Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
"He like our Travon Martin, only white, and driving a car, and killing someone with that car instead of being shot and killed. Okay I didn't think this through all that much."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

To: noexcuses

Both President Tump and our First Lady stood with bowed heads and eyes closed as in prayer during the reciting....no disrespect.

Just for the record huff post.....Trump was the only President in attendance as the others are FORMER presidents...

110 posted on 12/06/2018 12:44:52 PM PST by noexcuses
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 90 | View Replies]

Former presidents that served longer terms and did a lot less treason

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Jagged Jim posted:

"He like our Travon Martin, only white, and driving a car, and killing someone with that car instead of being shot and killed. Okay I didn't think this through all that much."

No see the driver isn't guilty of killing a woman, while Trayvon is guilty of getting shot and killed (with the aggravating circumstances of Being No Angel While Black).

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Plinkey posted:

Freep: We're totally not racist, promise.

James Alex Fields found guilty of first degree murder during Charlottesville white nationalist rally

I love how so much of that can be proven bullshit simply by Fields' own actions and words to his mom

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Jagged Jim posted:

Every President Recited The Apostles Creed Except Trump, And People Definitely Noticed

:downsrim:

Catholics! :argh:

:thunk:

Committing sacrilege to own the libs!

Catholics! Again! :argh:

Freeper steve86 is very confused.

Wow, there isn't a :smug: big enough for that last bit.
[/quote]

that's so high grade hand waving right there, very impressive

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

my bony fealty posted:

lol the defense's entire argument was based around the bullshit self-defense angle and here's freep, parroting the lies and defending the Nazi

never change you vile fucks

Don't worry they won't, and probably can't.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Don't worry they won't, and probably can't.

They are still infighting over calling catholics terrorist according to the SPLC and being like 'lol you trust the SPLC'

whataboutism at it's best

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Are all inmate phone conversations recorded? If so, is all of this considered admissible by the state as evidence? Like if you talk with your partners in crime about your crime that you've been arrested for, can that be used in your upcoming trial for that crime against you?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Zwabu posted:

Are all inmate phone conversations recorded? If so, is all of this considered admissible by the state as evidence? Like if you talk with your partners in crime about your crime that you've been arrested for, can that be used in your upcoming trial for that crime against you?

Hard to say about all, there might be a few jails out there that aren't. But nearly every state and county and city jail out there can and does record all calls, and the police/courts are entitled to present it in court.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Zwabu posted:

Conversations with your lawyer are still privileged and protected (although lol just lol if you don't think they're being recorded and listened to anyway, they just don't get introduced in court) but they can record anything else. Also allowed: jailhouse informants, someone wearing a wire, opening and reading your mail, and recording devices in holding areas.

e: vvvv Ha ha that was exactly the case I was thinking of.

FMguru fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Dec 8, 2018

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

FMguru posted:

Conversations with your lawyer are still privileged and protected (although lol just lol if you don't think they're being recorded and listened to anyway, they just don't get introduced in court) but they can record anything else. Also allowed: jailhouse informants, someone wearing a wire, opening and reading your mail, and recording devices in holding areas.

Speaking of which, here's a story from Orange county, California: https://www.ocregister.com/2018/12/03/8-attorney-client-phone-recordings-made-it-into-the-hands-of-orange-county-prosecutors/

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Plinkey posted:

Freep: We're totally not racist, promise.

James Alex Fields found guilty of first degree murder during Charlottesville white nationalist rally

this is 100% false btw.

this thread will now probably reach like 200 posts since someone isn't a completely shitbag

Narrator: He can't be pardoned

:stare:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Plinkey posted:

Your disparagement of fellow FReepers is disturbing enough for me to have checked your profile. You do realize that as a Traditionalist Catholic it's you who is a member of a fringe hate group according to the SPLC, whose categorization is accepted and utilized by the FBI, don't you?
Guess not.

29 posted on 12/7/2018, 6:59:58 PM by RegulatorCountry

No, I looked at your profile, NRx. Beg pardon, I see now that you're Orthodox. Six of one, half a dozen of the other, as far as the SPLC is concerned. You oppose gay marriage? Hater. You oppose birth control and abortion? Hater.
You're no better than this man, according to the SPLC and hence the FBI. You're lumped right in with him.

Understand the implications of this, please. You seem like a relatively intelligent human being. Put two and two together.

