Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Wait, why does she have to answer to these shitheads? They're not a government entity/agency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Edit : hmmm, thought I quoted a tweet about coulter being awful

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

everything he just said was a lie

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Smeef posted:

Remember when for about 5 minutes the "alt-right" pretended to be against warmongering as part of some sort of isolationism?

A small group of claimed lefties bought that poo poo too as a reason why they couldn't bring themselves to vote for Hillary the Warmonger.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jaxyon posted:

A small group of claimed lefties bought that poo poo too as a reason why they couldn't bring themselves to vote for Hillary the Warmonger.

Hillary_the_Hawk_Donald_the_Dove_Maureen_Dowd.png

the NYTimes is such a loving trash publication. no one should subscribe to it, it's the textbook example of :decorum: poisoning and why the media is worthless

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Shifty Pony posted:

Edit : hmmm, thought I quoted a tweet about coulter being awful

I decided she didn’t deserve the attention and edited her out.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
famous leftist, Maureen Dowd

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Trump has no idea what impeachment is

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You tap on the floor of the stall twice to signal that you believe in a flat tax.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

I'm (positively) surprised by the comments in the original tweet. I expected more mad chuds than that.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

Sweet merciful Jesus, how many George Bushs does your damned country have?

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

I keep rereading this and can't parse it at all. Can someone who speaks legalize please help!!!

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

TealShark posted:

This one is new to me too ok

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Every time you slay a George Bush, two emerge in its place.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

gently caress SNEEP posted:

This one is new to me too ok

George P. Bush is the current Texas Land Commissioner. Also, son of JEB!

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Squalid posted:

I keep rereading this and can't parse it at all. Can someone who speaks legalize please help!!!
No money to bomb Yemen for the next month, I think?

Edit: Texas Land Commissioner is one if the most powerful state offices in Texas, he's kind of a big deal. Probably try to run for governor sometime in the next decade, and then try for president the decade after that.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

TealShark posted:

He's Jeb!'s oldest son. Fun fact: his younger brother is Jeb!, Jr.

They're old money, and old money does stupid poo poo like this. W named his daughter after his mother (the full name, not just the first name or middle name or something.)

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I believe this is the one member of House Bush that kissed Trump's feet.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lycus posted:

I believe this is the one member of House Bush that kissed Trump's feet.

He endorsed Trump unprompted. Lol at that spineless sack of crap doing that after how Trump talked about his father, mother, uncle, and grandfather.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
e:Did you guys forget Billy "what kind of piece of poo poo grown man goes by Billy" Bush? He was literally there for the grab the pussy video.

King of Solomon posted:

They're old money, and old money does stupid poo poo like this. W named his daughter after his mother (the full name, not just the first name or middle name or something.)

Nothing like keeping the family name in the family.

Also maybe sometimes keeping the family blood in the family.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Lycus posted:

hosed up if true

In an unrelated matter, it occurred to me that the day is fast approaching where a basic neural net AI is required for Russian APTs to evade Twitter's in turn increasingly advanced bot spotting algorithms. The theoretical time delta between present day and The Second Variety feels ever smaller.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Bush the youngest is wrong, confederate plaques deserve to be in a loving trash can, not a museum.

It doesn't surprise me that republicans in Texas don't care about confederate monuments because they can continue to jerk off over the idea of Texas being an independent country.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

King of Solomon posted:

Why not go full Tessier-Ashpool and call him 3Jeb? :v:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Reforge the plaques and recarve the statues and monuments into urinals, that's my platform vote herstory 2020

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Tibalt posted:

No money to bomb Yemen for the next month, I think?

It's the opposite. It's a part of the "farm bill" saying "by this law you can't do anything to stop the military action in Yemen during this sitting Congress."

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Reforge the plaques and recarve the statues and monuments into urinals, that's my platform vote herstory 2020
I can only support this highly intriguing and clearly superior platform if there is funding for the time machine that sends nuclear weapons back to William T Sherman with orders to march to the sea like he loving means it this time.

I want to live in a timeline where traitor southerners have hidden in fear for the last 153 years instead of proudly putting an enemy nation's flag on a pair of truck nuts

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

ZobarStyl posted:

I can only support this highly intriguing and clearly superior platform if there is funding for the time machine that sends nuclear weapons back to William T Sherman with orders to march to the sea like he loving means it this time.

