Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont know what the hell are you all talking about.
I bring important information for the 2019 Liberty Fromula 1 One season of 2019 presented by Heineken and Pirelli

https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/status/1072129735289917441?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

What the gently caress is going on with the outfits on those servants/stagehands?

And Lewis' random green pants??

(F1 offseason fashion-threadposting)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm wearing green pants rn

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Holy poo poo, your dog got fat and hairy.

Turn your monitor on.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Hamilton's dress sense is artful trolling.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Theophany posted:

Hamilton's dress sense is artful trolling.

I know the first thing I thought of was that every person I’ve ever met who wears red trousers will have snorted into their port.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoctorGonzo posted:

I dont know what the hell are you all talking about.
I bring important information for the 2019 Liberty Fromula 1 One season of 2019 presented by Heineken and Pirelli

https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/status/1072129735289917441?s=19

#alwaysdrinkanddrive

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NGL I emailed Pirelli and asked them if they'd thought of a needlessly complex stepped approach yet, using one name, a letter and a number. Three ladders, if you will, with one stationary and two moving in relation to the ground.
They replied and said it met neither the needs of clarity or simplicity, and offered me a job.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

NGL I emailed Pirelli and asked them if they'd thought of a needlessly complex stepped approach yet, using one name, a letter and a number. Three ladders, if you will, with one stationary and two moving in relation to the ground.
They replied and said it met neither the needs of clarity or simplicity, and offered me a job.

I'd like to showcase my latest Photography Artwork. I call it A Series of Increasingly Poor Posting Decisions With Khablam:

Theophany fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 10, 2018

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Here is a great video of bloated carcass Pat Symonds discussing fitness and failing to be able to conjur a single example of exercise one would do in a gym:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqK36PjvMls

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Pat Symonds looks like he's smuggling a half inflated beach ball under his shirt.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
He used to wear a surfer type necklace all the time when he was doing Sky F1 coverage but because his neck is so fat it was like a choker. loving hell I am ashamed of my fellow Brits.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pat symonds is the only sky f1 pundit that i wish wasnt a spectator of the 1961 italian grand prix

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Theophany posted:

He used to wear a surfer type necklace all the time when he was doing Sky F1 coverage but because his neck is so fat it was like a choker. loving hell I am ashamed of my fellow Brits.

Britain's lucky to have created America so you'll always have somebody else to laugh at.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

pat symonds is the only sky f1 pundit that i wish wasnt a spectator of the 1961 italian grand prix

Paul di Resta, Anthony Davidson and Alan McNish are good.

Also, they have Are Jense next year.

gret posted:

Britain's lucky to have created America so you'll always have somebody else to laugh at.

I'm not religious, but I strongly belive in "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Khablam posted:

I like the new naming scheme Pirelli has for their tires.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frond posted:

I like the new naming scheme Pirelli has for their tires.

yeah im a fan of C1

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I'd like to see just Coulthard and McNish do the commentary for one race together to see how fast they become unintelligible.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bring back refuelling

#docgonzomondaytoughts

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
What are the new naming arrangements? I don't see a point in looking it up if I can get a more humourous answer here.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Theophany posted:

I'd like to showcase my latest Photography Artwork. I call it A Series of Increasingly Poor Posting Decisions With Khablam:

loving mud slingers lol

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilmucche posted:

What are the new naming arrangements? I don't see a point in looking it up if I can get a more humourous answer here.

the hypersoft tyre doesnt exist anymore

hard, medium and soft but the loving stupid compounds remain so soft in australia isnt the same soft in china or whatever. also the tyres this season will be the mercedes specification tyres for all races

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

hey is this something: mercedes tidepods

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Kimoa Kid posted:

hey is this something: mercedes tidepods

It sure is, buddy, good job.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lots of posters getting probated ITT, dont worry friends i will keep you informed on the latest news of formula 1

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

DoctorGonzo posted:

hard, medium and soft but the loving stupid compounds remain so soft in australia isnt the same soft in china or whatever.

