Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/Levi_Davidson04/status/1070027578340036610?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Iron Crowned posted:

I like the one where 95% of ideal first dates involve the woman wearing a dress. I would suspect that comes about from a leading question, because what someone else wears on a date is the last thing I'm thinking about.

Thinkin bout that nut, my man :grin:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

post trump voters realizing that their childhoods never died under trump

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1070071249253093376

Strongman-type personalities are very appealing in times of socioeconomic or political crisis, as the population is less able to think rationally but is rather overcome with fear, or desire to draw strength from fantastical ideas. This happens to normal people in times of stress, or to people whose development has been stunted because of emotional injury. The problem is, the person who promises the impossible and states, “I alone can fix it,” and gives himself an A+ on his performance, is not a strong person who can deliver but the opposite. So Mr. Trump’s “base“ looks for someone to rescue them and their intense yearning does not allow them to see through his deception, while Mr. Trump senses better than anyone their needs (they are his) and makes use of them for his own benefit—even as he disdains his supporters for being so gullible. In this manner, they fulfill each other’s emotional needs in a mutually unhealthy way.

I love how that photo is just perfect - fat middle age white guy who is just completely full of rage

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

lmao i didn't see that one before.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

zegermans posted:

I love how that photo is just perfect - fat middle age white guy who is just completely full of rage

Farva

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

jordan peterson wants to socialize the means of reproduction bc violent incels can't compete in the slut-sharing economy

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/Communism_Kills/status/1069737448937144321

Ashley Rae still cold somehow after 1 year, 8 months.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This lineup for students

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I'm dead now.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

So i read what you linked (admitedly I did not click on any links within the link or read more into it) but that's not what I understand from this.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

https://twitter.com/Communism_Kills/status/1069737448937144321

Ashley Rae still cold somehow after 1 year, 8 months.

Another Jewish nazi-lover. What a curious pathology. At least it’s obvious most black conservatives are running a self-consciously transparent grift.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

"blankets are too cold to use" lol 1st world problems wtf is wrong with her

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I sleep under my JNA surplus wool blanket every night and it keeps me nice and toasty.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Dalael posted:

So i read what you linked (admitedly I did not click on any links within the link or read more into it) but that's not what I understand from this.

thx for your valuable feedback on canada's leading public intellectual

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
how dumb do you have to be to not understand a blanket. an invention fifty thousand plus years old

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005
that's not how blankets work

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

got any sevens posted:

how dumb do you have to be to not understand a blanket. an invention fifty thousand plus years old

motherfucking this

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

That post always kills me because I remember proudly explaining to my mom as a kid that blankets weren't warm, they just held in the heat your body made and she doesn't have the understanding of that that a six year old has lmao

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

W-why would a book lie to me?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

got any sevens posted:

the Native American Indians probably learned real fast

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Chief McHeath posted:

That post always kills me because I remember proudly explaining to my mom as a kid that blankets weren't warm, they just held in the heat your body made and she doesn't have the understanding of that that a six year old has lmao

poo poo that didn’t happen. that’s the thread you’re looking for.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

W-why would a book lie to me?

The best part is that the book even lies about who wrote it

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cacafuego posted:

the Native American Indians probably learned real fast

:holymoley:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Another Jewish nazi-lover. What a curious pathology. At least it’s obvious most black conservatives are running a self-consciously transparent grift.

Trying to get that temporary white status like the Irish

Dalael posted:

Peterson means whatever you want its a load of gish gallop everytime

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lol wait until he finds out that you can't pay for a meal with the swipe access card for your office

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

Lol wait until he finds out that you can't pay for a meal with the swipe access card for your office

Maybe you can't, pleb

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

let's get this thread back on track with Trump Regret

https://twitter.com/RockHoward57/status/1070319190861668357
https://twitter.com/Marine048561750/status/1070164633883947008
https://twitter.com/lib_tardhader/status/1070136319613911040
https://twitter.com/Yonnas/status/1070131423917559808

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The number of people who still believe that the wall would be anything other than an excuse for massive graft and an ineffective boondoggle is loving mind blowing.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
The worst part of regretful Trump voters is that most are regretful he’s not more successful at being a bad person, as opposed to those that come to a realization that his ideas and actions are bad.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

:psyduck:

How is it possible to pay this little attention to literally anything a candidate says or does

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747

VitalSigns posted:

:psyduck:

How is it possible to pay this little attention to literally anything a candidate says or does

this person is likely in a bubble and spent the primaries listening to fox insist that, no, actually, trump loves mexicans, he eats taco salad.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Trying to get that temporary white status like the Irish

They already have that among normal Americans. They've exclusively decided to hang out in the circles that have never allowed that status, which makes them all the more moronic.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Ayatollah Hermione posted:

this person is likely in a bubble and spent the primaries listening to fox insist that, no, actually, trump loves mexicans, he eats taco salad.

ok so they're retarded. You don't need the loving filter of FOX or CNN or whatever to watch the president speak and realize he's loving dumb.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Ayatollah Hermione posted:

so what changed? that’s what I don’t get. candidate trump wasn’t any less of a bombastic moron than president trump, and fox didn’t fellate him any more.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it's possible they personally got laid off. or something else shattered the brainwashing fox news bubble that they had fallen into

i mean thats whats supposed to happen as things get worse and worse. people who are comfortable get uncomfortable and then hopefully turn against the system that had been loving everyone below them and now starts loving them too

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

raminasi posted:

so what changed? that’s what I don’t get. candidate trump wasn’t any less of a bombastic moron than president trump, and fox didn’t fellate him any more.

When he's a candidate you can fantasize about what you think he's going to do, but when he's elected you have to contend with the reality of what he actually does. It's why there was the big letdown for us between 2008-era Candidate Obama, who was cool and good, and actual President Obama who was a letdown.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

also youre forgetting that there were plenty of actually good things that trump said he would do but absolutely lied about, like that he would crack down on the drug companies to make prescription drugs actually affordable, or that he would raise taxes on hedge funds (he promised to close the carried interest loophole), or that he would give everyone healthcare that was better and cheaper than obamacare, or that hw would beat isis and bring the troops home, or (of course) that everyone would get high paying manufacturing jobs.

there are certainly plenty of people who voted for him because he was promising big wonderful things, much bigger and more wonderful than any presidential candidate since at least obama in 2008

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/junglegreg08/status/1062604224628965376

https://twitter.com/Godzliltwit/status/1060418426479403009

https://twitter.com/CaptHorton/status/1067449398744031232

https://twitter.com/Randymackay5/status/1066811639385677824

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

:bisonyes:

:hmmyes:

:yeah:

:yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

also youre forgetting that there were plenty of actually good things that trump said he would do but absolutely lied about, like that he would crack down on the drug companies to make prescription drugs actually affordable, or that he would raise taxes on hedge funds (he promised to close the carried interest loophole), or that he would give everyone healthcare that was better and cheaper than obamacare, or that hw would beat isis and bring the troops home, or (of course) that everyone would get high paying manufacturing jobs.

there are certainly plenty of people who voted for him because he was promising big wonderful things, much bigger and more wonderful than any presidential candidate since at least obama in 2008

i dont buy this. yes, he inconsistently rambled about crap from time to time but that was maybe 15% percent of his stump. He talked way more about mexican rapists, banning muslims and jailing his political opponents. i don’t believe anyone who voted for him had any greater motivation than racism. his political career began with birtherism. his message wasn’t loving positive, it was all about racist fear mongering.