Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

this will never matter, because they do not care whether or not it is effective, they care about their definition of “morally right.” it is wrong to get an abortion in their worldview, so regardless of the real world results, it must be forbidden. they have no interest in what policies would reduce abortions, they are interested in punishing those who diverge from what they consider “right.” or in a super libertarian, they might agree that it’s bad that people are starving and freezing to death, but would reject increasing taxation to deal with the problem, because it’s “not right” to take away what someone has earned, and if that “moral” consideration isn’t satisfied, they will reject the plan to fix the issue.

e: my post got sort of general, but they won’t care that it provides other services, the fact that it provides any abortions at all means it must be destroyed, because they believe abortions are evil

They also believe those other services are bad, because women who face harsher consequences for having sex (like STDs, unwanted pregnancy, or health complications during a wanted pregnancy) will be incentivized to be more "moral" and not have sex.

And virtuous but poor married women who get pregnant will be incentivized to stop being poor if they can't get prenatal care for their child, and if they don't stop being poor well their deaths improve society because conservatives are monstrous social darwinists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Epic High Five posted:

I predicted during the hearings that what we'd get would be a Kavanaugh who for the first few years is extremely moderate, because that's the stupidest and least likely thing and this is 2018 where that thing is always what we get lol

actually funnier than that would be if he WAS actually extremely moderate and Trump didn't give a poo poo because literally the only question he asked him was, "do you think I should go to jail if I commit crimes" and he's the one who gave the right answer

I think he's just trying not to be the focus on anybody's rage for awhile so that nobody starts throwing around words like impeachment and court packing on the left
A lot of these conservative Federalist Society judges really don't care all that much about hot-button social issues like abortion or gay rights. What they are laser-focused on is providing regulatory relief for companies. Kavanaugh will be 100% on point when the time comes to eviscerate the Interstate Commerce Clause or the Fair Labor Standards Act.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if you only consume conservative media itd be impossible to learn that planned parenthood does anything besides abortions and the sale of fetal tissue to satanists

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Shear Modulus posted:

if you only consume conservative media itd be impossible to learn that planned parenthood does anything besides abortions and the sale of fetal tissue to satanists

actually fetal tissue happens to be the perfect material for manufacturing biodegradable drinking straws

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Shear Modulus posted:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:yeshaha: I remember when this got picked up as real from some conservative outlets

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

what's wrong with this, this seems dope?????

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

:yeshaha: I remember when this got picked up as real from some conservative outlets

did this originate from this dead forum like the bin laden one?

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Al! posted:

design flaws. impossible to abort fetuses quickly enough to make efficient use of the incinerator

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

hobbesmaster posted:

It's from The Onion.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FMguru posted:

It's from The Onion.

oh didn't remember that the diagram was in the article

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

hobbesmaster posted:

The best that came from here is the anti-drug one that says their first injection was a vaccine.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Planned Parenthood used to be able to provide good medical care for low-income women (and men, in some areas). That's "medical care unrelated to any birth control/sex education".
They were much better than the regular medical community, because they actually paid attention to what the patient was saying.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

xcheopis posted:

Planned Parenthood used to be able to provide good medical care for low-income women (and men, in some areas). That's "medical care unrelated to any birth control/sex education".
They were much better than the regular medical community, because they actually paid attention to what the patient was saying.

This is a very bad business model in the US, hth.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

i wish i had mine here

i did find a dollar in the waiting room tho

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Al! posted:

The dining choices in the food court were uninspired and the rock-climbing wall, despite being the largest in Kansas, wasn't especially challenging to anyone of even intermediate skill.

e: Also, you could definitely hear low-level noise from the "noiseless" fetus incinerators when they were running at full burn.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The Snoo posted:

i wish i had mine here

i did find a dollar in the waiting room tho

Was it one of these?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Was it one of these?

lol the first thing I did when I had enough seniority to do so when I was waiting tables was to never work the Sunday lunch shift ever again

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Was it one of these?

what do you think the ratio is of these given out instead of vs in addition to an actual tip

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

jesus WEP posted:

what do you think the ratio is of these given out instead of vs in addition to an actual tip

9:1 if I’m being generous

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ayatollah Hermione posted:

design flaws. impossible to abort fetuses quickly enough to make efficient use of the incinerator

FMguru posted:

The dining choices in the food court were uninspired and the rock-climbing wall, despite being the largest in Kansas, wasn't especially challenging to anyone of even intermediate skill.

e: Also, you could definitely hear low-level noise from the "noiseless" fetus incinerators when they were running at full burn.

just throw the babies into the trash, boom solves both your problems

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

jesus WEP posted:

I've never received one in addition to an actual tip

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
What if the waiter is already Christian? Can they run them down in the parking lot and say "So can I have actual money now?"

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

What if the waiter is already Christian? Can they run them down in the parking lot and say "So can I have actual money now?"

Sounds like a good way to get shot tbqh

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Thou shalt not murder tho!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
PSA: Tip your waiters. Most of the time they make a lovely horrible wage and literally depend on tips for their survival. Not only do they have to split it with the line cooks half the time, but they are taxed based on their sales, not their actual tip.

Seriously, if you can't afford to tip when going out (this mostly apply in north America, I don't know about anywhere else) then don't go out. And do not leave those stupid rear end notes, you are basically ensuring that someone will spit in your food and quite frankly, if they don't, they're better people than you.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Thou shalt not murder tho!

But what if I really want to?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

KILLETH THEM ALL, FOR I SHALL SORTETH THEM OUT

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if they WERE chritstian theyd be going to their particular church, and also would have been granted riches prosperity gospel style like it says in the bible

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Dalael posted:

PSA: Tip your waiters. Most of the time they make a lovely horrible wage and literally depend on tips for their survival. Not only do they have to split it with the line cooks half the time, but they are taxed based on their sales, not their actual tip.

Seriously, if you can't afford to tip when going out (this mostly apply in north America, I don't know about anywhere else) then don't go out. And do not leave those stupid rear end notes, you are basically ensuring that someone will spit in your food and quite frankly, if they don't, they're better people than you.

:gb2gbs: this is cspam we know this

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Dreddout posted:

I've never received one in addition to an actual tip

We didn't get these delivering pizza, instead got mini bibles. Bring $300+ of pizza to a church, check for exact change and a mini bible. Usually it was bright orange. Had like 15 of them in the backseat by the time I quit.

Even the check was grudging, got told more than once, in a serious, lecturing tone, that we should provide to churches for free.

The specific church didn't seem to matter. Black church or white, big or small, no tips. Organized religion gonna organized religion.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

Donny Jr. looked disgusting — nipples protruding — in his pink shirt

lol

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

lol 80,000 pounds of aborted fetuses

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The unwanted pet adoption center is my favorite personally

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
largest rock climbing wall is nothing to sneeze at either

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
fourteen abortion suites isn't nearly enough to max out that incinerator. more liberal excess

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
they get you moving through there p quickly tho the line of women barely even slows down because you just go in and lie down and they bonk you in the tummy with a big mallet

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

And the (now dead) baby goop just runs down the drains in every room into a holding tank in the incinerator room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i think the biggest problem with this plan is it wastes a lot of delicious delicious stem cells