Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Axel Serenity posted:

Kefka should be hard because he was the best FF villain :colbert:

I kind of prefer Kuja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I kind of prefer Kuja.

:yeah:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I kind of prefer Kuja.

I came as a friend yet you greet me as strangers

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I kind of prefer Kuja.

:chloe:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Put Kuja's outfit in game Yoshi P

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Obligatum VII posted:

I legitimately like Sid, the huge doofus.

If you go back to Sidurgu after completing the SB Drk quests, he doesn't really understand what actually happened but lets you know that he's there for you anyway. He's the only one of the job trainers that actually feels like he's your buddy imo.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

The only thing my WoL has PTSD about is picking up chocobo poop for ungrateful NPCs and getting linkshell calls from Minfilia.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Leal posted:

Put Kuja's outfit in game Yoshi P

:yeah:

Veev posted:

If you go back to Sidurgu after completing the SB Drk quests, he doesn't really understand what actually happened but lets you know that he's there for you anyway. He's the only one of the job trainers that actually feels like he's your buddy imo.

What about the Bard guys? Or the Red Mage cat?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The AST and MCH crew were pretty cool. NIN guys are worth a mention as well.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I played through the Naadam solo trial and it was incredible.

Does SAM have many buttons? I have this weird urge to play through the rest of the MSQ as it but it's going to take me ages to be level-appropriate, plus I snagged Ifrit's Katana

Lily Catts fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Dec 5, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Schneider Heim posted:

I played through the Naadam solo trial and it was incredible.

Does SAM have many buttons? I have this weird urge to play through the rest of the MSQ as it but it's going to take me ages to be level-appropriate, plus I snagged Ifrit's Katana

Not particularly. A decent amount of them are mission critical, though.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I saw someone during the MSQ daily that had a nice Paladin glamour (they were obviously aiming for a more "realistic" and less "anime" sorta style). Had trouble getting a great screenshot of them (forgot to hide interface):

Great White Hope!
Nov 12, 2006

Cabbit posted:

Since the Diamond Rod is out of the question, anyone happen to know offhand of a BLM staff that would work well with the Sigmascape set?

The Heavensward Anima weapon. It's genuinely easy to get, just required a bit of time investment.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

I saw someone during the MSQ daily that had a nice Paladin glamour (they were obviously aiming for a more "realistic" and less "anime" sorta style). Had trouble getting a great screenshot of them (forgot to hide interface):

I love me the Cloth over Actual Armor look. Also did you tell them nice glams? Because that's very important.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Great White Hope! posted:

The Heavensward Anima weapon. It's genuinely easy to get, just required a bit of time investment.

Good call. I've been working on that on the side, guess I should ramp that up. Just gotta figure out the best way to farm seven billion poetics without a healer or a tank to speak of..

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Cabbit posted:

Good call. I've been working on that on the side, guess I should ramp that up. Just gotta figure out the best way to farm seven billion poetics without a healer or a tank to speak of..

Do the cutscene roulette every day. Also, I recommend the Makai brush for your BLM weapon. Either get the 4000 wolf marks for the dyeable level 60 version or, if you don't care about that, blow 100,000 MGP on the undyeable level 1 glam item. Be Relm.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
This is kind of a weird longshot, but does anyone know the name of one particular track? It plays during all kinds of cutscenes as a kind of general purpose intrigue track.

https://youtu.be/lYqD2sNn4N8?t=148

The video is from the Lv 60 Stormblood DRK quest, so be wary of spoilers if you click on it. It's time stamped to where the music begins.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ytlaya posted:

Captain Cappy posted:

I love me the Cloth over Actual Armor look. Also did you tell them nice glams? Because that's very important.

I'm pretty sure the coat's Orthodox Coat Of Fending (undyeable, drops from Aery), but it shares a model with the Dravanian Coat of Fending (undyeable, antitower/amdapor) and the Tigerskin Coat of Fending, which is actually dyeable and you can just buy off a vendor.

Gloves look like the Brand-New Gauntlets (the ones you get from tank training, undyeable but iirc there's a pvp set that shares model with it, I wanna say Warwolf set?)

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Dec 5, 2018

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Kuja's motivations speak to me a lot more, to be honest. Kefka's fun, but he is just a prototype magitek knight, turned insane clown. He burns the world down because insane clown. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Sometimes you just need a bad guy who's a bad guy because he's bad.

