Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I don't know who Lovely Joe Stalin is other than presumably not actually the reanimated corpse of Joseph Stalin, but they seem pretty reasonable so make them the non-RPG mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lemon-Lime posted:

I don't know who Lovely Joe Stalin is other than presumably not actually the reanimated corpse of Joseph Stalin, but they seem pretty reasonable so make them the non-RPG mod.

That's where you're wrong. Off to the gulag with you for not believing in Comrade Stalin's glorious resurrection.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Just played some Dice Throne.

Fun little game, I gotta say.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Mod talk:
I trust: ARB, Gradneko and Fool of Sound. I'm the only person on that last one who's posted.

I've never seen any Warham stuff.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Didn't his username used to be "Rapey Joe Stalin"? Or is that someone else with an unfortunately similar username?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
A wargaming mod and an RPG mod seems like a good idea. Beer already mods elsewhere so if he's happy to do that makes sense.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Beer4 is a swell person.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Andrast posted:

Make bedlamdan a mod so there is always a mod present when he is posting

I would sooner kill myself than try to act as a referee for everyone's drama or grudges.

Speaking of which make Fuegofish and Arivia co-moderators.

Bedlamdan fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Dec 8, 2018

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
Also why did WinsonPaine leave in the first place, anyways? He has just outright stopped posting.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Corrode posted:

That's where you're wrong. Off to the gulag with you for not believing in Comrade Stalin's glorious resurrection.
I am him. I am.

Wait, that's the wrong gimmick.

I go by many names. Some call me Shatoon, bringer of corn. Others call me Mickey Nine, the dream weaver. Some call me Photoshop. Others call me Trenu, the boiler... Some call me Marjorie Keek. Others call me Captain Margaret. Others call me R-R-Rubbady Pubbady.

My name is Joe. Lovely Joe Stalin, Jazz fusion guitarist.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 8, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

Didn't his username used to be "Rapey Joe Stalin"? Or is that someone else with an unfortunately similar username?

I mean we had a mod whose name was straight up "Rape" and he turned out to be al-*realizes it was Ralp* Oh god! Oh poo poo no!

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
Just google a prospective mod’s name and as long as the first result isn’t a link to a sex offender registry then they will be qualified and are good enough to do the job, imho.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

For_Great_Justice posted:

Beer4 is a swill person.

Bedlamdan posted:

Also why did WinsonPaine leave in the first place, anyways? He has just outright stopped posting.

I don't wanna speak for him or nothin' but I think it was because kids happened to him.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Since nobody nominated me I don't care who you make a mod. :colbert: as long as it's not Plutonis.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'll keep that in mind

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

I don't wanna speak for him or nothin' but I think it was because kids happened to him.

I could understand not wanting to mod or being too busy to mod, but people have had kids while also posting within the last two years :shrug:

Anyways who ever becomes a mod should at least be aloof or indifferent to whatever deep and abiding inter-poster vendettas have developed over the last seven or so years so my proposal is that a board game poster mod the rpg posters and vice versa.

Though to be honest, I can imagine that all that many people recommended to be a mod would actually want to mod the forums, and those who do should immediately be distrusted.

Bedlamdan fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 8, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bedlamdan posted:

I could understand not wanting to mod or being too busy to mod, but people have had kids while also posting within the last two years :shrug:

I hear being a good moderator might take a little bit more time and effort than just posting :shrug: but again I don't speak for WP.

He handed Secret Santa off to me in 2010 because it was already too much hassle for him, though. He did a great job with it before, but it was exploding in popularity and becoming a big time sink.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
1. Make a new subforum for 5e
2. Make everyone who has ever gotten in an argument about Forgotten Realms in the 5e thread mods of it
3. Seal the doors once they are inside in the fashion of the Egyptian pharaohs, entombing their posts inside forevermore
4. Make ARB or gradenko mods or whatever

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kwyndig posted:

Since nobody nominated me I don't care who you make a mod. :colbert: as long as it's not Plutonis.

Agreed

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
Reopen grognards.txt

Leperflesh posted:

I hear being a good moderator might take a little bit more time and effort than just posting :shrug: but again I don't speak for WP.

Yeah, and I can understand not wanting to mod, though him just not posting anymore even as a non-mod makes me kinda bummed.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Bedlamdan posted:

Anyways who ever becomes a mod should at least be aloof or indifferent to whatever deep and abiding inter-poster vendettas have developed over the last seven or so years so my proposal is that a board game poster mod the rpg posters and vice versa.

Though to be honest, I can imagine that all that many people recommended to be a mod would actually want to mod the forums, and those who do should immediately be distrusted.

Having young children and moderating people who frequently act like young children are both very emotionally exhausting tasks and it is not really surprising that Winson decided to cut out the one he didn't give as much of a poo poo about.

He is a good dude and he is free now, free of this hellscape.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Reene posted:

Having young children and moderating people who frequently act like young children are both very emotionally exhausting tasks and it is not really surprising that Winson decided to cut out the one he didn't give as much of a poo poo about.

Yeah, I really wouldn't want to be a mod either. I just think it would've been neat if he still hung around here after stepping down is all.

Reene posted:

He is a good dude and he is free now, free of this hellscape.

:hai:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Judgement posted:

As somebody who has not posted for years and barely did even back then:

Do it you cowards. Dehumanize yourself and face to the elf.

:hai:

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

My name is Joe. Lovely Joe Stalin, Jazz fusion guitarist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4agvq9eHQM

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

No mods, no masters

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Lovely Joe will lead the Wargames community into a glorious future of prosperity, good posts and Ham.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Please do not make Joe mod.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!

gently caress off you disingenuous misery.

gently caress off you insipid little poo poo.  People took offence to you being a spiteful oval office.  If you don't want people pointing out that you're being a oval office, don't be a oval office.

oval office.

Shut up you mithering fuckwit.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Joe is not lovely.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

All right i support that guy now

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
please change the thread title when people stop just talking about who should be mod

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

mango sentinel posted:

Please do not make Joe mod.

anime avatars holding true to the wrong opinions posting

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Happyelf hasn't posted in a decade.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Honestly, that's the kind of modding we need. Enough of the nerd social fallacy. Let's call a mithering fuckwit a mithering fuckwit.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Plutonis posted:

Happyelf hasn't posted in a decade.

we need mods willing to listen & not speak, another vote for the lef!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I want to make it clear that my suggestion against Joe is in no way an endorsement of For Great Justice or anything he has ever posted.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Beerdeer posted:

Honestly, that's the kind of modding we need. Enough of the nerd social fallacy. Let's call a mithering fuckwit a mithering fuckwit.
I learned a new word today.

Vinchenz
Jul 13, 2012

But trust me, I know that I'm the worst bastard here.
as someone who's only ever lurked the RPG threads with very few occasional postings here and there throughout the years, alien rope burn and gradenko both get my support

they do a good postin's

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Joe is the mod most of the wargaming posters need. I'll take Corrode or Beer as well. There absolutely does need to be at least two because I have no idea who some of the people in here are.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
ARB and gradenko seem like they'd do well, if they wanted the trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

please welcome your new mod who's technically not a new mod, Beer4TheBeerGod!

also please welcome your new ik Alien Rope Burn, who will, if ettin feels the need to step down due to real life commitments, will be a regular mod, barring some kind of spectacular meltdown between now and then.