Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

mystes posted:

Another day another google product shut down.

https://support.google.com/fusiontables/answer/9185417

Coming soon – Teams at Google have developed internal tools that can create powerful map visualizations. We are working to make some of these tools publicly available and will have more to share in the coming months—sign up to stay in touch

ah I guess the fusion tables team is so old and small that another team with no actual product managed to get them killed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

Since then, several Google alternatives have been developed, providing deeper experiences in more specialized domains.

~deeper experiences~

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
apparently the normal person way to use YouTube is some mix of alerts and hoping things you care about show up on the front page, and YouTube keeps breaking those

i just use the subscriptions page and it seems to work fine

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shame Boy posted:

is that what happens if you hit that bell? i've never hit it because i'm like "wait i have subscriptions that show me new videos when they're posted why do i need another mechanism for that"

also the numbers in the left sidebar on the homepage basically don't update

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Plorkyeran posted:

apparently the normal person way to use YouTube is some mix of alerts and hoping things you care about show up on the front page, and YouTube keeps breaking those

Yeah same on the subs page and if I don't want to watch them right away I just mash the watch later butan

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

also the numbers in the left sidebar on the homepage basically don't update

that's about the only thing i've noticed yeah but for the most part i ignore that anyway, meh

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Plorkyeran posted:

I just let it store the default non-logged in cookie and it figures out who I am. plus tHe AlGoRiThM works pretty well at getting all my recommended channels back if I clear the cookie.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
there was a period of about a year after Google forced account integration with YouTube where you could sign into your YouTube account, copy the cookies, sign into Google, then paste the YT cookies and maintain both accounts separately

then they forcibly converted every YouTube account into a Google account and my login became some unrecognizable mess of a hash/checksum

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

dragon enthusiast posted:

there was a period of about a year after Google forced account integration with YouTube where you could sign into your YouTube account, copy the cookies, sign into Google, then paste the YT cookies and maintain both accounts separately

then they forcibly converted every YouTube account into a Google account and my login became some unrecognizable mess of a hash/checksum

my account still has two profiles. I log in with my google credential and then it prompts me if I want to use the default google profile with nothing in it or my original YT account where my actual subscriptions are so I just select that and its fine

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

my account still has two profiles. I log in with my google credential and then it prompts me if I want to use the default google profile with nothing in it or my original YT account where my actual subscriptions are so I just select that and its fine

same, but I don't remember what I did during the whole real name thing which led to this

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
News: People still use Opera in the year of our lord two thousand and eighteen.

Just finished a GoTo meeting with a director level person smh

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/kath_krueger/status/1072580282157551618

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The whole thread is great.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1072559759511953408

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The whole thread is great.

for varying definitions of 'great'

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

graph posted:

for varying definitions of 'great'

I for one am very happy that people who clearly understand the technologies they are using make laws for the rest of us.

Also oat milk tastes like garbage.

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
$350.00/year for log me in. $5.48 for a gentoo sticker, $3.17 for a lightbulb,

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

oat milk is actually pretty good, i think its the best milk alternative for lattes as well. i mostly just stick to blue diamond almond milk but its not great in coffee.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I for one am very happy that people who clearly understand the technologies they are using make laws for the rest of us.

i think the bigger problem is they also don't understand the laws

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Xaris posted:

oat milk is actually pretty good, i think its the best milk alternative for lattes as well. i mostly just stick to blue diamond almond milk but its not great in coffee.

YOU CAN'T MILK AN ALMOND GOD DAMMIT!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i drink whole milk

the way it clogs my heart reminds me of louisiana

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

im the idiot in the back wearing a bowler hat and fake mustache

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Shame Boy posted:

im the idiot in the back wearing a bowler hat and fake mustache

hello monopoly man

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
that guy is some kind of activist troll, he shows up to a lot of hearings like that

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

even the podcast ads admit that oat milk isn't as good as the real thing

i appreciate the honesty

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I'm all about that soy, baby

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

really all those products shouldn't be allowed to be called milk

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
almond cum

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:milkpolice:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

haveblue posted:

that guy is some kind of activist troll, he shows up to a lot of hearings like that

i thought that at first but now i think he's just a weirdo without any actual message, someone who just likes attention and has lots of free time. i mean look at how he keeps mugging to the camera, he's clearly just That Weird Kid from highschool

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

i thought that at first but now i think he's just a weirdo without any actual message, someone who just likes attention and has lots of free time. i mean look at how he keeps mugging to the camera, he's clearly just That Weird Kid from highschool

turn on your monitor

mystes
May 31, 2006

infernal machines posted:

YOU CAN'T MILK AN ALMOND GOD DAMMIT!
Sure you can. Just give it a good squeeze.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

in which amazon decides virtual light was an instruction manual

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

where nbsd to defend it and say they didn't offer amazon anything that any other company couldn't get such as *checks* using eminent domain to free up land for amazon

mystes
May 31, 2006

I like how the first sentence just calls it an "an Amazon branch office" without even mentioning the bullshit "HQ2" moniker that was dangled as bait.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

lol

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/11/media/verizon-oath-valuation/index.html

quote:

Verizon just admitted that the brand value of its media company, Oath, is almost nothing.

Verizon (VZ) announced Tuesday that it would take a $4.6 billion writedown on Oath, which includes Yahoo and AOL.
Oath's brand value is now just $200 million, according to Verizon. That's a stunning decrease in value since it formed in 2017. Verizon said Oath's brand was worth $4.8 billion when it last accounted for the company's goodwill valuation.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

cool corps can deduction $$$$$$ in taxes for bad investments but people cant get $20k student loan forgiven

america is a failed state

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i drink whole milk

the way it clogs my heart reminds me of louisiana

unless you're drinking huge amounts of milk the difference between whole milk and lowfat milk should not be a big deal

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
should have created an limited liability shell company (with your name) and had it take out the student loans on your behalf

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

it's like they've got the mindset of somebody who watches a lot of YouTube unboxing videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

unless you're drinking huge amounts of milk the difference between whole milk and lowfat milk should not be a big deal

current research has shown that dietary cholesterol is not the source of vascular cholesterol anyway. if you get clogged arteries it's because your liver is hosed up, not because you ate too much fat and eggs.

(your liver may have been damaged from your poor diet in the first place, of course).

similarly, salt only gives you hypertension if you have lovely genes. if you don't have the predisposition to sodium sensitivity you don't have to worry about your intake as long as it's below the lethal dose