Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if anything it could hit you in your data cap if you have one but you can leave it at 160p or chat only to minimize that.

did you get banned from poe? someone in the thread said you did but i figured you just got bored of looking for flask macro workarounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I also don't have a data cap.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I hope they bring down the Cetus decoration prices soon. My orbiter's getting crowded with solaris junk.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
poo poo, I wish I knew that before I left for work. I could have left a browser tab open.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Awesome! posted:

my new laptop can run this well instead of struggling with 30fps so im trying it again. bouncing all over the place at such a lovely variable framerate was actually making me motion sick i think.

anyway, i bound crouch to q which made sliding and diving way smoother. any other suggestions for keybinds?

also is there a daily limit to these twitch drops?

If your mouse has a side button try that out for crouching. It feels very natural to me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If its tied purely to twitch account activity... uh. cant you watch twitch at work :v

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I don't have a desk job. I'm just gonna keep a tab open to it on my phone and try to remember to open chrome and look at it once an hour and hope that works.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Hey, I just got lucky and got an Adaptation to drop. What's the consensus as to how good it is and what to run it on?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

hoobajoo posted:

Hey, I just got lucky and got an Adaptation to drop. What's the consensus as to how good it is and what to run it on?

E V E R Y T H I N G.

Okay not everything but it's a Very Strong mod with a wide range of applications. Mag and Volt can both leverage their ability to generate shitloads of overshields to become Extremely Swole with it, as can Harrow. It pretty much does what you'd expect on frames that are already tanky, but the thing that makes it genuinely exciting imo is that the DR works on shields. Thus why it makes the aforementioned frames so much better.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Captain Oblivious posted:

E V E R Y T H I N G.

Okay not everything but it's a Very Strong mod with a wide range of applications. Mag and Volt can both leverage their ability to generate shitloads of overshields to become Extremely Swole with it, as can Harrow. It pretty much does what you'd expect on frames that are already tanky, but the thing that makes it genuinely exciting imo is that the DR works on shields. Thus why it makes the aforementioned frames so much better.

Ah, OK, that's a good point, I never use Mag since she's squishy and this would be rad to add. I wasn't going to level it up if all it did was make unkillable frames like Inaros even more unkillable, but it's exciting it makes shields good.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

hoobajoo posted:

It's great, put it on any frame that can survive more than one hit. It works on shields so frames like Harrow or Mag who can generate overshields will get a lot of EHP out of it. It's also good if you can heal, as the damage resist multiplies the effectiveness of healing. Tanky frames like Oberon, Inaros, Nidus or Valkyr become unkillable.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
A goon pointed it out for eidolons, and so far it seems to be making a noticeable difference in my surviveability for frames I need to be in more often.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

hoobajoo posted:

Ah, OK, that's a good point, I never use Mag since she's squishy and this would be rad to add. I wasn't going to level it up if all it did was make unkillable frames like Inaros even more unkillable, but it's exciting it makes shields good.

Maybe hold off on leveling it. That only increases the resistance gain rate, not the total resistance earned.

Also, please done sleep on Mag. She's so, SO useful.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

hoobajoo posted:

It's amazing on frames that have some sort of EHP pool healing. Unlike all other methods, that involves shields.

You get hit a bunch, you heal your health/shields and now suddenly you're invincible because you have 90% DR and a full pool of EHP.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Souplesse posted:

Think they just broke the succ a while ago, either intentionally or not. Power Strength does help you pull dudes into bubbles though.

Aw, goddamnit. I searched around and apparently putting 2 bubbles on top of each other will increase the pull rate, but getting enemies to stack up like that is...tricky at best.

I remember way back when I couldn't tell most frames apart, and seeing Nidus' tenctacle-grab move. I initially thought that Mag's magnetize bubbles did something similar, and was profoundly disappointed when it just kind of nudged them together instead of crushing them together in a massive floating ball.

I really wish that Mag's bubbles were tweaked. They're still a great defensive move, since they block 100% of incoming fire, but they don't quite behave as advertised. I'd love it if it were changed, or they released a new augment that did any one of the following.
  • Make the 'pull' effect continue even after the initial target dies, as long as there is an enemy in the bubble, increase it's pull strength. Enemies should at least be slowed if they walk into the bubble, faster enemies could break free, but slower, heavier enemies should not.
  • Allow Mag to cast the bubbles freely on the ground, not requiring a specific target.
  • Make the pull effect more similar to Nidus' tentacle-monster thing, crushing enemies together in a writhing mass. Make the duration much shorter, in that case, but still. That would be massively satisfying.
  • Recasting Magnetize on an existing bubble increases it's pull strength/radius. Does not affect duration.

I still love using mag, and Magnetize is very useful as is, but it still feels a little anemic.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I would also REALLY like it if they gave Mag an energy generating mechanic that wasn't completely unusuable like the one she has right now.
It's criminal for such an energy hungry frame to not have any energy generation.

