Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It was cheaper for Nintendo to just use their excess 3DS batteries for the Pro Controller than to source new smaller ones and we're all thankful for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

BattleMaster posted:

It's more like I think anyone who says that they want to play it without knowing what it is just because it looks 80s is stupid

Good news: nobody here is saying that.

Personally I want to play it despite not knowing what it is because the developers have made several other games that I enjoyed immensely.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

That's actually my least favorite thing about using headphones with a PS4. Having to plug into the controller feels way more in the way than just having a jack on the console itself like the Switch does.

....you'd rather plug your headphones into the ps4?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Butterfly Valley posted:

....you'd rather plug your headphones into the ps4?

Yeah if you're going to sit that close to wherever you have it set up you may as wel just plug it into the jack on your TV or something unless I'm missing something

Weedle posted:

Good news: nobody here is saying that.

Personally I want to play it despite not knowing what it is because the developers have made several other games that I enjoyed immensely.

I guess if you like mobile games there's no room for disappointment

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

That's actually my least favorite thing about using headphones with a PS4. Having to plug into the controller feels way more in the way than just having a jack on the console itself like the Switch does.

wtf

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the d-pad :( i have so many platformers man

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Zas posted:

Maybe I got a non-jacked-up Pro Controller but while the D-pad is definitely a bit too easy to roll from a primary direction to a diagonal I can still play Celeste and Puyo Puyo Tetris without it driving me insane. It doesn't bother me enough to risk doing the tape mod.

Did they ever fix that in a new revision?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

BattleMaster posted:

So your issues with the game are:

1) It “looks ‘80s”
2) The developer has made mobile games

I mean, if it doesn’t look like your cup of tea, that’s fine, but if you’re going to be aggressively ignorant about it you might as well not post.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
fyi i got the latest 8bitdo adapter and my ps4 controller works great with the switch

it initially made my 2nd switch lock up but i updated the firmware and now it works fine

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Weedle posted:

So your issues with the game are:

1) It “looks ‘80s”
2) The developer has made mobile games

I mean, if it doesn’t look like your cup of tea, that’s fine, but if you’re going to be aggressively ignorant about it you might as well not post.

Not really ignorant if that's exactly all we know about the game :v:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
No, that's still ignorant I'm afraid

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Re: Hollow Knight, thanks for all the comments and pointers

My angst last night may have been borne out of the fact I was playing while tired and my coordination sucked, as I flipped the next couple of switches in the White Palace very quickly today. However now I’ve found the route to the path of pain and it’s kinda drawing me in. I’ve made some progress at reliably getting a decent ways in, and keep on pushing, although it’s obviously not easy. My question is if I want to ignore it and take the easier route, can I come back and attempt it again on this save file, or will I lose the opportunity forever (thus also the chance to 112% it) once I leave the dream? I don’t wanna know anything about whether the payoff is ‘worth it’ or anything like that, just if I have the option to go back to it.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

You can go back whenever.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

BattleMaster posted:

If anyone else has been sleeping on Simogo because they come from mobile, I’m here to tell you that they make unusually good games / and interactive art things that make special use of the medium upon which they’re published. Check them out.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

BattleMaster posted:

Not really ignorant if that's exactly all we know about the game :v:

That’s all you know about it. If you had bothered to find out anything at all before making GBS threads on it, you might have learned that it’s a music-driven arcade action game with motorcycle racing, skateboarding, swordfighting, and dancing elements. You might have learned that it’s about a woman whose dream biker self, “The Fool,” goes on a quest to find and battle other bikers, each based on a particular tarot card. But instead, you happened to see some neon colors and a game cartridge in a trailer you barely watched and you decided that was all you needed to come in here and declare that it’s going to be garbage. Again, you’re entitled to your opinion, such as it is, but don’t pretend like you know all there is to know about it.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Sorry I didn't know the minutia of one sentence of lore from a press release, I'll be less ignorant next time

It seems like I am "The Fool" here

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

BattleMaster posted:

Sorry I didn't know the minutia of one sentence of lore from a press release, I'll be less ignorant next time

It seems like I am "The Fool" here

You know you're allowed to not post, right?
Just stop being such a dipshit.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Really digging my heels in on how I don't like this game based on the fact that a Gameboy cartridge can be seen in the trailer.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm the reasonable one! I am!!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I finally unlocked Goku:

Also I hope I can find time for that Stardew multiplayer!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
This game is coming to switch soon and I thought it was really cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okR71WaSQvo

also Gris in a few days!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvECQlxrhbw

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Plus Abzu is out soon! (Now?)

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Amazon has pro controllers $15 off right now in case you're looking for the authentic article

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Zas posted:

My friend: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AJRN4CE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_lIWdCbC33Z707

I have one and it’s Real Good™️

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lemming posted:

Two independent joycons is the best way to play any game
I can see why some people would think that but they are too small for me and my hands start cramping

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

bowmore posted:

I can see why some people would think that but they are too small for me and my hands start cramping

Pain is just weakness leaving the body

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

It's only useful in handheld mode though. Kinda a dealbreaker imo. You can mod the joycon with these dpad joycon shells. Haven't done it personally, but I've heard it's not super difficult overall, or you can pay like 2x the price of a set of joycons get them already modded.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

BattleMaster posted:

Yeah if you're going to sit that close to wherever you have it set up you may as wel just plug it into the jack on your TV or something unless I'm missing something

You know that the PS4 controller they're talking about is wireless right? The gently caress are you talking about sitting close to things?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Imagined posted:

You know that the PS4 controller they're talking about is wireless right? The gently caress are you talking about sitting close to things?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Also I hope I can find time for that Stardew multiplayer!

Stardew Valley has multiplayer now??

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Look Sir Droids posted:

Stardew Valley has multiplayer now??

Wednesday apparently.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Controller in hands. PS4 across room. Why is this hard. :psyduck:

You'd rather sit on the floor in front of the PS4 than on the couch wytfbki u ssacbkmmh

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Imagined posted:

Controller in hands. PS4 across room. Why is this hard. :psyduck:

You'd rather sit on the floor in front of the PS4 than on the couch wytfbki u ssacbkmmh
Apparently reading posts is hard for you. I'm sorry.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

everybody agrees here except for A FUCKIN CANARY, which is why people are trying to figure out wtf he means.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Katamari friends, what are your feelings on the motion controls? Do they get any better with time or should I just stop trying?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I wish nintendo would let me remember the 90's :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z-Asq0mvJ8

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

this is a horrid way to advertise a truly lovely game

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That is way grosser than I remember.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
At first it's like okay that's gross cause you're watching a dude George Costanza all that food into his face close up and it's like that that's a bad way to advertise Yoshi's Island but I understand it in the time of Nickelodeon where gross out humor was so big.

And then he loving explodes and gross food poo poo literally bursts out of him and it's like what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

alf_pogs posted:

this is a horrid way to advertise a truly lovely game

The 90s were something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d15qmRzn2Pc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEu8wDAQuDk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUeb9rwYb8g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUpDHq2vmeo