I want to live in a timeline where traitor southerners have hidden in fear for the last 153 years instead of proudly putting an enemy nation's flag on a pair of truck nuts

You're thinking too small. One, nuclear weapons are great shock weapons and would wipe out every major metropolitan area the Confederacy has even with tac nukes, but to truly win the war, you need to deploy counterinsurgency forces against the South to keep them from rolling back all those Reconstruction reforms. Two, if you have a time machine, why not go ahead in time and get some really special stuff that would help you with that counterinsurgency problem, like supersoldier terminator death squads versus the Klan and have them go all Project Phoenix on any Jim Crow motherfucker who dares drop a N-bomb in public.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Young Freud posted:

You're thinking too small. One, nuclear weapons are great shock weapons and would wipe out every major metropolitan area the Confederacy has even with tac nukes, but to truly win the war, you need to deploy counterinsurgency forces against the South to keep them from rolling back all those Reconstruction reforms. Two, if you have a time machine, why not go ahead in time and get some really special stuff that would help you with that counterinsurgency problem, like supersoldier terminator death squads versus the Klan and have them go all Project Phoenix on any Jim Crow motherfucker who dares drop a N-bomb in public.

It's too bad the only thing we're missing is the political will for such a thing.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

King of Solomon posted:

I spent the first half of the 10's working for one of the Bush's, one of the non-political ones. It was an amazing glimpse into some rich stupid (he once asked his secretory aloud to set up bank accounts for his children [all <12 at the time] for their "extra money"). Anyway yeah they all repeat the names and it's kinda weird and they all have at least 5 kids so get ready for generations of this, there are so many cousin's you really don't get it.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Sulphagnist posted:

It's the opposite. It's a part of the "farm bill" saying "by this law you can't do anything to stop the military action in Yemen during this sitting Congress."

Couldn't you just override that by passing another law?

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

jojoinnit posted:

I spent the first half of the 10's working for one of the Bush's, one of the non-political ones. It was an amazing glimpse into some rich stupid (he once asked his secretory aloud to set up bank accounts for his children [all <12 at the time] for their "extra money"). Anyway yeah they all repeat the names and it's kinda weird and they all have at least 5 kids so get ready for generations of this, there are so many cousin's you really don't get it.

Do they at least avoid using the same middle initials consistently, so we can have a whole alphabet of Bushes?

If the number of living George Bushes exceeds 26, do they start using Greek letters?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Priapus Unbound posted:

Do they at least avoid using the same middle initials consistently, so we can have a whole alphabet of Bushes?

If the number of living George Bushes exceeds 26, do they start using Greek letters?

George 7E Bush.

Fun fact: The Gracie Brazilian Jiujistu clan for a long time almost all had names starting with R. Renzo, who already had 8 kids, briefly named his 9th kid 'R-9' because they couldn't think of any more R names.

It's not really connected to this thread. It's just a fact I use to cheer myself up sometimes.

Vogon Poetry Slam
Nov 13, 2016

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Didn’t see this from earlier-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/11/congresswoman-google-ceo-why-when-i-search-idiot-do-i-get-pictures-trump/

Sorry, phone posting, but holy hell its ridiculous the sheer amount of idiocy by members of this congress.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

lmao, remember how after the election the GOP was smugly gloating about libs being in filter bubbles?

meanwhile, literal sitting senators are complaining that big mean Google didn't filter out negative stuff all special just for them

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Live At Five! posted:

Bush the youngest is wrong, confederate plaques deserve to be in a loving trash can, not a museum.

It doesn't surprise me that republicans in Texas don't care about confederate monuments because they can continue to jerk off over the idea of Texas being an independent country.

I also jerk off over the idea of Texas becoming an independent country

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Dems.... bad?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I do like that the Post invented a new pinocchio level just for Trump though.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Lycus posted:

We must destroy the sword of chang for the bush line to finally rest

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
For the overnight crew craving political drama, you might want to tune in to the BBC right now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Charlz Guybon posted:

I do like that the Post invented a new pinocchio level just for Trump though.

I don't. He's a liar. They should just say "he's lying". All this doublespeak to get around the fact he blatantly lies all the loving time is the media being complicit in those lies.