#GiveMagToPablo

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Mag is my favourite to a point where I bought one of her Tennogen skins I usually end sitting inside her bubble and pulling dudes into it. One issue I have with goons always using corrosive projection (this isn't to cause a fight, it's more of a joke) is I can't win everything by just pressing 3 with Mag. :argh:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Just had a fun bounty, the game bugged out when I jumped on a k-drive, my Warframe stayed behind on the ground and I turned into an invincible hoverboard for the duration of the mission. I couldn't dismount and /unstuck didn't fix it:

Awesome! posted:

did you get banned from poe? someone in the thread said you did but i figured you just got bored of looking for flask macro workarounds

I didn't get banned no, just bored. I did find flask macro workarounds too. I had some sweet eye-tracking going for that game as well that helped my wrist, too bad this game isn't as eye-tracker friendly. I feel like Tony Stark with that poo poo, just gazing at things to attack and loot.

edit: There, I set them straight.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 11, 2018

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I witnessed the wonder that is 350% Accumulating Whipclaw.

I dunno if I even need to bother formaing my Jaw Sword, though I probably still should.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i keep wanting to buy a tennogen skin for mag but her deluxe skin is so pretty

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If you know about the Khora 3 super fast leveling glitch do not do it, people are getting permabanned for exploiting it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

when im looking at levels on missions do i compare to my frame level or weapon level or some other level?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Awesome! posted:

when im looking at levels on missions do i compare to my frame level or weapon level or some other level?

It doesn't really compare to any level on your stuff. It's kinda silly like that.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Enemy levels are like,

01-20: total babytown frolics
21-40: still easy but with a little tooth
41-60: light to moderate challenge
61-80: proper threatening
81-100+: get the gently caress in

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Awesome! posted:

Ignore levels, just keep throwing yourself into missions until you hit a wall, then jam more forma into your gear and Endo into your mods. Your combat effectiveness is dependant on skill and mods, not levels. There's no consequences for failure, so just keep trying.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

If you know about the Khora 3 super fast leveling glitch do not do it, people are getting permabanned for exploiting it.

https://twitter.com/N00blShowtek/status/1071946080512806912

lol

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Considering the lack of PVP, that the exploit didn't get you plat or anything you'd buy with plat (rivens,cosmetics,potatoes,etc) and the speed NSO and ESO can level you anyway.... it seems a weird thing to permaban over.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tylana posted:

Considering the lack of PVP, that the exploit didn't get you plat or anything you'd buy with plat (rivens,cosmetics,potatoes,etc) and the speed NSO and ESO can level you anyway.... it seems a weird thing to permaban over.

It does gives you a thing that you can buy with plat. It's practically a super Affinity Booster, no?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

@permabans - It's a very DE move to make. That said, I don't remember anyone ever getting banned for vaultjacking or many of the older economy-altering exploits that we enjoyed back in the day.

@twitchdrops - every newer player should keep brackethouse with 2 streams up in a chrome window 24/7, free potatoed nidus is HUGE because his quest is pretty cancerous to slog through if you're unlucky, and he's a top-tier frame

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

warframe is a f2p game and de is pretty open that there's certain concessions to be made because of that, and needing to power through leveling stuff, sometimes multiple times if you want, is part of the core 'experience' so players don't burn out after a week

so it's not entirely surprising they would take such a hard stance on people deliberately going out of their way to use such a thing. i'm curious if there'll be any chances for those banned to appeal but who knows.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Xitoc225/status/1071197909109092353

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

You do the same thing if you fire autos through power animations - I've been trying forever to get a good pic of my Mag using Pulse while firing a Dex Furis so it looks like she's starting a heist by unloading a gun into the air :xd:

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!
So how good of a Rhino build should I have before I join y'all index runs? I pissed around in low a bit and it isn't that bad, but I am assuming you can be "okay" at the low end and "a huge loving liability" in high risk.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

at some point i got a sugatra from twitch prime rewards. i can see it in my inventory but cant see any way to equip or use it. what is it?

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Awesome! posted:

at some point i got a sugatra from twitch prime rewards. i can see it in my inventory but cant see any way to equip or use it. what is it?

You equip it to your melee weapons under the appearance menu and it just sorta dangles from the hilt. DE really loved them for a bit, made a bunch, and still makes new ones occasionally. I've never seen any player who ever actually gave a poo poo about sugatras.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

I think that one is a cape but for your weapons. It appears on your melee weapons like little flags, for example. Check appearance in Arsenal.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Death Panel Czar posted:

So how good of a Rhino build should I have before I join y'all index runs? I pissed around in low a bit and it isn't that bad, but I am assuming you can be "okay" at the low end and "a huge loving liability" in high risk.

I'm pretty sure you can high risk index in a Rhino with just Vitality and Steel Fiber.
His 2 makes him pretty invincible from the get-go and Index isn't that hard.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ferrovanadium posted:

You equip it to your melee weapons under the appearance menu and it just sorta dangles from the hilt. DE really loved them for a bit, made a bunch, and still makes new ones occasionally. I've never seen any player who ever actually gave a poo poo about sugatras.

They're so tiny that even the biggest one is easily ignored.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Synthbuttrange posted:

They're so tiny that even the biggest one is easily ignored.

I think DE liked them so much because they were easy to make (because tiny) and easy to charge plat for (because cosmetic)

e: and it was so easy to make a whole bunch of them quickly to try and get more people to see one they liked and buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The one that comes with the nekros deluxe is really good.

Ferrovanadium posted:

I've never seen any player who ever actually gave a poo poo about sugatras.

Hello :)