I just recently got a switch of my own, and linked it to the same nintendo account, which t hen automatically made my profile the name and icon of the one on my friend's, which is cool. I thought I read that characters will connect to an account and can go between systems, but I just bought diablo 3 and neither my seasonal or normal characters are to be seen. Is there an option or toggle I'm missing (says its connected to the diablo network and such), or is it only via the premium online service or what or was I just wrong or what?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

tin can made man posted:

This is a bit specific, but I started playing the Switch version on my friend's console, with a profile connected to my own nintendo account. I just recently got a switch of my own, and linked it to the same nintendo account, which t hen automatically made my profile the name and icon of the one on my friend's, which is cool. I thought I read that characters will connect to an account and can go between systems, but I just bought diablo 3 and neither my seasonal or normal characters are to be seen. Is there an option or toggle I'm missing (says its connected to the diablo network and such), or is it only via the premium online service or what or was I just wrong or what?

It's only via the premium service, you'll need to use your friend's console to back up your save to the cloud and then jump on your console to download the save from the cloud.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
That totally worked, thanks! Didn't know there was a specific place in the software options for cloud saving/loading

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Getting back into this after a year or so off. I'm playing on all consoles because I'm dumb and I like Diablo a lot. On PS4 I'm running a hardcore Necromancer this season. I just started a week ago and am at paragon ~250, comfortably running T8/GR35. Anyone else running hardcore this season and in the same ballpark? I'm looking to farm up the last few pieces of gear I need and then start pushing a bit higher and finish out the season journey.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
So I just bought this game for the Switch and am having lots of fun as Barbarian.

I tried looking up build, but none are Switch specific because it calls for stuff like using Rend and Whirlwind at the same time. Any advice on what I should go for?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
First, go into your game settings and enable Elective Mode. Then equip Rend and Whirlwind.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Neo_Crimson posted:

So I just bought this game for the Switch and am having lots of fun as Barbarian.

I tried looking up build, but none are Switch specific because it calls for stuff like using Rend and Whirlwind at the same time. Any advice on what I should go for?

You need to enable Elective mode in gameplay options, then you can map any ability to any of the six active ability buttons. You absolutely can use Rend and Whirlwind on the Switch at the same time, I am doing it right now. :)

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

YggiDee posted:

First, go into your game settings and enable Elective Mode. Then equip Rend and Whirlwind.

becoming posted:

You need to enable Elective mode in gameplay options, then you can map any ability to any of the six active ability buttons. You absolutely can use Rend and Whirlwind on the Switch at the same time, I am doing it right now. :)

:doh: Well poo poo, I had no idea that was an option.

Thanks, that solves all my problems!

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Picked this up last week while it was on sale and I'm currently doing solo GR56 with the sweep attack build. I'd like to think I can push to 70 for a chance at primals, but I'm worried that my survivability is going to start diminishing pretty fast pretty soon.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Big McHuge posted:

Picked this up last week while it was on sale and I'm currently doing solo GR56 with the sweep attack build. I'd like to think I can push to 70 for a chance at primals, but I'm worried that my survivability is going to start diminishing pretty fast pretty soon.

I suggest two options... either stay the course with the Crux build you're on, as from what I can see with the right gear it's a good GR pushing build. Or, make a monk, get it to 70, and then farm up blood shards / raise jewel levels on your crux while switching to monk and gambling your way into a SWK WoL build. 6 SWK and partially complete legendary loadout can get you kind of easily to T13 competence.

Anybody who 'just picked this up' or 'coming back and haven't played it since gently caress Jay Wilson launch era', really ought to experience the 'baby's first man-portable nuclear weapon' power that is a SWK WoL monk.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

5er posted:

I suggest two options... either stay the course with the Crux build you're on, as from what I can see with the right gear it's a good GR pushing build. Or, make a monk, get it to 70, and then farm up blood shards / raise jewel levels on your crux while switching to monk and gambling your way into a SWK WoL build. 6 SWK and partially complete legendary loadout can get you kind of easily to T13 competence.

Anybody who 'just picked this up' or 'coming back and haven't played it since gently caress Jay Wilson launch era', really ought to experience the 'baby's first man-portable nuclear weapon' power that is a SWK WoL monk.

I played when it first came out and it was frustratingly awful to progress and you had to hope for good rares and crafting because unique items were total dog poo poo. I played a monk then and enjoyed it, but it was too annoying to continue. Maybe I'll give it a shot and see how the class has changed since way back then.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Big McHuge posted:

I played when it first came out and it was frustratingly awful to progress and you had to hope for good rares and crafting because unique items were total dog poo poo. I played a monk then and enjoyed it, but it was too annoying to continue. Maybe I'll give it a shot and see how the class has changed since way back then.

Follow a few guides on how to efficiently suffer your way to 70 as a monk if you can't get powerleveled... it's all so different from back then anyhow, that you should just flush anything that counted for 'personal experience' from back then. The SWK WoL monk doesn't even really play like a monk should for that matter. It's better at being a wizard, than the wizard itself is my hot take.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

5er posted:

Follow a few guides on how to efficiently suffer your way to 70 as a monk if you can't get powerleveled... it's all so different from back then anyhow, that you should just flush anything that counted for 'personal experience' from back then. The SWK WoL monk doesn't even really play like a monk should for that matter. It's better at being a wizard, than the wizard itself is my hot take.

That sounds like a build where I'll die a lot. I'm not great at the kiting around and staying away from danger, I tend to just rush in and mash buttons, which is why the Crusader appealed to me when I started back up.

I killed Chilltara about a dozen times tonight, no gemstone. It's not that I am super stoked about doing the unicorn level, but it's a box I want to tick. I've been to the Vault a bunch, done the secret cow level, and had some truly bizarre nephalim rifts, including one that was all cows, one that had a ton of goblins and things called "clickers" and a few times where I ran into a room with like 10 goblins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Big McHuge posted:

That sounds like a build where I'll die a lot. I'm not great at the kiting around and staying away from danger, I tend to just rush in and mash buttons, which is why the Crusader appealed to me when I started back up.

You couldn't be more wrong. It's a build about murdering poo poo offscreen before it even gets to you.