Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Lol i didnt realize garrison was straight up a quanonist now, lmao

has been for awhile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
https://twitter.com/MW_Unrest/status/1072349617315045376

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Incredibly good

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Guys I have a brilliant plan to put a stop to these riots.

Un mars et ça repart!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

farming simulator 2020 looking very good

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

Macron, WHO IS NOT EVEN A DEMOCRAT,

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

holy poo poo!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

this happened but was apparently from 2014 holland

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Kurtofan posted:

Lol i didnt realize garrison was straight up a quanonist now, lmao

one of his recent cartoons had a 'Michelle Obama is really a man' reference

he's in deep with the boomer conspiracy freaks

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

and americans say europeans aren't armed...

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

:eyepoop:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao

https://twitter.com/leninology/status/1072445058564141057

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

💯

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!

I don’t get it. I get most of the words but can’t parse what it means.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Falukorv posted:

I don’t get it. I get most of the words but can’t parse what it means.

It's based on this:

https://meme.xyz/meme/18374/born-on-a-mountain-raised-in-a-cave.html

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Yinlock posted:

this happened but was apparently from 2014 holland

From 2014, in France, against François Hollande*

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

you’ll never guess which new york congress member he links to the paris riots

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Reclines Obesily posted:

post the article i want to read this and feel infinitely superior to noted small turd ben shapiro

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Goon Danton posted:

Lmao are there still Bourbons running around?

*googles*

Yeah I bet [inhales deeply] Luis Alfonso Gonzalo Víctor Manuel Marco de Borbón y Martínez-Bordiú, Duc d'Anjou will be much more responsive to the common people, sure

*bursts into thread*

Napoleon VII or gently caress off

E: Napoleon VI is alive but was disqualified from the succession because he ran in and won a local French election

Obliterati has issued a correction as of 16:13 on Dec 11, 2018

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Durf posted:

one of his recent cartoons had a 'Michelle Obama is really a man' reference

he's in deep with the boomer conspiracy freaks

i thought that was just one of their lame "black women are ugly to me" jokes from 2008

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
drat, turns out rural people loving own

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Flowers For Algeria posted:

post the article i want to read this and feel infinitely superior to noted small turd ben shapiro

This week, riots overwhelmed authorities in Paris, with so-called yellow vest protesters attacking police officers, setting cars on fire, and spray-painting graffiti on historic sites, including the Arc de Triomphe. What prompted this spasm of rage? Reportedly, high gas prices driven by exorbitant taxes placed on both unleaded and diesel fuel—taxes in France already surpass 64 percent on unleaded and 59 percent on diesel.

Amazingly, French President Emmanuel Macron was considering even higher taxes, supposedly designed to curb further carbon emissions, despite the fact that carbon emissions in the EU dropped this year while rising dramatically in developing countries China and India.

But the French riots weren’t only about taxes. They were about government fulfillment of a bevy of other over-the-top demands from the protesters: They want higher taxes on the wealthy, an increase in the minimum wage, a maximum wage, rent controls, increases in spending on infrastructure and retirement, and a full-out ban on outsourcing.

This is the same basket of services promised by populist politicians across the world. And those promises are empty. There is no way to pay for an endless welfare state without endless taxes. According to the Tax Foundation, the Nordic social democracies so beloved by progressives across the world tax the bejeezus out of their citizens: 60.4 percent income tax rate in Denmark, applicable at approximately 1.2 times the average income, as of 2015; 56.9 percent in Sweden, applicable at 1.5 times the average income; 39.0 percent in Norway, applicable at 1.6 times the average income. By way of contrast, the top marginal income tax rate in the United States is higher than Norway’s, at 37 percent—but that tax rate only applies at a bit under 10 times the average household income ($600,000, for married people filing jointly).

And endless spending and regulation have consequences. There is simply no way to support a successful economy on the basis of curbing free trade while limiting the labor supply, controlling rent while disincentivizing construction, lowering the retirement age while demanding that nobody pay the freight. Populism isn’t actually a political program. It’s a bunch of stuff people want to hear. And people like fairy tales.