35 posted on 12/7/2018, 7:05:22 PM by RegulatorCountry

"Are you REALLY so STUPID that you'll side with people who disagree with you on completely different topics you stupid loving idiot?? Don't you know they'd call you names if they could loving moron??"

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Why couldn't Fields be pardoned? I mean don't get me wrong, even Trump isn't dumb enough to do that, but is the murder conviction state and not federal?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Man, 36, Dies in San Francisco After Coughing up Blood Clot Shaped Like Lung Passage (currently viral story of guy who coughed up a perfect cast of a good portion of his bronchial tree)

Note that the story which is linked, and takes like a minute to read, clearly states the cause of the problem as chronic heart failure and mentions nothing about immigration status, drug use or anything else like that.

quote:

There is the expression by potheads:
Cough Up A Lung.

7 posted on 12/7/2018, 7:27:03 PM by Deaf Smith (When a Texan takes his chances, chances will be taken that's fore sure)

quote:

Coughed up a cast of part of the lung. His time in ICU cost SF and California tax payers a boat load of money

5 posted on 12/7/2018, 7:24:32 PM by Nifster (I see puppy dogs in the clouds)

^^What, maybe there should have been death panels to pull the plug on the guy? fuk u

quote:

Illegal invader with TB or pneumonia.
Just a guess.

8 posted on 12/7/2018, 7:30:11 PM by lee martell (AT)

quote:

This is something you’d expect to read about in some dirt poor banana republic like Ustinkistan.

18 posted on 12/7/2018, 7:53:02 PM by dragnet2 (Diversion and evasion are tools of deceit)

^^Yes because people never get terrible illness with freaky manifestations in a wealthy society. fuk u

quote:

What wonders hath open borders brought!

21 posted on 12/7/2018, 8:12:05 PM by E. Pluribus Unum (Democracy dies when Democrats refuse to accept the result of a democratic election they didn't win.)

quote:

Your link read like Medical Misadventure.
*Hey, how long can we artificially keep this guy alive?

We got a new MIR machine we need to pay on.

26 posted on 12/7/2018, 8:18:47 PM by Deaf Smith (When a Texan takes his chances, chances will be taken that's fore sure)

quote:

Breathing that smoke free California air.

32 posted on 12/7/2018, 8:43:41 PM by Bonemaker (invictus maneo)

fuk u fuk u fuk u

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Zwabu posted:

Why couldn't Fields be pardoned? I mean don't get me wrong, even Trump isn't dumb enough to do that, but is the murder conviction state and not federal?

Charlottesville circuit court, part of the VA state system.

AFAIK we still have the death penalty, I wonder why he's only facing life in prison (don't get me wrong I'm 100% against capital punishment, just curious why they didn't go for that).

Also, that is some grade-a FReep right there. Has anyone dived in to sample the latest Mueller filings? By my layman's POV he'd probably be facing impeachment and serious jail time if the GOP had a shred of credibility left, but I'm sure they are all-in on Trump's 'totally cleared' tweet and SHS's statements that he's not involved at all.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
That's why I don't smoke pot: the very real danger of coughing your literal lung literally out. It's where the expression came from.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Charlottesville circuit court, part of the VA state system.

AFAIK we still have the death penalty, I wonder why he's only facing life in prison (don't get me wrong I'm 100% against capital punishment, just curious why they didn't go for that).

Also, that is some grade-a FReep right there. Has anyone dived in to sample the latest Mueller filings? By my layman's POV he'd probably be facing impeachment and serious jail time if the GOP had a shred of credibility left, but I'm sure they are all-in on Trump's 'totally cleared' tweet and SHS's statements that he's not involved at all.

Important parts from the latest Mueller reveals:

1. Cohen once again confirms that he had been doing hush money payments and contact with Russians at the direct order of Trump or his legal team as far back as 2015.

2. Manafort not only broke his cooperation deal with Mueller, but had been desperately talking to Trump's team even after his indictment. There's a good chance that they may have been attempting to direct his behavior in court.

It's yet another reveal that Trump had been engaging in a wide variety of criminal behavior from collusion to influence the election to cover-up bribes to witness tampering. He and his nutty buddies are just trying to say that it "exonerates him" because it doesn't specifically say "Donald Trump committed these crimes and we are indicting him" yet, and that's because the investigation is obviously far from over.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Death penalty doesn't apply to first degree murder in VA.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

Important parts from the latest Mueller reveals:

1. Cohen once again confirms that he had been doing hush money payments and contact with Russians at the direct order of Trump or his legal team as far back as 2015.

