Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

If there's anyone that knows a thing or two about winning elections, it's NeverTrumps!

Lycus fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Z. Autobahn posted:

LMFAO at the dude behind the Google rep

Same person as was at the equifax breech hearings - https://twitter.com/wamandajd/status/1072512360416534530?s=21

They are trans I think (mentioned solely bc they go by they)

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/gromerjeffers/status/1072564918438805506

what a chickenshit, defend yourself

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

THE Rick Wilson?

Who's Rick Wilson?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

eke out posted:

lmfao

good for her

Too bad she does it after meeting him,.and he'll never read it or hear about it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this owns, more of this please

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Dapper_Swindler posted:

it won't happen, this poo poo floats around every four years and it never comes to anything.

bloomberg / mccain / biden / hagel / lieberman / romney ticket, president is based on whoever gives you the platoon advantage

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Brony Car posted:

THE Rick Wilson?

Who's Rick Wilson?

former Republican operative turned Never Trumper

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

dwarf74 posted:

Because democrats let fox news set the agenda and talking points, and then respond to them.

No, there are genuine reasons to dislike Pelosi. She's a politician first and a progressive second. She's not terrible, but she's better when she has pressure from leftists to get things done.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I hope Biden opens his primary campaign promising the American people a Mitt Romney vice presidency. It seems like a really smart decision that will definitely benefit his ambitions.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The person who wrote that Biden/Romney article is literally just a Republican advisor, lol

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Brony Car posted:

THE Rick Wilson?

Who's Rick Wilson?

One of the few Never Trump Republicans who actually means it, but has apparently not read his new audience well

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

EwokEntourage posted:

They are trans I think (mentioned solely bc they go by they)

lots of people go by nb pronouns and aren't trans.

Also, thinking about Pelosi and JFK fuckin' now. We all know that happened

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*wearing a gently caress Drumpf t-shirt and drinking a latte* Hello, my fellow Democrats. I have a thought with regards to the Vice Presidency. *wig falls off, revealing a MAGA hat underneath*

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

TheScott2K posted:

One of the few Never Trump Republicans who actually means it, but has apparently not read his new audience well

Even the NeverTrumpers would rather have Trump rubber-stamp policy than a Dem president in 2020. It’s moral posturing that conveniently leaves out “I like this because it guarantees an R president.”

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
No wonder Mitch finally gave up trying to block the criminal justice reform bill

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1072578606990286848

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Failed Imagineer posted:

must've been a magical 20 seconds.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

The person who wrote that Biden/Romney article is literally just a Republican advisor, lol

And also works for the Biden Institute.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Failed Imagineer posted:

:chloe:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

For gently caress's sake

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mantis42 posted:

And also works for the Biden Institute.

I know, she "Hello my fellow kids"d her way into Democratic advising, it's insane.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Read the Twitter thread a bit more, too. Ted Leiu owns the Repubs by bringing up Steve King’s Racism. “If you want positive articles, do positive things. If you don’t want bad news, don’t do bad things. Don’t blame Google or Facebook, blame yourselves.”

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Shifty Pony posted:

Remember all the lame duck fuckery going on in Wisconsin and Michigan, where the GOP is trying to strip powers from the incoming democrats?

Looks like they are on rather shaky legal ground:

And before you make "in a 5-4 decision" jokes, Federal courts basically never second-guess state court rulings on the interpretation of state laws and the state constitution, for example the SCOTUS didn't step in when PA found gerrymandering to be against their state constitution.

Also, there is a very legit rumor going around that come January the Michigan Supreme Court will be a dem majority. Short version being currently its held by the R's with a one justice majority. The chief justice wants to jump poo poo to get a federal judgeship, but Sen. Stabenow has to give her green card for him to be appointed. Apparently Stabenow has agreed to do this if he waits until January when our new Dem governor can appoint his replacement.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Why does everyone hate Pelosi she seems good and cool.

I mean she’s no AOC but,

She's a representation of the same milquetoast left-of-center democratic wimp obsessed with decorum and rule following procedure we've had saddling the democratic party since Bill Clinton's first run. Many of us look to young firebrands like AOC because she represents an unapologetic progressive agenda that doesn't kowtow to republicans attempts to subvert said agenda in the name of bi-partisanship. The days of Pelosi-style democrats thinking if they just give some West Wing-inspired monologue explaining to the republicans why we should have universal healthcare or housing as a human right and suddenly they'll all stand up and clap and vote with us was over by the days of Newt in 1994. It's now 24 years later and center-left democrats like Pelosi are still stuck in that lovely rut.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1072576208037142530

:lol:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Failed Imagineer posted:

perfect username/post/punishment combo

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Just remembered something. Has the usual "Oh gently caress the term's over, FORM THE MEGABILL!" event happened yet? I imagine Trump will just sign it but I will laugh my rear end off if he sits on it for whatever dumb reason.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

No wonder Mitch finally gave up trying to block the criminal justice reform bill

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1072578606990286848

So what's actually in this criminal justice reform bill? I know it ain't legalizing weed but what sort of reforms does it have?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I have the votes Nancy

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Can I have a sixer I have s lot to do at work and I can’t stop f5ing this thread.

I wish there was a Pelosi and JFK sex tape

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Can I have a sixer I have s lot to do at work and I can’t stop f5ing this thread.

A sixer won’t stop you from being able to refresh the thread and surf it will just frustrate you that you can’t participate. Gutt it out and focus on work

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kammat posted:

Just remembered something. Has the usual "Oh gently caress the term's over, FORM THE MEGABILL!" event happened yet? I imagine Trump will just sign it but I will laugh my rear end off if he sits on it for whatever dumb reason.

that's the bill that trump is gonna veto and shut down the government because it doesn't include THE WALL

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Gatts posted:

A sixer won’t stop you from being able to refresh the thread and surf it will just frustrate you that you can’t participate. Gutt it out and focus on work

poo poo. That’s a quality point.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Arrgytehpirate posted:

poo poo. That’s a quality point.

yeah the only way around it would request a ban so you get the kid getting his head slammed in the window instead

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Lol shes going to needle the gently caress out of him till his head pops.

I approve wholeheartedly. I hope he explodes on tv and shits himself.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Meatball posted:

I hope he explodes on tv and shits himself.

The former necessarily includes the latter.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Everything is fine

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1072579717813936130

quote:

GOP leaders were left cringing by Trump’s vow to take responsibility for a partial shutdown and his promise not to blame Democrats. Asked if he had seen the exchange on television, Senate Republican Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas), said, “I did, unfortunately. I wish I didn’t.”
Senate Republican Conference Chairman John Thune (S.D.) threw up his hands when asked about his reaction. “I heard it was very entertaining television,” he said.

Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), who urged the president in a private meeting before Thanksgiving not to shut down federal agencies over the border wall, said he would have handled it differently. “I’ve never said that myself. I’m always trying to work to fund the government,” he said.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I don't feel like looking through his feed, did our totally not anti-Semitic president send out a Hannukah message this year?

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Arrgytehpirate posted:

There is, it was shot on silent 8mm film with a Bell & Howell home movie camera. Unfortunately frames 208 through 211 were accidentally destroyed by a Life photo lab technician.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I gotta say I do give Trump some credit for owning the shutdown and taking responsibility.

What he's doing is utterly irresponsible and morally reprehensible, but at the very least he's owning it (at least right now).