Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Scene - Marsh and Marshwife are in the living room while long son is rolling around on the floor, playing with a stuffed toy cow. long son looks at the tv while the bengals kicker misses a fg as time expires. He turns around, and begins to open his mouth as if to speak for the first time. Marsh leans in, a smile on his face, and his wife is giddy with anticipation. Suddenly, the long son looks right at Marsh, and with his first breath, "i'm glad the bengals lost" is heard from the baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Ravens erased the stain of Ohio Sports from themselves when they won a championship

Wrong!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
?

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME

Oberst posted:

Lmao wat

Lmao holy poo poo

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Browns in the playoffs. All the lmaos.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
If the Browns win out and miss the playoffs because of that dogshit bad spot in the Raiders game I will be quite mad.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Bigass Moth posted:

If the Browns win out and miss the playoffs because of that dogshit bad spot in the Raiders game I will be quite mad.

Or the missed kicks in the Saints game. Or Todd Haley's play calling in the Bucs game.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
when was the last time the afcn lost except the browns?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Oberst posted:

Scene - Marsh and Marshwife are in the living room while long son is rolling around on the floor, playing with a stuffed toy cow. long son looks at the tv while the bengals kicker misses a fg as time expires. He turns around, and begins to open his mouth as if to speak for the first time. Marsh leans in, a smile on his face, and his wife is giddy with anticipation. Suddenly, the long son looks right at Marsh, and with his first breath, "i'm glad the bengals lost" is heard from the baby.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

No Irish Need Imply posted:

when was the last time the afcn lost except the browns?

Maybe in 2014

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/joereedy/status/1071956759990829057

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Oberst posted:

*commentary track to the ober post* you see this marsh oussy guy has a son that is above average in length

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Flikken posted:

Maybe in 2014

Week 9 in 2013

CLE def BAL
NE def PIT
MIA def CIN

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

*commentary track to the ober post* you see this marsh oussy guy has a son that is above average in length

normal dimensions for my normal son

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Thread. I'd just like to say one thing. I hope the Baltimore Ravens make exactly one more appearance in the Super Bowl during the existence of their franchise. And in this Super Bowl, I'd like to them to face the New Orleans Saints. And I'd like the Ravens to lose this matchup. I don't think I'm asking too much here. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

Bigass Moth posted:

if the browns miss the playoffs by one game you'll at the drat parade.

but yeah, you're right, they're obviously going to win out while the steelers and ravens combine for two wins.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

i don't think you'll have to worry about the browns barely missing the playoffs

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
The Cleveland Browns have won the Super Bowl!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Nervous posted:

Thread. I'd just like to say one thing. I hope the Baltimore Ravens make exactly one more appearance in the Super Bowl during the existence of their franchise. And in this Super Bowl, I'd like to them to face the New Orleans Saints. And I'd like the Ravens to lose this matchup. I don't think I'm asking too much here. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I've been looking for you

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

After some thought I've decided to chalk yesterday up as a Ref Loss so the Ravens technically beat the Chiefs.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

After some thought I've decided to chalk yesterday up as a Ref Loss so the Ravens technically beat the Chiefs.

It wasn't a ref loss because we had the game won if the defense didn't decide it was a grand idea to have CJ Mosley on Tyreek Hill on 4th and 9. Not only was the first down a disaster but it was a huge chunk of yardage that let them make up for the time on the clock they screwed themselves out of and prevented us more tries for a stop or turnover. It was one of the dumbest defensive playcalls in the history of this team. And I know we were blitzing but there should not have been a linebacker on maybe the most explosive player in the league this year. Reminds me of week 2 against AJ Green and in the past against Antonio Brown. This team has too much pride sometimes or something and thinks it can get away with dumb stuff like leaving premier players with bare-bones coverage. Or worse.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kawalimus posted:

It wasn't a ref loss because we had the game won if the defense didn't decide it was a grand idea to have CJ Mosley on Tyreek Hill on 4th and 9. Not only was the first down a disaster but it was a huge chunk of yardage that let them make up for the time on the clock they screwed themselves out of and prevented us more tries for a stop or turnover. It was one of the dumbest defensive playcalls in the history of this team. And I know we were blitzing but there should not have been a linebacker on maybe the most explosive player in the league this year. Reminds me of week 2 against AJ Green and in the past against Antonio Brown. This team has too much pride sometimes or something and thinks it can get away with dumb stuff like leaving premier players with bare-bones coverage. Or worse.

Sometimes defenses get manipulated into bad match-ups, my bird friend. It's what good offenses do

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Sometimes defenses get manipulated into bad match-ups, my bird friend. It's what good offenses do

We weren't manipulated. We bet the house on the idea that we could get to Mahomes and failed to do so. We chose to have Mosley cover him and it was extremely dumb.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Disband the Baltimore Ravens.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

Disband the Baltimore Ravens.

I'd probably join the Eagles. Taking the fight to the Redskins!!!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kawalimus posted:

We weren't manipulated. We bet the house on the idea that we could get to Mahomes and failed to do so. We chose to have Mosley cover him and it was extremely dumb.

When you see a LB in coverage on a number 1 receiver, it's because the offense anticipated what the defense was doing and exploited the matchup. This is a football fundamental. Defense rarely dictates gameplay, this isn't 2008

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

When you see a LB in coverage on a number 1 receiver, it's because the offense anticipated what the defense was doing and exploited the matchup. This is a football fundamental. Defense rarely dictates gameplay, this isn't 2008

Well we should have anticipated that ourselves and made sure Hill was taken care of. :D

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It is 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

It is 2008

I know Marvin hasn't made the playoffs in a few years but he deserves a bit of slack for turning the franchise around imo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
laughing at this baltimore vs. cleveland argument. I guess when you live in either of those places your only comfort is that the other is worse ;)

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Well he's right in that the situation probably only arose because they were blitzing, so in a way they were betting a lot on their guys getting to or at least disrupting the quarterback. It didn't work, mostly because of Patrick Mahomes and him being able to do things no one else can,, but it was still a good call. Besides it's the Ravens and I firmly believe that without the frequent blitzing and confusing "show" coverages they'd be only a mediocre defense rather than a great one. So it's hard to get away from that when basically they rely on the blitz and bringing pressure from unexpected places which will expose weaknesses sometimes

Baker made some amazing passes this week. WAY down the field too. He is looking legit recently

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Ravens are freaking good

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Play posted:

laughing at this baltimore vs. cleveland argument. I guess when you live in either of those places your only comfort is that the other is worse ;)

Lol no one lives in Baltimore except riht and kawalimus

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Two freaking thousand... and eight!

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Blitzing is good. Not bringing 5 every down is cowardice

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Oberst posted:

Blitzing is good. Not bringing 5 every down is cowardice

but sometimes you have to call cover 3 buzz

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i didnt see the game or the play but im glad that dean pees finally covered The Sidelines and that the ravens won the game

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

oh now i did watch the play, cj mosley isnt even the one covering hill lmao, he just picks him up out of his zone after a scramble cause hes a good player and he nearly covers him. what the gently caress are you even babbling about kawa. he was covered by zone over the top by weddle with mosley playing zone underneath then mahomes and him just randomly running around ended up that way. at no point in the entire defensive play was hill cj mosleys responsibility, if anything hill was double covered till weddle ran off somewhere.

big ol rant about how the ravens dont show other teams recievers enough respect on a play where hill was double covered lol.

e: also, not a blitz? they brought 4. i was gonna say its a good zone blitz but its not even a blitz, they just rushed with all 4 of their lineman and no linebackers or DBs. so no, they did not sell out on a blitz and leave cj mosley alone 1 on 1 with a wr like you said. They didn't blitz and that linebacker was playing a middle zone with 2 safeties(and 2 cbs) over the top of him. literally the exact opposite

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 11, 2018

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I try. Well, maybe it's Weddle's fault then. But nobody should've let hill go like that. I was already mad at Weddle for not tackling hill on that 3rd and 19 earlier that led to a TD. If we stop them right there then we might have just won outright.

I probably remembered it as a blitz because Judon or whoever was right up in Mahomes. Maybe we should have blitzed.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

they got immediate pressure how would a blitz have helped? also you just pivoted from the ravens are absurdly aggressive and its why they fail to now being conservative? the fact is they had blanket coverage on every receiver all the way till the end of their routes while also having multiple free runners at the qb even with the other team leaving blockers and having rbs chip. the playcall was good and it was well executed but mahomes(and hill) outdid them. it happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
After watching Ravens/Chiefs last night instead of the game that was actually on my conclusion is that might the game of the year. Love that guy Dixon on the Ravens, he looks like a drat bowling ball all thick in the body and thin arms but he is quick as hell and really fun to watch. Seems like they're moving him into the co-lead back spot with Edwards which is cool. Mahomes was pretty impressive and so were the Ravens. Plenty of fourth downs, lots of great runs. Some great defense on both sides. Plus it had Romo on the commentary and he was great. Best game I've seen for a while