Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Maybe Speculatius Duplo is over again, I haven't seen them in a while. You haven't missed much.

Also pretty bad is Lindt balls with Spekulatius. I guess it just doesn't go well with chocolate.

E: page snipe!

pidan fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Furthermore, Milka apparently cut down bar size by 10% down to 270 g last year and I only noticed by accident, because that the bars do not really look smaller.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Einbauschrank posted:

Classics since Mittelstufe! This brings back memories.

The "Läufer" Radiergummi was more often than not turned into a Reichskriegsflagge. Also, when watching Schindlers Liste, the teacher should not hand out "Rachengold-Bonbons" to a coughing pupil. It will lead to a breakdown of Schulordnung. And to a lot of "creative" slogans like "Schlomo Morgenstund hat Gold im Mund - *jingle* Sicher' Dir Dein Rachengold!"

A little bit more harmless:
I'm regularly driving to Stuttgart with my brother. Every time we pass "Untergruppenbach" it is custom to have a dialogue like "Untergruppenbach 2km voraus, Kurs halten." "Jawohl, Herr Obersturm!"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I had to bug a German friend to explain precisely what's going on here but now that I know, extremely :yikes:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lmao :yeshaha:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Germany Discussion: Not seriously intrigued anymore

Edit:

Einbauschrank posted:

The "Läufer" Radiergummi was more often than not turned into a Reichskriegsflagge.

Germany Discussion: Als der Läufer zum Stürmer wurde

Randler fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 5, 2018

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that entire post was like yikes

Einbauschrank should have ended that post with something pithy, like "And that teacher's name? Adolf Hitler."

Would have allowed us to imagine he's just a weirdo making really bad taste jokes instead of whatever the hell this was

Also my love for history books tells me it should be Obersturmbannführer. But maybe "Obersturm" is some odd abbreviation only Neo-Nazis use :shrug:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Wann i in Wean an Sturm bstö und da Ober bringtan, daun is des a Obersturm :rimshot:

e: I first put "rimjob" instead of "rimshot" there for the smiley by accident, and now I made myself laugh really hard

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Einbauschrank's school was in the news a while ago.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Spekulatiusduplo is bleh. Tried it, was very underwhelmed. Spekulatiustwix is more like it. Or, you know, just crumble up real Spekulatius and snort it off the floor like an animal

(Also: saw a restaurant Menü on Instagram that had Spekulatiushummus :magical: )

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Zwille posted:

Spekulatiusduplo is bleh. Tried it, was very underwhelmed. Spekulatiustwix is more like it. Or, you know, just crumble up real Spekulatius and snort it off the floor like an animal

(Also: saw a restaurant Menü on Instagram that had Spekulatiushummus :magical: )

I did not read that correctly the first time. :v:

Also, Spekulatius is overrated anyway. Lebkuchen will always be the superior option.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Perestroika posted:

I did not read that correctly the first time. :v:

Also, Spekulatius is overrated anyway. Lebkuchen will always be the superior option.

we have friends from back when it was in the zone, in Pulsnitz, best lebkuchen in the world imo https://www.pfefferkuchen-pulsnitz.com/gefuellte-pfefferkuchen.html

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

We joked around a fair bit about Nazis and all in 8th to 11th grade or so, but it was more like Galgenhumor about Germany's loving atrocious history or poo poo sounding bad (like the Hitschler Weingummis someone mentioned earlier), but none of it was along the lines of people commonly fashioning Nazi symbols or the whole class cracking jokes and laughing during loving Schindler's list, Jesus.

I mean, I'm assuming Einbauschrank was writing it in the spirit of "this is how lovely my class was" without spelling it out, because drat.

I was dumb as a kid too, but the Drittes Reich and NS ideology took on a much more serious turn for me during Kollegstufe and my Abi Kolloquium which focused on the latter. More serious turn as in actually starting to engage in proper activism against Neonazis and punching them and all, which is really what all good deutschbags should do.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Randler posted:

Germany Discussion: Not seriously intrigued anymore

Germany Discussion: Als der Läufer zum Stürmer wurde
Ist klar, dass du neue Fadennamenvorschläge hast :D Mich erheitert hingegen der Titel jedes Mal.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I'm just doing the "Thread Name: Lame Joke" thing. I don't think anything can replace our current thread title and what it implies.

And in this regard I heartily encourage our new mod Lightning Knight to acclimate himself more with our thread history and see how deep thread title rabbit hole goes.

Come and See! :kheldragar:

Edit: I have totally blocked memory that those anecdotes spanned multiple posts. :(

Randler fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 5, 2018

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Randler posted:

I'm just doing the "Thread Name: Lame Joke" thing. I don't think anything can replace our current thread title and what it implies.