2. Manafort not only broke his cooperation deal with Mueller, but had been desperately talking to Trump's team even after his indictment. There's a good chance that they may have been attempting to direct his behavior in court.

It's yet another reveal that Trump had been engaging in a wide variety of criminal behavior from collusion to influence the election to cover-up bribes to witness tampering. He and his nutty buddies are just trying to say that it "exonerates him" because it doesn't specifically say "Donald Trump committed these crimes and we are indicting him" yet, and that's because the investigation is obviously far from over.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
There's a thread on freep right now about Ammon Bundy quitting the militia movement in solidarity with the migrant caravan. I was gonna do a post on it, but most of the thread is just variations of "bah, he's always been a whackjob, never liked him anyway", before a Bundy-defender comes in and it devolves into a standard Freep old-man slap-fight.

However, I did find this.

quote:

To: conservative98
Pardon me a sec while I kick his butt

12 posted on 12/8/2018, 10:58:24 AM by RightGeek (FUBO and the donkey you rode in on)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

And that's just delightful.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

InsertPotPun posted:

That's why I don't smoke pot: the very real danger of coughing your literal lung literally out. It's where the expression came from.

Voice in my head (intended or not):

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

There's a thread on freep right now about Ammon Bundy quitting the militia movement in solidarity with the migrant caravan. I was gonna do a post on it, but most of the thread is just variations of "bah, he's always been a whackjob, never liked him anyway", before a Bundy-defender comes in and it devolves into a standard Freep old-man slap-fight.

Always a treat to watch freep turn on every hero of the cause once they're no longer useful

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

awwww theyre cute when they fight

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Someone please for the love of god see what freep is doing about PP and beer...

Oh wait, my browser allows it again

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3711858/posts

fake news warmup

quote:

To: GIdget2004

“The case concerned whether states can block Medicaid funds from Planned Parenthood affiliates that provide such women with annual health screens, contraceptive coverage and cancer screening.”

That doesn’t even make sense. And what it’s trying to say is probably fake.

5 posted on 12/10/2018, 10:39:24 AM by ifinnegan (Democrats kill babies and harvest their organs to sell)

quote:

To: GIdget2004

“preventitive care for low income women”

Translation: Black baby Holocaust

9 posted on 12/10/2018, 10:40:58 AM by GrandJediMasterYoda (Until Hillary is in jail, equal justice under the law will not exist in the USA)

Totally saw it coming, man

quote:

To: HalfIrish
Who ever claims they didn’t know this would happen is foolish.

drat straight.
18 posted on 12/10/2018, 10:47:46 AM by Sopater (Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? - Matthew 20:15a)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Feed this poo poo into my veins

Imagine being dumb enough to believe free republic costs 352k a year to run though

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
And Freepers continue their unblemished streak of not even knowing what the gently caress Planned Parenthood does with the majority of its funding.

And I mean two of those things don't even involve sex and Beerlord Bonerjudge is probably in favor of contraception so not really a surprise he didn't give a poo poo about this.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 10, 2018

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Feinne posted:

And Freepers continue their unblemished streak of not even knowing what the gently caress Planned Parenthood does with the majority of its funding.

And I mean two of those things don't even involve sex and Beerlord Bonerjudge is probably in favor of contraception so not really a surprise he didn't give a poo poo about this.

Freepers have been fed decades of propaganda portraying every Planned Parenthood as a literal torture dungeon, where scared, 9-months-pregnant white women are brought against their will, all while Nosferatu-looking abortion doctors lick their lips hungrily at the prospect of new dead babies to tear apart for fun. Recent years have added on the LGBT menace, where fully-clad leather daddies pass out condoms to kindergartners, but only if they agree to be gay first.

Even politicians who appeal to the pro-life crowd tend to know that PP clinics... aren't that. It leads to a lot of single-issue voters saying "Well, we elected pro-life politicians, why aren't they defunding Planned Parenthood already?!" between each election, until the next round of promises to defund Planned Parenthood gets them riled up to vote again.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Charlottesville Jury Recommends 419 Years Plus Life For Neo-Nazi Who Killed Protester

There's a lot of people in here who feel he got what was coming to him BUT

quote:

To: Trump20162020
If you play in the road and are a terrorist, you get run over.

