Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Scomo claims his team is "emerging as an alternative government".

Um, buddy....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

South Australian Parliament toilets 'significantly soiled' during spate of incidents
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-07/south-australian-parliament-toilets-significantly-soiled/10595406

:itwaspoo:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Synthbuttrange posted:

A motion has been passed on the floor of South Australia's Parliament and it has caused an almighty stink.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Synthbuttrange posted:

South Australian Parliament toilets 'significantly soiled' during spate of incidents
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-07/south-australian-parliament-toilets-significantly-soiled/10595406

one term

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Synthbuttrange posted:

quote:

According to the email, the messes have only been appearing during sitting weeks.

Well they evidently weren't sitting

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
16 years of literal labor waste

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There shall be no rest til we get to the bottom of this

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Federal Libs: we will defeat these terrorists at any cost

SA Libs: who shittin' like this?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Genuine apologies, but the only sources I have seen was a Sunrise clip and this, from 2GB.

https://www.2gb.com/new-public-housing-plan-hopes-to-break-the-cycle/

Basically, NSW are proposing that if you don't get a job you can get kicked out of public housing.

What the gently caress is that.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Well. It seems to be a bit more complex than your take even from a cursory read. Accelerated entry into public housing if they accept a time-limited lease while undertaking education or job searching.

It'd be nice though if they looked more at why only a quarter of people in public housing are working, if I had to guess it's because most people in public housing face more challenges in employment and struggle to move out, rather than just saying oh my god only 25% are working we must prevent more getting onto the sweet public housing teat.

e: limited slots of public housing allocated to this

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Dec 7, 2018

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope

monkeu posted:

Holy moley you loving idiots are lucky that I’ve been probated since this time yesterday

Watching this entire thread melt down with their panties in a twist over Shorten outplaying the liberals yet again ...

This is almost as good as your console NPD threads back in the day, keep going I'm so close

(bring back ycs)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Zenithe posted:

Genuine apologies, but the only sources I have seen was a Sunrise clip and this, from 2GB.

https://www.2gb.com/new-public-housing-plan-hopes-to-break-the-cycle/

Basically, NSW are proposing that if you don't get a job you can get kicked out of public housing.

What the gently caress is that.

A good thing that there is only one job for every 16 job seekers.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
https://twitter.com/Asher_Wolf/status/1070676792950710275

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Zenithe posted:

Nice meltdown

One man's "meltdown" is another man's "he's absolutely loving right"

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

apparently not even new

https://twitter.com/ajdlinux/status/1070679548977508352

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
a month ago the job listings in my area were at least 45% for disability carers, there was this massive hiring wave and it became literally the number one industry in town. but suddenly now there are barely any listings for disability stuff at all. does anyone know what's up with that, did they stealth gut the ndis

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

fauna posted:

a month ago the job listings in my area were at least 45% for disability carers, there was this massive hiring wave and it became literally the number one industry in town. but suddenly now there are barely any listings for disability stuff at all. does anyone know what's up with that, did they stealth gut the ndis

Maybe they filled all the vacant positions?

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...

monkeu posted:

Holy moley you loving idiots are lucky that I’ve been probated since this time yesterday

Watching this entire thread melt down with their panties in a twist over Shorten outplaying the liberals yet again is testament to three things:
1. why so many of you mongoloids are devout greens supporters (despite all of the well documented and ongoing sexual abuse)
2. Why the greens will always be on 10%
3. Why the fabled “goon party” that’s jokingly bandied around in here could never ever happen

This is politics on a federal level you imbeciles. PM Zingers hasn’t spent the last half decade chipping away at the liberal party to let a single piece of easily repealed bad legislation trip him up at the post

Here’s a couple of potential headlines over the next 8 weeks until the end of the Christmas break:
“Shorten and Labor refuse to pass national anti-terrorist laws”
“Labor passes anti-terrorist laws despite Morrison’s games”

Spoiler alert: the end game is a ridiculous majority for a stable labor government, not to “stick up for what’s right” on reffos and tech security (two issues that are massively important to greens voters and also completely irrelevant to most of the electorate... hence the perpetual 10%)

