Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kavros posted:

When the issue became a difference between one of your earlier assertions (that Mueller was being secretive about his indictments) and what was really going on (Mueller was being secretive about his investigation) you stated that Trump already knows literally everything that Mueller is up to, as a way of essentially asserting that Mueller's secrecy serves no purpose and is a reason to label him as a flawed dude. To back up your claim that Trump already knows literally everything about Mueller's investigation, you said that it was true because Comey suspected that there was a leak from the FBI to Giuliani.

You never produced a coherent answer as to why that backs up your completely different claim, and you never produced a coherent response to the question about why Mueller would have been able to get away with specific things that caught him mostly or entirely unaware, such as the Cohen raid, if Trump & Co were fully aware of what was happening in the Mueller investigation.

Giuliani absolutely does not have a leak that has informed him about everything Mueller was doing, and you made the claim that he did. Trump is not aware of everything Mueller is doing. Nothing that has happened is consistent with your claim. Nothing that has happened is consistent even with a claim that Trump knew even half of what Mueller was keeping secret from the Administration.

So you fall back on projecting at me about incoherence.

:chloe:

Yea I’m sure the old white male Republican has this under wraps. Let’s all watch him as he locks Trump up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
fwiw i think rolling right in with "we're impeaching Trump because emoluments clause" or something might be a winner, but it's less of a winner than waiting for Mueller et al's quite likely reporting and lawsuits on various crimes

helpful reminder that other investigations into the Trump Organization's financial enterprises are trundling along, the new NYAG was elected in large part on a platform of "I will investigate the poo poo out of Donald Trump", and the Trump Foundation is pretty likely to be dissolved and him and his kids barred from serving on charity boards for more or less forever

There's not really any harm imo in House Democrats waiting a bit to see what falls out from various justice entities whacking the pinata.

also stop engaging white sauce

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Done, but does he just do this all the time, or

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Helpful every-fifty-pages-or-so reposting of the NYAG filing against the Trump Foundation, which is pretty hilarious reading and also the farthest along suit against Trump directly-ish (with the possible exception of the emoluments clause hilarity):

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/attorney-general-underwood-announces-lawsuit-against-donald-j-trump-foundation-and-its

https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/court_stamped_petition.pdf

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't think there's any problem in waiting, i'm posting in response to people think impeachment would be politically harmful for the democrats and making ahistorical comparisons to clinton.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Helpful every-fifty-pages-or-so reposting of the NYAG filing against the Trump Foundation, which is pretty hilarious reading and also the farthest along suit against Trump directly-ish (with the possible exception of the emoluments clause hilarity):

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/attorney-general-underwood-announces-lawsuit-against-donald-j-trump-foundation-and-its

https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/court_stamped_petition.pdf

the good thing is even if say trump resigns after he loses re-election so pence can pardon him or whatever maneuvers they try is they can still go after all his businesses and ruin him.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

professional poster on a closed forum. Do not attempt.

Kavros posted:

Done, but does he just do this all the time, or

Pretty much.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

the good thing is even if say trump resigns after he loses election so pence can pardon him is they can still go after all his businesses and ruin him.

That's part of why I'm so gleeful about this sort of thing, yes. :v:

The Trump Organization is almost certainly up to its neck in money crimes.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I am fairly confident that the key to ending the Trump horror show lies in taking away his money, or the good business man perception of it, and de-platforming him as much as possible. The latter requires going after the money of Twitter and fox news and is a little bit more difficult for obvious reasons.

It would probably be easier to get Trump to stop interacting with them then to stop those platforms themselves. But without the money, especially the Russian money, he's not building the Trump Network.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well let’s hope at the very least the Trump name will be so tainted he’ll start hemorrhaging money and never recover once he’s out of office.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

RuanGacho posted:

I am fairly confident that the key to ending the Trump horror show lies in taking away his money, or the good business man perception of it, and de-platforming him as much as possible. The latter requires going after the money of Twitter and fox news and is a little bit more difficult for obvious reasons.

It would probably be easier to get Trump to stop interacting with them then to stop those platforms themselves.

This is America, and businesses have vastly more rights than citizens. But that's a chicken or the egg question. How do you defund FOX news, or how do you get an applause addict to not pay attention to it?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

white sauce posted:

:chloe:

Yea I’m sure the old white male Republican has this under wraps. Let’s all watch him as he locks Trump up.

lol you were just objectively wrong about the whole "even today the FBI is telling rudy everything" poo poo and you can't even admit it, just melt down as Kavros unwisely attempts to engage with you in good faith

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Invalid Validation posted:

Well let’s hope at the very least the Trump name will be so tainted he’ll start hemorrhaging money and never recover once he’s out of office.

I think his businesses are hosed with out a doubt since New York seems to be going at them hard. I think his kids are gonna get hosed on state crimes too.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

eke out posted:

lol you were just objectively wrong about the whole "even today the FBI is telling rudy everything" poo poo and you can't even admit it, just melt down as Kavros unwisely attempts to engage with you in good faith

I mean if clueless blubbering crybaby Comey actually thinks that the FBI is passing information to moron Giuliani then it’s loving likely Giuliani has also admitted to it publicly. It just so happens all these old republicans are fools.

Imagine if Trump was smart and as savvy as Putin. America and the rest of the world would be utterly hosed.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think they probably are losing a ton of money though. mostly because they no longer care about appearing to be "moderate" and their willingness to say super awful poo poo doesn't help them any.

