Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Just FYI, Worst Thread. The official Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula 1 team posts in the F1 reddit.

Buy them an account imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

So does Sauber and F1 itself.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Failrrari is the completo of F1: could've and should've been great but ended up being a disgusting mess for no good reason whatsoever.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
but there are plenty of good reasonsv ferrari is garbage

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In extremely Nic Cage voice:
ferrariancompletos are good whats your problem
are you SOME KIND OF loving IDIOT!?!?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

In extremely Nic Cage voice:
ferrariancompletos are good whats your problem
are you SOME KIND OF loving IDIOT!?!?

please stop signing your posts, tia

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
??

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I haven't checked the thread for a few days and I come back to unrepentant trolling of a good Scud lad by some mongoloid looking british posters who should be banned. Very sad imo.

#ForzaFerrari

Also apparently bad fraudulent 5 time WDC poois shamilton tested a WSBK, maybe branching out to other forms of fraudulence?????

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Write the fukken season review already

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

Theophany posted:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Imagine trying to criticize Hamilton for testing a superbike and failing to mention that he fuckin crashed it

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

Here is my oficcial FIA Fromula 1 Sponsored By Heineken: If you drink, Always Drive

It was bad

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Imagine trying to criticize Hamilton for testing a superbike and failing to mention that he fuckin crashed it

He didn't even crash it that badly which is worse

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Is SBK even close to as good as MotoGP, serious question

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

track day bro! posted:

Here is my oficcial FIA Fromula 1 Sponsored By Heineken: If you drink, Always Drive

It was bad

:hmmyes:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/sebvettelnews/status/1071045737444794370?s=19

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

:wtc:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

BubbaGrace posted:

So does Sauber and F1 itself.

Someone please make accounts for all the teams, and for F1, and for Bernie. We should give them a chance to participate here for proper F1 related discourse, and to get their opinions on cookware.

track day bro! posted:

Also apparently bad fraudulent 5 time WDC poois shamilton tested a WSBK, maybe branching out to other forms of fraudulence?????

I strongly dislike Hamilton for a lot of reasons, but even I have to admit that this is kind of a cool and fun thing to do. If it was some other driver who wasn't a smug, petulant, toilet-phobic idiot then I would probably support their efforts to do cool and fun stuff.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lew Lew is not John Surtees OBE and will probably die in a motorcycle

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I'm surprised he's allowed to do that kind of stuff, to be honest; some athletes even have clauses in their contract specifically forbidding them from being on a motorcycle at all. I guess it's different for an F1 pilot.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I know Dovizioso has mentioned in the past that even Ducati gives him poo poo for dirt track riding, although that may be more related to Ducati not having a bike for that.

I imagine this is probably one of those “it’s better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission” type situations and if he directly asked Mercedes they’d probably have said no.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Red Bull also told Max he couldn’t test a MotoGP bike but that again might have more to do with the fact that he’d either be competing against his own engine supplier or his own team as a title sponsor.

Also Max owns a Harley in case you needed more reason to hate him.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
i think one of the reasons HAM likes his merc contract is that he can do all this dumb poo poo

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
It is pretty cool imo, apparently he wasn't that badly off the pace for someone who doesn't race bikes for a living. I think Mercedes let him do it because he won his fifth fraudulent wdc.

Gigi Galli posted:

Is SBK even close to as good as MotoGP, serious question

Apparently SBK are bikes that are based off road bikes, wheras MotoGP are built from the ground up race bikes. Also I think WSBK is dominated by bad britsh fraud riders at the moment so it is a bad series

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
WSBK is the LMP2 to MotoGP's F1. Didn't Schumacher test a GP bike a few years back? Maybe he was retired at the time though. To be fair, MotoGP has "rider aids" much more complex than F1 allows though. They have traction control and some variation of active suspension. You'll see SBKs wiggling coming out of corners in a way that GP bikes never do. But I think the HP numbers are like >300 for GP and 250ish for SBK.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm surprised he's allowed to do that kind of stuff, to be honest; some athletes even have clauses in their contract specifically forbidding them from being on a motorcycle at all. I guess it's different for an F1 pilot.

Those athletes aren't blessed as gently caress. Lewis is protected by Baby Jesus.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

To be fair, MotoGP has "rider aids"

Thats a mean way to describe all those Spanish twinks op

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Has Toto Wolf recently suffered a brain injury?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-wary-williams-loophole-threat/4310161/

"Toto Wolff says even a team like Williams cannot be discounted from coming up with a Mercedes-beater next year, amid fears that loopholes in the rules could be key to the Formula 1 battle."

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
It's just the off-season version of them randomly "warning" one of their drivers dominating any given race at 2/3s distance that there's some gremlin in the car that might potentially maybe possibly be a problem they need to be on alert about.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Gigi Galli posted:

No joke Schumacher's contract in the Ferrari days expressly forbid him from going skiing lmao

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

No joke Schumacher's contract in the Ferrari days expressly forbid him from going skiing lmao

lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Theophany posted:

lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

POCKET CHOMP posted:

It's just the off-season version of them randomly "warning" one of their drivers dominating any given race at 2/3s distance that there's some gremlin in the car that might potentially maybe possibly be a problem they need to be on alert about.

"we have to pretend like we aren't going to curb stomp everyone every year or we'll lose viewers"

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
god f1 loving sucks

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

That is a good mustache and I hope he keeps it for 2019. #ForzaFerrari

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMymLt7NOTg

Lots of waffle in this video, but in summary: Alonso's wheel wouldn't have hit Leclerc without the halo, but it deflected the whole car enough that the front wing didn't knock his face off. Definitely prevented serious harm/death in the F2 accident. And aeroscreen would've been considerably less effective.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Powerful

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Vettel is trolling me so hard, now I have to watch my dad circa 1994 lose the world championship. Thanks, fucker.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Consquistador Alonso couldnt. Will Schnurrbart Vettel win the WDC?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

One of the best lmaos of the F1 threads here

I'm surprised they didn't address what the halo might have done in Sophia's crash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
You mean nothing?