Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
The C&C rivals guild (We shall have RESPECT) is full at 30 and still has apps waiting. The game just released and I expect some folks are going to hard bounce off of it. I'll be pruning lowbie accounts that don't have any battles fought for 3 days starting tomorrow to make room.

E: On the one hand I don't know if there's enough interest for its own thread since communication in game is easy enough. Otoh trying to have crossdiscussion in two different ecosystem threads is a pain in the rear end if there's people in different clans. If I need to put together an effort OP so it can die after 8 pages like so many other mobile game threads let me know.

thuly fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Aramoro posted:

Talks about giving each other belly rubs on the second screen, I assume it's some sort of weirdo furry-rpg.

How dare yo. Kaiju Big Battel is a very serious organization.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

A LOVELY LAD posted:

If you go into settings and your accessibility settings you can maybe gently caress about with the screen zoom and/or make it so you can use the touch screen as a mouse which could allow you to reach the button?

Yeah I tried all the resolutions and zooming settings I could find, nothing worked. I just skipped the tutorial all together and I'll figure it out as I go I guess.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I was trying out some random Google Play suggestions and ran across this game called Dead Ahead - Zombie Warfare: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobirate.DeadAheadTactics

I'm not super far, but I really like it. The pixel art is great, I haven't felt the need to spend anything, and I like the gameplay. It reminds me of that cat game that was big a while back where you have a "base" on one side (a bus in this case) and you're waiting for resources to tick up to send out different types of fighters to duke it out in the middle.

The reviews seem to indicate that you hit a point where the grind becomes no fun, but I'll play until then.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 7, 2018

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

And now something near and dear to MY heart, a game I did the sound design and music for, Guide is now out.

It might not be up the alley of a lot of goons here, but I figured I'd post it here anyway. The main point of the game is to teach younger people about how to deal with anxiety. :unsmith: There's also a PC release that happened a few days ago, available on itch.io

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Sega put up Sonic 1 and 2 on Google Play for free (albeit with ads), should I go for it or nah?

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

cool dance moves posted:

Sega put up Sonic 1 and 2 on Google Play for free (albeit with ads), should I go for it or nah?

Are you seriously asking if you should play a free game?

No, the answer is no.

And you probably are a furry too

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

macdonal hamborkles posted:

Are you seriously asking if you should play a free game?

No, the answer is no.

And you probably are a furry too

I'll never recover from this :negative:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Adolf Glitter posted:

In.
We're at about members 15 now. I'll look into the guild war thing and maybe set up a discord. The guild starter seems to play pretty little, but he's made me co-boss, so it's cool.

I reckon I'll probably drop Epic 7 now. Only so much time in the day, and King's Raid has also kept my attention, but Epic 7 is leaving me cold game-play wise as it progresses

Yeah this is kind of where I'm at, which is why I made you leader. Juggling Epic 7/Grand Chase/Kings Raid isn't gonna happen, so trying to figure out which of the first two, if either, I feel like sticking with. Already completed the story in Epic 7 so that's a point against it at the moment.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

DemonMage posted:

Yeah this is kind of where I'm at, which is why I made you leader. Juggling Epic 7/Grand Chase/Kings Raid isn't gonna happen, so trying to figure out which of the first two, if either, I feel like sticking with. Already completed the story in Epic 7 so that's a point against it at the moment.
Ah, cool, thanks I didn't notice. If you stick the GC and want the reigns back, just say, it's cool. If I get sick of it I'll check in with you, or pass it along, there's others that will inevitably streak ahead of me, I'm not so good (or interested in) at PvP for a start.
The game generally seems fun so far, but it's early days eh.
1 main, and one casual is how it'll probably go, but 3 similar ones is too much. King's Raid is a massive time sink too if you let it.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Im so bored out of my mind I will install this lovely anime tits gacha and probably play it way more than I should

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

WaltherFeng posted:

Im so bored out of my mind I will install this lovely anime tits gacha and probably play it way more than I should

Part time employment, and insomnia makes for a long rear end day.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

WaltherFeng posted:

That doesn't really narrow down the list of gachas. :)

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

thuly posted:

The C&C rivals guild (We shall have RESPECT) is full at 30 and still has apps waiting. The game just released and I expect some folks are going to hard bounce off of it. I'll be pruning lowbie accounts that don't have any battles fought for 3 days starting tomorrow to make room.