This is fine.

DoctorGonzo posted:

also the tyres this season will be the mercedes specification tyres for all races

This is stupid.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ilmucche posted:

There are 5 compounds - Hard is C1, Hypersoft is C5. Ultrahard and Supersoft are dead - there is no equivalent tyre.
Before each race (like, months before) Pirelli will announce which compounds are coming for what race, the softest compound being labelled soft, the hardest compound hard and the middle compound medium.

So in Melbourne Pirelli are bringing the Supersoft, Soft and Medium tyres from this year, presumably because the race will be boring as gently caress so they might as well treat it as such. Bahrain they are bringing the Soft, Medium and Hard from this year, presumably because the ground up bones from subcontinental slaves used in the track surface is super abrasive.

The only thing that changes is that Force India don't have a tyre colour that matches their car at any stage any more.
If Racing Point scrap the strawberry shortcake look do we band together to call for the removal of Stroll and Daddy "somebucks"?

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 11, 2018

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

BubbaGrace posted:

loving mud slingers lol

Amateurs

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Everyone brush up on your resumes https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-46513571

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/joesaward/status/1072128166557310978

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Joe's Award is so insufferable.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

gret posted:

Joe's Award is so insufferable.

The most insufferable piece of poo poo involved with F1 and that's really saying something.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

The most insufferable piece of poo poo involved with F1 and that's really saying something.

You should be more respectful to such an esteemed motorsport journalist.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Theophany posted:

You should be more respectful to such an esteemed motorsport journalist.

Goddamn man you have some of the worst opinions a human can have (outside of a MAGA)

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

You Am I posted:

Goddamn man you have some of the worst opinions a human can have (outside of a MAGA)

Joe Saward has attended every Grand Prix since 1988. He cut his teeth, travelling around Europe, living in a tent, while reporting on the European Formula 3 and European Touring Car Championships. After a short spell at the BBC, he joined Autosport magazine in 1984. He spent 10 years there in various roles, becoming International Editor and ultimately Grand Prix Editor, while bringing the sport closer to the fans with his Globetrotter column.

In 1992 he broadened his portfolio, working for clients all over the world, notably for Japan’s biggest F1 publication, then known as Sony Grand Prix Special. He remains in that role today. In 1995 he established the award-winning e-newsletter now known as The Business of Motorsport, speeding up the global spread of news about racing. This publication Is still read every week by many of the sport’s decision makers.

In 2000 he launched grandprix.com, which became one of the most respected websites in F1. A year later was appointed the first News Editor of Bernie Ecclestone’s F1 magazine.

Joe next became a publisher and having done that, helped to launch another innovation – F1’s first e-magazine, called grandprix+ in 2007. This is a 70-90 page magazine that is published within a few hours of the chequered flag after each race. It is read by subscribers all over the world and is still the fastest F1 magazine available.

During his career he has done all manner of other jobs including broadcasting, script and speech writing, making speeches, consulting with F1 teams, sponsors, TV companies, sporting authorities and even institutions such as the Media Lab at MIT in Boston.

He is the author of a number of books on different subjects and was named Renault UK Author of the Year Award by The Guild of Motoring Writers in 2007 for his book “The Grand Prix Saboteurs”, a story about 1920s racing drivers who became British secret agents in the French Resistance. He wrote the best-selling World Atlas of Motor Racing in 1989.

Today Joe is no longer associated with grandprix.com but concentrates on this blog, while also being F1 Editor of Autocar.

I think a person with a career as illustrious as this, filled with such achievements, should be shown a little respect from random internet opinion havers.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/oneplus-6t-mclaren-edition-officially-unveiled

GP2 phone

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

For someone with so much experience, Saward offers surprisingly bottom-rung journalism.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
anyone got an orange case for my huaway

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
not dutch orange gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU