Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Captain Cappy posted:

Please do not lewd Moriya Suwako, the only canon Touhou mother.

'tis nobler to be lewded than to lewd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

homeless snail posted:

no hockey but there's always ginban kaleidoscope, the anime about the canadian stunt pilot that dies and possesses the japanese figure skater

That's a hell of a concept

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Hey, thanks for this big list, there were a bunch of good ones in there I hadn't read yet. Also I want to mention that the group translating the one I quoted, Easy Going Scans, pulled their translation from mangadex. They've got up to chapter twenty on their group's website.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

I would be the happiest man alive if they made an ice hockey anime.

Theres a comic

Its what the golden kamuy artist did before

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=67940

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
unfortunately the updates for the Supinamarada scans have been pretty inconsistent. A few months ago a whole bunch of chapters came out quickly but there hasn't been any since then. Before that I think it had been years since it updated

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbqNRDPd5_k

this game came out and this game rules

if you're like me and just wanted more quake/hl1 stuff

Dusk is really good.

Also the visually boring first episode with wilder stuff in the rest of the game thing is peak 90s shareware aesthetic.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I wish Senryuu Shojou translated faster but as I understand it's a bitch to redraw and typeset, on top of translating the senryuus.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Cappy posted:

shinki, bitch

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

I was thinking of getting one of them on a whim once but ended up getting sonicomi, evidently I made the right choice. (?)
deep crimson is legitimately one of the better beat 'em ups ive played but it runs like rear end in a couple of spots and has camera issues

if it gets a switch port id definitely recommend it though

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
At first I was bummed that half of Volume 1 wasn't translated... then I realized the first half is translated in LatAm Spanish.

:getin:

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Captain Cappy posted:

Junko.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
isn't Chen adopted by lesbians

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

isn't Chen adopted by lesbians
technically she's ran's familiar, not her daughter, and likewise ran is yukari's familiar, not her wife

but in every way that matters they're a kid and her two moms

unless you ship yukari/yuyuko i guess, which is valid, but in that case it just transitions to yukari being youmu's step-mom

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So what you're saying is: Yukari is the 2hu Mum to end them all?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

She's not a mom anymore because her son's dead.

Also she purified her own past to become an embodiment of vengeance.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wark Say posted:

So what you're saying is: Yukari is the 2hu Mum to end them all?
imo the touhou with the most mom energies is still shinki, though shes pc-98

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Endorph posted:

unless you ship yukari/yuyuko i guess, which is valid, but in that case it just transitions to yukari being youmu's step-mom

This is a revolutionary concept and now I have to go write bad fanfiction.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

quote:

Shinki allowed a Makai tourist agency to organize trips to Gensokyo for Makai demons, which caused problems for Gensokyo's residents. Reimu Hakurei, Marisa Kirisame, Mima, and Yuuka Kazami traveled to Makai to put an end to this intrusion, defeating a number of Makai natives and Shinki herself.

this is the best touhou plot i've heard yet

Hungry posted:

:justpost: op

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hungry posted:

:emptyquote:

Endorph posted:

imo the touhou with the most mom energies is still shinki, though shes pc-98
Does she appear in Fantasy Maiden Wars? (haven't made the time to start playing it :shobon:)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wark Say posted:

:emptyquote:

Does she appear in Fantasy Maiden Wars? (haven't made the time to start playing it :shobon:)
yeah shes in the fourth game and alice is writing letters to her throughout the series. fmw goes hard on the 'shinki is alice's mom' thing to the point that alice literally just calls her mom, its cute.

DisDisDis posted:

this is the best touhou plot i've heard yet
imo my favorite touhou plot is scarlet weather rhapsody where reimu's shrine gets destroyed twice

Hungry posted:

youmu tries to rebel against authority by smoking one of mokou's cigarettes but then just spends seven minutes coughing while mokou blankly stares at her

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Do you know what else is revolutionary?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMRx4OkBSI8

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the best gag in mystic square is the boss fight with the twins where if you beat the harder one first the easier one goes 'how dare you!! i shall avenge her!!' and if you beat the easier one first the harder one goes 'oh thank god now we can fight for real'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odqsxhOZlH0

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Wark Say posted:

At first I was bummed that half of Volume 1 wasn't translated... then I realized the first half is translated in LatAm Spanish.

:getin:

the english scans of the first five chapters are hosted on another website that you can find in the comments for anyone who's wondering

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Infinitum posted:

Do you know what else is revolutionary?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL25C0H9vVw

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Cappy posted:

I'm hankerin' for a Touhou Descent clone. Someone deliver.

chumbler posted:

poo poo that's a good idea.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

Oh hey I havnt seen you in ages. You dont visit the NHL thread anymore. Hawks bad btw.

my brain is bad so i forget to watch sports. i do keep up with the playoffs. we're moving soon so i might be able to pay attention to my TV more

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Thank you.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rewatching Hyouka after it got talked about a bit upthread, always kind of forget how good it is until I get back to it. This scene in episode 6 where Mayaka is chewing Satoshi the gently caress out over something stupid while Chitanda’s in the background desperately trying to signal to Oreki to help calm them down has really hilarious direction. Hope Takemoto gets to direct another show soon, feel like I’ve barely heard about him since Maidragon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Hope Takemoto gets to direct another show soon, feel like I’ve barely heard about him since Maidragon
At the moment he seems to be watching over Tsurune. He's credited as 'supervisor' on it and directed an episode of it, while the actual director of Tsurune, Yamamura, seems to be both young (the earliest credit I can find for him is Clannad) and a KyoAni lifer. So odds are he's currently grooming Yamamura to be one of their next generation of directors.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Eeevil posted:

Hey, thanks for this big list, there were a bunch of good ones in there I hadn't read yet. Also I want to mention that the group translating the one I quoted, Easy Going Scans, pulled their translation from mangadex. They've got up to chapter twenty on their group's website.

thankfully it was recently licensed so we should be getting official volumes in the states pretty soon, if not already

but yeah I probably should have checked to see if people had pulled their translations

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

At the moment he seems to be watching over Tsurune. He's credited as 'supervisor' on it and directed an episode of it, while the actual director of Tsurune, Yamamura, seems to be both young (the earliest credit I can find for him is Clannad) and a KyoAni lifer. So odds are he's currently grooming Yamamura to be one of their next generation of directors.

Oh yeah, I knew he's around, I just hope he gets to direct something again soon. Watching Hyouka again reminds me that his stuff has a certain energy to it that I'm really not feeling from Tsurune.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tsurune is definitely very... safe? I get why you'd want the new blood to direct something that's hard to gently caress up and why it would be playing it safe, but at the same time I wish it was way more freeform. It's not really fair to compare it to K-On, but compared to K-On it's a way less impressive showcase for the new talent.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, Tsurune isn't...bad, but I also really have nothing to say about it. The only characters who've really grabbed me are the ones we've spent some of the least time on. It feels like we've spent half the show on Kaito more than our actual protag, and Kaito...again, isn't bad, his story's well executed for what it is, but I've seen that story beat for beat a thousand times. I just feel like the show doesn't really have any unique hook of its own beyond "KyoAni made it so it's pretty."

Now that I've said all this watch Takemoto's next project be like another Free movie or something I have to watch 3 seasons of something to catch up on.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 11, 2018

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Me and Sharkopath.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/HumansOfLate/status/1072510245623222272

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

K. Flaps posted:

Me and Sharkopath.

https://twitter.com/moimoiland480/status/1072266538411941888

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Stair go on cumtown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

there was a phase in my life where i had unpleasant dreams about being a guest on podcasts i listen to and not really having anything to contribute