E: On the one hand I don't know if there's enough interest for its own thread since communication in game is easy enough. Otoh trying to have crossdiscussion in two different ecosystem threads is a pain in the rear end if there's people in different clans. If I need to put together an effort OP so it can die after 8 pages like so many other mobile game threads let me know.
I'm in another guild for now as Respect was full so it would be a good idea to prune inactives at some point. Rivals is a pretty good game so might be worth a thread.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Please make a thread, I'm interested.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
FINALLY got 100% in that Konami Picross game! I don't really have anything else but just wanted to let y'all know!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

axelblaze posted:

FINALLY got 100% in that Konami Picross game! I don't really have anything else but just wanted to let y'all know!

You can get over 100%. If you check out the categories, you're missing about 25.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I saw but still...:woop:

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

hooah posted:

You can get over 100%. If you check out the categories, you're missing about 25.

But how do you actually play them? The free play keeps picking puzzles ice already solved.

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

thuly posted:

Making a thread is worthwhile even if only so we can keep track of the goon guilds cos there's inevitably going to be more than one and you have to search by name ingame.

Also to keep track on the ingame timed events if those are ever going to be a thing.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

The Merkinman posted:

But how do you actually play them? The free play keeps picking puzzles ice already solved.

Yeah, it seems that way for a while. I've done at least a couple dozen since 100% and I've got maybe 6 or 7 new ones. It sucks.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

hooah posted:

Yeah, it seems that way for a while. I've done at least a couple dozen since 100% and I've got maybe 6 or 7 new ones. It sucks.

Ha looks like the game got an update to solve this issue!

EDIT: or not

The Merkinman fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 10, 2018

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

The Merkinman posted:

Ha looks like the game got an update to solve this issue!

EDIT: or not

Yeah, it got loving weird now. More ads, too.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

hooah posted:

Yeah, it got loving weird now. More ads, too.

I have not once seen an ad in the game, no idea why.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

norp posted:

I have not once seen an ad in the game, no idea why.

Huh. I rarely see the large ones because I tap before they show up, but there's usually a banner along the bottom.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Not even that

Its like the ad network doesn't work on my phone or something. Perhaps they just don't service Australia for some reason? Perhaps my grey import phone shows up as being some untargeted segment?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo is the update to the Konami picross game done. Playing without Xs is just annoying and the challenge it adds feels dumb and just not fun.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

axelblaze posted:

Holy poo poo is the update to the Konami picross game done. Playing without Xs is just annoying and the challenge it adds feels dumb and just not fun.

It is satan incarnate.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Playing picross without X's is like some hosed up punishment. Like you gotta solve this puzzle and you're looking over at Sisyphus being like dude I will swap for your Boulder.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Just wanna say that I'm enjoying twinfold a lot

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
My brother was playing this the other day and it is pretty fun.

Ganz schön clever

It is a digital version of the board game by the same name. It is a neat little dice puzzle.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Since I upgraded my phone from a galaxy s6 to a pixel 3, ads have started showing up in the pixel picross game. Shame.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Knowlue posted:

Just wanna say that I'm enjoying twinfold a lot

:same: despite being so bad at it

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

Morpheus posted:

Since I upgraded my phone from a galaxy s6 to a pixel 3, ads have started showing up in the pixel picross game. Shame.

Did you have to start over or did you find a way to copy over your progress?

I switched phones a few weeks ago and was at around 50% on the old phone. Can't bring myself to start over.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
I think Twinfold might be my favourite phone game since dungeon raid

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Trampus posted:

Did you have to start over or did you find a way to copy over your progress?

I switched phones a few weeks ago and was at around 50% on the old phone. Can't bring myself to start over.

Copied over during the setup of the new phone - basically you plug one end of a cable into the old phone, one into the new, and tell the new phone what stuff you're copying over. Wasn't sure if it'd copy over app save data (one particular app I use to track board game plays didn't copy its data over) but for the most part it looks like most stuff copied without issue.

HampHamp posted:

I think Twinfold might be my favourite phone game since dungeon raid

Are there any progression mechanics between runs, or is it just a matter of chasing a high score in each run?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Morpheus posted:

Are there any progression mechanics between runs, or is it just a matter of chasing a high score in each run?

So far it seems to be to just chase a high score.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole

axelblaze posted:

I finally got 100% and I think I'm done with this game if I can't have Xs. It was a nice game I could lose attention and come back to minutes/hours later to continue.

Anybody have a new idle game? Every game I've tried isn't scratching the itch like Egg Inc, Idle Oil Tycoon, Adventure Capitalist did.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Twinfold could be really good if they added some more endgame content. Also, the way the gold tiles spawn starts to feel painfully non-random the more you play. Either they spawn right next to each other or on the completely opposite sides of the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Looks like Brawl Stars should be out for everyone now.