Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I know the cult has a codex coming, but god drat, it feels like it was ages ago they went like; "Yeah, cult players, we know you get completely boned by this new rule on turn 1 deep striking, since is screws with like... the defining feature of our whole army... but don't worry! We got your back!", then tumbleweeds since. I see them listed in one of the leaks, but nothing seems to be changed for them (except apparently heavy stubbers going from 8 to 2 and a change to auto-cannons or something - presumably from guard changes). They even list things like heavy rock saw, cult icon and seismic cannon, but with no changes.

They just posted a promo image being like SOON so I imagine that post-Christmas we'll be hearing about the codex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Can anybody make out the Wraithlord base price? Looks like 85?

Maybe 55? I like 55. :kingsley:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
65 unless my eyes have gone.

Also, Wraightknights drop from 402 to 315.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

DiHK posted:

Can anybody make out the Wraithlord base price? Looks like 85?

Maybe 55? I like 55. :kingsley:

Looks like 85 to me, down from 103. It's ranged weapons dropped a bit too.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

Corrode posted:

I just flat don't agree with you that the meta isn't already varied, or that there's only some mythical category of lists which can handle knights and they all don't count. Right now, the only whole factions which are write-offs competitively are Space Marines (of all Imperial types), Necrons and GSC (which is a weird half faction anyway, about to be significantly expanded). Tyranids are also a bit questionable. Everything else has appeared on top tables in recent tournaments. Some of them suck for internal balance, like Chaos is a bad faction with like three good units, or Tau is Codex: Fire Warriors and Riptides, but that's a problem with those books. There's a lot of changes to process, but hopefully the stuff at the bottom gets pulled up, and leaves the rest of the stuff which is already fine in balance with each other.

gently caress, the event I played in last weekend had a Deathwatch/Blood Angels/Ad Mech soup on table 2 for the last game, which beat Talos/Cronos spam. Two Space Marine factions with not a single Knight on the board.

Don't agree then. It doesn't matter. It's not that all competitive knights have Titanic models. But "GK can soup up to mitigate weaknesses" isn't a response to "GK are costed well" (repeat for admech or whatever other faction you want). CA will hopefully shake it up, but this isn't a problem endemic to power armor. There's not a magical set of lists that can beat knights, but you DO have to build a list that can beat them.

If you don't think the meta is stale vs old bike daemonbombs, flyer spam, horde, castle, deep strike shenanigans, etc, I dunno what to say. There are variants mostly in eldar, and the Ork meta is unknown (at least to me), but most factions have one that's clearly best, and it's "shitloads of shots at best of AP-X/D2-3 plus bubble wrap for the shoot things if you can get it". That covers butcher dreads, ravagers, helverins, knights, reapers, triptides, hellblaster parking lot, and everything else.

DA hellblaster balls, smash caps,

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

evol262 posted:

Don't agree then. It doesn't matter. It's not that all competitive knights have Titanic models. But "GK can soup up to mitigate weaknesses" isn't a response to "GK are costed well" (repeat for admech or whatever other faction you want). CA will hopefully shake it up, but this isn't a problem endemic to power armor. There's not a magical set of lists that can beat knights, but you DO have to build a list that can beat them.

If you don't think the meta is stale vs old bike daemonbombs, flyer spam, horde, castle, deep strike shenanigans, etc, I dunno what to say. There are variants mostly in eldar, and the Ork meta is unknown (at least to me), but most factions have one that's clearly best, and it's "shitloads of shots at best of AP-X/D2-3 plus bubble wrap for the shoot things if you can get it". That covers butcher dreads, ravagers, helverins, knights, reapers, triptides, hellblaster parking lot, and everything else.

DA hellblaster balls, smash caps,

Dude, you're dumb as hell.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
Using 7th edition tourney lists as a positive in your argument is certainly an interesting take. I would like to hear more.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Guard Hellstrikes went to 12 points a missle

FW Hellstrikes remain at 30

~forge world~

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

A meta analysis absent Talos, Shining Spears, cultist hordes, Tzaangor hordes, Daemon Princes, and the entire Harlequin and Tyranid factions sure does sound boring, and also completely disconnected from reality.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I might have to continue working on my original plan of a salamander dreadnought group, plus I can actually take out my Cataphractii with Chainfists without crying too much as they went down 80 points! :captainpop:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My unpainted vindicator is having a Toy Story style depressing montage atm.

~when somebody loves you~

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Lungboy posted:

GK drop by....zero! The army is fixed!

hahahahahahaha. Dang.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Am I blind or are there no dork elf changes? My Guard are looking at an overall price drop which surprised the hell out of me, although now it means I'll need to paint more mans.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Lungboy posted:

GK drop by....zero! The army is fixed!

idgi

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

adamantium|wang posted:

Am I blind or are there no dork elf changes? My Guard are looking at an overall price drop which surprised the hell out of me, although now it means I'll need to paint more mans.