6 posted on 12/11/2018, 4:13:29 PM by Carry me back (Cut the feds by 90%)

quote:

To: Bell Bouy II
That is the story .
A chain smoking over weight lefty had a heart attack after a gang of lefties
cornered this clueless fool in his car .
They spin it like he hit her .
She was near the car .

This is mob justice and needs to be thrown out in appeal .
Court reefs to be moved this .

8 posted on 12/11/2018, 4:18:34 PM by ncalburt (Gop DC Globalists out themselves)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Bell Bouy II
It’s all fake. If you look at the pictures they surrounded his car. They were trying to kill or hurt him. He has a right to self defense. I don’t really believe the whole thing.

NC did put into law, that if a crowd tries to stop a car in the road . By law the person driving can run over them.

The whole white supremist thing in Charlottsville was obviously a staged fake event. It was not real.

11 posted on 12/11/2018, 4:20:40 PM by Carry me back (Cut the feds by 90%)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

To: sevlex
She was a walking heart attack just ready to happen .
She was very overweight and a chain smoker.
You never see any photos of this lady from below the head .
He did not hit her .

This sentence is pure Mob Rule .
The trial was Mob Rule .
This trial needs to be thrown out on appeal and moved .

18 posted on 12/11/2018, 4:28:22 PM by ncalburt (Gop DC Globalists out themselves)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Georgia Peach posted:

Charlottesville Jury Recommends 419 Years Plus Life For Neo-Nazi Who Killed Protester

was going to do a deep dive into that thread, but i worked 11 hours today

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Any threads on Cohen going to jail yet?

Edit: Just checked myself. Oh yeah, there is. They're fairly boring though, mostly parroting Trump's lines almost verbatim, so far.

Well, except for gems like:

"To: Trump_the_Evil_Left
He will be watching from prison when Trump wins his second term.

19 posted on 12/12/2018, 6:42:48 PM by BinaryBoy ("Immigration Reform" is ballot stuffing)"

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 12, 2018

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Plinkey posted:

was going to do a deep dive into that thread, but i worked 11 hours today

I peeked into it -- it's just more of the same. A mess of people saying that they don't care when a "fat, chain-smoking progressive" is killed.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Georgia Peach posted:

freep criticizing people for being likely to have a heart attack is lol as gently caress

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

evilmiera posted:

Any threads on Cohen going to jail yet?

Edit: Just checked myself. Oh yeah, there is. They're fairly boring though, mostly parroting Trump's lines almost verbatim, so far.

Well, except for gems like:

"To: Trump_the_Evil_Left
He will be watching from prison when Trump wins his second term.

19 posted on 12/12/2018, 6:42:48 PM by BinaryBoy ("Immigration Reform" is ballot stuffing)"

The highlight of the day was the Trump tweet thread about his supporters 'revolting' someone got banned because they were like, you armchair warriors wouldn't do poo poo if Trump was impeached, removed and jailed.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Plinkey posted:

The highlight of the day was the Trump tweet thread about his supporters 'revolting' someone got banned because they were like, you armchair warriors wouldn't do poo poo if Trump was impeached, removed and jailed.

Oh man, was that posted here? I kind of want to see the replies.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3712398/posts

Lots of good https://tips.fbi.gov/ material in that one.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

My personal favorite is probably, partially quoted: "As another Freeper said about a week ago: In this day and age, well-fed people do not revolt."

Maybe not for the reason the author intended though.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I peeked into it -- it's just more of the same. A mess of people saying that they don't care when a "fat, chain-smoking progressive" is killed.

LOL at these miserable fucks criticizing fat chain-smokers.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Okay but correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a coroner's report about this woman who "wasn't anywhere near the car" that said her ribs had been rammed into her own lungs? Because I don't think heart attacks can do that.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
There’s also a picture (in that very freep thread!) of Heather Heyer sprawled across the hood of the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

SirSamVimes posted:

Okay but correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a coroner's report about this woman who "wasn't anywhere near the car" that said her ribs had been rammed into her own lungs? Because I don't think heart attacks can do that.

Facts mean nothing to the party who is all about logic, not emotion.
She's overweight so they latched onto the fatty fat fat theory.