And in this regard I heartily encourage our new mod Lightning Knight to acclimate himself more with our thread history and see how deep thread title rabbit hole goes.

Come and See! :kheldragar:

Edit: I have totally blocked memory that those anecdotes spanned multiple posts. :(

tl;dr

*boop* ;)

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Perestroika posted:

Lebkuchenherzen mit oder ohne Füllung?

Tread carefully.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Zwille posted:

Tread carefully.

This is Lebkuchen:

It can also be rectangular.

Some people have other things they call Lebkuchen and I tolerate that, but pictured above is actual Lebkuchen.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Randler posted:

I actually lurk both this thread and the French politics thread but alas, as I am an ignorant American who only speaks English, it is difficult to follow what y'all are talking about. :shobon:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

If there's one thing I wish on this thread for Christmas, it's Lightning Knight casting his gaze upon renowned expat-thread-contributor Oliwan :ohdear:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Hey guys, remember when our buddy Maaßen met with the AfD to coach them on how to keep their nazism on the down low, so they don't get put under surveillance?

quote:

Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz muss Auskünfte über Treffen seines Ex-Präsidenten mit AfD-Funktionsträgern erteilen

Das VG Köln hat dem Antrag eines Journalisten des Tagesspiegels entsprochen und die Bundesrepublik Deutschland verpflichtet, diesem Auskünfte über Treffen des früheren Präsidenten des Bundesamts für Verfassungsschutz (BfV) Hans-Georg Maaßen mit Funktionsträgern der AfD zu erteilen.

Verfassungsschutz has to answer journalist questions now due to a court order. :kheldragar:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Jens Spahn verkörpert als einziger der drei Kandidaten gleichzeitig einen Generationswechsel und die überfällige Richtungskorrektur in der CDU. Merz geht es eher um seinen verletzten Stolz und eine Retourkutsche gegenüber Merkel, Kramp-Karrenbauer setzt sich in der alles entscheidenden Migrationsfrage nicht von Merkels Linie ab. Beides wäre für einen zukünftigen Vorsitzenden unnötiger Ballast. Spahn hat diese Probleme nicht, er kann glaubhaft eine Erneuerung verkörpern. Leider ist die CDU noch nicht so weit, einen bekennenden Homosexuellen zum Vorsitzenden und mithin zum Kanzlerkandidaten in spe zu machen.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Überwinterungs-Chili-Update:

Kurz nach dem Zurückschneiden meiner großen Thai Chili habe ich einen Blattlausbefall im Anfangsstadium feststellen müssen. Dies versetzte mich in Rage, obgleich nicht in ein Maß an Rage, wo ich direkt nach der ~Monsanto-Keule~ greifen wollte. Ich googlete rasch Hausmittel gegen Blattläuse und fand das relativ simple Eingraben von Knoblauchzehen und Besprühen mit Knoblauchsud. Ich tat, wie mir Google befahl und vier Wochen später haben meine Maßnahmen nicht nur die Blattlausplage besiegt - NEIN - eine der in die Erde gesteckten Zehen hat sogar Wurzeln gefasst und ich fand sie vor ein paar Tagen glücklich am Spriessen.

Kredit wo Kredit ist düh, sagte ich mir und so belohnte ich die heroische Zehe mit ihrem eigenen Behältnis und verspreche diesem Faden hiermit unter Strafe von Füssilierung und / oder Balkonsturzisierung, dass ich sie großziehen werde, wie mein eigen Fleisch und Blut:

In diesem Sinne wünsche ich Euch allen einen schönen Abend und eine gute Nacht!

/ninja-Edith:

Ich bin nicht weniger froh, berichten zu dürfen, dass die Aufwände meines Chili-Züchtens im Laufe des Jahres einen ganzen Stapel Weihnachtsgeschenke zur Folge hatten:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 5, 2018

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013
Today I had Brötchen with Chia seeds and Quinoa. It was delicous. I'm afraid I'm becoming what I hate, an awful Hipster. Hopefully, I'm not turning into oliwan next. :ohdear:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

[...] Balkonsturzisierung[...]

Apropos Balkon: whatever happened to our Quotenschweizer?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Jens Spahn verkörpert als einziger der drei Kandidaten gleichzeitig einen Generationswechsel und die überfällige Richtungskorrektur in der CDU. Merz geht es eher um seinen verletzten Stolz und eine Retourkutsche gegenüber Merkel, Kramp-Karrenbauer setzt sich in der alles entscheidenden Migrationsfrage nicht von Merkels Linie ab. Beides wäre für einen zukünftigen Vorsitzenden unnötiger Ballast. Spahn hat diese Probleme nicht, er kann glaubhaft eine Erneuerung verkörpern. Leider ist die CDU noch nicht so weit, einen bekennenden Homosexuellen zum Vorsitzenden und mithin zum Kanzlerkandidaten in spe zu machen.