None at all I think.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Redemptor (ie. second coolest looking dread) dropped to 105 from 140. It's heavy onslaught also dropped by 6 points, cant see if the other stuff changed. So, it's like 160(?) for a normal one. Not sure that's enough tbh.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Strike Squads are unchanged. Termies got a small drop but are still poo poo.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Redemptor (ie. second coolest looking dread) dropped to 105 from 140. It's heavy onslaught also dropped by 6 points, cant see if the other stuff changed. So, it's like 160(?) for a normal one. Not sure that's enough tbh.

My issue with them is that without an invuln save of some sort, they're just going to get shot up turn 1. I really like the model too.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

darnon posted:

I've seen either on shapeways or thingiverse wrist-mount blasters you can use to make them serve double purpose.

Otherwise you should be able to just xacto knife them off, though I recall the rear was a bit concave so might be a bit messy to get at the post of the wrist joint and depending on how much glue was used. From there you could just throw some 1/4” flat magnets in.

Duct Tape posted:

I'd absolutely recommend this. I magnetized all the arms and weapons on my Kastelan's, so I can easily swap between dakka and punchy. It was really easy to do while assembling them, but it might be a bit more work having to get them in place on fully-assembled robots.

Thanks for the tips!

Revelation 2-13 posted:

In mechanicus news, Cawl dropped massively to 190. Dominus too. Kataphron destroyers from 30 to 15 (guns cost the same it looks like though). Dunecrawler got a 20 point drop (90 to 70). Arquebus from 25 to 15. Rust stalker with only blades went from 22 to 14.
Holy poo poo, that means my painted army went from ~1200 to ~1000 pts. Sigh, I was so close to being able to field an army to play with the local nerds (1500 pts only :rolleyes:), now I have even more poo poo to paint. Or just stop pussyfooting around, and assemble/paint that Valiant knight I've got sitting in his box.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

That's ok, neither does gw

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

inscrutable horse posted:

Holy poo poo, that means my painted army went from ~1200 to ~1000 pts. Sigh, I was so close to being able to field an army to play with the local nerds (1500 pts only :rolleyes:), now I have even more poo poo to paint. Or just stop pussyfooting around, and assemble/paint that Valiant knight I've got sitting in his box.

My AdMech/Knight list went from uncomfortably tight to a much better number of bodies.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The vindicator is not reduced because it's been given much better rules for the main gun.

The vindicator is not reduced because it's been given much better rules for the main gun.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Lungboy posted:

Strike Squads are unchanged. Termies got a small drop but are still poo poo.

But didn't nearly all of their other poo poo drop like 20-40%?

PierreTheMime posted:

My AdMech/Knight list went from uncomfortably tight to a much better number of bodies.

That Dominus change makes me much happier about assembling the 3rd one I have sitting on a sprue. Especially since I don't want to buy Cawl.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
The problem of AdMech not having a cheap HQ alternative was solved by making all their HQs cheap alternatives.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

The Vindicator (tank) and GK are in such a poor state, it seems possible.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
I know I can't complain too much because the Sisters stuff looks rad so far, but I am little bummed there's no love for the Inquisition. (Not that I had any reason to expect it.)

e: Oh I guess the LR Prometheus got a points drop. I feel obligated to field it now.

Giant Isopod fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 7, 2018

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Giant Isopod posted:

I know I can't complain too much because the Sisters stuff looks rad so far, but I am little bummed there's no love for the Inquisition. (Not that I had any reason to expect it.)

Nobody expects the Inquisition.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I think instead of the Loyal 32 as cheap CP battery we'll start seeing the Steel 17. 2 Enginseers and 15 Rangers will run 165 points bare bones for 5CP.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

xtothez posted:

But didn't nearly all of their other poo poo drop like 20-40%?

poo poo being the operative word. Some rules updates might help but simple points drops on non-essential units isn't going to save them.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Eifert Posting posted:

And these are...?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Prayers. Vain prayers.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

WHatwhatWHAT???

e: :smith:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Because I'm bored and wanted all the changes in the one place:

quote:

Guard changes:

Units:
Armoured Sentinels 30 from 40 (-10)
Astropath 26 from 30 (-4)
Banehammer 370 from 390 (-20)
Banesword 370 from 390 (-20)
Chimera 60 from 75 (-15)
Commissar 15 from 15 (0)
Conscripts 4 from 4 (0)
Deathstrike 125 from 155 (-30)
Doomhammer 400 from 420 (-20)
Hydra 85 from 100 (-15)
Lord Commissar 30 from 30 (0)
Manticore 125 from 135 (-10)
Officer of the Fleet 20 from 25 (-20)
Ogryn Bodyguard 45 from 55 (-10)
Ogryn 24 from 30 (-6)
Primaris Psyker 38 from 38 (0)
Ratlings 7 from 5 (+2)
Scout Sentinels 30 from 35 (-5)
Servitors 5 from 2 (+3)
Shadowsword 410 from 390 (+20)
Stormlord 410 from 430 (-20)
Stormsword 370 from 390 (-20)
Tank Commander 142 from 167 (-15)
Taurox 50 from 50 (0)
Taurox Prime 80 from 80 (0)
Valkyries 100 from 110 (-10)
Veterans* 5 from 6 (-1)
Wyrdvane Psykers 7 from 8 (-1)
Wyverns 95 from 95 (0)

Colour Sergeant Kell 40 from 50 (-10)
Commissar Yarrick 100 from 130 (-30)
Lord Castellan Creed 55 from 70 (-15)
Nork Deddog 60 from 80 (-20)
Sly Marbo 55 from 65 (-10)

Wargear:
Augur Array 5 from 10 (-5)
Autocannon 10 from 12 (0)
Chem cannon 7 from 15 (-8)
Demolisher cannon 20 from 40 (-20)
Eradicator Nova Cannon 15 from 25 (-10)
Executioner plasma cannon 15 from 20 (-5)
Exterminator autocannon 17 from 25 (-8)
Flamer 6 from 7 (-1)
Force stave 8 from 8 (0)
Grenade launcher 3 from 5 (-2)
Grenadier gauntlet 5 from 10 (-5)
Heavy flamer 14 from 17 (-3)
Heavy stubber 2 from 4 (-2)
Hellstrike missiles 12 from 20 (-8)
Hot-shot lasgun 0 from 1 (-1)
Hot-shot laspistol 0 from 1 (-1)
Hot-shot volley gun 7 from 7 (0)
Medi-pack 5 from 10 (-5)
Meltagun BS4+ 10 from 12 (-2)
Meltagun 14 from 17 (-3)
Missile launcher 15 from 20 (-5)
Multi-laser 5 from 10 (-5)
Multi-melta 15 from 20 (-5)
Multiple rocket pod 8 from 11 (-3)
Plasma cannon 10 from 15 (-5)
Plasma gun 11 from 13 (-2)
Power fist 8 from 8 (0)
Servo-arm 0 from 12 (-12)
Storm shield 0 from 0 (0)
Taurox battle cannon 18 from 28 (-10)
Taurox gatling cannon 20 from 18 (+2)
Taurox missile launcher 30 from 50 (-20)
Tempestus command rod 5 from 5 (0)
Twin heavy flamer 28 from 30 (-2)
Vanquisher battle cannon 15 from 20 (-5)

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
I haven't been able to check points adjustments or any other changes, did Vindicators really just get left as is?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

adamantium|wang posted:

Because I'm bored and wanted all the changes in the one place:

Oh hey, Chimerae might be price-competitive again. Neat.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Did a thing with my main two armies using base / minimum unit cost

Unit Diff%
Ironstrider -20%
Kataphron Breachers -25%
Kataphron Destroyers -24%
Onager Dunecrawler -13%
Servitors 150%
Sicarian Infiltrators -20%
Sicarian Ruststalkers -25%
Tech-Priest Dominus -28%
Tech-Priest Enginseer -36%

Broodlord -29%
Exocrine -21%
Harpy -20%
Haruspex -14%
Hive Crone -11%
Lictor -27%
Maleceptor -7%
Neurothrope 29%
Pyrovore -34%
Tervigon -19%
Toxicrene -11%
Trygon -12%
Trygon Prime -10%
Tyranid Prime -30%
Tyrannocyte -19%
Tyrannofex -14%
Deathleaper -33%
Swarmlord -17%

Wizard
Aug 3, 2014

Paul Blart: Mall Blart

For_Great_Justice posted:

I haven't been able to check points adjustments or any other changes, did Vindicators really just get left as is?

We only know the point changes, no idea if anything else got changed

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

So Terminators dropped by a whole 3 points. Not sure that's enough to save them.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Schadenboner posted:

Oh hey, Chimerae might be price-competitive again. Neat.

Yeah, 73 for multi laser and heavy bolter isn't terrible. It'll definitely make motorised infantry players jump for joy.

E:

Wizard posted:

We only know the point changes, no idea if anything else got changed

I'm hoping for some version of Grinding Advance for them. Vindicators are cool units that desperately need better rules. Hopefully they'll do better than Vanquishers did, a simple points drop isn't enough to get over the fact that they don't actually do their job very well.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Floppychop posted:

So Terminators dropped by a whole 3 points. Not sure that's enough to save them.

Maybe with the “Reduce strength and damage by 1 to a minimum of 1” rule that’s been whiteboarded around here for a while?