Which may be why populists continue to gain votes even as their policies threaten prosperity. It’s easy to pledge prosperity while undercutting that prosperity with grandiose verbiage. Representative-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the Democrat from New York, won’t have to feel the brunt of her policy prescriptions—she can merely claim, without any available evidence, that economic regulation based on the threat of climate change will magically fix the world’s problems, jabbering, “It's inevitable that we're going to create industry, and it's inevitable that we can use the transition to a hundred percent renewable energy as the vehicle to truly deliver and establish economic, social and racial justice in the United States of America.”

No, it isn’t inevitable. Were it inevitable, there would be no rioters in France; they’d be happily munching brie and sipping wine as Macron’s higher taxes clicked into place. The reality is that successful economies depends on entrepreneurialism, not redistributionism, on freedom, not restriction, and on reality, not the empty promises of politicians hell-bent on retaining power, even at the expense of prosperity and liberty.

Ben Shapiro is editor-in-chief of The Daily Wire and host of The Ben Shapiro Show, available on iTunes and syndicated across America.​

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Turdlet has a nice ring to it.

Reclines Obesily posted:

I mean, I wouldn’t mind having her lead our marxist revolution. She is super inspiring and her Twitter game is ace. :allears:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Reclines Obesily posted:

quote:

This is the same basket of services promised by populist politicians across the world. And those promises are empty. There is no way to pay for an endless welfare state without endless taxes. According to the Tax Foundation, the Nordic social democracies so beloved by progressives across the world tax the bejeezus out of their citizens: 60.4 percent income tax rate in Denmark, applicable at approximately 1.2 times the average income, as of 2015;

Goddamn this loving guy. First of all, he uses tax rates from 2015 to pad his argument out - they actually cut taxes a bit since 2015. Second of all, he totally ignores the fact that Denmark has a progressive income tax so uh dude if you're paying that much in taxes you're making a lot of money.

quote:

Under the Danish tax system, it is possible for a high-wage earner to pay up to 51.5% of their total income after gross tax, giving a total of 55.38% of total income.

Also, people in the Nordic countries are way happier!!! So what's his goddamn point exactly?!

quote:

Neverthless, a Gallup survey from 2014 showed that almost nine out of 10 Danish people happily pay their taxes to some or a high degree.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
at least this dipshit isn't pretending hes on our side like the other maga idiots

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Turdlet has a nice ring to it.

I mean, I wouldn’t mind having her lead our marxist revolution. She is super inspiring and her Twitter game is ace. :allears:

For some reason I'm pretty sure she'd be treated like another Belkacem or Taubira by the Figarean hordes

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1072579579993358337
Uh oh

poopinmymouth
Mar 2, 2005

PROUD 2 B AMERICAN (these colors don't run)

Moridin920 posted:

Also, people in the Nordic countries are way happier!!! So what's his goddamn point exactly?!

I moved from LA making 75k to Iceland where I make about 35k. My taxes are higher at 35k than they were at 75k. I'm way, way happier. I much prefer UHC and safety nets to a few more dollars (that are eaten by all the private services needed to reproduce state funded ones). My playschool bill is 250 USD a month, for example, for 40 hours a week, breakfast, lunch, and a fruit snack, and 5 teachers per 18 kids, with the top teacher having a masters degree. I can walk to the playschool in 6 minutes from my house and pass another one I could have signed up for.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

poopinmymouth posted:

(that are eaten by all the private services needed to reproduce state funded ones)

Yeah this is the glaring massive red flashing light people like to ignore with the "but taxes" argument.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

:lol:

extremely centrist german outlet Die Welt ran an op ed today pointing out that Macron is dangerous because he was so quick to capitulate fully to the demands of (((populists))) and dangerously shouty plebs who have forgotten their place

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Reclines Obesily posted:

*in nasally nerd voice* ackually revolting against the elite is bad as they are your social betters

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Obliterati posted:

*bursts into thread*

Napoleon VII or gently caress off

E: Napoleon VI is alive but was disqualified from the succession because he ran in and won a local French election

the current heir to the house of bonaparte is a hedge fund manager or something equally shameful

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

the current heir to the house of bonaparte is a hedge fund manager or something equally shameful

every old royal family is like that. i knew someone who got accidently friended by one of the von hohenzollerns, and every one of them was either a fund manager or a corporate lawyer

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Though the carlist bourbons actually own because their last claimant was a titoist

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Totally down to hang with the beastmasters and disperse pets liberally.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/pamfoundation/status/1072617041008488449

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

Pamela Anderson with a more salient take on France than American news media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/MW_Unrest/status/1071919630871093248