Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

...and then the swimming pool clapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
290lb is considered "elite" for a 200lb woman. It's the equivalent of a 220lb male athlete squatting 530lb.

Definitely reasonable for a high school swimmer.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
yeah it reminds me of the classic 4 minute mile runner who managed to do it because of pent up energy or some bullshit and kept doubling down on it. I bet this one would do the same thing, claiming it was some mental energy she never knew she had because she hadn't thought about the weight of the bar.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Like the proverbial mother who lifts a car to save her child, so does the forum poster bend reality to save their STDH.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Why not just poo poo on the blade?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

290lb is considered "elite" for a 200lb woman. It's the equivalent of a 220lb male athlete squatting 530lb.
I feel like it's weird to talk about 50lb increments.
*Guy puts on 45+5 or 25+25 and squats*
"Alright, thrown a plate and a five on there!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kimbo305 posted:

Why not just poo poo on the blade?

I feel like it's weird to talk about 50lb increments.
*Guy puts on 45+5 or 25+25 and squats*
"Alright, thrown a plate and a five on there!"

Yeah, that was weird, plus not taking into account the weight of the bar itself in any way.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, that was weird, plus not taking into account the weight of the bar itself in any way.

Yeah, no way do you squat that much and not know to include the bar in the total / do it automatically.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Struggling, groaning and making gross rear end male noises.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

SkunkDuster posted:

Struggling, groaning and making gross rear end male noises.

i.e. me at the dinner table

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I guess the way he initially tries to write himself as non-creepy is the STDH. Sidling up to someone and just staring at what they're staring at is weird. Not as weird as the stalking her while rubbing your boner, but still very weird. Chances are she might have reacted possibly if he had just made appropriate small talk about the tree or whatever instead of just staring brooding silently thinking "i'm not currently physically assaulting her, why isn't this bitch loving me yet".

Incels have this weird self-fulfilling prophecy where they’re convinced women find them repulsive, so they act as repulsive as possible. Then when women have normal reactions to their creepy behavior, they take it as proof that women hate them for being ugly.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The funniest/saddest/somethingest part is the number of godawful incels that are decent looking. They completely fail to realize how their attitude is what's repulsive. Elliot Rodger being a prime example, look at him without knowing who he is and you would think he'd get a prom date.

Meanwhile, cute funny fat guys who aren't terrible people rake in pussies and dicks and asses and get attractive body types named after them. Like I'd unironically choose Seth Rogan over Ryan Gosling.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

It's weird to talk about 100lb increments to start with, let alone adding 50. And what high school has 45lb bars?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Mine did. I didn't know bars (the big ones) came in any other weight than 45.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Mine did. I didn't know bars (the big ones) came in any other weight than 45.

45 is the standard Olympic set, though I think they can be up to 55. High schools (and gyms) often have crappy and/or non standard ones. I think ours in high school was 35 lbs.

The point remains that 100 and 50lb increments are very, very strange though.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
My school had olympic bars and 20lb ones. I remember this because before marching band started taking up PE credits me and my lame friends all had to do mandatory weights in PE once a week and "maxed" at struggling with just the oly bar, so the coach just had us do the empty 20lb bars.

50lb increments aren't that out there since 25 plates are kinda the midway point before you get to adding two more 45s but that ends up being like 95/185/275/etc not multiples of 50.

Maybe it didn't happen...

But man the ones where a cursory google would turn it into "sounds embellished" instead of "bullshit" annoy me so much. You can boast about being strong without being like "yeah as a swimmer I have the physique of a pro weightlifter close to the top of healthy female body weight, except also just fyi I'm the tallest woman alive so 200lbs is still light on me" which is what those numbers she gives trigger in my head

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I never know how much the bar weighs. To be fair my squats are much in line with the twiggy straightboy so it doesn't make a huge difference.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

bike tory posted:

I never know how much the bar weighs. To be fair my squats are much in line with the twiggy straightboy so it doesn't make a huge difference.

I'm 300lbs and have an eight pack at 5'6'' so I weigh myself, then weigh myself holding the bar, at every gym to make sure I'm getting what I pay for.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm 300lbs and have an eight pack at 5'6'' so I weigh myself, then weigh myself holding the bar, at every gym to make sure I'm getting what I pay for.

Well I'm 6', 165lbs and have a 1 pack and I've never been to a gym that had a set of scales in the weights room.

Are you like as wide as you are tall?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

bike tory posted:

Well I'm 6', 165lbs and have a 1 pack and I've never been to a gym that had a set of scales in the weights room.

Are you like as wide as you are tall?

Yep I'm a juvenile gorilla irl.

Also, does anyone have saved the version of the "atheist professor" stdh where the professor becomes a heavenly bear and battles the antichrist?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

EVG posted:

Why is this person so vulgar

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

oldpainless posted:

Why is this person so vulgar

They're a teenager trying to sound cool for tumblr

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

King of Foolians posted:

I like how the guy in this fantasy determines the age of the child based on its cognition and not by, ya know, how big the child is. I'm not an expert on children but I'm pretty sure that a 16 month old is quite a bit smaller than a 2 1/2 year old. Plus, who the hell cares what a random stranger in a store says? People say fake poo poo about babies all the time, i.e. "Oh, what a pretty baby! She seems so smart."

A better version would have been:
"I took my child to a new pediatrician for a check up. When the doctor looked at my Darling Child he told me that it's cognitive ability is right on track (and is in fact a bit high) but that my child is very small for her age. When I asked for further information (DC is right on target in all the resources I've looked at), the Doctor said "Well she's pretty small for a 2 1/2 year old (Can you believe it?!?).
I told the Doctor that my child was in fact only 16 months old and the doctor was shocked!
"Well she's very advanced for her age."
"Nope, she's just not vaccinated"
As I walked off the Doctor picked up their jaw off the floor and yelled after me "I'm going to tell all my patients about the wonders of anti-vaccination, Thank you for teaching me so much about modern medicine!"
As the entire waiting room burst out in applause my Darling Child looked up at me and said "Mommy, why is everyone acting so strange? It's almost like they don't realize the dangers of putting chemicals in your body."
Then we went and got ice cream as a reward."

The ice cream was tainted due to poor refrigeration. Darling Child didn't last the month.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

EVG posted:

I hate to be a prescriptivist, but "rekted"? Surely it's "rekt"?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I don't have the picture on hand sadly, but one of my favorite STDH is the one where OP suddenly has a panic attack mid phone conversation with a friend/boyfriend or something so the friend hung up and ran the 10 miles or so to be with OP.

This took only a couple of minutes to do and person having the attack didn't just assume they were abandoned when they would need help the most smh

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

I was there, I was the door.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Please, please read another book. I beg you

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

The joke's on them. I was on the other side saying

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Danaru posted:

It's basically this generations open sesame because cartoons don't use that anymore

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Danaru posted:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
A guy tried to mug me so I wrote ELBERETH on the floor and he had no choice but to stop mugging me and then a hot female who was watching said I GET IT and then we kissed and now we are married and everyone applauded.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Len posted:

It's basically this generations open sesame because cartoons don't use that anymore

New Sabrina uses it :colbert:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
A Sabrina the Teenage Witch remake that's actually really loving good SHOULD be stdh, but it isn't. That show rules.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

A Sabrina the Teenage Witch remake that's actually really loving good SHOULD be stdh, but it isn't. That show rules.

It's based on a comic that takes the original concept behind Sabrina and turns it into a pre-Comics Code horror series. It's awesome.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

chitoryu12 posted:

It's based on a comic that takes the original concept behind Sabrina and turns it into a pre-Comics Code horror series. It's awesome.

The show's intro embraces that so hard and it is stunning.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yep I'm a juvenile gorilla irl.

Also, does anyone have saved the version of the "atheist professor" stdh where the professor becomes a heavenly bear and battles the antichrist?

A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, “God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I’ll give you exactly 15 minutes.” The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.

Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, “Here I am God. I’m still waiting.” It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and lifted up his arm to strike him.

At that moment the professor was transformed into a 7-foot grizzly, wreathed in a halo of holy fire. The bear spoke: "Blasphemer thou art, thou thinkst to take the place of God? Those who deny me face eternal fire, but you who knows my work and yet commits the sin of Satan I curse a hundred times over!" The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently picking at his boils. Then Richard Dawkins burst into the room, wielding a copy of The Selfish Gene and crying "Leave that boy alone, you pathetic atavism!" As the holy bear whirled around, terrible light flashing in its eyes, Dawkins shed his mortal form, raised each of his seven horned heads, and hissed. "It'ssss me you want!". And then the Lord and the Antichrist joined in the final battle.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Here's another parody of that which gets me every time

quote:

A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist

”Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!”

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

”How old is this rock, pinhead?”

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied “4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian”

”Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now”

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears. The same tears liberals cry for the “poor” (who today live in such luxury that most own refrigerators) when they jealously try to claw justly earned wealth from the deserving job creators. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, DeShawn Washington, wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than a sophist liberal professor. He wished so much that he had a gun to shoot himself from embarrassment, but he himself had petitioned against them!

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named “Small Government” flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Semper Fi.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Did they mean the soda machine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Nope. Machine that dispenses fathers from the 50's.

(More like oldclueless)