Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

XBC2 is a game with a lot of tedium baked in and lots of terrible design decisions that has exploration while Persona 5 is a game with a lot of tedium baked in with some terrible design decisions and no exploration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Yeah, Pac-Man, King K Rool, and Diddy Kong aren't anime. Every other character in Smash is anime

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Harlock posted:

Anime likers are people too

Let's not go crazy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gripweed posted:

I think a case could be made for King K Rool not being anime

And Diddy Kong

Possibly Little Mac considering how involved NoA was in the punch out series

Pac-Man is anime

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The fifth dlc character is going to be vegeta

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

So, for real, does anyone know when Katamari drops?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

eShop releases happen at noon Eastern Time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Katamari is now designated 'too anime', sorry

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

OK, I thought it was 11:00ET and I was getting completely justifiably angry

Sakurazuka posted:

Katamari is now designated 'too anime', sorry

Katamari is the only good anime

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Link is not anime, but Zelda is

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can’t believe I need to post my video here again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_wI0_XYooo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can’t believe I need to post my video here again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_wI0_XYooo

With your new mic, he sounds older than you are. :newlol:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I preordered a copy of Katamari for pick up from Gamestop and I haven't been inside of one is years. My order is still listed as open and they're supposed to text me when it's available for pick up but it's almost noon and nothing and I wanna roll up some poo poo today, drat it!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

HenryEx posted:

I fell into the Smash trap, started the adventure mode and enjoyed some easy but fun button-mashing fights (I haven't played Smash Bros. in 15 years), took a turn left after unlocking Mario or whatever, fought through three or four more interesting fights (i liked the "smash 4 warios at once" one), saw a chest on the map and promptly rain right into the brickwall in front of it.
I've now been wiping to Olimar for upwards of an hour and there's no sign of progress. He seemingly at random can just belt out incredible smash attacks hitting me for 20%+ damage, and smashing me off the area without recourse anytime at 25% total damage. There's that helpful timer in the upper right corner too to let me know that half of my fights routinely end in sub-20 seconds, even after i stopped falling off the platform on my own.

what the gently caress is this poo poo, why can he power-smash me off the stage in nothing but literally three hits total while constantly eating himself back to 0% damage

I'm going to imagine you can find a Soul that can counter-act that. I've fought some that make you sleep or where the floor is lava and two turns later I found a soul that counters just those things. Also practice makes perfect? Play Classic Mode, which is seriously amazing, and see where that gets you.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Katamari Damacy is anime

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Someone clearly hasn't played a Yakuza game.

That's the most Japanese game.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I preordered a copy of Katamari for pick up from Gamestop and I haven't been inside of one is years. My order is still listed as open and they're supposed to text me when it's available for pick up but it's almost noon and nothing and I wanna roll up some poo poo today, drat it!

Sorry, they only made 1000 copies and they won't be filling your pre-order until they can run the price up to at least $200.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Sorry, they only made 1000 copies and they won't be filling your pre-order until they can run the price up to at least $200.

This is what i get for going with Katamari over Smash.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A lot of the games on sale have equivalent sales on Amazon but the digital code there give you full gold points rather than based off the sale price

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1071089705427456000?s=19

Which is really only like an extra $1.50 but still

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

they're gonna do a big undertale dlc tease for smash with sans' silhouette but it will be a fake out where the actual character is the annoying dog

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

The starlink starfox physical edition is down to £28, the price is just dropping like a rock.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So I don't know much about Team Ninja. Are they good?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Kind of weird Smash does not support video captures at launch.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Little Mac posted:

In the last decade theyve released one good game and the rest are middling to poor, with their track record of Nintendo exclusive games being dire.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Little Mac posted:

As long as they're not being let near Metroid sure.

Yeah, yeah, I know that was all Sakamoto's fault

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Little Mac posted:

Mostly pretty good but they’ve had some stinkers.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

They did Metroid Other M. People say "no actually all the bad stuff was Sakamoto's fault" but there's only so much you can blame one man for when games take so many people to make.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Barudak posted:

In the last decade theyve released one good game and the rest are middling to poor, with their track record of Nintendo exclusive games being dire.

Hyrule and FE Warriors are not 'dire'

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theres no reason to believe they wont deliver a fine product here though, since its like the 8th iteration of this concept across multiple devs.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

BattleMaster posted:

They did Metroid Other M. People say "no actually all the bad stuff was Sakamoto's fault" but there's only so much you can blame one man for when games take so many people to make.

The gameplay in other M wasnt the problem though. It was actually pretty fun, if not up to metroid best-in-class standards.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Also they did nioh. Far as ive seen, they only do the fighting mechanics for Koei within hyrule and Fe warriors, those aren't their games. Either way, it's gonna be mechanically better than the originals.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Team Ninja at their best did Dead or Alive 2, which is still my favourite in the series, and Ninja Gaiden.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The gameplay in Other M was also pretty terrible, sideways wiimote, first person aiming and spamming dodge to never take damage was an awful combination.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Hyrule and FE Warriors are not 'dire'

You know I was all ready to get sassy but I genuinely forget they made those. Revise it to really bad and fine on Nintendo.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Sakurazuka posted:

The gameplay in Other M was also pretty terrible, sideways wiimote, first person aiming and spamming dodge to never take damage was an awful combination.
that was a design decision, which isn't up to them, much like Platinum and star fox zero.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sakurazuka posted:

You know that sideways wiimote control scheme just had to have been a Nintendo mandate. Did the same poo poo to DKCR.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I swear there was an interview where a team ninja dude blamed the first person missile aiming on sakamoto as a non-negotiable.

Dont forget the level layout is designed so you basically cant use shine sparks anywhere but the like two hallways they intend.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Other M shares design issues with other Team Ninja games from around that time like Ninja Gaiden 3 and Sigma so they’re not entirely blameless

Augus fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 7, 2018

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

OhFunny posted:

Metroid: Samus Returns is good :colbert:

Despite beating Returns I forgot because I plainly meant Other M there. Though I feel I am technically correct since that's the last one Nintendo made.... Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

A lot of the games on sale have equivalent sales on Amazon but the digital code there give you full gold points rather than based off the sale price

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1071089705427456000?s=19

Which is really only like an extra $1.50 but still

Nice, been looking to convert to digital and that price makes it worth it