But Kuja's inferiority complex and later outright terror at even the concept of mortality ironically make him far more human, and more interesting as far as I'm concerned. Despite being an artifical monkey-man alien. He burns the world down ultimately because he's scared of dying.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
I've decided to leave the offsite forum offline for now because it costs money, but it is very rarely actually used by anyone, and gives newbies the impression that nobody plays this game any more. I'll probably put it back online in preparation for Shadowbringers if there's a need for it

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

offsites are for nerds anyways, real posters hide all their information in megathreads without OP links

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Feel like the discord makes it pretty redundant. It's active but doesn't move quite so fast in relevant channels like the LFGs that you'd want the relative permanence of a forum.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Ibblebibble posted:

The AST and MCH crew were pretty cool. NIN guys are worth a mention as well.

We are a silly squad, but we are squad nonetheless.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Kuja's motivations speak to me a lot more, to be honest. Kefka's fun, but he is just a prototype magitek knight, turned insane clown. He burns the world down because insane clown. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Sometimes you just need a bad guy who's a bad guy because he's bad.

But Kuja's inferiority complex and later outright terror at even the concept of mortality ironically make him far more human, and more interesting as far as I'm concerned. Despite being an artifical monkey-man alien. He burns the world down ultimately because he's scared of dying.

The moment where Zidane honestly admits that if things were the other way around, he probably would've done the same thing? Top tier.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hilda and her Hounds are great fun, and I hope I can summon her (and many other job quest NPCs) as a Trust soon.

SonicRulez posted:

The moment where Zidane honestly admits that if things were the other way around, he probably would've done the same thing? Top tier.

:hai:

CYBEReris posted:

Feel like the discord makes it pretty redundant. It's active but doesn't move quite so fast in relevant channels like the LFGs that you'd want the relative permanence of a forum.

:hai:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

DizzyBum posted:

Hilda and her Hounds are great fun, and I hope I can summon her (and many other job quest NPCs) as a Trust soon.

The initial unlock quest for the Trust system will involve a training session with Tataru. Nobody will ever unlock it because they will all have been accidentally killed while in training.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
The CNJ/WHM quests do not have nearly enough hijinx in them, the only good point from 1-60 so far is girl WHM trying not to freak out when she first leaves the twelveswood.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The SB WHM quest line is pretty good, at least

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I also like how his eccentric clothing is his way of trying to further distance himself from the rank and file Genomes who all wear the same thing.

He's also kind of a weird fusion of Xande and Golbez plot-wise, with a little Kefka thrown in as well.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Yeah, hes a very good mashup of motifs and callbacks. Kind of like FFXIV really.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
Anybody want to speculate on BLU some more?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I sure wasn't expecting the Trust system to be tied to Blue Mage progression. :aaa:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

homeless snail posted:

The SB WHM quest line is pretty good, at least

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by it. After the ARR and HW lines being actual diarrhea, I was expecting it to be awful, but Sylphie is fun and you get to do some cool stuff for once.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

Anybody want to speculate on BLU some more?

I wonder how Eorzea feels about polygamy.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Please don't gently caress cactuars.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Something about them being irresistibly succulent. I can't even fakepost Balmung material.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder how Eorzea feels about polygamy.

Actual lore on this albeit details mostly for Miqo'te. They do a lot of polygamy due to a massive gender imbalance with the main differences just being if the tribes are matriarchal or patriarchal.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

catpeople tribe lore is Bad

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

ChickenWing posted:

catpeople is Bad

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

ChaseSP posted:

Actual lore on this albeit details mostly for Miqo'te. They do a lot of polygamy due to a massive gender imbalance with the main differences just being if the tribes are matriarchal or patriarchal.

Only for Miqo'te that live the traditional lifestyle, and that's largely a Seeker thing. The U and M tribes (the only ones with an ingame presence) have their traditional lifestyles but there's plenty of Seekers of the Sun who don't do that thing anymore. Keepers of the Moon don't do the polygamy thing. Men just rarely stick around while the women form family units and stick together. They seem to have largely kept this intact with their integration with Gridania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah I didn't want to go that heavy but there you go.