I'm thinking more they bribed/influenced the folks at the top as opposed to the organization as a whole. Sending the organization you pretend to believe in off on a suicide mission because "gently caress you, got mine" is about as Republican as you can get.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Also, bringing down Trump and his criminal empire means that other criminal empires can be brought down so it’s probably never going to happen.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/jeremyscahill/status/1071856051102932992

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1071802538977046529

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Invalid Validation posted:

Here's hope, but: Whatever vile alchemy powers the trump voter's brain seems like it will last a good long while. If not imprisoned he'll at least have a FOX news show.

With merchandise.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

rip vaguely competent horrible racist rear end in a top hat, heres hoping your replacement sucks more at his job

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/PghPublicSafety/status/1071793489535488001
RRRRRRRGGGGH!

Alright I'm going to start walking the streets holding a shovel. To beat nazis to death with and then bury them shallowly.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Haha, that chant at the end is great. "Caca, pipi, capitalisme."

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Frabba posted:

I feel like this is a more difficult rake for him to avoid at this point than you’re giving him credit for. Trump spent how long asking (and being rejected by) every respected/conservative lawyer he could find to join his defense team?

Who could he even nominate, other than maybe Jeanne Pirro?

Hmm, that's a good point, although I bet he did ask Jeanne Pirro too.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I am a business man with a solid forty years of criming under my belt. I have shady deals with foreign governments, and dozens of pending lawsuits. I’m stealing money from my charitable foundation. I’m paying off cops, criminals, and courts. I have generated and/or hidden billions of dollars from illegal enterprises in my lifetime. Somehow, I’ve gotten away clean for over four decades. I would like to continue grifting and stealing without consequence. Should I

A) Run for the most visible and scrutinized public office in the known universe
B) We don’t need B, because A is obviously the correct answer. Make it so!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1071864104850202624

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I am a business man with a solid forty years of criming under my belt. I have shady deals with foreign governments, and dozens of pending lawsuits. I’m stealing money from my charitable foundation. I’m paying off cops, criminals, and courts. I have generated and/or hidden billions of dollars from illegal enterprises in my lifetime. Somehow, I’ve gotten away clean for over four decades. I would like to continue grifting and stealing without consequence. Should I

i'll go to my death believing this was a marketing stunt gone wrong.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Tibalt posted:

Boy, I can't conceive of any possible implications or consequences from letting the elected President be removed from office for purely partisan reasons once the opposing party wins control of the legislature. Literally none.

Not a single example in the last 20 years and 10 days come to mind.

LOL this assumes that Democrats are the good guys and don't deserve to be prosecuted for their crimes when in fact they are also trash criminals who take fucktons of money from billionaire Wall Street donors and their presidential criminal empires deserve to be brought down just like anyone else's.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I think at some point the plan was not to get elected and instead create TrumpTV. But Trump greedy narcissistic and stupid so...

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

rip vaguely competent horrible racist rear end in a top hat, heres hoping your replacement sucks more at his job

Was he even vaguely competent? That's always been the popular perception, but I sure as hell didn't notice any change between before and after he showed up.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s just going to suck when on Day 1 of the new Congressional term someone is going to ask Pelosi about impeachment and she’ll give some safe non-committal answer like “we’re currently looking to pursue various possibilities depending on circumstances blah blah blah” and the immediate reaction is going to be “loving WEAK DEMS, MAKE AOC SPEAKER”

It'll suck more when she gives that answer up until she replaces it with "Well, it's too close to the election" and never does a single goddamn thing.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

Smeef posted:

Was he even vaguely competent? That's always been the popular perception, but I sure as hell didn't notice any change between before and after he showed up.

Prior to Kelly, the likes of Omarosa and Scaramucci roamed the White House. He definitely kicked out the loonier elements and reined Trump in a fair bit.

Z. Autobahn fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 9, 2018

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1071833984039116801

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

1glitch0 posted:

It'll suck more when she gives that answer up until she replaces it with "Well, it's too close to the election" and never does a single goddamn thing.

Toxx it or :getout:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Smeef posted:

You didn't?

I fully expect to Trump be riding around Kushner which he claims is a real T-Rex, whipping paper towels at anyone he finds within a month of Kelly quitting.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

don jr is the most pathetic human being to ever live.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

He had no fear because

1) He had never faced actual consequences for anything
2) He is an idiot who cannot imagine consequences he has not yet faced

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/dignified_n_old/status/1071869758415364096

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Elephant Ambush posted:

LOL this assumes that Democrats are the good guys and don't deserve to be prosecuted for their crimes when in fact they are also trash criminals who take fucktons of money from billionaire Wall Street donors and their presidential criminal empires deserve to be brought down just like anyone else's.
Yes, because it would be the capitalist liberal party that would be forced out by entrenched power structures despite popular proletariat approval.

Oh wait, I see where this is going.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

weapon skins got weird.

good riddance to bag garbage. i am kinda curious how much worse/stupid poo poo will get now. kelly is an evil gently caress, but he kept some of trumps worse impulses under check. i doubt muchin or whoever will be the same.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/leftistthot420/status/1071849990555746305

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so what are the chances of him getting thrown out of office?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Chinese Gordon posted:

The impeachment process is entirely political and is it overwhelmingly likely that Trump will not be indicted while he is a sitting president. Republican senators will not vote to convict unless Trump loses the support of the chuds, and nothing Mueller says will do that. That doesn't mean the Dem house shouldn't impeach, because they absolutely should as soon as it becomes likely a net political positive to do so.

I also don't think Mueller is some kind of superhero, just a competent cop/prosecutor with a massive hard-on for Doing Things By The Book

They shouldn't wait until it's a "net political positive." Once you can nail him to the wall, do it. One of the very reasons Congress exists is as a check on the President, so if you have absolutely impeachable evidence you act on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high
There's only one thing Kelly's departure really means...

The Mooch.

Will Rise.

Again.