Bitte belege deine Zitate mit Quellen.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Zwille posted:

Tread carefully.

Füllung!

Oder diese Schokolebkuchen in Stern und Herzform ohne Füllung dafür aber dann mit viel Glühwein runterspülen.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Glühwein is garbage.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

bronin posted:

Füllung!

Oder diese Schokolebkuchen in Stern und Herzform ohne Füllung dafür aber dann mit viel Glühwein runterspülen.

:neckbeard: this guy gets it

E: real lebkuchen is good too but ehh. It’s like eating real bread when you could have toast. :v:

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

nach der ~Monsanto-Keule~ greifen

Roundup ist übrigens ein Herbizid und kein Insektizid. Du hättest zwar indirekt die Blattläuse getötet, weil du ihre Nahrung und Heimat vernichtet hättest, aber das war ja sicher nicht das Ziel! :v:

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Pand posted:

Glühwein is garbage.

All wine is. Beer and Whisky are the only acceptable types of alcoholic beverage. :colbert:

I still remember with horror the time I had to spend at the conference center in Luminy where the only beer available were cans from the vending machine and even that was quickly depleted. Of course, not getting drunk in the evenings wasn't an option either, so regrettably we had to stoop to drinking wine. Very sad!

Back then I also discovered that the French mathematical society has their own wine brand, because of course they do. :france:

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Pand posted:

Glühwein is garbage.

Mega agreedo. Alcohol in general should never be served warm.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Dommolus Magnus posted:

Apropos Balkon: whatever happened to our Quotenschweizer?

Ist immer noch da soweit ich weiß. Vielleicht sind die Schüler gerade recht anstrengend, oder er muss seine 541.623 Balkone vom Schnee befreien und hat deswegen keine Zeit mehr zum Pfostieren? :v:

Pand posted:

Glühwein is garbage.

Ich mag ihn, vor allem wenn er mit weißem Wein gemacht wird :(

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Perestroika posted:

Bitte belege deine Zitate mit Quellen.

It's from a book called "Randler& How to trigger him - a collection of Spiegel online comments"

Pand posted:

Glühwein is garbage.

Everything in that sentence is wrong

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

System Metternich posted:

Ist immer noch da soweit ich weiß. Vielleicht sind die Schüler gerade recht anstrengend, oder er muss seine 541.623 Balkone vom Schnee befreien und hat deswegen keine Zeit mehr zum Pfostieren? :v:

Geht garnicht, Pfostieren ist Pflicht!

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Speaking of Glühwein, can anyone confirm if what we’re calling Eierpunsch around here is equivalent to American eggnog? Because Eierpunsch just is the worst.

(I like Glühwein)

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

It's not the same. Eierpunsch is Punsch with eggs. Eggnog is made from egg yolks, sugar, rum and milk or cream. Eggnog is significantly less disgusting than Eierpunsch.

Eggnog is basically just Eierlikör with less alcohol.

Peggotty fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Dec 5, 2018

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

Mega agreedo. Alcohol in general should never be served warm.

Uhm, hello? Grog is actually amazing and doesn't want to be compared to Glühwein, tia

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Zwille posted:

E: real lebkuchen is good too but ehh. It’s like eating real bread when you could have toast. :v:

Are you implying that toast is preferable to real bread? :raise:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Why do students write so much? One essay will easily take me 45 minutes to correct ffs. Also, no balcony news to report except for the fact that I’ve relocated some pieces of balcony furniture to the inside of the apartment so as to protect them from inclement weather.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

cebrail posted:

It's not the same. Eierpunsch is Punsch with eggs. Eggnog is made from egg yolks, sugar, rum and milk or cream. Eggnog is significantly less disgusting than Eierpunsch.

Eggnog is basically just Eierlikör with less alcohol.

Oh, Eierlikor actually is eggnog? Awesome, I’ve been seeing it in Lidl and wondering.

Gluhwein is overpriced when bought from a market stall, but still good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Wengy posted:

Why do students write so much? One essay will easily take me 45 minutes to correct ffs. Also, no balcony news to report except for the fact that I’ve relocated some pieces of balcony furniture to the inside of the apartment so as to protect them from inclement weather.

Just give them a maximum page number where going above constitutes an automatic failure, and in der Kürze liegt die Würze anyway imho