The blindingly obvious goal of shorten and the ALP is to form government after literally years of playing politics (in politics) and THEEEEEEEEN show your hand and pass the legislation you actually want to pass

Jesus Christ you guys are dumb. I wish we could all get a poker game going because sheeeeeeeesh it would be some easy money. Here’s the headlines about yesterday from Murdoch of all places. What do you think they would have been otherwise?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

this is all really bad and you should probably stop posting.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

fauna posted:

I don’t think it was by stealth

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I'm not entirely sure what the point of a Labor government will be if it just caves into the LNP and right wing media all the time

I was going to vote for Labor this election, off the back of the Andrews based euphoria, but this last week has been a stark reminder that the federal party is a different beast. If they capitulate that pathetically who knows what else they'll let me down on?

I'm voting for the sex pests again.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I wrote Shorten off when he called it Mario Karts. Jeremy Corbyn would never call it that.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

There's tons of this on rwitter :nallears:

https://twitter.com/leipard/status/1070621745009152000?s=19

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

you didn't have to go to twitter to find that angle

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
LOL what's Bad Badham got to say about it? Never mind, I'll look - don't want to put anyone else through that.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

probably real politik

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Seems quiet on the subject, but I did find this gem.

https://twitter.com/vanbadham/status/1070878869933060096

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
HIRE 👏 MORE 👏 WOMEN 👏 GUARDS 👏.

im alan jones
Feb 1, 2009

the muhammad ali of radio

looks like the nsw greens are gonna try yet again to kick their king sex pest buckingham out over the weekend. my guess is they’ll fail like every other time

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

fauna posted:

We have hired a poo poo load of new casuals. Needs are met even with expanding operations. We need to change our structure to encourage new service development if we are going to hire any more new people. NDIS hurts some people and greatly, massively benefits others. It is a really varied bag based largely on your ability to argue your case for needing more funds.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Somehow Labor is going to amend to bill without it being seen as a backflip, without it being seen as looking weak and without it being a thing that every right wing gently caress will bring up from now until we are all dead.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

This isn't something you compromise on for short term gains. It is risky poo poo to be allowing.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

im alan jones posted:

looks like the nsw greens are gonna try yet again to kick their king sex pest buckingham out over the weekend. my guess is they’ll fail like every other time

really liking my choice of labor or the greens

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Somehow Labor is going to amend to bill without it being seen as a backflip, without it being seen as looking weak and without it being a thing that every right wing gently caress will bring up from now until we are all dead.

Also if there is ever a terrorist attack in Australia again, even if it's just some mentally deranged lone wolf who the libs/asio/the AFP had plenty of info on but did nothing about, it'll be the ALPs fault.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
:Sussex street office is anthrax bombed by the ghost of Robert Menzies:

Dutton: This is just more evidence that Labor supports terrorism!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Labor backflipping is bad. The legislation is bad. It allows bad things to happen that will probablyhappen. True.

But the "mums and dads" don't give half a poo poo about any of that. All they care about is "tough on terrorists!" rhetoric. The Libs 'Labor is soft on terror/crime/national security' poo poo is like white noise coz it has been used so often.

And what they will remember long after any Labor = terrorist'f friend stuff is the farce and bullshit that happened over parliament the last week. And they will blame dinki di true blue ScoMo for all of it, no matter how much he tries to push teh blame on Shorten.

So yes, it is bad for Australia that the bill passed, but the way it passed is great for Labor.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Reclines Obesily posted:

really liking my choice of labor or the greens

sorry but it's really not a difficult choice at all.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Correct. SEP. I'm going to stand in my seat since they're not running a candidate.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Jonah Galtberg posted:

you're right

vote 1 palmer party

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
i wish i lived in a division with fancy candidates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

BrigadierSensible posted:

But the "mums and dads" don't give half a poo poo about any of that. All they care about is "tough on terrorists!" rhetoric.
I'm curious what the polling is on this these days nationally, since the Victorian attack had no impact on the election despite the Liberals' hardliner crime stance.